- As low as $758/Night
- 5 Bedrooms
- 3 Bathrooms
- Sleeps 10
- Arcade/game room
- DVD player
- Table tennis table
- Air conditioning
- Barbecue grill
- Bed sheets provided
- Coffee/tea maker
- Deadbolt lock
- Deck or patio
- Ecotours nearby
- Fire extinguisher
- Fishing nearby
- Golf privileges
- Heated pool
- Iron/ironing board
- Kayaking nearby
- Marina nearby
- Near laundromat
- Near the beach
- Near the sea
- No pets allowed
- Private pool
- Smoke detector
- Smoke-free property
- Surfing/body boarding nearby
- Swimming nearby
- Towels provided
- TV with cable/satellite service
- Washing machine and dryer
- WiFi available
About this Property
- Sleeps 10
- 5 Bedrooms
- 3 Bathrooms
- Private vacation home
- Non-smoking property
- Pets welcome (restrictions apply)
- No children allowed
Pretty Renovations in 2021!! 5 BR, 3BA 2,600 Sq. Ft. Beach Home 2 blocks from Ocean! Bright & airy LR & Kitchen combo. Wrap-around porch and sizable deck overlooking private pool. Extensive Master Bedroom w/private office and handsome bathroom. The Intracoastal waterway across street with water/marsh vistas. House equipped w/ 4 TVs, Beach Shower, Recreation Room w/Ping Pong Table, Ice Maker, W/D, Stainless Gas Grille, and high speed wireless internet. Bed Sizes: K, Q, 4S, and BunkBed (Single beds top & bottom). On the main floor: 3 Bedrooms - King in the Master Bedroom, Queen in 2nd Bedroom, 2 Twins in 3rd Bedroom. One bedroom upstairs using the spiral staircase w/ 2 twin beds. One bedroom on ground floor w/Bunk Beds. The kitchen and living room have been completely redone with all new cabinetry, floor, furnishings, light fixtures, etc. - it is really impressive and makes for a very comfortable, luxury stay. There is a second family room with TV and tons of games located on the ground level as well so the kids can have their own separate space to hang out! The pool is the ideal spot to relax, soak in the sun, and cool off! You will not be disappointed with this beach home just a short walk, or golf cart ride to the beach!
This property also includes a $250 credit to order beach gear when you book a stay between 3 and 14 nights!! There are many options to choose from including bicycles, beach chairs, beach carts/wagons, coolers, umbrellas, kayaks, paddleboards, etc.! Our partnered company, VayK Gear, will contact you 45 days prior to your arrival so you can place your order and they will deliver all equipment to your rental property. Just another added additional for booking through Carroll Realty to enhance your vacation experience.
This home is stringently a non-pet friendly home. No exceptions! Guest will be fined $1000 if a pet is found to be on the property at any time.
ALL BED LINENS, KITCHEN TOWELS, AND BATH TOWEL SETS ARE PROVIDED FOR YOUR CONVENIENCE!! You will only need to bring or plan to rent beach towels, chairs, bicycles, umbrellas, etc. Also supplied is a "starter set" of toiletries such as toilet paper, bath & dish soaps, paper towels, etc. but please do keep in mind you will most likely need to purchase these items after your initial arrival.
About the Area
Located in Isle of Palms, this vacation home is near the beach. Charleston Lighthouse and Fort Sumter and Fort Moultrie National Historical Park are local landmarks, and some of the area's attractions include Charleston Fishfinder Charters and Mount Pleasant Memorial Waterfront Park. Traveling with kids? Consider Patriots Point, or check out an event or a game at TD Arena. Discover the area's water adventures with kayaking, surfing/body boarding, and fishing nearby, or enjoy the great outdoors with ecotours.
Be prepared: check the latest COVID-19 travel requirements and measures in place for this destination before you travel.
- Pets not allowed
How to find the best rental home experience:
Money saving strategies:
- To book the most suitable rental home for your budget, we suggest reserving in the Fall or Spring shoulder seasons. You'll enjoy lower rates, greater selection, beautiful weather and the absence of large crowds at local restaurants, tours, and activities.
- In the Charleston area area, The earlier your group can reserve a home, the better your selection will be. The most desirable vacation rentals are reserved early. Reserving your vacation property up to twelve months before your vacation is recommended. Holiday gatherings are excellent times to search for and reserve your rental home.
- Active Duty and veterans of the US Armed forces may qualify for special discounts. Be sure to ask your prospective property management company or host if your vacationing group qualifies for a special rate.
- Property management companies frequently offer guests an option to obtain vacation insurance protection. Trip insurance, which usually will cost you anywhere between 1% - 5% of the booking price, offers visitors reimbursement of their vacation costs for any missed days as a result of personal medical-related emergencies or weather disasters, as well as ensuing additional hurricane evacuation costs or charges, such as an unanticipated hotel or extra fuel expenses. Trip insurance might be a a bank account-saver if the unforeseen happens. Ask your property manager for more information.
- Look for your local Charleston area visitors guide upon arrival. If your rental property doesn't have a copy, you can find them at local shops and fuel stations. In addition to great articles, visitor guide magazines contain offers and deals for nearby shops and restaurants.
How to choose and book your prefect Charleston area rental:
- Select a group lead, choose your trip dates, and select a maximum budget.
- Decide how many bedrooms and what type of bedroom configuration your group requires. Gorgeous, Newly Renovated Beach House! Private Pool & Game Room! 2 short blocks to the Beach! has 5 bedrooms and 3 bathrooms.
- Specific descriptions of bedrooms and bed sizes & counts is usually available on booking pages. If they are not listed, contact the property manager before reserving the vacation home. Remember that most properties list the maximum guest capacity, which oftentimes includes pull out couches in living rooms. You'll need to work out what is suitable for your family.
- If there's a particular Charleston area attraction you are crazy about, search for homes that are either near by, or those that cater to your requirements.
- Suitable accessibility amenities can make or break a vacation for guests that require the use of a wheelchair. .
- Traveling with pets? Although a number of vacation homes allow pets or animals, guidelines and costs vary per property. Allowable pet type, breed, and size are often limited. Remember to ask your host before booking, and study your agreement! Pet fees or costs may be applied to your invoice.
Know before you go:
- We recommend storing the manager's contact information in your smartphone.
- At Check-in, note any issues with the rental property and immediately contact the owner. Keep records of all coorespondence.
- Hosts are great sources of help! Don't be shy to ask questions during your stay.
- Be a good neighbor! You wouldn't like disrespectful visitors bothering your quiet neighborhood. Practice the golden rule for best judgement. If they like you, locals might even recommend great local food and scenic spots you would've never otherwise known about!
- Don't forget to... Ask a local! Local residents can often help. Who better to ask where to find the fresh catch of the day, have a great night out, or the best spots for shopping?
- Keep the property locked while you're gone! Don't let crooks spoil your holiday.
- Don't leave anything behind! Just before departing, walk through the rental property to confirm you've collected everything. Check bathrooms, dressers, and closets for hidden treasure. Clean out the refrigerator and take any leftovers home.
- Inspect the property one final time and keep an eye out for damage. We advise walking through with the property manager whenever you can (often this isn't possible). If the manager isn't available, remember to take photos of the property to record its condition at check-out.
- After your trip, leave a review! Property owners rely on great feedback to compel future reservations. They'll be grateful for your review. Alternatively, if something wasn't as described, other families will appreciate that you share your review and help them have the best future vacation. Please be objective. If something fell short of expectations, consider whether the host had any control over the issue, and if so, whether they responded reasonably to solve it.