- As low as $705/Night
- 3 Bedrooms
- 3 Bathrooms
- Sleeps 6
- 3 bathrooms
- 3 bedrooms
- Air conditioning
- Bed sheets provided
- Carbon monoxide detector
- Coffee/tea maker
- Fire extinguisher
- First aid kit
- Hair dryer
- In a village
- In the city center
- Iron/ironing board
- No pets allowed
- Sleeps 6
- Smoke detector
- Smoke-free property
- Towels provided
- TV with cable/satellite service
- Unit size: 980 sq ft (91 sq m)
- Washing machine and dryer
- WiFi available
About this Property
- Sleeps 6
- 3 Bedrooms
- 3 Bathrooms
- Private vacation home
- Approximately 980 SQUARE_FEET
- Non-smoking property
- Pets welcome (restrictions apply)
- No children allowed
This historic 1872 bungalow just 2 blocks from King Street offers a sanctuary setting for your Charleston vacation, set in the heart of historic downtown. With 3 bedrooms and 3 en suite bathrooms all located on the first floor, the property’s immaculate remodel showcases luxury amenities, gorgeous natural light, and landscaped patios. Great room offers a sizable sectional couch, palm tree vistas, and plentiful seating - with dining both indoors and al fresco. Entirely equipped kitchen.
Compass Cottage is entirely licensed and legal with the City of Charleston under STR Operational Permit OP2021-02245.
Recently & Totally Renovated 980 square foot - 3 bedroom / 3 bathroom single family 1872 historic bungalow close to everything in downtown Charleston.
The primary bedroom contains a king bed, the second bedroom contains a queen bed, and the third bedroom contains a king bed. All three bedrooms have their own en suite bathrooms and all bedrooms are located on the first floor of the home!
Private back patio with fire pit.
We provide starter supplies for your stay to include a modest shampoo, conditioner and body wash per person, 3 rolls of toilet paper per bathroom, 2 dishwasher tabs, modest bottle of dish soap, 1 roll of paper towels, 1 spare trash bag, 2 packs of coffee and a handful of modest creamers. After these initial supplies run out, we do not offer additional supplies. There are multiple convenience stores and grocery stores in the area for your convenience.
Guests have access to the front door through the keypad. The door code is given prior to arrival.
The home contains 3 bedrooms on the first floor, each with its own full bathroom.
The private driveway will fit one modest to mid size car. Please make sure your car does not cross the driveway or you will be ticketed by the city.
What do we appreciate about this neighborhood? Everything!
Each home is unique. The culinary scene for which the Charleston has become so famed is just steps away. Xiao Bao Biscuit, The Grocery, The Ordinary, 492, Chez Nous, Cannon Green, Trattoria Lucca, Stars, and Fuel (from Diners, Drive-Ins, and Dives) are all just around the corner - among countless others. The marvelous eateries and nightlife of Upper King Street are close enough to walk but far enough to not keep you up all nighttime.
The DASH trolley is complimentary in Charleston. There are 3 routes, and two of the routes have stops just 3 blocks from this property. More information can be found with the route map on the DASH website.
Other Things to Note:
Pet policy: As much as we adore the four-legged members of your family, we do not allow family pets at this property. Any sign of pets will incur additional costs starting at $500.
No smoking is allowed. Violators will be fined for in-room smoke damages. Smoking is only allowed outside of the property at least 10 feet away please.
No events or events.
Please note that there is a noise ordinance in this neighborhood after 11pm daily, so if you are appreciating yourself please stay inside and be considerate of the neighbors.
Please note that COVID-related cancellations are no longer honored. If a positive COVID diagnosis or exposure to COVID prohibits or alters the guest (or any individuals in the guest's group) from traveling to the property, the standard cancellation policy will remain in force. Should a guest choose to cancel their reservation under these circumstances, a refund will not be issued, and we shall have no liability with respect to the reservation.
Extenuating Circumstances Hurricane Policy: If a Mandatory Evacuation Order is issued by the Governor during the dates of your stay specifically for the county in which the property is located, the extenuating circumstances policy will be in effect and we will refund any deposits or payments paid by the guest. We shall have no additional liability concerning the reservation. However, if a Mandatory Evacuation Order is NOT issued, then THE STANDARD CANCELLATION POLICY WILL REMAIN IN EFFECT SHOULD THE GUEST CHOOSE TO CANCEL THEIR RESERVATION. If inclement weather in any other part of the country or world during the dates of stay prohibits or alters the guest (or any individuals in the guest's group) from traveling to the property, a refund will not be issued, and we shall have no liability with respect to the reservation. During months where there is a potential for inclement weather, such as hurricane season, we strongly recommend guests purchase travel insurance.
Please be advised that by confirming your booking, you are agreeing to the Rental Agreement Policy terms posted publicly on our company website. Should you have any questions, please feel to contact us prior to booking.
Conde Nast has rated Charleston the #1 tourist destination for numerous years. You will appreciate everything our appealing historic city has to offer, especially the Southern hospitality in which our residents take such great pride. Don't be surprised if you end up wanting to move here!
About the Area
Located in Charleston, this vacation home is in the city center. Music Farm and Charleston Music Hall are cultural highlights, and some of the area's attractions include Charleston Museum and South Carolina Aquarium. Looking to enjoy an event or a game while in town? See what's happening at TD Arena or Joseph P. Riley, Jr. Park.
Be prepared: check the latest COVID-19 travel requirements and measures in place for this destination before you travel.
- Pets not allowed
Our top Rental home booking tips and tricks:
Getting the best rental value:
- Summer months are high season in the Charleston area area. Book your Charleston area vacation home in the Spring or Fall to enjoy beautiful weather while saving money and avoiding crowded roads, restaurants, and activities. Speaking of the off-season, don't overlook the holidays for a Charleston area vacation! Who wouldn't love a holiday on the coast? Christmas, Thanksgiving, and New Years Eve are great times to gather with friends and family at the beach.
- The earlier your group can reserve a vacation home, the better your selection will be. The best properties are booked very early. Reserving your rental six to twelve months before your vacation dates is recommended. Holiday gatherings are excellent times to search for and book your rental.
- Veterans and Active Duty Military members may be qualified for special discounts. Be sure to ask your prospective property owner if your group qualifies for a price reduction or discount.
- Property managers frequently offer renters an option to add vacation insurance. Trip insurance, which costs 1% - 5% of the base stay price, offers visitors reimbursement of costs for any missed trip time as a result of medical-related catastrophes or weather, as well as evacuation costs, such as an unexpected hotel overnight or additional fuel expenses. Trip insurance might be a a welcome relief if the unforeseen occurs. Ask your property manager for details.
- Find a copy of your local visitors guide upon checking in. If your rental home doesn't have a copy, you can find them at local shops and visitor centers. In addition to great articles, visitors guide magazines contain money saving offers on local shops and restaurants.
Make a plan and choose the perfectrental:
- First and foremost, have your group decide on the best dates and a budget.
- 2 Blocks To King has 3 bedrooms and 3 bathrooms. If you need a larger or smaller rental, use our Charleston area rental home search.
- Precise descriptions of bedrooms and bed counts & types is usually accessible on booking pages. If you don't see them listed, reach out to the property owner before you book the rental. Remember that most properties list the max. guest capacity, which often includes sofa beds in living rooms.
- Are you visiting for a specific event or attraction? Try a map search to locate nearby rentals.
- Suitable accessibility amenities can make or break a vacation for persons with disabilities. Confirm all required amenities are available before booking.
- If your family is bringing pets, search for a pet-friendly property. Ask for details on breed, size, and type requirements. Some property owners charge pet deposits and fees.
Tips for your stay:
- Store the host's contact information in your smartphone.
- To make certain that no damages are linked to your stay, make note of any problem areas during check in. Contact the rental manager immediately to document any pre-existing damages. If there is a dispute about legal responsibility later, having a record of issues and contact attempts will be valuable.
- Ask questions. You may need instructions for a garage door opener, elevator or WIFI setup. Contact your property manager. They are there to help! A brief phone call prevents many difficulties.
- Respecting quiet hours and parking restrictions can make a stay significantly more pleasurable. Be a good neighbor. You'll increase your chance to make some new local friends, and resident neighbors are usually a terrific resource to find the best local beaches and hangouts.
- Speaking of neighbors... Ask a local resident! Local residents can typically help you find the best spots in town. Who better to ask where to launch your kayaks, have a great night on the town, or the best spots for shopping?
- Keep your rental home locked while you're gone! Don't let crooks spoil your family vacation.
- Re-check every room of the property to confirm that you've packed all of your belongings at departure. Re-check bathrooms, garages, and back yards for hidden treasure. Clean out the refrigerator and take any leftovers home.
- Document the condition of the property at check-out. We recommend taking a video during your final walk-through.
- Remember to leave a review! Hosts rely on great feedback to compel future bookings. They'll be thankful for your feedback. Alternatively, if something wasn't as described, other vacationing families will be thankful you shared your experience and help them have the best future vacation. Remember to be objective. If something fell short of expectations, consider whether the host could control the issue, and if so, whether they responded expeditiously to solve it.
- William Aiken House - 0.2 miles
- Charleston Museum - 0.4 miles
- Joseph Manigault House - 0.4 miles
- Marion Square - 0.4 miles
- Kahal Kadosh Beth Elohim - 0.7 miles
- Brittlebank Park - 0.8 miles
- Johnson Hagood Stadium - 0.8 miles
- City Marina - 0.9 miles