- As low as $686/Night
- 3 Bedrooms
- 3 Bathrooms
- Sleeps 6
- 3 bathrooms
- 3 bedrooms
- Air conditioning
- Bed sheets provided
- Carbon monoxide detector
- Coffee/tea maker
- Fire extinguisher
- First aid kit
- Hair dryer
- In a village
- In the city center
- Iron/ironing board
- No pets allowed
- Onsite parking
- Paper towels
- Sleeps 6
- Smoke detector
- Smoke-free property
- Toilet paper
- Towels provided
- TV with cable/satellite service
- Unit size: 980 sq ft (91 sq m)
- Washing machine and dryer
- WiFi available
About this Property
- Sleeps 6
- 3 Bedrooms
- 3 Bathrooms
- Private vacation home
- Approximately 980 square feet
This historic 1872 bungalow just 2 blocks from King Street offers a sanctuary setting for your Charleston vacation, set in the heart of historic downtown. With 3 bedrooms and 3 en suite bathrooms all located on the first floor, the property’s immaculate remodel showcases luxury amenities, gorgeous natural light, and landscaped patios. Great room offers a huge sectional couch, palm tree vistas, and plentiful seating - with dining both indoors and al fresco. Entirely equipped kitchen.
Compass Cottage is completely licensed and legal with the City of Charleston under STR Operational Permit OP2022-02491.
Recently & Totally Renovated 980 square foot - 3 bedroom / 3 bathroom single family 1872 historic bungalow close to everything in downtown Charleston.
The primary bedroom contains a king bed, the second bedroom contains a queen bed, and the third bedroom contains a king bed. All three bedrooms have their own en suite bathrooms and all bedrooms are located on the first floor of the home!
Private back patio with fire pit.
We provide starter supplies for your stay to include a modest shampoo, conditioner and body wash per person, 3 rolls of toilet paper per bathroom, 2 dishwasher tabs, modest bottle of dish soap, 1 roll of paper towels, 1 spare trash bag, 2 packs of coffee and a handful of modest creamers. After these initial supplies run out, we do not offer additional supplies. There are numerous convenience stores and grocery stores in the area for your convenience.
Guests have access to the front door through the keypad. The door code is given prior to arrival.
The home contains 3 bedrooms on the first floor, each with its own full bathroom.
The private driveway will fit one modest to mid size car. Please make sure your car does not cross the driveway or you will be ticketed by the city.
What do we appreciate about this neighborhood? Everything!
Each home is unique. The culinary scene for which the Charleston has become so famed is just steps away. Xiao Bao Biscuit, The Grocery, The Ordinary, 492, Chez Nous, Cannon Green, Trattoria Lucca, Stars, and Fuel (from Diners, Drive-Ins, and Dives) are all just around the corner - among countless others. The amazing eateries and nightlife of Upper King Street are close enough to walk but far enough to not keep you up all nighttime.
The DASH trolley is complimentary in Charleston. There are 3 routes, and two of the routes have stops just 3 blocks from this property. More information can be found with the route map on the DASH website.
Other Things to Note:
Pet policy: As much as we appreciate the four-legged members of your family, we do not allow family pets at this property. Any sign of pets will incur additional costs starting at $500.
No smoking is allowed. Violators will be fined for in-room smoke damages. Smoking is only allowed outside of the property at least 10 feet away please.
No events or events.
Please note that there is a noise ordinance in this neighborhood after 11pm daily, so if you are appreciating yourself please stay inside and be considerate of the neighbors.
Please note that this property has a propane tank for the fire pit, but we do not refill/replace empty containers, nor do we reimburse for refills. There may be enough propane for your use from the previous guests, but if not, empty containers can be exchanged at gas stations, grocery stores, etc.
Please note that COVID-related cancellations are no longer honored. If a positive COVID diagnosis or exposure to COVID prohibits or alters the guest (or any individuals in the guest's group) from traveling to the property, the standard cancellation policy will remain in force. Should a guest choose to cancel their reservation under these circumstances, a refund will not be issued, and we shall have no liability with respect to the reservation.
Extenuating Circumstances Hurricane Policy: If a Mandatory Evacuation Order is issued by the Governor during the dates of your stay specifically for the county in which the property is located, the extenuating circumstances policy will be in effect and we will refund any deposits or payments paid by the guest. We shall have no additional liability concerning the reservation. However, if a Mandatory Evacuation Order is NOT issued, then THE STANDARD CANCELLATION POLICY WILL REMAIN IN EFFECT SHOULD THE GUEST CHOOSE TO CANCEL THEIR RESERVATION. If inclement weather in any other part of the country or world during the dates of stay prohibits or alters the guest (or any individuals in the guest's group) from traveling to the property, a refund will not be issued, and we shall have no liability with respect to the reservation. During months where there is a potential for inclement weather, such as hurricane season, we strongly recommend guests purchase travel insurance.
Please be advised that by confirming your booking, you are agreeing to the Rental Agreement Policy terms posted publicly on our company website. Should you have any questions, please feel to contact us prior to booking.
Conde Nast has rated Charleston the #1 tourist destination for numerous years. You will adore everything our impressive historic city has to offer, especially the Southern hospitality in which our residents take such great pride. Don't be surprised if you end up wanting to move here!
About the Area
Located in Charleston, this vacation home is in the city center. Charleston City Market and Upper King Design District are worth checking out if shopping is on the agenda, while those wishing to experience the area's natural beauty can explore Fort Sumter and Fort Moultrie National Historical Park and Marion Square. Looking to enjoy an event or a game while in town? See what's happening at TD Arena or Charleston Gaillard Center.
Be prepared: check the latest COVID-19 travel requirements and measures in place for this destination before you travel.
- Pets not allowed
Tips and Tricks to get the best Charleston area vacation home experience:
Getting the most from your vacation rental budget:
- Book your vacation rental as soon as possible. Rental schedules often become available a year in advance (or in September just after the Summer season ends). Many families book their Summer vacations during holiday get-togethers. Reserve before these holidays for best selection.
- June, July, and August are the most expensive months in Charleston. To get the best value, consider shifting your vacation to the Spring or Fall seasons. May, September, and even October offer excellent weather, fewer crowds, and reduced traffic. Many vacationers use this method to reserve larger homes, or to book an oceanfront rental that would otherwise be unaffordable during the Summer.
- Veterans and Active Duty Military members may qualify for special discounts. Be sure to ask your prospective property management company or host whether your vacationing group qualifies for a special rate.
- Management companies and individual rental owners frequently offer guests an option to obtain vacation insurance. Trip insurance, which generally costs 1% - 5% of the base stay price, offers visitors reimbursement of costs for any missed time as a result of medical-related emergencies or weather disasters, as well as hurricane evacuation charges, such as an unexpected hotel overnight or additional gasoline expenses. Trip insurance can be a a life-saver if the unforeseen occurs. Ask the property owner for additional information.
- Many property management companies and vacation rental houses supply Charleston area area visitors guides which include money-saving offers, either offered directly by local businesses, or through a partnership between the rental management company and the business itself. You can also find Charleston area visitors guide magazine and coupon books at local gas stations and shopping centers.
How to select the perfect vacation rental in the Charleston area area:
- Start by having your family decide on dates and a budget.
- 2 Blocks To King has 3 bedrooms and 3 bathrooms.
- Precise information regarding bedrooms and bed counts & types is often accessible online. If not, email or call the property management company before reserving your home. Note that most listings specify the maximum guest capacity, which oftentimes includes pull-out couches and bunk beds.
- Some rental properties allow pets, and others do not. Allowable types of dog or cat, size and breeds may be restricted, and added charges may apply. Ask the host about pet restrictions before booking.
- Visiting for a specific event or attraction? If so, use a map search to browse nearby properties.
- Suitable accessibility amenities can make or break a vacation for those with limited mobility. .
Have a wonderful stay:
- Add the property manager's contact information to your phone. Take a copy of arrival/departure procedures.
- Hosts are great sources of help! Feel free to ask questions during your stay.
- Keep the property locked while you are away! Don't let crooks ruin your vacation.
- To make certain no damages are attributed to your stay, inspect the property for any problem areas during arrival. Speak to the rental manager immediately to record any damages. If there is a dispute, having the recorded concerns and contact attempts will be helpful.
- Be a good neighbor! You wouldn't like troublesome visitors bothering your peaceful neighborhood. Use the golden rule for common sense. If they like you, locals might even recommend great restaurants and scenic spots you would've never otherwise known!
- Speaking of neighbors... Ask a local! Local residents can typically point you in the right direction. Who better to ask where to get the best breakfast in town, have a great night on the town, or the best spots for crabbing?
- Re-check the vacation property to make sure that you've packed all of your belongings at check-out. Re-check dressers, closets, and bathrooms for hidden treasure. Clean out the refrigerator and take or dispose of leftovers.
- Please make sure to walk through the rental a final time and look for damages to contents or the property itself. We recommend inspecting the property with the property manager whenever you can. If the host is not available, take photographs of the property to record its condition at check-out.
- Leave a review! Property owners rely on great ratings to drive future bookings. They'll be much obliged for your review. Alternatively, if something wasn't right, other families will be thankful you shared your feedback find their best vacation home. Remember to be objective. If something fell short of expectations, consider whether the owner had any control over the issue, and if so, whether they responded quickly to fix it.
- William Aiken House - 0.2 miles
- Charleston Museum - 0.4 miles
- Joseph Manigault House - 0.4 miles
- Marion Square - 0.4 miles
- Kahal Kadosh Beth Elohim - 0.7 miles
- Brittlebank Park - 0.8 miles
- Johnson Hagood Stadium - 0.8 miles
- City Marina - 0.9 miles
- City Market - 0.9 miles
- Gibbes Museum of Art - 1.0 miles
Ready to book 3BD 3BA Renovated Historic Home | 2 Blocks To King?Book Online Get Information Call: