- As low as $540/Night
- 3 Bedrooms
- 3 Bathrooms
- Sleeps 6
- 3 bathrooms
- 3 bedrooms
- Air conditioning
- Bed sheets provided
- Carbon monoxide detector
- Coffee/tea maker
- Fire extinguisher
- First aid kit
- Hair dryer
- In a village
- In the city center
- Iron/ironing board
- No pets allowed
- Onsite parking
- Paper towels
- Smoke detector
- Smoke-free property
- Toilet paper
- Towels provided
- TV with cable/satellite service
- Unit size: 980 sq ft (91 sq m)
- Washing machine and dryer
- WiFi available
About this Property
- Sleeps 6
- 3 Bedrooms
- 3 Bathrooms
- Private vacation home
- Approximately 980 square feet
This historic 1872 bungalow just 2 blocks from King Street offers a sanctuary setting for your Charleston vacation, set in the heart of historic downtown. With 3 bedrooms and 3 en suite bathrooms all located on the first floor, the property’s immaculate remodel showcases luxury amenities, striking natural light, and landscaped patios. Great room offers a sizable sectional couch, palm tree vistas, and plentiful seating - with dining both indoors and al fresco. Totally equipped kitchen.
Compass Cottage is entirely licensed and legal with the City of Charleston under STR Operational Permit OP2022-02491.
Freshly & Totally Renovated 980 square foot - 3 bedroom / 3 bathroom single family 1872 historic bungalow close to everything in downtown Charleston.
The primary bedroom contains a king bed, the second bedroom contains a queen bed, and the third bedroom contains a king bed. All three bedrooms have their own en suite bathrooms and all bedrooms are located on the first floor of the home!
Private back patio with fire pit.
We provide starter supplies for your stay to include a modest shampoo, conditioner and body wash per person, 3 rolls of toilet paper per bathroom, 2 dishwasher tabs, modest bottle of dish soap, 1 roll of paper towels, 1 spare trash bag, 2 packs of coffee and a handful of modest creamers. After these initial supplies run out, we do not offer additional supplies. There are multiple convenience stores and grocery stores in the area for your convenience.
Guests have access to the front door through the keypad. The door code is given prior to arrival.
The home contains 3 bedrooms on the first floor, each with its own full bathroom.
The private driveway will fit one modest to mid size car. Please make sure your car does not cross the driveway or you will be ticketed by the city.
What do we appreciate about this neighborhood? Everything!
Each home is unique. The culinary scene for which the Charleston has become so famed is just steps away. Xiao Bao Biscuit, The Grocery, The Ordinary, 492, Chez Nous, Cannon Green, Trattoria Lucca, Stars, and Fuel (from Diners, Drive-Ins, and Dives) are all just around the corner - among countless others. The striking eateries and nightlife of Upper King Street are close enough to walk but far enough to not keep you up all nighttime.
The DASH trolley is complimentary in Charleston. There are 3 routes, and two of the routes have stops just 3 blocks from this property. More information can be found with the route map on the DASH website.
Other Things to Note:
Pet policy: As much as we appreciate the four-legged members of your family, we do not allow family pets at this property. Any sign of pets will incur additional costs starting at $500.
No smoking is allowed. Violators will be fined for in-room smoke damages. Smoking is only allowed outside of the property at least 10 feet away please.
No events or events.
Please note that there is a noise ordinance in this neighborhood after 11pm daily, so if you are appreciating yourself please stay inside and be considerate of the neighbors.
Please note that this property has a propane tank for the fire pit, but we do not refill/replace empty containers, nor do we reimburse for refills. There may be enough propane for your use from the previous guests, but if not, empty containers can be exchanged at gas stations, grocery stores, etc.
Please note that COVID-related cancellations are no longer honored. If a positive COVID diagnosis or exposure to COVID prohibits or alters the guest (or any individuals in the guest's group) from traveling to the property, the standard cancellation policy will remain in force. Should a guest choose to cancel their reservation under these circumstances, a refund will not be issued, and we shall have no liability with respect to the reservation.
Extenuating Circumstances Hurricane Policy: If a Mandatory Evacuation Order is issued by the Governor during the dates of your stay specifically for the county in which the property is located, the extenuating circumstances policy will be in effect and we will refund any deposits or payments paid by the guest. We shall have no additional liability concerning the reservation. However, if a Mandatory Evacuation Order is NOT issued, then THE STANDARD CANCELLATION POLICY WILL REMAIN IN EFFECT SHOULD THE GUEST CHOOSE TO CANCEL THEIR RESERVATION. If inclement weather in any other part of the country or world during the dates of stay prohibits or alters the guest (or any individuals in the guest's group) from traveling to the property, a refund will not be issued, and we shall have no liability with respect to the reservation. During months where there is a potential for inclement weather, such as hurricane season, we strongly recommend guests purchase travel insurance.
Please be advised that by confirming your booking, you are agreeing to the Rental Agreement Policy terms posted publicly on our company website. Should you have any questions, please feel to contact us prior to booking.
Conde Nast has rated Charleston the #1 tourist destination for numerous years. You will adore everything our impressive historic city has to offer, especially the Southern hospitality in which our residents take such great pride. Don't be surprised if you end up wanting to move here!
About the Area
Located in Charleston, this vacation home is in the city center. Upper King Design District and Shops at Charleston Place are worth checking out if shopping is on the agenda, while those wishing to experience the area's natural beauty can explore Fort Sumter and Fort Moultrie National Historical Park and Marion Square. Looking to enjoy an event or a game while in town? See what's happening at TD Arena or Charleston Gaillard Center.
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy
- Pets not allowed
Tips and Tricks to get the very best vacation rental experience:
Cost saving strategies:
- Book your Charleston area vacation home in Fall or Spring months to get the benefit of gorgeous weather while saving money and avoiding crowded roads, restaurants, and activities. Many vacationers use this strategy to reserve larger homes, or to reserve a beach front vacation rental that would otherwise be unaffordable during June, July, and August. Speaking of the off-season, don't overlook Winter holidays for a Charleston area vacation! Who wouldn't love a holiday vacation near the ocean? Christmas, Thanksgiving, and New Years Eve are great times to gather with loved ones at your favorite beach.
- In the Charleston area area, The earlier your group can reserve a vacation rental, the better your selection will be. The best vacation rentals are reserved very early. Booking your vacation rental six - twelve months before your travel dates is recommended. Winter holidays are excellent times to plan and book your rental.
- Active Duty and veterans of the US Armed forces may be qualified for special discounts. Be sure to ask your prospective property manager or host if your family qualifies for a discount.
- Property management companies often offer customers an option to obtain vacation insurance protection. Trip insurance, which commonly costs 1% - 5% of the base stay price, offers visitors reimbursement of costs for missed days as a result of personal medical-related catastrophes or weather disasters, as well as ensuing additional hurricane evacuation costs, such as an unexpected hotel or additional fuel expenses. Trip insurance might be a a bank account-saver if the unforeseen occurs. Ask the property owner for additional information.
- Often, property management companies and vacation rental houses supply Charleston area area travel guides which often include special offers, either offered directly by local companies, or by way of a partnership between the management company and the business itself. You can also find Charleston area area magazine and coupon books at local grocery stores, shopping centers, and visitor centers.
Choosing the perfect rental home in Charleston:
- Select a group lead, select your vacation week, and select a spending budget.
- Determine how many beds and what type of bedroom configuration your group requires. 3BD 3BA Renovated Historic Home
- Specific information about bedrooms and bed types is generally accessible on booking pages. If you don't see them listed, contact the property manager before reserving your rental. Note that most listings specify the maximum guest capacity, which oftentimes includes pull-out couches. You'll need to determine what bed configuration is suitable for your family.
- Are you visiting for a single attraction or event? Try a map search to browse nearby rentals.
- Proper accessibility amenities can make or break a vacation for those with limited mobility. Make certain to inquire about wheel chair entry, pool lifts and specialized equipment needs.
- Are you traveling with furry, four-legged family members? Although a number of vacation homes allow pets or animals, guidelines and costs vary per property. Type of pet, size and breeds may be limited. Ask your property manager before booking, and study your rental agreement! Additional fees or costs may be applied to your invoice.
Advice for a wonderful stay:
- Get the owner's phone number and arrival/departure procedures for your rental home.
- To make certain that damages are not linked to your family's visit, inspect the rental for any problem areas during arrival. message the rental manager right away to document any pre-existing damages. If there is a dispute about legal responsibility later, having the recorded issues and contact attempts will be useful.
- Ask questions. You may need instructions for a hot tub, elevator or kitchen appliance. Contact your property manager. They are there to help! A brief call prevents many concerns.
- Respect the neighborhood. Frequently, nearby homes are occupied by local residents. Respecting late-night quiet hours and parking regulations reduces conflict and allows everyone to enjoy their day.
- Speaking of neighbors... Ask a local resident! Residents can frequently help you find exactly what you're looking for. Who better to ask where to grab the best tacos, have a great night on the town, or the best spots for BBQ?
- Keep your rental home locked while you are away! Don't let thieves spoil your vacation.
- Don't leave anything behind! Just before departing, take a walk through the property to reconfirm you've collected all of your things. Check garages, decks, and cabinets for hidden belongings. Remove everything from the refrigerator and take or dispose of leftovers.
- Record a video to document the condition of the property.
- Did your group have a excellent stay? Most rental managers make it easy for vacationers to provide feedback. If your rental and/or host was terrific, they would love to hear about it. If anything was out of order and they failed to fix it in a reasonable manner, or if the vacation rental wasn't as described, you'll want to make it a point as part of your feedback.
- William Aiken House - 0.2 miles
- Charleston Museum - 0.4 miles
- Joseph Manigault House - 0.4 miles
- Marion Square - 0.4 miles
- Kahal Kadosh Beth Elohim - 0.7 miles
- Brittlebank Park - 0.8 miles
- Johnson Hagood Stadium - 0.8 miles
- City Marina - 0.9 miles