- As low as $205/Night
- 3 Bedrooms
- 2 Bathrooms
- Sleeps 9
- 2 bathrooms
- 3 bedrooms
- 3 total pets
- Bathtub or shower
- Bed sheets provided
- Charcoal grill
- Close to skiing
- Coffee/tea maker
- Cycling nearby
- Dining table
- Electric kettle
- Fishing nearby
- Fitness facilities nearby
- Hair dryer
- In the city center
- Indoor pool
- Living room
- Marina nearby
- Near a health or beauty spa
- Near a hospital
- Near laundromat
- Near the beach
- Near the sea
- On the lake
- On the river
- Onsite parking
- Onsite parking includes off-street options
- Pet friendly
- Pets stay free
- Sailing nearby
- Scuba diving nearby
- Smart TV
- Smoke-free property
- Spa tub
- Surfing/body boarding nearby
- Swimming nearby
- Towels provided
- Travel crib
- Unit size: 1500 sq ft (139 sq m)
- Water park
- Water skiing nearby
- WiFi available
- Windsurfing nearby
About this Property
- Sleeps 9
- 3 Bedrooms
- 2 Bathrooms
- Private vacation home
- Approximately 1500 square feet
Pink Door is a 3-bedroom, 2-bath short-term home rental on James Island in Charleston, SC. You will be close to everything when you stay at this centrally located home away from home. It offers a remote workspace, wireless internet, intelligent TV, and adjacent kid/pet-friendly amenities -doggie park, playground, and public pool. It’s a 1500 sq. ft. ranch home closely located to downtown hospitals, The College of Charleston, and The Citadel in addition to multiple event venues here in the Low Country. Our home is roughly 4 mins. from downtown Charleston, less than 8 miles from Folly Beach, and less than 15 miles from the Gardens and Plantations West of the Ashley. The home features bedroom 1- queen with full bath, bedroom 2-queen, bedroom 3- two twins, 1- double (pull-out couch), and a twin (den couch). In addition, there is a living room, den, dining room, eat-in entirely-equipped kitchen, and laundry room with a washer and dryer. There’s a 55-inch intelligent TV as well as high-speed internet. For the little one, there is a high chair, stroller, car seat, and pack-and-play. For the guests who like to prepare and or entertain, there is an overabundance of options for dishes, chargers, glassware, linen napkins, silverware, serving dishes, and table settings for hosting all types of modest gatherings. The fire pit is idyllic for appreciating bourbon and cigars by the fireside. There’s also outdoor living space on the 16x16 backyard patio equipped with a charcoal grille, event lights, a table for outdoor dining, a sitting area for beverages and conversations as well as a fire pit for modest informal gatherings. We have ample room in the backyard for hosting modest events such as oyster roasts, family gatherings, as well as yard games. For our beachgoer guests, there is an outdoor shower to help keep the interior sand complimentary, comfortable, and cozy during your stay. There is off-street parking as well as additional parking next door at the recreation center. To safely allow the 4 legged family members to frolic and play, there is a doggie park directly behind our home with a doggie bath station! For the 2 legged family members, adjacent to our home are two playgrounds, a public swimming pool, inside basketball courts, baseball fields, and loads of additional parking if needed. The max. number of dogs is 3.
About the Area
Located in Charleston, this vacation home is in the city center and on a river. Fort Sumter and Fort Moultrie National Historical Park and Sunrise Park Beach reflect the area's natural beauty and area attractions include Charleston Museum and South Carolina Aquarium. Traveling with kids? Consider Mount Pleasant Memorial Waterfront Park and Patriots Point. Discover the area's water adventures with jet skiing, kayaking, and scuba diving nearby, or enjoy the great outdoors with cycling.
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy
- Pets stay free
- 3 total pets
- Service animals welcome
Tricks and tips to get the optimal vacation home experience:
Finding your perfect rental home:
- Reserve your rental as soon as possible. Rental schedules generally open a year in advance (or in September just after Summer ends). Many groups book their Summer rental homes during holiday gatherings. Reserve before these holidays for best selection.
- June, July, and August are the most expensive months in coastal SC. To find the best rental within your budget, we recommend booking in the Spring or Fall. You'll enjoy lower rates, greater selection, warm weather and the absence of giant crowds at Charleston area restaurants, tours, and activities. Speaking of the off-season, don't overlook Winter holidays for a Charleston area vacation! Who wouldn't love a holiday vacation on the coast? Thanksgiving and Christmas are great times to gather with loved ones at the beach.
- Some property management companies offer rate reductions for active duty military and veterans. It's always a good idea to check with your host or property manager to see if special discounts are available for your family before you book.
- Management companies and individual rental owners frequently offer their guests an option to purchase vacation insurance. Trip insurance, which costs between 1% - 5% of the base reservation price, offers visitors reimbursement of costs for any missed days as a result of medical-related catastrophes or weather, as well as ensuing additional evacuation costs or charges, such as an unanticipated hotel or additional fuel expenses. Trip insurance can be a a life-saver if the unforeseen occurs. Ask the property owner for program terms and fees.
- Look for your local visitors guide upon arrival. If your rental property doesn't have a copy, you can find them at local shops and visitor centers. In addition to great local articles, travel guide magazines have deals for local attractions, tours, restaurants, and shops.
Planning and choosing yourrental:
- Start by choosing your vacation dates and a max budget.
- Note the number bedrooms and the configuration your group needs. Coziest place on earth: 4.4 mi to DT Chas, hospitals, colleges, 7.4 Folly Beach has 3 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms. If you need a larger or smaller rental, use our Charleston area vacation rental search.
- Specific information regarding bedrooms and bed counts is regularly accessible on booking websites. If they are not listed, contact the property owner before you reserve the vacation property. Remember that most property listings specify the maximum guest capacity, which typically includes sofa beds.
- Some properties allow pets, but some do not. Allowable types of family pet, size and breeds may be restricted, and additional fees may apply. Ask the owner about pet restrictions before booking.
- Is your family looking for specific amenities? Most rental websites include search filters for amenities.
- Proper accessibility can make or break a vacation for the less-mobile. Confirm all required amenities are available before reserving a rental.
Have a wonderful stay:
- Review check in & check out procedures before leaving home. Save the directions to your smartphone, and take a printed backup.
- Ask questions. You may need instructions for a fireplace, elevator or coffee maker. Contact your owner. They are there to help! A brief text message prevents many problems.
- Keep your rental home locked while you are away! Don't let burglars ruin your family vacation.
- Record any damages to the property during check in, and immediately contact the host. We especially recommend texts and e-mails, as they usually contain built-in time stamps that are useful if a dispute arises.
- Be a good neighbor! You wouldn't like disrespectful vacationers disrupting your peace and quiet. Practice the golden rule for common sense. If they like you, locals might even recommend great local food and attractions you would've not otherwise known!
- Speaking of neighbors... Ask a local! Residents can frequently help you find the best spots in town. Who better to ask where to get the best breakfast in town, have a great night on the town, or the best spots for fishing?
- Just prior to departing, complete a final walk-through to confirm you haven't forget anything. Check garages, decks, and cabinets for hidden items. Clean out the refrigerator and take or dispose of leftovers.
- Please make sure to walk through the rental one final time and look for damage. We recommend inspecting the property with the property manager whenever you can (often this isn't possible). If the manager is not available, remember to take video and pictures of the property to record its condition.
- Remember to leave a review! Hosts rely on great feedback to stimulate more reservations. They'll be grateful for your review. Alternatively, if something went awry, other families will be thankful you shared your experience and help them have the best future vacation. Please be fair with your feedback If something fell short of expectations, consider whether the owner could control the issue, and if so, whether they responded reasonably to remedy it.
- White Point Garden - 2.0 miles
- Miles Brewton House - 2.2 miles
- Nathaniel Russell House - 2.3 miles
- Rainbow Row - 2.4 miles
- St. John the Baptist Church - 2.4 miles
- Washington Square - 2.5 miles
- Old Exchange and Provost Dungeon - 2.5 miles
- Dock Street Theater - 2.6 miles