- As low as $410/Night
- 3 Bedrooms
- 2 Bathrooms
- Sleeps 8
- 2 bathrooms
- 3 bedrooms
- Air conditioning
- Bed sheets provided
- Car recommended
- Carbon monoxide detector
- Cobblestone flooring in public areas
- Coffee/tea maker
- Dining room
- Fire extinguisher
- Fitness facilities nearby
- Hair dryer
- If you have requests for specific accessibility needs, please contact the property using the information on the reservation confirmation received after booking.
- In the city center
- Iron/ironing board
- Limited onsite parking (max 1 space)
- Living room
- Near a health or beauty spa
- Near a hospital
- Near laundromat
- No pets allowed
- Onsite parking
- Power boating nearby
- Smoke detector
- Smoke-free property
- Towels provided
- TV with cable/satellite service
- Unit size: 1057 sq ft (98.2 sq m)
- Washing machine and dryer
- WiFi available
About this Property
- Sleeps 8
- 3 Bedrooms
- 2 Bathrooms
- Approximately 1057 square feet
Welcome to (8D) Alexander Wilson House at St. Philip Square. We are nested in the heart of historic downtown Charleston - steps away from King Street (1 block) and Calhoun Street (.4 miles).
DESCRIPTION OF THIS PROPERTY:
•1 king bed, 2 queens, 1 queen couch-sleeper
•2 Bathrooms with showers
•Brand new completely outfitted kitchen, granite counter
•Historic, high ceilings, wood floors
•Entirely refreshed, professionally designed
•Piazza with 6 chairs and tables
•Antique dining table can be set up, serves 6
THE APARTMENT ITSELF
The apartment is entered from the second floor piazza overlooking historic rooftops, set in the back, away from any street noise. The living/kitchen space combines a pretty new kitchen that opens into a comfortable, striking living room. It has a brand new West Elm queen couch sleeper with high end gel bed. There are two matching club chairs, one more chair, and an eating counter with stools. The granite counter opens onto the brand new kitchen with granite counter tops, all new stainless steel appliances (stove, refrigerator, dishwasher, sink and disposal, microwave) and a roomy pantry. Over the counter is a inch flat screen tv. Throughout the apartment you will appreciate the striking wood floors.
The three designer BEDROOMS have full closets and chests of drawers and dressing tables, bedside tables and reading lamps. One bedroom has a new king bed and the other two rooms have new queen size beds. The two bathrooms are conveniently accessed and have new granite counters, new sinks and granite floors. Tucked into one bathroom is a stack washer/dryer
In one bedroom is a drop leaf antique mahogany table that can effortlessly be set up for more formal dining in the living room and 6 alluring dining room chairs that complete the fashonable setting.
The piazza is a typical appealing Charleston feature and helps give our guests a true sense of being a "Charlestonian". We have seating for 6 where you can savor your morning coffee or afternoon drink after exploring the cozy streets, stores and eateries.
On the first floor of this building is a freshly updated 2 bedroom/2 bathroom apartment and next door to these apartments is another Vacation Rental By Owner by the same owner with 3 bedrooms. The three units combine to make an ideal setting for a bigger group.
This apartment is fresh, cozy, comfortable and tasteful. It has been inspired by one of the best, authentic Charleston designers.
LEGAL & BEST LOCATION
This gorgeous three bedroom completely modernized apartment is charmingly located in the newly designated legal "short term overlay" for legal short term rental in Charleston. Within the overlay, this property is in the southernmost part of that area which means it is as close as you can legally be to the South of Broad/Calhoun St historic districts without an owner present. Be sure to study the map because not all "historic" properties are so well located.
HISTORIC AND MODERN
In addition, some properties in the overlay are new construction. When visiting historic Charleston, why would you want to stay in a new condo when you can stay in a "Carolopolis" award winning historic building which has been freshly remodeled with all the modern amenities?
Slightly north of the College of Charleston on historic St. Philip Street this beautiful apartment is the ideal base to enjoy an enchanting Charleston experience. Charleston is like Rome, Italy in that most of the notable monuments and historic details are found in a fairly contained area. You can literally walk from the apartment to the southernmost extremes of the Historic District in under 30 mins.. This journey will take you through the Historic King Street District and the neighborhoods of Cannonborough, Elliottborough, Radcliffborough, Harleston Village and finally South of Broad until you reach the Battery itself.
TEAVEL INSURANCE AND CREDIT CARD INFO
We strongly advise during the month of September particularly, and some into October that you purchase trip insurance. It is the peak of hurricane season in our area. We do not offer refunds or date changes for any reason outside the cancellation period.
About the Area
Located in Charleston, this apartment is in the city center. Upper King Design District and Shops at Charleston Place are worth checking out if shopping is on the agenda, while those wishing to experience the area's natural beauty can explore Fort Sumter and Fort Moultrie National Historical Park and Marion Square. Looking to enjoy an event or a game while in town? See what's happening at TD Arena or Charleston Gaillard Center. Take an opportunity to explore the area for water adventures such as motor boating.
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy
Know Before you Go
A car is recommended for transportation to and from this property
- Pets not allowed
How to get the best Charleston area vacation property experience:
Cost saving strategies:
- June, July, and August are the most expensive months in Charleston. Book your rental in Spring or Fall to enjoy warm weather while saving money and avoiding crowded roads, restaurants, and activities. Many vacationers use this method to find larger homes within budget, or to reserve an oceanfront vacation rental that would otherwise be unavailable during June, July, and August. Speaking of the off-season, don't overlook Winter holidays for a Charleston area vacation! Who wouldn't love a holiday vacation on the coast? Christmas, Thanksgiving, and New Years Eve are great times to gather with family and friends at your favorite beach.
- Reserve your vacation rental as soon as possible. Rental schedules often become available a year in advance (or in September just after the Summer season ends). Many groups reserve their Summer vacation rentals during Thanksgiving and Christmas gatherings. Book before these holidays for best selection.
- Property management companies sometimes offer discounts for active duty military and veterans. Check with your host or property manager to see if special offers are available for your group before you book.
- Property management companies typically offer customers an option to add trip insurance. Trip insurance, which will generally cost anywhere between 1% - 5% of the reservation price, offers visitors reimbursement of costs for any missed trip time as a result of medical-related catastrophes or weather disasters, as well as ensuing additional hurricane evacuation costs or charges, such as an unanticipated hotel overnight or additional fuel expenses. Trip insurance might be a a welcome relief if the unforeseen happens. Ask the property owner for program terms and fees.
- Look for your local Charleston area visitors guide magazine upon checking in. If your rental property doesn't have a copy, you can find them at local shops and visitor centers. In addition to great information, visitor guide magazines contain discounts for local tours, shops, and attractions.
How to select the best rental home:
- Begin by choosing your trip dates and a budget.
- Determine how many beds and the bed configuration your family needs. (8D) Alexander Wilson House at St. Philip Square has 3 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms.
- Specific descriptions of bedrooms and bed counts is normally accessible on booking websites. If you don't see them listed, email the property manager before booking the vacation property. Note that most listings specify the maximum guest capacity, which oftentimes includes sofa beds. You will need to determine what bed configuration is optimal for your group.
- Visiting for a single event or attraction? Use a map search to find nearby properties.
- Suitable accessibility amenities can make or break a vacation for those with limited mobility. .
- Some rental properties allow pets, and some don't. Acceptable types of dog or cat, size and breeds may be restricted, and added charges may apply. Ask the owner about pets before booking.
Advice for a fantastic stay:
- Be sure you get the property manager's phone number and entry/exit procedures for your rental.
- To make sure damages are not attributed to your family's visit, make note of any problem areas during check in. Get in touch with the host immediately to document any issues. If there is a dispute, having the recorded concerns and contact attempts will be useful.
- Property managers are great sources of help! Feel free to ask questions before, during, or after your stay.
- Be a good neighbor. Often, surrounding homes are occupied by permanent residents. Respecting late-night quiet hours and parking rules is the right thing to do.
- Speaking of neighbors... Ask a local resident! Local residents can often help you find exactly what you're looking for. Who better to ask where to spend a rainy day, have a great night out, or the best spots for shopping?
- Lock your vacation home while you are away. Protect the owner's property and your stuff!
- Don't leave anything behind! Just before you drive away, take a walk through the property to reconfirm you've collected everything. Re-check closets, dressers, garages, and bathrooms for hidden treasure. Clean out the refrigerator and take or dispose of leftovers.
- Document the condition of the property at check-out. We recommend taking a video during your final walk-through.
- Remember to leave feedback! Hosts rely on good feedback to stimulate new reservations. They'll be grateful for your review. Alternatively, if something went wrong, other vacationers will appreciate that you share your feedback find their best rental home. Please be fair with your feedback If something fell short of expectations, consider whether the manager could control the issue, and if so, whether they responded reasonably to fix it.
- William Aiken House - 0.2 miles
- Charleston Museum - 0.3 miles
- Joseph Manigault House - 0.3 miles
- Marion Square - 0.4 miles
- Kahal Kadosh Beth Elohim - 0.8 miles
- Fort Sumter - 0.8 miles
- South Carolina Aquarium Charleston - 0.9 miles
- Johnson Hagood Stadium - 0.9 miles