- As low as $197/Night
- 1 Bedrooms
- 2 Bathrooms
- Sleeps 4
- 1 bedroom
- 2 bathrooms
- Air conditioning
- Bed sheets provided
- Carbon monoxide detector
- Coffee/tea maker
- Fire extinguisher
- First aid kit
- Hair dryer
- Internet access
- Iron/ironing board
- Living room
- Near a hospital
- Near coin laundry
- Note from host: Smoking is not permitted anywhere on the premises.
- Onsite parking
- Pet friendly
- Smoke detector
- Smoke-free property
- Sofa bed
- Towels provided
- Unit size: 600 sq ft (56 sq m)
- Washing machine and dryer
About this Property
- Sleeps 4
- 1 Bedrooms
- 2 Bathrooms
- Private vacation home
- Approximately 600 square feet
4 Bee St
Our calendar is refreshed in real-time & our nightly prices are accurately displayed. Simply enter your desired dates and click 'Book Now!'
Ideally located in the Cannonborough Elliotborough neighborhood of Charleston, this one-bedroom carriage home provides a fabulous taste of the city's history and appeal, as well as simple walking access to an countless assortment of eateries, landmarks, and stores downtown. This comfortable space is accented by original wood floors, a full bathroom on each of the two levels, a private washer/dryer for your ease and convenience, and a completely equipped kitchen with every essential. Leave your car in the supplied off-street parking space, and spend balmy afternoons calming outside on your private patio. At nighttime, you'll have a loft-style bedroom with a handsome, queen-size rice bed, an 18th-century style originated by the acclaimed craftsman Thomas Elfe. This type of bed was designed to allow for better air circulation throughout the hot summer, offering four posts that have been intricately carved with images of rice and tobacco, two crops that defined Southern agriculture at the time. In the living room, you'll find a cable TV and an additional sleeper couch as well.
What's close by:
This home is the carriage home on a piece of property in the Cannonborough Elliotborough neighborhood, with a main home up front. If you walk half a mile east to King Street, you'll reach Marion Square, the College of Charleston, and a wealth of eateries, eateries, and stores up and down the road. The Historic Charleston City Market is one mile southeast, while Liberty Square - the launch point for boats that go to Fort Sumter National Monument - is one mile east. You'll also be in the ideal location for visiting the Medical University of South Carolina (MUSC), which awaits one block west.
Things to know:
One 45-lb. dog is welcome
One off-street parking space
This home is the carriage home on the property; it is located behind the main home
This property is managed by Vacasa South Carolina, LLC.
Parking notes: There is complimentary parking available for 1 cars.
This rental is located on floor 1.
Damage waiver: The total cost of your reservation for this Property includes a nightly damage waiver fee, plus tax if applicable (the “Damage Waiver”). (A discount may be applied for stays of 28 nights or longer, if allowed.) The Damage Waiver covers you for up to $3,000 of accidental damage to the Property or its contents (such as furnishings, fixtures, and appliances) as long as you report the incident to the host prior to checking out. The Damage Waiver fee eliminates the need for a traditional security deposit.
More information can be downloaded from the "Rental Agreement" on the checkout page.
Due to local laws or HOA requirements, guests must be at least 21 years of age to book. Guests under 21 must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian for the duration of the reservation.
City/town permit number: BL000606-01-2016
City/town permit number: OP2022-03056
About the Area
This vacation home is located in Downtown Charleston, a neighborhood in Charleston. Charleston Museum and South Carolina Aquarium are local attractions and those in the mood for shopping can visit Upper King Design District and Shops at Charleston Place. Mount Pleasant Memorial Waterfront Park and Patriots Point are also worth visiting.
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy
- Pets allowed
- Service animals are welcome, and are exempt from fees
Our top Rental home booking tips and tricks:
Sticking to your spending budget:
- Summer months are the most expensive season in Charleston. To get the most suitable rental home for your budget, we highly recommend booking in Fall or Spring. You'll benefit from lower rental rates, greater selection, beautiful weather and the absence of large crowds at local restaurants, tours, and activities. Many vacationers use this strategy to reserve larger homes, or to book an oceanfront rental that would otherwise be unavailable or unaffordable during June, July, and August.
- Reserve your rental as early as possible. Rental schedules usually become available 12 months in advance (or in September just after Summertime ends). Many families reserve their Summer vacations during holiday gatherings. Reserve before these holidays for best selection.
- Hosts sometimes offer rate reductions for active duty military and veterans. It's always a good idea to check with your property manager to see if special offers are available for your group before you book.
- Property management companies frequently offer renters an option to add vacation insurance. Trip insurance, which usually will cost 1% - 5% of the base stay price, offers visitors reimbursement of costs for any missed trip time as a result of medical-related emergencies or weather, as well as ensuing additional evacuation costs, such as an unanticipated hotel overnight or extra gas expenses. Trip insurance might be a a welcome relief if the unforeseen happens. Ask your host for additional information.
- Look for your local visitors guide when you check-in. If your rental doesn't have one, you can find them at local shops and visitor centers. In addition to great information, visitor guides have offers and deals for local accommodations and attractions.
Selecting and booking yourrental home:
- Select vacation week and budget.
- Note the number bedrooms and what type of bedroom configuration your family requires. Charming carriage house w/ original hardwoods, W/D & antique bed - 1 dog OK! has 1 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms.
- Specific descriptions of bedrooms and bed types is often accessible online. If not, email the property owner before you book the home. Note that most property listings specify the max. guest capacity, which typically includes pull-out couches. You will need to work out what is best for your vacation family.
- If there's a particular Charleston area beach you are enamored with, search for rentals that are either close by, or those that cater especially to your requirements.
- Suitable accessibility can make or ruin a vacation for guests that require the use of a wheelchair. .
- Some rentals allow pets, and others do not. Allowable types of pet, size and breeds may be restricted, and added fees may apply. Ask the host about allowable breeds and types before booking.
Tips for a fantastic stay:
- Review check in & check out procedures before leaving home. Add a note with the directions to your phone, and take a printed backup.
- At Check-in, document any damages to the property and immediately contact the host. Keep records of all coorespondence.
- Hosts are great sources of help! Don't be shy to ask any questions before, during, or after your stay.
- Respecting late-night quiet hours and parking policies can make a stay more pleasurable. Be a good neighbor. You will enhance your chance to make some new local friends, and resident neighbors are usually an excellent source for finding the best local beaches.
- Don't forget to... Ask a local! Locals can usually point you in the right direction. Who better to ask where to go for the best drinks, have a great night on the town, or the best spots for BBQ?
- Protect the property owner (and your things!) by locking the property while you are out, just like you would back home.
- Re-check every room of the property to make sure that you've packed all of your belongings at check-out. Check bathrooms, dressers, and closets for hidden treasure. Clean the refrigerator and take any leftovers home.
- Document the condition of the property at check-out. We recommend taking a video during your final walk-through.
- Remember to leave a review! Hosts rely on great feedback to compel future reservations. They'll be much obliged for your review. Alternatively, if something went awry, other vacationers will will be grateful for your review find their best rental home. Please be fair with your feedback If something fell short of expectations, consider whether the host could control the issue, and if so, whether they responded reasonably to solve it.
- William Aiken House - 0.5 miles
- Brittlebank Park - 0.6 miles
- City Marina - 0.6 miles
- Marion Square - 0.6 miles
- Charleston Museum - 0.6 miles
- Joseph Manigault House - 0.7 miles
- Johnson Hagood Stadium - 0.7 miles
- Kahal Kadosh Beth Elohim - 0.9 miles