- As low as $226/Night
- 2 Bedrooms
- 2 Bathrooms
- Sleeps 3
- Video library
- 2 bathrooms
- 2 bedrooms
- Air conditioning
- Barbecue grill
- Beach sun loungers
- Beach towels
- Bed sheets provided
- Car not required
- Carbon monoxide detector
- Deadbolt lock
- Ecotours nearby
- Electric car charging station on site
- Electric kettle
- Fire extinguisher
- First aid kit
- Fishing nearby
- Fitness facilities nearby
- Free WiFi
- Hair dryer
- In the city center
- Iron/ironing board
- Jet skiing nearby
- Kayaking nearby
- Living room
- Marina nearby
- Near a health or beauty spa
- Near a hospital
- Near laundromat
- Near outlet shopping
- Near the bay
- Near the sea
- No pets allowed
- Onsite parking
- Outdoor furniture
- Paper towels
- Scuba diving nearby
- Shower/tub combination
- Smart TV with cable/satellite service
- Smoke detector
- Smoke-free property
- Sofa bed
- Surfing/body boarding nearby
- Swimming nearby
- Toilet paper
- Towels provided
- Travel crib
- Unit size: 850 sq ft (79 sq m)
- Washing machine and dryer
- Wildlife and game walks nearby
About this Property
- Sleeps 3
- 2 Bedrooms
- 2 Bathrooms
- Private vacation home
- Approximately 850 square feet
This sunny first floor unit just finished a full remodel spring 2018 to feature 1.5 BR (1 King bed, 1 twin daybed) and 2 full BA. No detail was overlooked, featuring: charmingly restored wood floors, a bespoke-kitchen, refurbished claw foot tub, two separate porches & more!
Savor high-end linens & all the amenities of a boutique hotel (quality bath products & towels, hair dryer, iron, wi-fi, premium TV channels, etc.) with the added convenience of a full chef-ready kitchen & parking incl.
Set back from the street, the apartment overlooks candy-colored historic homes that dot the neighborhood and provides a true Charleston experience for guests. Easily walkable to MUSC, College of Charleston, King Street’s most fashionable retail and eateries, & more.
Visitors can shop for tailored menswear at Indigo & Cotton located directly next door and across from the apartment; indulge in the city’s most beautiful bakery – Sugar Bakeshop - located just across the street from the rental; and peruse the selection of handmade bags and leather goods at J. Stark, just down the block.
* Parking for this property is included in the rental rate, and located on-site.
* There are two showers - note that the main bathroom features an antique claw-foot "mini" tub (4.5 feet), that we salvaged locally. The tub/shower features a grab bar and non-slip tred -- however, this is not ideal for anyone with mobility concerns.
*There is an additional unit above this rental in the same home, which sleeps 2 guests. If you happen to be traveling with a bigger event, we'd be happy to coordinate a whole home rental to accommodate 5. (Link to the upstairs unit -
* Loud noise and partying will not be tolerated.
About the Area
Located by the sea, this vacation home is in Downtown Charleston, a neighborhood in Charleston. The area's natural beauty can be seen at Fort Sumter and Fort Moultrie National Historical Park and Marion Square, while Music Farm and Charleston Music Hall are cultural highlights. Looking to enjoy an event or a game while in town? See what's happening at TD Arena or Charleston Gaillard Center. Be sure to check out the area's animals with activities such as game walks and birdwatching.
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy
Know Before you Go
A car is not required for transportation to and from this property
- Pets not allowed
Finding the best Charleston vacation rental experience:
Finding your perfect rental:
- In the Charleston area area, The sooner you can reserve a vacation rental, the better your selection will be. The best vacation rentals are reserved very early. Booking your rental up to 12 months before your vacation is recommended. Christmas, Thanksgiving and New Years Eve are excellent times to search for and book your rental property.
- Booking your Charleston area vacation rental in the Spring or Fall is our best tip for saving money on your rental home. Rates are lower, and you'll find a better selection of desirable properties. Speaking of the off-season, don't overlook the holidays for a Charleston area vacation! Who wouldn't love a holiday vacation on the coast? Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Years are great times to gather with family and friends at the beach.
- Veterans and Active Duty Military members may qualify for special discounts. Be sure to ask your prospective property manager or host if your group qualifies for a price reduction or discount.
- Property managers often offer customers an option to add trip insurance protection. Trip insurance, which commonly costs 1% - 5% of the booking price, offers visitors reimbursement of costs for missed vacation time as a result of medical-related catastrophes or weather, as well as ensuing additional hurricane evacuation charges, such as an unexpected hotel stay or additional gas expenses. Trip insurance is definitely a life-saver if the unforeseen occurs. Ask your host for program terms and fees.
- Look for your local visitors guide when you check-in. If your rental home doesn't have one, you can find them at local grocery stores and visitor centers. In addition to great information, visitors guide magazines have money saving offers on nearby attractions, tours, restaurants, and shops.
Use filters to search efficiently:
- Select a group lead, choose your vacation dates, and choose a maximum budget.
- Note the number bedrooms and what type of bedroom configuration your family needs. Beautiful, Bright 1.5 BR/2 BA Apt - Walk to King! has 2 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms. If you need a larger or smaller rental, use our Charleston area rental home search.
- Specific details about bedrooms and bed counts & types is usually accessible online. If not, contact the property management company before reserving your rental. Remember that most property listings specify maximum guest capacity, which often includes pull-out couches and bunk beds.
- Some properties allow pets, and some don't. Allowable types of pet, size and breeds may be restricted, and additional fees may apply. Ask the owner about your furry family members before booking.
- If there's a certain Charleston area destination you are enamored with, look for homes that are either near by, or those that cater to your desires.
- Suitable accessibility amenities can make or ruin a vacation for the less-mobile. Make certain to ask about specialized equipment and wheel chair accessibility.
Tips to have a terrific stay:
- Add the owner's contact info to your phone. Understand and take a copy of check in/check out procedures.
- Ask questions. You may want instructions for a garage door opener, elevator or WIFI setup. Contact your property manager. They are there to help! A brief call prevents lots of concerns.
- Ensure you protect the rental owner (and your things!) by locking the property while you are away, just like you would back home.
- During arrival, record any issues with the property and immediately alert the property manager. Keep records of all correspondence in case a dispute arises.
- Respecting late-night quiet hours and parking rules can make a stay more pleasurable. You will increase your chance to make some new local friends, and resident neighbors are usually a fantastic resource to find the best local beaches and hangouts.
- Don't forget to... Ask a local! Local residents can often help you find the best spots in town. Who better to ask where to get the best seafood, have a great night on the town, or the best spots for crabbing?
- Double-check every room of the property to make sure that you've packed all of your belongings at departure. Make sure to check dressers, closets, and bathrooms for hidden treasure. Clean out the refrigerator and take any leftovers home.
- Document the condition of the property at check-out. We recommend taking a video during your final walk-through.
- Leave a review! Hosts rely on excellent ratings to stimulate future reservations. They'll be grateful for your feedback. Alternatively, if something went wrong, other families will be thankful you shared your feedback find their best vacation rental. Remember to be objective. If something fell short of expectations, consider whether the manager could control the issue, and if so, whether they responded expeditiously to remedy it.
- William Aiken House - 0.4 miles
- Charleston Museum - 0.5 miles
- Joseph Manigault House - 0.6 miles
- Marion Square - 0.6 miles
- Johnson Hagood Stadium - 0.7 miles
- Brittlebank Park - 0.8 miles
- City Marina - 0.8 miles
- Kahal Kadosh Beth Elohim - 0.9 miles