- As low as $398/Night
- 3 Bedrooms
- 3 Bathrooms
- Sleeps 6
- 3 bathrooms
- 3 bedrooms
- Air conditioning
- Carbon monoxide detector
- Coffee/tea maker
- Deadbolt lock
- Fire extinguisher
- First aid kit
- Hair dryer
- Internet access
- Iron/ironing board
- Near laundromat
- No pets allowed
- Onsite parking
- Smoke detector
- Smoke-free property
- Unit size: 1135 sq ft (105 sq m)
- Washing machine and dryer
About this Property
- Sleeps 6
- 3 Bedrooms
- 3 Bathrooms
- Approximately 1135 square feet
Permit Number: 03873
The Space: Welcome to Chappy's Place!!! Our handsome, freshly refreshed home on the second floor of our traditional Charleston Single House is ideal for groups of up to 6 guests, with 3 bedrooms and 3 ensuite bathrooms. Located on Rutledge Avenue, you’re just steps away from striking cafés, eateries, bars, shopping, historic sites and Hampton Park!
Step off the piazza into our thoughtfully designed open living space, with lofted ceilings and a gorgeous, entirely equipped eat-in kitchen with seating for four at the breakfast bar or savor the Charleston air at the dining table on our porch. The comfortable living area with an original, decorative fireplace offers a Samsung Frame TV with all your favorite streaming apps preloaded. Our tech-friendly home also includes Google Home intelligent speakers throughout the space.
The huge, second floor piazza is the ideal extended living area and includes additional dining space for 4, as well as multiple cozy seating areas to appreciate a coffee or drink before heading out on the town.
Our home offers three impressive ensuite bedrooms with designs inspired by some of Charleston’s notable boutique hotels like The Dewberry and Hotel Bennett. The primary suite in a rich, moody green offers a comfortable king-sized bed, a private coffee bar, separate access to the piazza and an ensuite bathroom with a double vanity and elegant walk-in shower. A second bedroom includes a queen-sized bed, a decorative fireplace and an ensuite bathroom with a single vanity and a shower/tub combination with a striking teak design. The third bedroom also includes a queen-sized bed, a decorative fireplace and an ensuite bathroom with a single vanity and walk-in shower.
Sling TV is logged in if you would like to browse live TV, sports, news, movies and shows.
Street parking is ample on Rutledge Avenue. Please do not park in the back of the property. The back of the property is reserved for the downstairs tenants.Guest Access: *Unlock our Exclusive Guest Guide which helps avoid all the tourist traps and drastically helps plan your trip*
*Unlock Hotel Conveniences with your home*
All guests, age 25 and up, staying with Stay Duvet have been granted access to The Wonderer Charleston.
This 2-acre private membership club located in downtown Charleston is a modern getaway
offering resort-style amenities and a Bali-Tulum-inspired ambiance unparalleled on the
peninsula. The property includes a swimming pool, onsite eateries for breakfast, lunch,
dinner, trendy drinks, and of course poolside cabanas! It also includes an indoor gym and
exercise studio with daily classes, a recovery room full of spa therapies, private
and shared workspaces, live music, and an active calendar of social events.
Once you confirm your reservation at The Wonderer, you will receive a link to book your time to
visit the Campus. Please note, all exercise classes and ticketed events are offered based on
availability and may come at an additional cost.
Day Passes are available at the following prices (pre-purchase only):
- Free: Oct 15th - Apr 14th
- Additional Cost: Apr 15th - Oct 14th
- $15 per person: Sunday through Friday
- $30 per person: Saturdays
*No Rolling or Duffel side bags allowed on site, Please pre-register with Bag Valet for pickup at CHS International Airport or you will be able to check your suitcases with Bag Valet onsite at The Wonderer and it will be delivered to your local destination. Fees apply*
Please note: availability is not guaranteed without a confirmed reservation. The number of available day passes remains stringently first-come, first-serve. If you plan to enjoy The Wonderer anytime between April 15th - September 1st, we strongly suggest booking in advance to guarantee access. Prices are subject to change.
Any group exceeding 8 or more guests must be approved separately by contacting
the Wonderer directly. If using the Pool area, it is required that events of 8+ rent a Cabana.
The Club has a minimum age requirement of 25 years old (unless you're a member, a guest of a member, or receive a special exception from club management). Some special events may have varying age restrictions.
*Please also note that StayDuvet is not the same company as The Wonderer and offers
this as an added perk. If access is not granted to the Wonderer during your stay due to
availability, no inconvenience credits will be awarded, and any issues related to your visit
at The Wonderer must be directed exclusively to The Wonderer staff.*
Guests will have full access to their rental along with all the appliances and amenities supplied with your stay.
The Wonderer's parking is a paid lot.
If your unit has parking, Parking Instructions will be given to you 3 days prior to the check-in date. To see if your unit does have parking, please check THE SPACE and AMENITIES section of the listing.The Neighbourhood: Welcome to Wagener Terrace!
Escape the tourists and experience what it is to live like a local in Charleston peninsula’s fastest growing Wagener Terrace neighborhood. Only a short 20-min. walk to King Street or a 7 min. Uber ride, you’re close to all the action of Downtown Charleston, as well as a multitude of great local eateries. Go for a morning jog or long walk around Charleston’s biggest park - Hampton Park - and stop by one of numerous great neighborhood spots for a morning coffee and bite. Savor the amazing new culinary scene around “the Neck” including Rodney Scott’s, Leon’s Oyster Shop, Park and Grove, Edmund’s Oast (and their new brewpub!), Rutledge Cab Co., Taco Boy, Palmetto Brewery, Revelry Brewery, Goat Sheep Cow, Lewis Barbeque, and more! When you are done for the day, enjoy an evening walk down to the Citadel, Ashley River or to Lowndes Grove - the only remaining plantation home on the peninsula.Interaction With Guests: Our team can provide self-check-in instructions for your convenience. If you need anything at all, we can be reached via text or phone.
Our 5* hosting services company, StayDuvet, will be on hand throughout your stay. StayDuvet is the only group in town that offers Professionally Laundered 100% Cotton Linens, Off-Site Guest Resort with Pool, Gym, and Office Spaces, Hotel Conveniences, Entirely supplied Kitchens, and Custom Guest Itineraries to make planning your trip simple. Also, once the booking is confirmed, all guests gain exclusive access to our carefully curated magazine with the best local things-to-do such as the best eateries & bars, water-sports, boat units, massages, private chefs, helicopter rides, walking tours, and ghost tours.
Room Service: Stay Duvet is proud to offer Room Service supplied by Babas on Cannon. We offer a wide selection ranging from breakfast, lunch, pantry staples, bottled wine, drinks, and beer. Please download the iPhone or Android App to start placing your order which will be given to you at the time of booking.Getting Around: You can walk anywhere and everywhere in Downtown Charleston, but just in case, here is a list of the top transportation services:
Uber and Lyft
Charleston Black Cab Limo Company (Can accommodate 1-20 people)
CARTA Dash for complimentary rides around downtown!
Charleston RickshawOther Notes: *THIS PROPERTY IS LEGAL AND LICENSED BY THE CITY OF CHARLESTON!
*Bag drop is supplied through a third event for an additional fee.
We kindly ask you to utilize the washer and dryer if available in the unit to freshen linens. Unlike a hotel, we have limited linens and towels for our guests and must wash them between each stay off-site. We have supplied laundry detergent for your convenience.
*PROVIDED WITH EACH STAY:
Free High-Speed Internet WIFI
One Bag of Free Locally Packaged Coffee
Paper Products (toilet paper, paper towels, tissues)
Hotel Quality Bath Conveniences (shampoo, conditioner, body wash, hand soap)
Dish and Laundry Detergents
Hair Dryer, Iron, and Ironing Board
4 Bath Towels per bed and Professionally Laundered Linens
Basic Cooking Essentials and Kitchenware
*ONLY IF THE PROPERTY ALLOWS FAMILY PETS: One dog is allowed for a non-returnable pet fee of $200. Additional family pets are subject to approval with an additional pet fee of $200. Inquire first before bringing more than one pet. The fee is waived for certified service dogs IF Proper paperwork is included prior to Check-in! Any excessive pet dander or damages caused by your pet will warrant an additional charge. Family Animals must be on leash at all times when not inside property or in fenced in backyard.
*Room Service: Stay Duvet is proud to offer Room Service included by Babas on Cannon. We offer a wide selection ranging from breakfast, lunch, pantry staples, bottled wine, beverages, and beer. Please download the iPhone or Android App to start placing your order which will be given to you at the time of booking.
*If a Mandatory Evacuation Order for Charleston County is given during the dates of your stay, The Owner/Host or the Property Management Company shall refund 100% of all deposits, payments and/or monies paid by the traveler within 72 hours. Owner/Host or Property Management Company shall have no further liability with respect to the Reservation. Please note that if there is inclement weather in the other 49 states, prohibiting the traveler (or guests in traveler’s group) from getting to Charleston, a refund will not be issued and, Owner/Host or Property Management Company shall have no liability with respect to the Reservation. During months where there is a potential for inclement weather, such as hurricane season, we strongly suggest travelers obtain insurance.
*No Smoking Accepted. Violators will be fined a minimum of $250 for in-room smoke damages. Smoking is ONLY allowed outside of the property, but please try to keep at least 10 feet from the doors to keep smoke from trailing inside.
*Firearms are not allowed in any of our private residences. Any firearms left behind at a property will be turned over to local police without notice to guest.
*This is a licensed and legal Short Term Rental. Neighborhood peaceful hours are from 10pm-8am. If violated the city will issue a $1047 fine. Guests are also responsible for following the City of Charleston's Ordinance rules under Section 54-227.
*Our city is growing quickly. With that growth comes construction. Unfortunately, there’s nothing we can do about the resulting noise or the current, cosmetic state of some neighboring buildings. During your stay, this shouldn’t be too bothersome, since the city’s noise ordinance dictates peaceful hours between 10pm - 8am.
*10+ Day Stays are subject to an additional cleaning fee at host's discretion.
*Alteration Policy: Any change of dates or cancellation of any nights of the original reservation will not be approved within 60 days or arrival.
*Please use painters tape if you plan on using tape to decorate for an event. If the wall is damaged due to tape removal or decorations, you will have to pay $500 for repainting.
*THIS IS NOT A PARTY HOME!!!
About the Area
This apartment is located in North-Central, a neighborhood in Charleston. Upper King Design District and Shops at Charleston Place are worth checking out if shopping is on the agenda, while those wishing to experience the area's natural beauty can explore Fort Sumter and Fort Moultrie National Historical Park and Hampton Park. Charleston Museum and South Carolina Aquarium are also worth visiting.
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy
- Pets not allowed
Our top Charleston area vacation rental home tips and tricks:
How to get the best rental value:
- Booking your Charleston area vacation home in Spring or Fall is our favorite way to save money on your vacation home. Rental rates are lower, and you'll find a better selection of desirable homes. Many vacationers use this method to reserve larger homes, or to reserve an oceanfront vacation rental that would otherwise be unaffordable during June, July, and August. Speaking of the off-season, don't overlook the holidays for a Charleston area vacation! Who wouldn't love a holiday on the coast? Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Years are great times to gather with loved ones at the beach.
- Reserve your vacation home as early as possible. Rental schedules generally become available a year in advance (or in September just after the Summer season ends). Many groups reserve their Summer vacations during Thanksgiving and Christmas gatherings. Book before these holidays for best selection.
- Some hosts offer rate reductions for active duty military and veterans. Remember to ask your host or property manager if special discounts are available for your family.
- Property managers usually offer their guests an option to obtain trip insurance protection. Trip insurance, which commonly will cost anywhere between 1% - 5% of the reservation price, offers visitors reimbursement of their vacation costs for any days missed as a result of personal medical-related emergencies or weather, as well as hurricane evacuation charges, such as an unexpected hotel overnight or extra gasoline expenses. Trip insurance might be a a welcome relief if the unforeseen happens. Ask your property manager for details.
- Often, property management companies supply Charleston area area visitors guides which often include coupons, either offered independently by local companies, or through a relationship between the management company and the business itself. You can also find visitors guide and coupon books at local grocery stores, shopping centers, and visitor centers.
Choosing the perfect rental:
- Start by choosing your the best vacation week and a budget.
- Determine how many bedrooms and what type of bedroom configuration you need. Chappy's Place
- Specific information regarding bedrooms and bed counts is almost always accessible online. If they are not listed, call the host before you book your home. Note that most listings specify the max. guest capacity, which usually includes sofa beds. You will need to work out what configuration is suitable for your vacation family.
- Are you visiting for a single attraction or event? Use a map search to locate nearby rentals.
- Proper accessibility can make or break a vacation for persons with disabilities. Make certain to ask about specialized equipment and wheel chair accessibility.
- If your group is vacationing with pets, you must reserve a pet-friendly vacation rental. Ask for specifics on breed, size, and type requirements. Be aware that some hosts charge pet deposits and fees.
Know before you go:
- Take a copy of the host's phone number and arrival/departure procedures for your rental home.
- During arrival, record any damages to the property and immediately alert the owner. Record all coorespondence.
- Ask questions. You may need instructions for a hot tub, intercom or kitchen appliance. Contact your owner. They are there to help! A brief phone call can prevent a lot of difficulties.
- Respecting quiet hours and parking policies can make a stay significantly more pleasurable. Be a good neighbor. You will enhance your chance to make local friends, and resident neighbors are a great source for finding the best local spots.
- Speaking of neighbors... Ask a local resident! Neighbors can often help. Who better to ask where to find the best bike paths, have a great night out, or the best spots for crabbing?
- Lock your rental home while you are away. Protect your property!
- Don't leave anything behind! Before departing, take a walk through the property to reconfirm you've collected all personal items. Make sure to check garages, decks, and cabinets for hidden items. Clean the refrigerator and take any leftovers home.
- Go through the rental one final time and keep an eye out for damages to contents or the property itself. We advise inspecting the property with the property manager whenever you can (often this isn't possible). If the manager is not available, ensure that you take pictures of the rental to record its condition at check-out.
- Leave a review! Property owners rely on excellent reviews to propel future reservations. They'll be much obliged for your feedback. Alternatively, if something wasn't right, other vacationing families will will be grateful for your experience and help them have the best future vacation. Please be objective. If something fell short of expectations, consider whether the manager had any control over the issue, and if so, whether they responded expeditiously to remedy it.
- Hampton Park - 0.4 miles
- The Citadel - 0.6 miles
- Johnson Hagood Stadium - 0.8 miles
- William Aiken House - 1.5 miles
- Charleston Museum - 1.6 miles
- Joseph Manigault House - 1.7 miles
- Marion Square - 1.7 miles
- City Marina - 1.8 miles