- As low as $1,207/Night
- 4 Bedrooms
- 5 Bathrooms
- Sleeps 13
- 5 bathrooms
- 6 bedrooms
- Air conditioning
- Bed sheets provided
- Carbon monoxide detector
- Coffee/tea maker
- Electric car charging station on site
- Fire extinguisher
- Hair dryer
- In the city center
- Iron/ironing board
- Near the sea
- Onsite parking
- Pet friendly
- Shared/communal pool
- Smoke detector
- Smoke-free property
- Sofa bed
- Towels provided
- Washing machine and dryer
- WiFi available
About this Property
- Sleeps 13
- 4 Bedrooms
- 5 Bathrooms
- Private vacation home
A short walk from King St. The Palms, as part of the Spring Islands Collection, is a private upstairs unit in a split-level historic home. Recently remodeled The Palms is the ideal blend of modern amenities and the appeal of Charleston’s history with exposed brick and traditional elevated southern porch. Appreciate rare downtown amenities such as a shared pool with space for multiple groups to relax, ample parking, dog run, and lush landscaping.
The Palms is a completely restored unit on the second floor of a historic Charleston home. Unwind with the added privacy and peaceful of the top floor. Roomy rooms, beds, and living room make The Palms the ideal place to rest while appreciating your vacation. The private traditional porch accepts guests to experience the city and Charleston charm from the comfort of their own elevated getaway.
The Palms can accommodate up to 13 guests between 4 bedrooms, 4.5 baths, huge kitchen, and living room.
Flex Bedroom #1 – King bed (or two twins) + Ensuite bath
Bedroom #2 – King bed + Ensuite bath
Bedroom #3 – King bed + Ensuite bath
Flex Bedroom # 4 – King bed (or two twins) & Twin bed + Ensuite bath
Bonus Room – King-size luxury memory foam sleeper couch + shared ½ bath
Living Room – King-size luxury memory foam sleeper couch + shared ½ bath
* All ‘Flex’ rooms can be converted from King beds to two twins when requested*
Savor the resort-style pool, heated to 85 degrees during the cooler months, with your neighbors, socialize on your front porch, discover the cozy up and coming neighborhood, and savor rich selection of dining options all within walking distance. Become a Charleston local at The Palms as part of the Spring Islands Collection.
Permit # 04008
The Palms not rather what you’re looking for? Be sure to search for Town & Island Co. on your favorite browser to check out our many other downtown properties!
Each unit is equipped with coded lock that are changed regularly. You will receive all important check-in information 3 days prior to arrival.
Early check-in or late check-out requests are evaluated and granted on a case-by-case basis. We offer a suitcases storage space with a coded lock near the pool for all Spring Islands guests to use as needed. We welcome guests to use the pool while they await their check-in.
Cannonborough Elliotborough is a beautiful, hip neighborhood, dotted with indie stores, vintage stores, trendy eateries & bakeries. Residents, students, & visitors appreciate a walkable lifestyle, just a few blocks from bustling Upper King Street.
Located in the heart of the Cannonborough and Elliotborough neighborhood, upper King St. and the Charleston peninsula are at your doorstep. Rated a 92/100 walkability score and 75/100 bicycle-ability score (with a Lime bicycle hub less than a block away) discover Charleston with ease from any of our units in the Spring Islands Collection.
Too hot or too far to walk? Not a problem, Charleston offers a variety of transportation options such as the DASH a complimentary downtown shuttle, a unique pedicab experience offered year-round, or any of your favorite ride share companies operating in and around town.
Catering to the millions of visitors Charleston hosts there are ample private and shared services geared to easing guests’ ability to get from the airport to downtown. Whether a shuttle, private car service, or bag valet guests can make their way to their Spring Islands Collection unit anxiety complimentary. Contact our property managers with any further questions about transportation and getting around.
Other Things to Note:
Town & Island Co. is now happy to offer, through partnership with The Wonderer, all guests 25 and up access to Charleston’s premier global-inspired lifestyle club. This 2-acre private membership club located in downtown Charleston is a modern getaway offering resort-style amenities and a Bali-Tulum-inspired ambiance unparalleled on the peninsula.
Guests can savor an indoor gym and exercise studio with daily classes, a recovery room full of spa therapies, private and shared workspaces, live music, and an active calendar of social events. Refresh and relax with the Jr. Olympic pool complete with pool-side cabanas or savor the onsite eateries offering breakfast, lunch, dinner, and trendy beverages.
Once you confirm your reservation at The Wonderer, you will receive a link to book your time to visit the campus. Please note, all exercise classes and ticketed events are offered based on availability and may come at an additional cost.
*Please be advised that Town & Island Co. is not the same company as The Wonderer and offers this additional luxury to its guests through a partnership between the two companies. If access is not granted during your stay due to availability no inconvenience credits will be awarded. Any issues related to your visit at The Wonderer must be directed exclusively to The Wonderer staff.*
Each Spring Islands Collection unit comes with two assigned on-site parking spots in our off-street parking area monitored by camera 24/7. While theft is rare Charleston is a city and we encourage guests to ensure their cars are locked and all valuables have been removed.
Town & Island Co. welcomes all our furry companions, and the Spring Islands Collection has a dog run for guests traveling with their family pets. No pet deposit is necessary, but we do ask guests traveling with their pets to not allow them on any furnishings to maintain the quality and cleanliness of our human centered spaces.
Want to know more about making the most of your trip and stay? Property managers are on call to answer any and all questions guests have leading up to their trip. Whether you want to know more about the neighborhood or property, Town & Island Co.’s managers will happily help enhance your trip in any way possible.
Interaction with Guests:
Full time property managers Marielena and/or Zack available.
About the Area
Located by the sea, this vacation home is in Downtown Charleston, a neighborhood in Charleston. Music Farm and Charleston Music Hall are cultural highlights, and some of the area's activities can be experienced at Port of Charleston Cruise Terminal and Charleston City Marina. Charleston Museum and South Carolina Aquarium are also worth visiting.
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy
Note from host: Charge may apply
Getting the best Charleston area vacation property experience:
Money saving strategies:
- Summer is the most expensive season in coastal SC. To get the most suitable vacation home for your budget, we suggest booking in Fall or Spring months. You'll enjoy lower rental rates, greater selection, beautiful weather and the absence of large crowds at your favorite Charleston area restaurants and activities. Speaking of the off-season, don't overlook Winter holidays for a Charleston area vacation! Who wouldn't love a holiday vacation near the ocean? Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Years are great times to gather with friends and family at your favorite beach.
- Reserve your vacation rental as soon as possible. Rental schedules usually open 12 months in advance (or in September just after Summertime ends). Many families book their Summer rental homes during Winter holiday get-togethers. Reserve before these holidays for best selection.
- Veterans and Active Duty Military members may qualify for special discounts. Be sure to ask your prospective property management company or host if your family qualifies for a special promotion or discount.
- Property management companies frequently offer renters an option to purchase vacation insurance. Trip insurance, which normally costs between 1% - 5% of the base booking price, offers visitors reimbursement of their vacation costs for any days missed as a result of medical-related issues or weather disasters, as well as ensuing additional hurricane evacuation charges, such as an unanticipated hotel or additional gas expenses. Trip insurance is definitely a bank account-saver if the unforeseen happens. Ask your host for specifics.
- Many rental management companies and vacation rental houses supply Charleston area area visitors guide magazines which will include coupons, either offered independently by local companies, or through a relationship with the property management company and the business itself. You can also find Charleston area visitors guide and coupon books at local grocery stores, shopping centers, and visitor centers.
Planning, picking, and booking the perfect Charleston area rental:
- Choose a group leader, select your trip dates, and select a max budget.
- Note the number bedrooms and what type of bedroom configuration your group requires. Boutique Home & Resort Pool ‘The Palms’ has 4 bedrooms and 5 bathrooms. If you need a larger or smaller rental, use our rentals search.
- Precise information regarding bedrooms and bed counts & types is usually available on booking pages. If not, email or call the property owner before you reserve the vacation property. Note that most listings specify maximum guest capacity, which oftentimes includes sofa beds and bunks. You will need to work out what is suitable for your group.
- If there's a particular Charleston area attraction you crave, look for rentals that are either nearby, or those that cater especially to your needs.
- Proper accessibility amenities can make or break a vacation for the less-mobile. .
- Remember to include your furry companions! Many vacation homes allow animals, but guidelines and restrictions apply. Type of pet, size and breeds may be limited. Remember to ask your host before booking, and study your agreement thoroughly! Extra fees or might be applied to your contract.
- Take a copy of the host's contact number and check in/check out procedures for your rental property. We recommend storing the manager's contact information in your smartphone.
- To make sure damages aren't attributed to your family's stay, note any problem areas during arrival. Get in touch with the property manager immediately to document any pre-existing damages. If there is a dispute about who is responsible, having a record of issues and contact attempts will be helpful.
- Hosts are great sources of help! Feel free to ask any questions during your stay.
- Be a good neighbor! You wouldn't like loud visitors bothering your peaceful home life. Employ the golden rule for common sense. Happy residents may even recommend great local food and places you would've not otherwise known!
- Don't forget to... Ask a local resident! Residents can typically help. Who better to ask where to see a beautiful sunrise or sunset, have a great night on the town, or the best spots for fine dining?
- Ensure you protect the owner (and your stuff!) by locking and securing the home while you are gone, just like you would at home.
- When it's time to leave, complete a final walk-through to make sure you did not leave anything behind. Re-check closets, dressers, garages, and bathrooms for hidden treasure. Remove everything from the refrigerator and take or dispose of leftovers.
- Record a video to document the condition of the property.
- After your trip, leave a review! Property managers rely on good reviews to drive more reservations. They'll be thankful for your feedback. Alternatively, if something went wrong, other vacationing families will be thankful you shared your experience and help them have the best future vacation. Please be objective. If something fell short of expectations, consider whether the property manager had any control over the issue, and if so, whether they responded quickly to fix it.
- Johnson Hagood Stadium - 0.5 miles
- William Aiken House - 0.6 miles
- City Marina - 0.7 miles
- Brittlebank Park - 0.7 miles
- Charleston Museum - 0.8 miles
- Joseph Manigault House - 0.8 miles
- Marion Square - 0.8 miles
- The Citadel - 0.8 miles