About this Property
- Sleeps 12
- 4 Bedrooms
- 4 Bathrooms
- Private vacation home
- Approximately 2112 SQUARE_FEET
- Non-smoking property
- Pets welcome (restrictions apply)
- No children allowed
Permit Number: 01926, 01925
Our cavernous 1st & 2nd floor home, ‘The Globetrotter House’, is ideal for groups of 8-11 guests with 4 bedrooms, 4 full baths. Located just off of Spring Street, location and parking won't be an issue here!
Accessed by it own entrance/exit, and up (interior) stairs, Globetrotter features an open floor plan that accommodates both dining and lounge space, making it great for groups looking to spend time together or savor a meal. Dining tables with 4 seats and living rooms with high vaulted ceilings. Two bedrooms are located on the 1st level, with 2 full bathrooms and 2 beds and baths located on the 2nd level. Each of these bedrooms with its own Queen sized bed. Our team provides basic login credentials for the intelligent tv, so feel complimentary to use your own during your stay. Totally equipped kitchen with basic cooking/kitchenware is also located on this first level. There are also 2 futon-couches in the second floor living room and 1 futon in the first floor living room (3 total) which fold out to sleep additional guests. Full-size Washer/Dryer in each unit completes the spaces.
Guests will have exclusive access to the 1st & 2nd floors of the building. Easily accessible and well lit for your safety.
You can pull your car off the street and into a driveway parking for 2 cars shotgun style, which makes packing and unpacking a breeze.
The home is located in the heart of the appealing and trendy Cannonborough/Elliotborough district of downtown Charleston. With its friendly neighbors, comfortable eateries, and tree lined streets, our neighborhood will immerse you in Charleston’s classic appeal. This home is ideal for a family or group seeking a fun, culinary and cultural vacation. Popular dining spots in the neighborhood include Hominy Grille, Xiao Bao Biscuit, Fuel, Goulette, Five Loaves café, R Kitchen and the Warehouse for drinks. Our guests and neighbors also rave about Wildflower Pastry located close by. We recommend going here for a cup of locally-roasted coffee and the delicious cookies and cakes. The home is only a short walk from the very fashionable King Street where you will find a multitude of great stores – including antique stores, book stores and fashion stores – as well as buzzing eateries.
Interaction With Guests:
Our team can provide self- check-in instructions for your convenience, or we can arrange for someone to meet you at the door if you prefer. If you need anything at all, we can be reached via text or phone.
Our 5* hosting services company, StayDuvet, will be on hand throughout your stay; from checking you in, to giving you recommendations for things to do. They also have a concierge service and can organize activities such as water-sports, boat units, massages, private chefs, helicopter rides, walking tours, and ghost tours. Each guest is also included with a special visitor guide designed for them so they can discover the best things to do and see.
The property is only a couple blocks from the heart of downtown Charleston (King and Calhoun) where everything is. But here are a list of other transportation services just in case:
Charleston Executive Limo
Charleston Bicycle Taxi
THIS PROPERTY IS LEGAL AND LICENSED BY THE CITY OF CHARLESTON!
Bag drop supplied through a third event for an additional fee.
PROVIDED WITH EACH STAY:
Free Free High-Speed Internet/WiFi
Free locally packaged Coffee
Paper Products (toilet paper, paper towels, tissues)
Hotel Quality Bath Conveniences (shampoo, conditioner, hand soap, body wash)
Hair Dryer/Iron/Ironing Board
Room Service: Stay Duvet is proud to offer Room Service supplied by Babas on Cannon. We offer a wide selection ranging from breakfast, lunch, pantry staples, bottled wine, drinks, and beer. Please download the iPhone or Android App to start placing your order which will be given to you at the time of booking.
If a Mandatory Evacuation Order for Charleston County is given during the dates of your stay, The Owner/Host or the Property Management Company shall refund 100% of all deposits, payments and / or monies paid by the traveler within 72 hours. Owner/Host or Property Management Company shall have no further liability with respect to the Reservation. Please note that if there is inclement weather in the other 49 states, prohibiting the traveler (or guests in traveler’s group) from getting to Charleston, a refund will not be issued and, Owner/Host or Property Management Company shall have no liability with respect to the Reservation. During months where there is a potential for inclement weather, such as hurricane season, we strongly suggest travelers obtain insurance.
No Smoking Accepted. Violators will be fined for in-room smoke damages. Smoking is ONLY allowed outside of the property, but please try to keep at least 10 feet from the doors to keep smoke from trailing inside. Firearms are not allowed in any of our private residences.
This is a licensed and legal Short Term Rental. Neighborhood peaceful hours are from 10pm-8am. If violated the city will issue a $1047 fine. Guests are also responsible for following the City of Charleston's Ordinance rules under Section 54-227.
Our city is growing quickly. With that growth comes construction. Unfortunately, there’s nothing we can do about the resulting noise or the current, cosmetic state of some neighboring buildings. During your stay, this shouldn’t be too bothersome, since the city’s noise ordinance dictates peaceful hours between 10pm & 8am.
10+ Day Stays are subject to an additional cleaning fee at host's discretion
Please use painters tape if you plan on using tape to decorate for an event. If the wall is damaged due to tape removal or decorations, you will have to pay $500 for repainting.
THIS IS NOT A PARTY HOME!!!
About the Area
Located by the sea, this vacation home is in Downtown Charleston, a neighborhood in Charleston. American Theater and Music Farm are cultural highlights, and travelers looking to shop may want to visit Upper King Design District and Charleston City Market. Looking to enjoy an event or a game while in town? See what's happening at Joseph P. Riley, Jr. Park or TD Arena.
Be prepared: check the latest COVID-19 travel requirements and measures in place for this destination before you travel.
Know Before you Go
A car is not required for transportation to and from this property
- Pets not allowed
Finding the best Charleston area vacation home experience:
When to visit & When to book:
- Summer months are the most expensive season in coastal SC. To find the most suitable rental home within your budget, we highly recommend reserving in the Fall or Spring. You'll enjoy lower rental rates, better selection, gorgeous weather and the absence of giant crowds at your favorite Charleston area restaurants and activities. Many vacationers use this strategy to reserve larger homes, or to reserve an oceanfront vacation rental that would otherwise be unaffordable during the Summer months. Speaking of the off-season, don't overlook the holidays for a Charleston area vacation! Who wouldn't love a holiday near the ocean? Thanksgiving and Christmas are great times to gather with loved ones at your favorite beach.
- The earlier your group can reserve a vacation home, the easier your search will be. The most desirable vacation homes are reserved early. Reserving your vacation property up to 12 months before your vacation is recommended. Holidays such as Christmas and Thanksgiving are excellent times to plan and reserve your vacation home.
- Some hosts offer discounts for veterans. Ask your property manager if special offers are available for your group.
- Property management companies usually offer their guests an option to obtain trip insurance protection. Trip insurance, which costs between 1% - 5% of the base reservation price, offers visitors reimbursement of their vacation costs for missed trip time as a result of personal medical-related catastrophes or weather disasters, as well as ensuing additional evacuation charges, such as an unanticipated hotel or extra gas expenses. Trip insurance can be a a welcome relief if the unforeseen happens. Ask the property owner for more information.
- Find a copy of your local Charleston area visitors guide magazine when you arrive at the rental property. If your rental doesn't have a copy, you can find them at local grocery stores and visitor centers. In addition to great information, visitors guides have coupons for nearby accommodations, tours and attractions.
Selecting the best vacation rental in the Charleston area area:
- First and foremost, have your family select date ranges and a max budget.
- Note the number bedrooms and the configuration your family needs. The Globetrotter by StayDuvet
- Precise descriptions of bedrooms and bed counts & types is almost always available on booking pages. Otherwise, reach out to the property manager before booking the property. Remember that most listings specify the max. guest capacity, which usually includes sofa beds and bunks. You will need to work out what configuration is optimal for your group.
- Are you visiting for a single attraction? Use a map search to find nearby rentals.
- Proper accessibility amenities can make or ruin a vacation for those with limited mobility. Remember to confirm all required amenities are included before booking
- Are you bringing the family pet? Many vacation homes allow animals, but guidelines and restrictions apply. Type of pet, size and breeds may be limited. Make sure to ask before booking, and study your agreement thoroughly! Extra fees or costs may be applied to your invoice.
Advice for a wonderful stay:
- Take a copy of the property manager's phone number and check in/check out procedures for your rental property. Store the host's information in your smartphone and wallet.
- Record any damages to the rental at check in, and immediately contact the host. We specifically recommend texts and e-mails, as they usually contain time stamps that are useful if damages are attributed to your stay.
- Hosts are great sources of help! Don't be shy to ask questions during your stay.
- Be a good neighbor! You wouldn't like obnoxious vacationers disrupting your peace and quiet. Practice the golden rule for common sense. Happy residents may even recommend great beaches and attractions you would have not otherwise known about!
- Speaking of neighbors... Ask a local resident! Locals can typically help you find exactly what you're looking for. Who better to ask where to spend a rainy day, have a great night out, or the best spots for shopping?
- Lock your vacation home while you're out and about. Protect the owner's property and your things!
- Re-check the rental property to make sure that you've packed all belongings at departure. Check closets, dressers, garages, and bathrooms for hidden treasure. Clean out the refrigerator and take or dispose of leftovers.
- Go through the property a final time and keep an eye out for any damage. We advise inspecting the property with the property manager whenever you can. If the manager isn't available, take pictures of the property to record its condition.
- Remember to leave a review! Property owners rely on excellent reviews to drive more bookings. They'll be thankful for your feedback. Alternatively, if something went wrong, other vacationing families will will be grateful for your feedback and help them have the best future vacation. Please be fair with your feedback If something fell short of expectations, consider whether the property manager had any control over the issue, and if so, whether they responded reasonably to fix it.
- Johnson Hagood Stadium - 0.5 miles
- William Aiken House - 0.5 miles
- Charleston Museum - 0.7 miles
- Joseph Manigault House - 0.7 miles
- Marion Square - 0.7 miles
- Hampton Park - 0.8 miles
- The Citadel - 0.8 miles
- Brittlebank Park - 0.9 miles