- As low as $180/Night
- 1 Bedrooms
- 1 Bathrooms
- Sleeps 2
- 1 bathroom
- 1 bedroom
- Air conditioning
- Beach towels
- Bed sheets provided
- Coffee/tea maker
- Cycling nearby
- Deadbolt lock
- Dining table
- Fenced yard
- Fire extinguisher
- First aid kit
- Fitness facilities nearby
- Free WiFi
- Golf nearby
- Hair dryer
- Hypo-allergenic bedding
- If you have requests for specific accessibility needs, please contact the property using the information on the reservation confirmation received after booking.
- In the city center
- Iron/ironing board
- Kayaking nearby
- Living room
- Magnifying mirror
- Marina nearby
- Near a health or beauty spa
- Near a hospital
- Near a zoo
- Near laundromat
- Near outlet shopping
- Near the beach
- No pets allowed
- On the river
- Onsite parking
- Outdoor furniture
- Power boating nearby
- Property does not allow children
- Rainfall showerhead
- Sailing nearby
- Smoke detector
- Smoke-free property
- Spa tub
- Surfing/body boarding nearby
- Toaster oven
- Toilet paper
- Towels provided
- Unit size: 400 sq ft (37 sq m)
- Washing machine and dryer
- Water park
- Water skiing nearby
- Wildlife and game walks nearby
About this Property
- Sleeps 2
- 1 Bedrooms
- 1 Bathrooms
- Approximately 400 square feet
Southern hospitality and appeal awaits you as you book your stay at The Backyard Cottage in West Ashley, 4.1 miles from the Charleston historic district. Lyndsey's Review, "On a scale of 0-5, The Backyard Cottage deserves a 6!! It far exceeded our expectations. Spectacular, convenient, and so clean! I can't wait to come back!" You’ll begin your stay with a designated private parking space which is steps away from the front door of the bungalow. The walkway itself welcomes you with the sounds of nature, stately oaks, ferns, hydrangeas, geraniums, azaleas, and so much more. Adjectives past guests have used to describe the bungalow are clean, cleanest, handsome, modern, new, excellent, pristine, welcoming, sanctuary, peaceful, peaceful, shining clean, bright, airy, convenient location, well planned, comfortable, the list goes on, but you get the jus of it. If you are looking for an extraordinary stay in a exceptional bungalow, close to everything Charleston has to offer, look no further. Not convinced…read our reviews.
Recent guest review...What a outstanding home away from home! Sidney and Margie have a impressive bungalow! It’s modern and new. Margie could double as a home interior designer and Sidney as a top chef baker and master Gardner! We had everything we needed and then some! The place was shining clean and bright and airy. The patio area and backyard getaway were incredible. We adored wine on the private patio multiple nights during our weeklong stay. We arrived to find wine, homemade cookies, and chocolates in the bungalow. We drove and really appreciated the on premise parking space. We drove to many Charleston destinations during our stay but opted to Uber downtown. It was convenient and a little cheaper than paying for downtown parking. You can’t go wrong with The Backyard Cottage! Thank you Sidney and Margie! We’ll be back!
The bungalow is equipped for two (2) adults only. Cleanliness and privacy are our top priorities when we travel, that is what you'll find here at The Backyard Cottage. In our backyard you may find us gardening, working on a project or playing with grandchildren. We spend a lot of time on our back porch which you must walk past to get to the bungalow, however we cannot see your patio from the porch.
Thank for looking! We hope to see you soon!
A one room studio complete with queen size bed. A restful nighttime’s sleep awaits you with room darkening window treatments along with beddings designed by California Design Den, 100% long staple cotton, OEKO-TEX MADE IN GREEN. The throw blanket and bedspread are light, soft, and cozy. Most IMPORTANT, ALL linens, from the bed and pillow protectors to the bedspread are washed and rotated between each guest experience, as are the couch throw and the EasyGoing couch cover, including decorative pillows.
In the dresser you will find playing cards and a puzzle. If you forgot yours, a charger for your iPhone is supplied, please remember to leave it for the next guest.
USB ports for recharging can be found on each side the bed at the electrical outlet.
Wi-fi and a huge screen TCL Roku 50" intelligent TV.
The kitchenette with quartz countertop offers a refrigerator, dishwasher, dish cloths and soap(s), a microwave, a counter top toaster oven. For those who appreciate outdoors, you will find your own private patio. Coffee, tea, and light snacks are included during your stay.
In the restroom you will find a stackable washer/dryer, full length mirror, vanity with cultured granite countertop, a walk-in shower with a rainfall shower head, and the essentials…Turkish towels, soap, shampoo, lotion, iron, mini-iron board, Chi blow dryer and detergent pods. Also supplied are a broom, dustpan, and a swifter with wet pads for those unforeseen accidents.
The gardens are relaxing and peaceful in our backyard and you are invited to savor them at your leisure.
Also in our backyard is our workshop, there may be a project going on or they may simply be a retired gent piddling around and me gardening, or you might see us playing with our grandchildren on the swing set or searching for lizards…we will always be respectful of your stay and privacy.
We have a sizable screened in porch where we spend most of our time, you must walk by it to get to your private space, however we cannot see you, nor you us, from your patio.
The Sleeping Area
• Queen Bed
• Linens designed by California Design Den, 100% long staple cotton,
OEKO-TEX MADE IN GREEN
• Hypoallergenic Pillows
• Double Dresser for those who prefer to unpack
• Bedside charging equipped with two outlet/USB ports
• Backyard Cottage Guest Book "ESCAPE THE Ordinary"
• SPA Robe & Slippers
The Living Area
• Free Wi-Fi
• Backyard Cottage Guest Manual
• 50" TCL ROKU Intelligent TV
• Comfy Couch with covers/pillows/throw (laundered after each guests)
• Quartz Countertop
• Power XL Counter Oven
• Dishcloths/Dish Towels/Soap
• Waste/Recycle Bins
• Coffee Pods(bold, medium)Tea
• Light Snacks/Chilled Water
• 100% Cotton Turkish Towels
• Bergman Kelly bath amenities program
• Substantial Shower/Rainfall Shower Head
• Cultured granite vanity with accessories
• Iron & Mini Iron Board
• Hairdryer & Makeup Mirror
• Full Length Mirror
• Washer/Dryer/Detergent Pods
For Your Enjoyment
• Private Patio
• Two Person Bistro Set
Our City of Charleston Certificate of Operation Number is OP2023-01687.
And remember...at The Backyard Cottage it is not just a stay, it is an EXPERIENCE!
About the Area
Located on a river, this cottage is in West Ashley, a neighborhood in Charleston. Charles Towne Landing State Historic Site and Historic Rice Mill are local landmarks, and travelers looking to shop may want to visit Citadel Mall and Upper King Design District. Charleston Museum and South Carolina Aquarium are also worth visiting. Jet skiing, kayaking, and water skiing offer great chances to get out on the surrounding water, or you can seek out an adventure with cycling nearby.
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy
- Pets not allowed
Tips for getting the best Charleston vacation rental experience:
Finding your best deal:
- Summer is the most expensive season along the coast of SC. To get the best rental within your budget, we strongly suggest booking in Fall or Spring months. You'll benefit from lower rental rates, better selection, beautiful weather and the absence of large crowds at restaurants, beaches, and activities. Speaking of the off-season, don't overlook the holidays for a Charleston area vacation! Who wouldn't love a holiday on the coast? Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Years are great times to gather with family and friends at your favorite beach.
- In the Charleston area area, The sooner you can reserve a vacation home, the easier your search will be. The best properties are booked very early. Booking your vacation rental six - twelve months before your vacation is recommended. Winter holidays are excellent times to search for and reserve your vacation home.
- Veterans and Active Duty Military members may be qualified for special discounts. Be sure to ask your prospective property management company or host whether your vacationing group qualifies for a discount.
- Booking websites typically offer customers an option to buy vacation insurance protection. Trip insurance, which normally will cost you anywhere between 1% - 5% of the stay price, offers visitors reimbursement of costs for missed vacation time as a result of personal medical-related emergencies or weather, as well as ensuing additional hurricane evacuation charges, such as an unanticipated hotel or additional fuel expenses. Trip insurance might be a a bank account-saver if the unforeseen happens. Ask your host for additional information.
- Many property management companies and vacation rental houses supply Charleston area area visitor guides which will include coupons, either offered independently by local businesses, or through a relationship with the property management company and the business itself. You can also find Charleston area visitors guide magazine and coupon books at local grocery stores, shopping centers, and visitor centers.
Planning and choosing yourrental:
- Start by selecting your vacation dates and a budget.
- Determine how many bedrooms and what type of bedroom configuration your group needs. Charleston Cottage! Absolutely stunning! has 1 bedrooms and 1 bathrooms.
- Specific descriptions of bedrooms and bed counts & types is regularly available on booking pages. If not, email the host before booking the home. Remember that most listings specify maximum guest capacity, which frequently includes pull-out couches and bunk beds. You will need to determine what is optimal for your vacation.
- Visiting for a specific attraction or event? If so, use a map search to locate nearby rentals.
- Appropriate accessibility can make or ruin a vacation for those with limited mobility. .
- Do your family pets travel with you? Many vacation homes allow animals, but guidelines and restrictions apply. Allowable pet type, breed, and size are often limited. Remember to ask the property manager before booking, and study your rental agreement! Additional pet fees or charges could be applied to your invoice.
Considerations for your stay:
- Review arrival and departure procedures before leaving home. Add a note with the directions to your phone, and take a printed copy.
- To ensure that damages are not linked to your family's stay, make note of any problem areas when you arrive. Get in touch with the property manager right away to relay your findings. If there is a dispute, having the recorded issues and contact attempts will be very helpful.
- Ask questions. You may need instructions for a garage door opener, elevator or thermostat. Contact your host. They are there to help! A brief text message prevents quite a few problems.
- Be respectful of your neighbors. Often, nearby homes are filled by permanent residents. Respecting late-night noise limits and parking regulations reduces conflict and allows everyone to enjoy their day.
- Speaking of neighbors... Ask a local! Local residents can usually help you find exactly what you're looking for. Who better to ask where to get the best seafood, have a great night on the town, or the best spots for BBQ?
- Lock your vacation home while you are away. Protect the owner's property and your stuff!
- On check-out day, complete a walk-through to confirm you did not forget any personal items. Check garages, decks, and cabinets for hidden treasure. Clean the refrigerator and take any leftovers home.
- Document the condition of the property at check-out. We recommend taking a video during your final walk-through.
- Did you have a fantastic stay? Many rental home management companies make it easy for travelers to provide feedback. If your rental property and/or property management company was wonderful, they always love to hear your praise. If anything was amiss and they failed to address it within reason, or if the vacation rental wasn't as described, you'll want to make a note as part of your review.
- The Citadel - 2.6 miles
- Johnson Hagood Stadium - 2.7 miles
- City Marina - 2.8 miles
- Hampton Park - 2.9 miles
- Brittlebank Park - 2.9 miles
- James Island County Park - 3.2 miles
- William Aiken House - 3.6 miles
- Marion Square - 3.7 miles