- As low as $190/Night
- 1 Bedrooms
- 2 Bathrooms
- Sleeps 2
- 1 bathroom
- Air conditioning
- Barbecue grill
- Bathtub or shower
- Beach towels
- Bed sheets provided
- Birdwatching nearby
- Bodyboard on site
- Car recommended
- Carbon monoxide detector
- Coffee/tea maker
- Dining table
- Ecotours nearby
- Fire extinguisher
- First aid kit
- Fishing nearby
- Free WiFi
- Furnished patio
- Golf nearby
- Hair dryer
- Horse riding nearby
- Ice maker
- If you have requests for specific accessibility needs, please contact the property using the information on the reservation confirmation received after booking.
- In the city center
- Iron/ironing board
- Kayaking nearby
- Living room
- Near a health or beauty spa
- Near outlet shopping
- Near the beach
- Near the sea
- No pets allowed
- Onsite parking
- Power boating nearby
- Property does not allow children
- Smoke detector
- Smoke-free property
- Surfing/body boarding nearby
- Swimming nearby
- Toilet paper
- Towels provided
- TV with cable/satellite service
- Washing machine and dryer
- Wheelchair accessible
About this Property
- Sleeps 2
- 1 Bedrooms
- 2 Bathrooms
- Private vacation home
- Approximately 700 square feet
Striking bungalow surrounded by alluring landscaping. Just a 10 min. drive to the beach and roughly 15 mins. to downtown Charleston. You will appreciate spending time in this 1 bedroom, 1 bath bungalow right in the center of James Island. From the time you pull in the driveway, you will notice the attention to detail. Pack your bags for a trip to Charleston! The property is entirely equipped with a full kitchen, washer/dryer, sheets, towels. In addition, there is toilet paper and paper towels. While staying at this property, you will savor the screened in patio with a dining table for 4. There are also two comfortable chairs for sipping your morning coffee on the porch. When you feel like going to the beach, don’t bother packing your beach chair as there are 2 chairs along with body boards and beach towels. When you come home from the beach, you may even want to use the outdoor shower! Very private shower and the back of the home. In the evenings, whether you want to go out or stay in, there are tons of eateries close by. However, when you feel like staying in, there is a grille at the property and a ideal area outside great for cooking out and appreciating the exterior features of this home.
There is even a fire pit right by the outdoor seating area guests are welcome to use. Whether you are coming for a long calming weekend or even a business trip, this home has it all! Take advantage of the County Park pass this home provides. The local park is only a couple miles away and has plenty to do! Great walking paths, bicycle units, paddleboard and kayak units too! This pass also accepts you into the other local parks Charleston has to offer. What more can you ask for!
About the Area
Located in Charleston, this vacation home is in the city center and near the beach. Historic Rice Mill and American Theater are local landmarks, and the area's natural beauty can be seen at Fort Sumter and Fort Moultrie National Historical Park and James Island County Park. Charleston Museum and South Carolina Aquarium are also worth visiting. Kayaking and motor boating offer great chances to get out on the surrounding water, or you can seek out an adventure with horse riding and ecotours nearby.
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy
Know Before you Go
A car is recommended for transportation to and from this property
- Pets not allowed
Tricks and tips to get the best vacation property experience:
Finding your best deal:
- Reserve your rental as soon as possible. Rental schedules often become available twelve months in advance (or in September just after Summertime ends). Many families book their Summer rental homes during holiday gatherings. Reserve before these holidays for best selection.
- Booking in Fall or Spring is an excellent way to save money on your vacation. Rates are lower, and you'll find a larger selection of acceptable properties. Speaking of the off-season, don't overlook Winter holidays for a Charleston area vacation! Who wouldn't love a holiday vacation on the coast? Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Years are great times to gather with loved ones at your favorite beach.
- Veterans and Active Duty Military members may be qualified for special discounts. Be sure to ask your prospective property management company or host whether your group qualifies for a reduced rate.
- Booking websites typically offer customers an option to obtain trip insurance protection. Trip insurance, which costs 1% - 5% of the booking price, offers visitors reimbursement of costs for days missed as a result of medical-related emergencies or weather, as well as ensuing additional evacuation costs or charges, such as an unexpected hotel overnight or additional gas expenses. Trip insurance might be a a life-saver if the unforeseen happens. Ask your host for details.
- Often, property management companies supply Charleston area area visitor guide magazines which often include money-saving offers, either offered independently by local companies, or by way of a partnership between the property management company and the business itself. You can also find Charleston area visitors guide and coupon books at local gas stations and shopping centers.
Planning and picking yourrental:
- Select a group leader, select your trip dates, and select a maximum budget.
- Note the number beds and what type of bedroom configuration your family needs. Adorable Bungalow on James Island! Park pass included! has 1 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms.
- Specific descriptions of bedrooms and bed counts & types is commonly available on booking websites. Otherwise, email or call the property management company before booking the rental. Note that most listings specify the max. guest capacity, which usually includes pull-out couches and bunk beds. You will need to establish what configuration is right for your family.
- Are you bringing the family pet? Many vacation homes allow animals, but guidelines and restrictions apply. Type of pet, size and breeds may be limited. Make sure to ask before booking, and study your agreement! Pet fees or costs applied to your contract.
- If there's a specific Charleston area destination you simply love, look for properties that are either nearby, or those that cater to your needs.
- Suitable accessibility can make or ruin a vacation for persons with a disability. Confirm all necessary amenities are available before reserving a rental.
Advice for a wonderful stay:
- Put the owner's information in your smartphone.
- Hosts are available to help! Feel free to ask questions before, during, or after your stay.
- Keep your rental home locked while you're out! Don't let crooks spoil your vacation.
- During arrival, make note of any issues with the property and immediately contact the owner. Keep records of all coorespondence.
- Be a good neighbor! You wouldn't like troublesome visitors bothering your peaceful home. Practice the golden rule for best judgement. Happy residents may even recommend great restaurants and attractions you would have not otherwise known about!
- Don't forget to... Ask a local! Local residents can usually point you in the right direction. Who better to ask where to launch your kayaks, have a great night out, or the best spots for BBQ?
- Don't leave anything behind! Before you drive away, walk through the property to confirm you've collected everything. Re-check dressers, closets, and bathrooms for hidden treasure. Clean out the refrigerator and take any leftovers home.
- Record a video to document the condition of the property.
- Remember to leave feedback! Property owners rely on excellent ratings to stimulate new reservations. They'll be thankful for your review. Alternatively, if something went awry, other vacationing families will be thankful you shared your experience find their best rental home. Be fair with your review. If something fell short of expectations, consider whether the owner had any control over the issue, and if so, whether they responded expeditiously to solve it.
- James Island County Park - 1.1 miles
- White Point Garden - 3.4 miles
- Miles Brewton House - 3.5 miles
- City Marina - 3.5 miles
- Brittlebank Park - 3.5 miles
- Nathaniel Russell House - 3.6 miles
- St. John the Baptist Church - 3.7 miles
- Washington Square - 3.8 miles