- As low as $231/Night
- 2 Bedrooms
- 1 Bathrooms
- Sleeps 6
- 1 bathroom
- 2 bedrooms
- Air conditioning
- Bed sheets provided
- Carbon monoxide detector
- Coffee/tea maker
- Deadbolt lock
- Dining room
- Fire extinguisher
- First aid kit
- Hair dryer
- In the city center
- Internet access
- Iron/ironing board
- Living room
- Near a hospital
- Near coin laundry
- Near outlet shopping
- No pets allowed
- Note from host: Smoking is not permitted anywhere on the premises.
- Onsite parking
- Smoke detector
- Smoke-free property
- Sofa bed
- Towels provided
- Unit size: 1500 sq ft (139 sq m)
- Washing machine and dryer
About this Property
- Sleeps 6
- 2 Bedrooms
- 1 Bathrooms
- Approximately 1500 square feet
243 Rutledge B
Our calendar is refreshed in real-time & our nightly prices are accurately displayed. Simply enter your desired dates and click 'Book Now!'
Ideal for a family escapade to one of the most historic and striking cities in the south, 243 Rutledge B is the ideal mix of convenience, comfort and an unbeatable location. Inside, the homey décor will greet you as soon as you step inside. It'll surely make you feel right at home even though you're about to experience the vacation of a lifetime. Boasting a completely-equipped kitchen with all the appliances you could need to prepare everything from a full-course meal to a fast snack on the go and a washer/dryer on-site, this home away from home is sure to provide your friends and family with the best lodging experience.
What's close by:
This hideaway is conveniently located in Charleston's Historic Cannonborough-Elliottborough neighborhood, a safe neighborhood where guests can walk around at any time of the day without any concerns. There are a lot of students in the area as the apartment is close to the Medical University of South Carolina. Even though you have a entirely equipped kitchen at home, being surrounded by exceptional dining options is a clear temptation and there's no one to blame! Treat your guests and yourself to a mouth-watering meal at any of the close by eateries like Cannon Green, Xiao Bao Biscuit, Fuel, The Grocery, Warehouse, Leon's, Little Jack's Tavern, Pancito and Lefty, or Five Loaves Cafe. A must-visit while in Charleston is The Battery, a jaw-dropping promenade that is the ideal spot for a calming walk and gives you the opportunity to admire impressive homes and Southern-style mansions. One-and-a-half miles away is the Historic Charleston City Market, the ideal place to experience famed southern appeal. There you can buy local foods, toys, souvenirs, clothes, leather goods, and so much more.
Things to know:
This getaway is located on the upper level of the home (climbing stairs is required)
Please note that cable is not available, but Sling TV is included
The washer/dryer is shared with the downstairs tenants
Full kitchen with a dishwasher
Two twin-size sofabeds provide additional sleeping space
Parking notes: There is complimentary parking for 2 cars.
This rental is located on floor 2.
Damage waiver: The total cost of your reservation for this Property includes a nightly damage waiver fee, plus tax if applicable (the “Damage Waiver”). (A discount may be applied for stays of 28 nights or longer, if allowed.) The Damage Waiver covers you for up to $3,000 of accidental damage to the Property or its contents (such as furnishings, fixtures, and appliances) as long as you report the incident to the host prior to checking out. The Damage Waiver fee eliminates the need for a traditional security deposit.
More information can be downloaded from the "Rental Agreement" on the checkout page.
Due to local laws or HOA requirements, guests must be at least 21 years of age to book. Guests under 21 must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian for the duration of the reservation.
City/town permit number: BL013224-12-2018
City/town permit number: OP2020-01480
About the Area
Located in Charleston, this condo is in the city center. American Theater and Charleston Music Hall are local landmarks, and travelers looking to shop may want to visit Upper King Design District and Shops at Charleston Place. Looking to enjoy an event or a game while in town? See what's happening at Joseph P. Riley, Jr. Park or TD Arena. Spend some time exploring the area's activities, including outlet shopping.
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy
- Pets not allowed
Tips and Tricks to get the perfect rental experience:
Find your perfect rental home:
- Book your rental as early as possible. Rental schedules often become available twelve months in advance (or in September just after Summer ends). Many groups book their Summer vacation rentals during Winter holiday gatherings. Book before these holidays for best selection.
- Summer time is high season in the Charleston area area. Book your Charleston area rental home in Spring or Fall to get the benefit of warm weather while saving money and avoiding crowded roads, restaurants, and activities. Many vacationers use this strategy to find larger homes within budget, or to reserve a beach front vacation rental that would otherwise be unavailable or unaffordable during the Summer months. Speaking of the off-season, don't overlook the holidays for a Charleston area vacation! Who wouldn't love a holiday near the ocean? Thanksgiving and Christmas are great times to gather with family and friends at your favorite beach.
- Some hosts and property managers offer rate reductions for veterans. Check with your property manager to see if special offers are available for your group.
- Booking websites typically offer guests an option to purchase vacation insurance. Trip insurance, which generally will cost you 1% - 5% of the base stay price, offers visitors reimbursement of costs for any missed time as a result of medical-related catastrophes or weather disasters, as well as evacuation charges, such as an unexpected hotel overnight or extra gasoline expenses. Trip insurance is definitely a life-saver if the unforeseen occurs. Ask your property manager for more information.
- Often, property management companies and vacation rental houses supply Charleston area area visitors guide magazines which include money-saving offers, either offered directly by local businesses, or by way of a relationship between the rental management company and the business itself. You can also find Charleston area visitors guide and coupon books at local shops and grocery stores.
Make a plan and choose the perfect Charleston area vacation home:
- First, have your group select dates and a budget.
- Decide how many bedrooms and what type of bedroom configuration your family needs. Historic Upstairs Condo in Downtown Charleston w/Free WiFi - Perfect for Groups has 2 bedrooms and 1 bathrooms. If you need a larger or smaller rental, use our Charleston area rentals search.
- Specific information about bedrooms and bed types is often accessible online. If they are not listed, reach out to the property manager before you reserve the vacation property. Note that most properties list the maximum guest capacity, which oftentimes includes sofa beds in living rooms.
- Are you traveling with furry, four-legged family members? Although a number of vacation homes allow pets or animals, guidelines and costs vary per property. Type of pet, size and breeds may be limited. Ask your property manager before booking, and study your agreement! Pet fees or might be applied to your agreement.
- Looking for specific amenities? Most rental websites include amenity lists and search filters.
- Suitable accessibility can make or break a vacation for guests that require the use of a wheelchair. Confirm all required amenities are available before booking.
More tips for your stay:
- Store the owner's contact information in your smartphone.
- Property managers are great sources of help! Feel free to ask questions during your stay.
- Lock your rental property while you're gone! Don't let thieves ruin your vacation.
- Make a record of any damages to the rental at check in, and immediately send them to the host. We specifically recommend texts and e-mails, as they usually contain time stamps that can be beneficial if a dispute arises.
- Be a good neighbor! You wouldn't like disrespectful visitors disrupting your peaceful neighborhood. Use the golden rule for common sense. If they like you, locals might even recommend great restaurants and attractions you would have never otherwise known about!
- Don't forget to... Ask a local resident! Local residents can typically help. Who better to ask where to launch your kayaks, have a great night on the town, or the best spots for fishing?
- Double-check the vacation property to make sure that you've packed all of your family's items at departure. Re-check bathrooms, dressers, and closets for hidden treasure. Clean the refrigerator and take or dispose of leftovers.
- Record a video to document the condition of the property.
- Did your family have a terrific stay? Most rental home management companies make it easy for vacationers to provide comments. If your rental property and/or property manager was wonderful, they would love to hear it. If anything was out of order and they failed to correct it within reason, or if the vacation rental wasn't as described, you'll want to make a note as part of your feedback.
- Johnson Hagood Stadium - 0.5 miles
- William Aiken House - 0.6 miles
- Charleston Museum - 0.7 miles
- Joseph Manigault House - 0.7 miles
- Hampton Park - 0.7 miles
- The Citadel - 0.8 miles
- Marion Square - 0.8 miles
- City Marina - 0.8 miles