- As low as $80/Night
- 2 Bedrooms
- 2 Bathrooms
- Sleeps 6
- 2 bathrooms
- 2 bedrooms
- Air conditioning
- Bed sheets provided
- Carbon monoxide detector
- Coffee/tea maker
- Deadbolt lock
- Fire extinguisher
- Hair dryer
- Ice maker
- In the city center
- Internet access
- Iron/ironing board
- Near a hospital
- Near coin laundry
- Near outlet shopping
- No pets allowed
- Note from host: Smoking is not permitted anywhere on the premises.
- Sleeps 6
- Smoke detector
- Smoke-free property
- Sofa bed
- Towels provided
- TV with cable/satellite service
- Unit size: 800 sq ft (74 sq m)
- Washing machine and dryer
About this Property
- Sleeps 6
- 2 Bedrooms
- 2 Bathrooms
- Private vacation home
- Approximately 800 SQUARE_FEET
- Non-smoking property
- Pets welcome (restrictions apply)
- No children allowed
493 King Folly
Our calendar is refreshed in real-time & our nightly prices are accurately displayed. Simply enter your desired dates and click 'Book Now!'
Right on King Street, this suite is ideal for a family getaway or an memorable trip with your closest friends to the historical and striking city of Charleston. This two-bedroom, two-bathroom getaway has it all. Featuring handsome wood floors, a completely-equipped kitchen with stainless steel appliances and all the cooking essentials to channel your inner chef, and an inviting living space with plenty of light, 493 King Folly will surely make you feel like royalty! The living room is comfortable and sizable enough for your whole group to hang out or you can pull down the shades and relax and watch the flat screen TV with expanded cable channels. Having a washer/dryer on site is one of the greatest perks (besides location) this getaway offers. Nothing beats washing your clothes at home without going through the hassle of looking for a close by laundromat.
What's close by:
The location of this homey getaway is one of the best and most charming areas of Downtown Charleston to stay. Fine dining, fast food, hole-in-the-wall eateries, and coffee stores are on every corner; you won't have to walk very far to find something delicious to munch on. Museums and historical landmarks are everywhere as well in downtown Charleston, but the Historic Charleston City Market is what really draws tourists. It's the ideal place to experience the southern appeal and buy souvenirs for your friends at home. The Battery, a must-visit in town, is a jaw-dropping promenade ideal for strolls to see handsome homes and Southern-style mansions.
Things to know:
Parking notes: Parking Passes $20/day + tax - Must be purchased prior to arrival.
This rental is located on floor 2.
Security camera details: There are security cameras installed to monitor the outside door and the hallway. They do not have sound and are always on.
Damage waiver: The total cost of your reservation for this Property includes a nightly damage waiver fee, plus tax if applicable (the “Damage Waiver”). (A discount may be applied for stays of 28 nights or longer, if allowed.) The Damage Waiver covers you for up to $3,000 of accidental damage to the Property or its contents (such as furnishings, fixtures, and appliances) as long as you report the incident to the host prior to checking out. The Damage Waiver fee eliminates the need for a traditional security deposit.
More information can be downloaded from the "Rental Agreement" on the checkout page.
City/town permit number: BL004141-07-2016
About the Area
Located in Charleston, this vacation home is in the city center. Port of Charleston Cruise Terminal and Harborage at Ashley Marina are worth checking out if an activity is on the agenda, while those wishing to experience the area's natural beauty can explore Fort Sumter and Fort Moultrie National Historical Park and Marion Square. Looking to enjoy an event or a game while in town? See what's happening at TD Arena or Joseph P. Riley, Jr. Park. Spend some time exploring the area's activities, including outlet shopping.
Be prepared: check the latest COVID-19 travel requirements and measures in place for this destination before you travel.
- Pets not allowed
Tips and Tricks for getting the best Charleston vacation rental experience:
Get the most from your rental home budget:
- Summertime is the most expensive season along the coast of SC. Reserve your rental in the Fall or Spring shoulder seasons to enjoy warm weather while saving money and avoiding crowds. Many vacationers use this method to reserve larger homes, or to reserve an oceanfront vacation rental that would otherwise be unavailable or unaffordable during the Summer. Speaking of the off-season, don't overlook the holidays for a Charleston area vacation! Who wouldn't love a holiday vacation near the ocean? Christmas, Thanksgiving, and New Years Eve are great times to gather with friends and family at the beach.
- In the Charleston area area, The sooner your group can reserve a home, the better your selection will be. The most desirable rental homes are booked early. Reserving your vacation home six to twelve months before your vacation dates is recommended. Christmas, Thanksgiving and New Years Eve are excellent times to plan and reserve your rental home.
- Veterans and Active Duty Military members may qualify for special discounts. Be sure to ask your prospective property manager or host if your group qualifies for a price reduction or discount.
- Property management companies usually offer guests an option to buy vacation insurance. Trip insurance, which commonly will cost between 1% - 5% of the base reservation price, offers visitors reimbursement of costs for any missed days as a result of medical-related catastrophes or weather disasters, as well as ensuing additional evacuation costs or charges, such as an unanticipated hotel overnight or extra gasoline expenses. Trip insurance can be a a welcome relief if the unforeseen happens. Ask your host for program terms and fees.
- Look for your local visitors guide when you check-in. If your rental doesn't have one, you can find them at local shops and visitor centers. In addition to great local articles, visitor guides have deals for nearby shops and restaurants.
Selecting and booking your prefectrental home:
- Select a group lead, choose your trip dates, and select a budget.
- Determine how many beds and the bed configuration your group requires. Well-Equipped Suite w/ Central AC, Private Washer/Dryer, Free WiFi, & More has 2 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms. If you need a larger or smaller rental, use our Charleston area rentals search.
- Specific details about bedrooms and bed counts & types is usually available online. If you don't see them listed, contact the host before you reserve the home. Note that most listings specify the max. guest capacity, which often includes sofa beds and bunks. You'll need to determine what is best for your vacation.
- If there's a particular Charleston area destination you simply love, browse rentals that are either close by, or those that cater to your needs.
- Appropriate accessibility amenities can make or ruin a vacation for persons with disabilities. Confirm all necessary amenities are available before reserving a rental
- Are you bringing the family pet? Many vacation homes allow animals, but guidelines and restrictions apply. Allowable pet type, breed, and size are often limited. Ask your host before booking, and study your agreement! Additional fees or charges may be applied to your agreement.
Advice for a wonderful stay:
- Add the host's contact information to your smartphone. Understand and take a copy of check in/check out procedures.
- Note any issues with the property upon arrival, and immediately contact the host. We specifically recommend e-mails and text messages, as they usually contain built-in time stamps that are very helpful if damages are attributed to your stay.
- Property managers are great sources of help! Feel free to ask questions during your stay.
- Respecting late-night quiet hours and parking rules can make a stay significantly more pleasurable. Be a good neighbor. You will increase your chance to make some new local friends, and resident neighbors are a terrific resource to find the best local spots.
- Don't forget to... Ask a local! Residents can frequently help you find exactly what you're looking for. Who better to ask where to find the best seashells, have a great night out, or the best spots for BBQ?
- Keep your rental home locked while you're gone! Don't let crooks spoil your trip.
- Double-check every room of the property to confirm that you've packed all belongings at departure. Check bathrooms, dressers, and closets for hidden belongings. Remove everything from the refrigerator and take any leftovers home.
- Inspect the rental one final time and keep an eye out for any damage. We suggest walking through with the property manager whenever you can. If the property manager is not available, remember to take video of the property to record its condition at check-out.
- Did your group have a wonderful time? Many vacation rental websites make it easy for clients to provide feedback. If your rental property and/or property manager was great, they will likely appreciate your kind words. If anything was imperfect and they failed to address it reasonably, or if the vacation rental wasn't described correctly, you'll want to make it a point as part of your review.
- William Aiken House - 0.1 miles
- Charleston Museum - 0.2 miles
- Joseph Manigault House - 0.2 miles
- Marion Square - 0.3 miles
- Kahal Kadosh Beth Elohim - 0.6 miles
- Fort Sumter - 0.8 miles
- City Market - 0.8 miles
- South Carolina Aquarium Charleston - 0.8 miles