- As low as $356/Night
- 3 Bedrooms
- 2 Bathrooms
- Sleeps 6
- DVD player
- 2 bathrooms
- 3 bedrooms
- Air conditioning
- Barbecue grill
- Bed sheets provided
- Carbon monoxide detector
- Coffee/tea maker
- Dining room
- Fire extinguisher
- First aid kit
- Hair dryer
- Heated pool
- Iron/ironing board
- Jetted bathtub
- No pets allowed
- Onsite parking
- Smoke detector
- Smoke-free property
- Sofa bed
- Spa tub
- Towels provided
- Unit size: 1600 sq ft (149 sq m)
- Washing machine and dryer
- WiFi available
About this Property
- Sleeps 6
- 3 Bedrooms
- 2 Bathrooms
- Private vacation home
- Approximately 1600 square feet
Private No Smokers/Smoking bungalow/ranch w/marsh vistas, pool/spa; near water way and boat launch, kids park, movie theater, eateries and music venue short walk away. Streets lined with aging oaks. Conveniently located, 7 mins. to downtown Charleston and Folly Beach. No event use.
Our home is a widespread ranch with French doors across the front giving a great view of the marsh. The home is gorgeously furnished. If you stay there with another family or couple(s) you can still have your privacy. It has impressive vistas and is sunny and bright. We have added a heated(when weather accommodates) swimming pool and spa. You can sit on the porch and see the egrets in the marsh or relax on one of the two outdoor patios. We have an outdoor patio set and grille(additional fee if you don't clean). We are not within walking distance to Charleston itself, if that is what you are looking for, please don't choose our location. We are in walking distance of tons of other things.
The home is completely modernized with modern bathrooms/comfortable beds. We have an "on demand" hot water tank, convenient when everybody is getting ready at the same time! We just replaced the washer and dryer. The kitchen is well appointed for cooking. There are four TV's, a blue ray player and surround sound that you can sync your IPhone to for your own personal stereo system.
We are not on site, but there is a co-owner (our daughter) in the modest home next door who can answer questions and help with any problems. She also shares the pool and spa (when you are not using it) as she helps clean and maintain it. You can reach us primarily by messaging through the site, cell phone for emergencies/urgent matters.
We are in Riverland Terrace which is a magnificent neighborhood - away from it all, but close to everything! It is a handsome area to walk, run, and relax! There is a movie theater, stores and eateries within walking distance and you can effortlessly access beaches and the downtown area within 10-15 mins. by car. Other attractions are just a little farther away.
There is public transit on Maybank Highway and you can access the cabs and public transportation. Lyft and Uber are only a message away! We are within walking distance of some eateries and a music venue- we are not within walking distance of the beach or downtown Charleston.
Charleston has many things to do for everybody. You can conveniently reach the downtown area as well as the beaches and many of the local sights. There is always something going on in Charleston! This is a No Smoking home, but we do have a gas log fireplace, so if your are extremely sensitive to smoke, this may not be the place for you.
**We do our best to maintain the pool and spa, but we are not responsible for mechanical failures that are beyond our control that may leave them inoperable***
We recommend that you purchase Travel Insurance, as weather and travel can be unpredictable and we have a non-returnable policy. This is for your benefit and protection.
About the Area
This vacation home is located in Charleston. Charleston Museum and South Carolina Aquarium are local attractions and those in the mood for shopping can visit Upper King Design District and Shops at Charleston Place. Fort Lamar Historic Preserve and Mount Pleasant Memorial Waterfront Park are also worth visiting.
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy
- Pets not allowed
Tips to get the perfect Charleston area rental home experience:
Getting the most from your rental budget:
- Summer months are high season in Charleston. To get the best value, shift your group's vacation to the Spring or Fall months. May, September, and October offer warmer weather, , and reduced traffic. Many vacationers use this strategy to find larger homes within budget, or to reserve a beach front vacation rental that would otherwise be unavailable or unaffordable during the high season. Speaking of the off-season, don't overlook Winter holidays for a Charleston area vacation! Who wouldn't love a holiday vacation on the coast? Christmas, Thanksgiving, and New Years Eve are great times to gather with family and friends at your favorite beach.
- Book your vacation rental as soon as possible. Rental schedules often become available twelve months in advance (or in September just after Summertime ends). Many groups book their Summer vacation rentals during Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Years Eve gatherings. Book before these holidays for best selection.
- Some owners offer discounts or promotional rates for veterans and active duty military. Make sure to check with your property manager to see if special discounts are available for your group.
- Property managers typically offer renters an option to buy trip insurance. Trip insurance, which costs between 1% - 5% of the reservation price, offers visitors reimbursement of their vacation costs for any missed vacation time as a result of medical-related issues or weather disasters, as well as evacuation charges, such as an unanticipated hotel overnight or extra gas expenses. Trip insurance can be a a life-saver if the unforeseen occurs. Ask your property manager for specifics.
- Find a copy of your local Charleston area visitors guide magazine upon checking in. If your rental doesn't have a copy, you can find them at local shops and fuel stations. In addition to great articles, visitor guide magazines have coupons for local shops and restaurants.
Make a plan and choose the bestvacation home:
- First and foremost, have your family agree to dates and a max budget.
- Determine how many beds and the configuration your family requires. Charleston, SC Riverland Terrace Pool and Spa has 3 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms.
- Precise descriptions of bedrooms and bed sizes & counts is commonly accessible on booking pages. If they are not listed, call the property manager before reserving your rental. Remember that most properties list the max. guest capacity, which usually includes pull-out couches and bunk beds. You'll need to determine what is best for your family.
- Visiting for a single event? If so, use a map search to browse nearby properties.
- Suitable accessibility amenities can make or break a vacation for the less-mobile. Confirm all necessary amenities are available and included before booking.
- Some properties allow pets, and others do not. Allowable types of family pet, size and breeds may be restricted, and added costs may apply. Ask the property management company about your furry family members before booking.
Advice for a terrific stay:
- Be sure you get the host's phone number and entry/exit procedures for your rental.
- To ensure that damages aren't attributed to your family's visit, inspect for any problem areas when you arrive. text the property manager immediately to document any pre-existing damages. If there is a dispute, having the recorded concerns and contact attempts will be very helpful.
- Property managers are there to help! Don't be shy to ask any questions before, during, or after your stay.
- Be a good neighbor! You wouldn't like unpleasant visitors bothering your life at home. Employ the golden rule for best judgement. Happy residents may even recommend great local food and attractions you would've never otherwise known about!
- Speaking of neighbors... Ask a local! Locals can typically help you find the best spots in town. Who better to ask where to grab the best tacos, have a great night on the town, or the best spots for shopping?
- Lock your rental property while you are away! Don't let thieves spoil your family vacation.
- At departure, take a final walk-through to confirm you have not forget anything. Remember to check closets, dressers, garages, and bathrooms for hidden treasure. Clean out the refrigerator and take any leftovers home.
- Walk through the rental one final time and keep an eye out for any damage. We advise inspecting the property with the host whenever you can (often this isn't possible). If the property manager isn't available, ensure that you take photographs of the property to record its condition at check-out.
- After your trip, leave feedback! Property managers rely on good reviews to propel new bookings. They'll be thankful for your feedback. Alternatively, if something went wrong, other vacationers will will be grateful for your experience and help them have the best future vacation. Please be objective. If something fell short of expectations, consider whether the host could control the issue, and if so, whether they responded reasonably to fix it.
- James Island County Park - 1.9 miles
- City Marina - 2.7 miles
- Brittlebank Park - 2.8 miles
- Johnson Hagood Stadium - 3.0 miles
- The Citadel - 3.1 miles
- Hampton Park - 3.3 miles
- St. John the Baptist Church - 3.5 miles
- Miles Brewton House - 3.5 miles