- As low as $301/Week
- 1 Bedrooms
- 1 Bathrooms
- 1 bathroom
- 1 bedroom
- Air conditioning
- Available in all rooms: WiFi
- Available in some public areas: Internet access
- Barbecue grill
- BBQ grill(s)
- Bed sheets provided
- Bicycle on site
- Birdwatching nearby
- Boat on site
- Breakfast available for a fee
- Breakfast available for a fee
- Car recommended
- Carbon monoxide detector
- Coffee/tea maker
- Concierge services
- Concierge services
- Ecotours nearby
- Fire extinguisher
- Fishing nearby
- Fitness center access
- Fitness facilities nearby
- Golf privileges
- Golf privileges (optional)
- Golfing on site
- Hair dryer
- Health/beauty spa
- Hiking/biking trails
- Hiking/biking trails nearby
- Horse riding
- Horse riding nearby
- Housekeeping (on request)
- Housekeeping (on request)
- Iron/ironing board
- Jet skiing
- Kayak on site
- Motor boating
- Near a health or beauty spa
- Near a hospital
- Near laundromat
- Near outlet shopping
- No pets allowed
- Outlet shopping
- Sailing nearby
- Scuba diving
- Scuba diving nearby
- Sleeps 4
- Smoke detector
- Smoke-free property
- Smoke-free property
- Surfing/boogie boarding
- Tennis on site
- Towels provided
- TV with cable/satellite service
- Unit size: 492 sq ft (46 sq m)
- Washing machine and dryer
- Water park
- Water park access
- Water skiing
- Water skiing nearby
- Water sports equipment
- Water sports equipment
- WiFi available
- Wildlife and game walks
- Wildlife and game walks nearby
- Winery tours
About this Property*** Sanitation/Cleaning Update ***
Bluegreen Resorts take great pride in meeting industry standards of cleanliness and safety in our resorts. They take great pride in meeting industry standards of cleanliness and safety at our resorts and continue to follow the CDC’s guidelines for sanitation and education.
SHARE YOUR MOMENTS WITH US!
Spend your vacations here at The Lodge Alley Inn found in the heart of old Charleston, where layers of history await your arrival! This resort is rich in European heritage and Victorian-styled suites that makes you feel as if you've stepped into the 18th century, sizable and utterly majestic!
Approximately 492-974 square feet, this majestic One- Bedroom features 1 Queen Bed in the master bedroom, 1 Couch Bed including a mini refrigerator, microwave, and coffee pot only, bathroom and laundry located in the common area. min. of 4 occupants.
Additional amenities include: cable T.V., coffee maker, microwave, and mini refrigerator.
All our luxury resorts use a system called Allocate Upon Arrival which means the actual suite you will be assigned to is given upon check-in. These photos are a combination of all the different suites on site. If you have a floor, unit or building number that you would like to stay in, please do not hesitate to ask. The full-time on-site reservation check-in staff is happy to do their best to accommodate your request. Please note since we do not place you in an exact unit and this is done by the front desk staff, we cannot guarantee the requests, but will do our best to make sure they are accommodated. If your reservation is more than 4 nights you may be assigned to a new suite for housekeeping purposes. Keeping our suites up to luxury standard is our top priority.
The person checking in must be 21 years of age (or older). With this notion, please prepare a VALID ID and credit card in your name. A $100 Pre-Authorization from any major credit card upon checking in is required. Cash is not accepted. After purchase you will receive an e-mail confirmation showing your name on the reservation as the guest checking in within 14 days of check in date. Please bring a valid form of Picture ID. However, if you would like to change the name of the person checking in after you have supplied this information, there will be a $99.00 name change fee. Any damages will be charge upon check-out.
Resort check- in time is 4 p.m. ET, and check-out time is 10 a.m. ET. The nearest airport to The Lodge Alley Inn is Charleston International (CHS) which is 13 miles by car respectively.
Please note by purchasing this listing we cannot guarantee that there will be an 'Upgrade' to your unit due to the historic nature of the buildings, floor plans and exact sizes will vary among rooms and suites. While The Lodge Alley Inn does not offer daily maid service, complimentary towel exchange is available for guests staying less than 7 days. For guests staying 7 days or more, a complimentary mid-week cleaning service is included.
Hence, if you have any concerns, our office are open 24 hours to respond to your requests. For here at The Lodge Alley Inn we ensure that your stay is comfortable and well-served to your satisfaction.
*** Parking Policy ***
Valet Parking (Off-site): Cost: $26 per nighttime for Bluegreen Owners; $35 per nighttime for Non-Bluegreen Owners. Self-Parking: City public parking garage located at 1 Cumberland St. for $2/hour, max $18/day (no moving) or metered street parking. For more information including handicap parking information, please click here.
*** Pet Policy ***
No family pets allowed. Subject to $300 fine. However, pets are allowed in RV parks only.
*** Smoking Policy ***
No smoking inside, including electronic cigarettes. Subject to $300 fine, unless if it's in a designated area.
*** Construction ***
Lodge Alley Inn will be undergoing an interior remodel on all studio units, four two bedroom townhomes, and three courtyard 1br lofts. The courtyard 1br loft renovation will also include removal of spiral staircases and construction of new. Renovation will start roughly 1/2/2022 and end roughly 3/20/2022.
*** Other notes ***
Two-story (loft) units typically have spiral staircases, and other unit types also have staircases. We cannot guarantee unit placement. Due to the historic nature of the buildings, floor plans and exact sizes will vary among rooms and suites. While The Lodge Alley Inn does not offer daily maid service, complimentary towel exchange is available for guests staying less than 7 days. For guests staying 7 days or more, a complimentary mid-week cleaning service is supplied. The Lodge Alley Inn is located in the heart of Downtown Charleston. Due to the urban location of the resort, guests may expect to hear city or street noise from guest rooms. The resort has white noise machines, ear plugs, and box fans available on request to help ease city, street and traffic noise.
- Search for the official tourism bureau where you want to travel. Most tourism bureaus supply guides with special deals for lodging, restaurants and activities. Be on the lookout for these books and coupon books, since this allows vacation goers to discover those fantastic attractions at a frequently substantial discounted.
- Prefer to stay away from crowds of people and cut costs? Off-season rates are usually a fraction of maximum prices.
- Active Duty and veterans of the US Armed forces may be qualified for discounted rates. Make sure to ask vacation rental company to see if your visiting gang qualifies for a discounted rate.
- Some homes are particularly designed for particular groups of vacationers. Event homes are perfect for weddings, wedding receptions and corporate retreats. Some homes appeal to beach bums. Other homes are situated close to night life. Make sure to prioritize your proximity to the outdoor activities and places of interest you are most interested in.
- Think about obtaining trip insurance with your lease agreement. Trip insurance, which generally costs somewhere between 1% - 5% of the base term price, provides buyers reimbursement of their travel costs for any missed a result of health emergencies or hurricanes, as well as ensuing extra hurricane evacuation costs or expenses, like an unexpected hotel room stay or additional gasoline.
The Rental Process
Some people are shocked to learn the number of properties are located in Charleston area. Rental homes are gaining in popularity among vacationers, and visitors will find that the sheer number of rental homes available makes it possible to find an ideal getaway to suit their Charleston area group, from quiet condos to vast event homes with several bedrooms.
The majority of rentals in Charleston area are privately operated and many are represented by experienced local property management agencies. Vacation home management companies leverage scale, staff and expertise to provide trouble-free operational management on behalf of the homeowner..
Seasoned Charleston area vacationers have figured out several tips and tricks throughout the years when it comes to renting vacation rentals, however most novices will be delighted to find that many of these "strategies" are in plain sight, if you recognize how to search.
Where to find and reserve a great vacation home:
Before you decide to book "The Lodge Alley Inn, Huge 1 Bedroom", examine our short list of factors to consider.
Start Your Search Early
Charleston area vacation rentals start booking early. To get the best selection, begin your planning and search 6-Twelve months before your vacation. Christmas, Thanksgiving and New Years are excellent times to find and book your vacation rental..
Select your Town and Travel Week
Consensus can be complicated between family, but once this tricky part is complete everything will start to drop in place.
Selecting an Properly-Sized Rental home
Establish who is traveling, and how many/what particular bedroom configuration you will need. Be aware that a lot of rentals list maximum guest capacity, which usually includes sofa beds in the living room space. You will need to determine what is acceptable for the family. Generally rental listings will summarize each of the unit's specific bedrooms and mattress sizes.
What Exactly Are You Prepared to Shell out?
The majority of rentals are presented with a price range. Confirm the rate for your chosen week. It may be at the high end of the range. If a few groups or relatives are sharing the cost, ensure everyone understands their obligation and has approved a maximum they are prepared to pay. Most of the time, one person in the group will be responsible for making the whole reservation and collecting each party's contribution.
Its All About Amenities
What home features is the family trying to find? Is a screened-in porch a requirement? Does the property need to be beachfront, in the downtown area, or near wildlife? Will the property have bicycles and body boards available for use throughout your stay? Gather a list of prioritized "needs and desires" from your company to help narrow your search to the most suitable home.
Proper access can make or break a trip for the less-mobile. Make certain to remember and ask about wheel chair accessibility, pool lifts and special equipment needs..
Remember to include your companion! While a number of rentals allow cats and dogs, rules and charges vary per rental. Many restrictions might eliminate a prospective vacation property. Be sure to study descriptions and contracts carefully. Extra fees or costs may be applied to your agreement. When in doubt, ask the property owner and get it in writing.
The best places to Search
A number of internet resources exist to match clients with rental home owners.. In addition to Homeaway, VRBO and Tripadvisor, we recommend searching Google for "Charleston area local vacation rentals" for local vacation rental management companies. Aside from offering exceptional properties, local companies offer you outstanding service..
Negotiate the Price
When you've found the rentalhome of your dreams, make sure your vacation dates are available.
Although not true for all properties, many owners and property managers will negotiate rates. If the rate isn't negotiable, the number of nights might be. Your best possibility of a reduced rate will be switching to a less desirable week.
Read the Agreement
Read the full agreement and be certain you are aware who is liable for:
- Power bills
- Phone service
- Pool Heating
- Cable and pay-per-view TV
- Cleaning Service
- Trash collection
- Maintenance policies
- Key exchange
- Parking Space
Ensure that your quoted fee includes all taxes and fees.
Cancellation policies vary with each property. Vacation rental management companies and home owners typically offer their clients the option to purchase trip insurance. Trip insurance safeguards the renter against emergency situations and weather events, It offers peace of mind should tragedy strike.
Book your Vacation Property
When everything seems right, it's finally time to sign on the dotted line. You will likely need to submit a security deposit at time of booking.
Know Who to Call
Make sure to get the manager's contact telephone number and entry/exit procedures for your rental property. We suggest keeping the contact's details in your smart phone and wallet.
Congratulations on booking your rental! You're on your way to a wonderful vacation!
During your Stay
- Take pictures on your arrival. Record the condition of the rental property immediately upon arrival. We also advise promptly phoning the rental manager with a report of any wear and tear, together with your request for any fixes. This will protect against disagreements during check out.
- Ask questions. You may need instructions for a fireplace, Television set or hot tub. Contact your rental manager. They are there to help. A phone call can save hours of hassle.
- Make sure to be a good next-door neighbor. Frequently, neighboring residences are filled by permanent locals. Remember the golden rule and treat others the same way you'd like to be treated by vacationers next to your residence.
- Ask a local. Local people are a terrific source of recommendations.
- Make sure that you protect the rental owner (and your things!) by keeping the vacation rental secured while you are away, exactly like you would at home.
- Make sure you've packed all of your things. Sweep each room in the home for forgotten items. Check bath rooms, the garage, kitchen cupboards, porches, the swimming pool area, and anywhere else your personal property might "hide".
- Be sure to walk through the rental one last time and check for damages. Whenever possible, do this walk-out review with the property owner present. If the property manager is not available, make sure you take photos of the property to record its condition.
- Did you have a blast? Many rental management companies and rental websites allow travellers to give feedback. If the rental home and/or property manager was excellent, they'll appreciate your positive reviews. If something went wrong and they failed to correct it in a reasonable manner, or when the property was not as described, you may want to make it a point as part of your comments.
Did everyone have a good time? With a little luck everything was perfect and you're ready to reserve the same rental for next season. If the rental property was not ideal, and you will better recognize how to improve your search for the next trip.
- Hugenot Church - 0.2 miles
- Dock Street Theater - 0.2 miles
- Charleston Waterfront Park - 0.2 miles
- Old Exchange and Provost Dungeon - 0.2 miles
- Circular Congressional Church - 0.2 miles
- City Market - 0.2 miles
- Washington Square - 0.3 miles
- Rainbow Row - 0.3 miles