- As low as $240/Night
- 1 Bedrooms
- 1 Bathrooms
- Sleeps 4
- Video games
- Video library
- 1 bathroom
- 1 bedroom
- Air conditioning
- Bed sheets provided
- Bicycle on site
- Boat on site
- Breakfast available for a fee
- Car recommended
- Carbon monoxide detector
- Coffee/tea maker
- Concierge services
- Fire extinguisher
- Fishing nearby
- Fitness facilities nearby
- Golf privileges
- Golfing on site
- Hair dryer
- Hiking/biking trails nearby
- Housekeeping (on request)
- Iron/ironing board
- Kayak on site
- Kayaking nearby
- Near a health or beauty spa
- Near a hospital
- Near laundromat
- Near outlet shopping
- Near the sea
- No pets allowed
- Parasailing nearby
- Scuba diving nearby
- Sleeps 4
- Smoke detector
- Smoke-free property
- Surfing/body boarding nearby
- Swimming nearby
- Tennis on site
- Towels provided
- TV with cable/satellite service
- Unit size: 344 sq ft (32 sq m)
- Washing machine and dryer
- Water park
- Water skiing nearby
- Water sports equipment
- WiFi available
- Winery tours nearby
About this Property
- Sleeps 4
- 1 Bedrooms
- 1 Bathrooms
- Approximately 344 SQUARE_FEET
- Parties and events are permitted (restrictions apply)
- Non-smoking property
- Pets welcome (restrictions apply)
- No children allowed
*** Sanitation/Cleaning Update ***
Bluegreen Resorts take great pride in meeting industry standards of cleanliness and safety in our resorts. They take great pride in meeting industry standards of cleanliness and safety at our resorts and continue to follow the CDC’s guidelines for sanitation and education.
SEE FOR YOURSELF!
There is more to discover and discover here at The Lodge Alley Inn found in the heart of old Charleston, where layers of history await your arrival! This resort is rich in European heritage and Victorian-styled suites that makes you feel as if you've stepped into the 18th century, sizable and utterly majestic!
Approximately 344-585 square feet, this state of the art studio features 1 Queen Bed or 2 Full Beds, and 1 Couch Bed in the living area including a mini refrigerator, microwave and coffee pot, bathroom and laundry located in the common area. min. of 4 occupants.
Additional amenities include: cable T.V., DVD player, coffee maker, microwave, fireplace and refrigerator.
All our luxury resorts use a system called Allocate Upon Arrival which means the actual suite you will be assigned to is given upon check-in. These photos are a combination of all the different suites on site. If you have a floor, unit or building number that you would like to stay in, please do not hesitate to ask. The full-time on-site reservation check-in staff is happy to do their best to accommodate your request. Please note since we do not place you in an exact unit and this is done by the front desk staff, we cannot guarantee the requests, but will do our best to make sure they are accommodated. If your reservation is more than 4 nights you may be assigned to a new suite for housekeeping purposes. Keeping our suites up to luxury standard is our top priority.
The person checking in must be 21 years of age (or older). With this notion, please prepare a VALID ID and credit card in your name. A $100 Pre-Authorization from any major credit card upon checking in is required. Cash is not accepted. After purchase you will receive an e-mail confirmation showing your name on the reservation as the guest checking in within 14 days of check in date. Please bring a valid form of Picture ID. However, if you would like to change the name of the person checking in after you have included this information, there will be a $99.00 name change fee. Any damages will be charge upon check-out.
Resort check- in time is 4 p.m. ET, and check-out time is 10 a.m. ET. The nearest airport to The Lodge Alley Inn is Charleston International (CHS) which is 13 miles by car respectively.
Please note by purchasing this listing we cannot guarantee that there will be an 'Upgrade' to your unit due to the historic nature of the buildings, floor plans and exact sizes will vary among rooms and suites. While The Lodge Alley Inn does not offer daily maid service, complimentary towel exchange is available for guests staying less than 7 days. For guests staying 7 days or more, a complimentary mid-week cleaning service is supplied.
Hence, if you have any concerns, our office are open 24 hours to respond to your requests. For here at The Lodge Alley Inn we ensure that your stay is comfortable and well-served to your satisfaction.
*** Parking Policy ***
Off-site valet parking. Cost: $33 per nighttime for Bluegreen Owners; $38 per nighttime for Non-Bluegreen Owners. Handicap parking in the city public parking garage located at 1 Cumberland St., or metered street parking, with a valid sticker or placard is complimentary, however the owner must park their own car. If someone with a handicap placard or sticker wishes to valet, they are subject to the same Owner/Non-Owner daily prices. Owners and guests may self-park in the city public parking garage located at 1 Cumberland St. for $2/hour, max $18/day without moving the car. After midnight or when the car is moved out and back into the garage, the clock resets and $2/hour, max $18/day rate begins. One car per reservation. No trailers, RVs, motorbikes, or upsized cars allowed. City public parking phone: (843) 805-3232. The resort is not responsible for any damages to cars while in the public parking garage.
*** Pet Policy ***
No family pets allowed. Subject to $300 fine. However, pets are allowed in RV parks only.
*** Smoking Policy ***
No smoking inside, including electronic cigarettes. Subject to $300 fine, unless if it's in a designated area.
*** Construction ***
Lodge Alley Inn will be undergoing an interior remodel on all studio units, four two bedroom townhomes, and three courtyard 1br lofts. The courtyard 1br loft renovation will also include removal of spiral staircases and construction of new. Renovation will start roughly 1/2/2022 and end roughly 3/20/2022.
*** Other notes ***
Two-story (loft) units typically have spiral staircases, and other unit types also have staircases. We cannot guarantee unit placement. Due to the historic nature of the buildings, floor plans and exact sizes will vary among rooms and suites. While The Lodge Alley Inn does not offer daily maid service, complimentary towel exchange is available for guests staying less than 7 days. For guests staying 7 days or more, a complimentary mid-week cleaning service is supplied. The Lodge Alley Inn is located in the heart of Downtown Charleston. Due to the urban location of the resort, guests may expect to hear city or street noise from guest rooms. The resort has white noise machines, ear plugs, and box fans available on request to help ease city, street and traffic noise.
About the Area
Located by the sea, this apartment is in Charleston Historic District, a neighborhood in Charleston. Port of Charleston Cruise Terminal and Harborage at Ashley Marina are worth checking out if an activity is on the agenda, while those wishing to experience the area's natural beauty can explore Fort Sumter and Fort Moultrie National Historical Park and Waterfront Park. South Carolina Aquarium and Charleston Museum are also worth visiting. Be sure to check out the area's animals with activities such as game walks and birdwatching.
Be prepared: check the latest COVID-19 travel requirements and measures in place for this destination before you travel.
Know Before you Go
A car is recommended for transportation to and from this property
- Pets not allowed
Charleston rental home tips:
Getting the best rental home value:
- Reserve your vacation rental as soon as possible. Rental schedules usually become available a year in advance (or in September just after Summertime ends). Many groups reserve their Summer vacations during Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Years Eve get-togethers. Book before these holidays for best selection.
- Summer is high season in the Charleston area area. Booking your Charleston area vacation rental in the Fall or Spring is an excellent way to save on your rental home. Rental rates are lower, and you'll find a better selection of desirable homes. Many vacationers use this strategy to find larger homes within budget, or to reserve an oceanfront rental that would otherwise be unavailable during the high season. Speaking of the off-season, don't overlook Winter holidays for a Charleston area vacation! Who wouldn't love a holiday vacation on the coast? Christmas, Thanksgiving, and New Years Eve are great times to gather with family and friends at the beach.
- Some property management companies offer rate reductions for veterans. Ask your host or property manager if special discounts are available for your group.
- Property managers typically offer their guests an option to purchase trip insurance protection. Trip insurance, which costs between 1% - 5% of the booking price, offers visitors reimbursement of their vacation costs for any missed vacation time as a result of medical-related emergencies or weather, as well as ensuing additional hurricane evacuation charges, such as an unanticipated hotel overnight or extra fuel expenses. Trip insurance can be a a welcome relief if the unforeseen occurs. Ask your host for specifics.
- Look for your local Charleston area area magazine upon checking in. If your rental property doesn't have one, you can find them at local shops and visitor centers. In addition to great articles, visitors guide magazines contain deals for nearby accommodations, tours and attractions.
Filter your search:
- Start by having your group choose a vacation week and a maximum budget.
- Note the number beds and the configuration your family requires. The Lodge Alley Inn™ - Studio has 1 bedrooms and 1 bathrooms.
- Specific information regarding bedrooms and bed counts & types is often available on booking websites. Otherwise, call the host before booking the property. Remember that most listings specify the max. guest capacity, which oftentimes includes sofa beds and bunks. You'll need to determine which bed configuration is optimal for your family.
- Traveling with pets? Although a number of vacation homes allow pets or animals, guidelines and costs vary per property. Type of pet, size and breeds may be limited. Remember to ask your host before booking, and study your agreement! Additional fees or costs might be applied to your contract.
- If there's a specific Charleston area attraction you love, keep an eye out for rentals that are either close by, or those that cater especially to your needs.
- Proper accessibility amenities can make or ruin a vacation for guests with disabilities. Make certain to ask about specialized equipment and wheel chair accessibility.
Tips for your stay:
- Store the host's contact information in your smartphone.
- Property managers are there to help! Feel free to ask any questions before, during, or after your stay.
- Ensure you protect the owner (and your stuff!) by locking and securing the home when you are gone, just like you would back home.
- During check-in, record any issues with the rental property and immediately contact the property manager. Record all correspondence in case a dispute arises.
- Be respectful of your neighbors. Frequently, adjacent homes are occupied by permanent residents. Respecting late-night noise limits and parking rules can make a stay significantly more pleasurable.
- Speaking of neighbors... Ask a local! Neighbors can often help. Who better to ask where to order the best nachos, have a great night out, or the best spots for BBQ?
- On check-out day, complete a walk-through to confirm you did not forget any personal items. Check dressers, closets, and bathrooms for hidden belongings. Remove everything from the refrigerator and take or dispose of leftovers.
- Walk through the property one final time and keep an eye out for damage. We advise inspecting the property with the host whenever possible. If the property manager is not available, ensure that you take video and pictures of the rental to record its condition at check-out.
- Did you have a great time? Most vacation rental websites make it easy for clients to provide reviews. If your rental property and/or property management company was fantastic, they would love to hear about it. If anything was out of order and they failed to correct it reasonably, or if the vacation rental wasn't as described, you'll want to make it a point as part of your feedback.
- Hugenot Church - 0.2 miles
- Dock Street Theater - 0.2 miles
- Charleston Waterfront Park - 0.2 miles
- Old Exchange and Provost Dungeon - 0.2 miles
- Circular Congressional Church - 0.2 miles
- City Market - 0.2 miles
- Washington Square - 0.3 miles
- Rainbow Row - 0.3 miles