- 1 Bedrooms
- 1 Bathrooms
- Air Conditioning
- Booking Possible
- Clothes Dryer
- Coffee Maker
- Deck / Patio
- Hair Dryer
- Housekeeper Optional
- Iron & Board
- Kayak / Canoe
- Lawn / Garden
- Linens Provided
- Living Room
- Porch / Veranda
- Satellite / Cable
- Towels Provided
- Washing Machine
- Water Sports Gear
About this Property*** Sanitation/Cleaning Update ***
We Bluegreen Resorts take great pride in meeting industry standards of cleanliness and safety in our resorts. We take great pride in meeting industry standards of cleanliness and safety at our resorts and continue to follow the CDC’s guidelines for sanitation and education.
AN UNEXPECTED JOURNEY!
There is more to discover and discover here at The Lodge Alley Inn found in the heart of old Charleston, where layers of history await your arrival! This resort is rich in European heritage and Victorian-styled suites that makes you feel as if you've stepped into the 18th century, generous and utterly majestic!
Approximately 590-790 square feet, this majestic One- Bedroom Flat resort suite includes 1 Queen Bed in the master bedroom, 1 Couch Bed including a full kitchen, bathroom and laundry located in the common area. min. of 4 occupants.
Additional comforts include: cable TV, DVD player, coffee maker, microwave, fireplace and refrigerator.
All our extravagance resorts use a system called Allocate Upon Arrival which means the actual suite you will be assigned to is given upon check-in. These photos are a combination of all the different suites on site. If you have a floor, unit or building number that you would like to stay in, please do not hesitate to ask. The full-time on-site reservation check-in staff is excstatic to do their peerless to accommodate your request. Please note since we do not place you in an exact unit and this is done by the front desk staff, we cannot guarantee the requests, but will do our premium to make sure they are accommodated. If your reservation is more than 4 nights you may be assigned to a new suite for housekeeping purposes. Keeping our suites up to bliss standard is our top priority.
The person checking in must be 21 years of age (or older). With this notion, please prepare a VALID ID and credit card in your name. A $100 Pre-Authorization from any major credit card upon checking in is mandatory. Cash is not accepted. After buy you will receive an e-mail confirmation showing your name on the reservation as the guest checking in within 14 days of check in date. Please bring a valid form of Picture ID. However, if you would like to change the name of the person checking in after you have included this information, there will be a $99.00 name change fee. Any damages will be charge upon check-out.
Resort check- in time is 4 p.m. ET, and check-out time is 10 a.m. ET. The nearest airport to The Lodge Alley Inn is Charleston International (CHS) which is 13 miles by car respectively.
Please note by purchasing this listing we cannot guarantee that there will be an 'Upgrade' to your unit due to the historic nature of the buildings, floor plans and exact sizes will vary among rooms and suites. While The Lodge Alley Inn does not offer daily maid service, complimentary towel exchange is available for visitors staying less than 7 days. For visitors staying 7 days or more, a complimentary mid-week cleaning service is supplied.
Hence, if you have any concerns, our office are open 24 hours to respond to your requests. For here at The Lodge Alley Inn we ensure that your stay is appealing and well-served to your satisfaction.
*** Parking Policy *** Off-site valet parking is also available for a daily rate $22/nighttime along with visitors who may want to park the car in the city public parking garage located at 1 Cumberland St. for a daily rate of $18/day. This rate applies from 6 am to 12 midnight. Beyond that, the rate is $1 per half hour. Furthermore, the resort will not be responsible for any loss or damages to cars while parked in public garages.City public parking phone# (843) 805-3232.
*** Pet Policy ***
No dogs and cats allowed. Subject to $300 fine. However, family dogs and cats are allowed in RV parks only.
*** Smoking Policy ***
No smoking inside, including electronic cigarettes. Subject to $300 fine, unless if it's in a designated area.
*** Cancellation Policy ***
Each of our unit's are advertised on numerous different sites for our travelers. Each site has their own respective cancellation policies:
• All of our units advertised on eBay or TZORT sites follow Tzort's firm cancellation policy.
TZORT Firm Cancellation Policy = All Sales Are Final, Zero Refunds Available. If any of our resorts shut down due to a Pandemic you will be offered 100% travel voucher protection. We offer the lowest price resort holiday specials and ask you to choose your dates and times wisely. We will do our most attractive to accommodate your change requests at no charge but cannot guarantee your change request can be met.
• All of our units advertised on HomeAway/Vacation Rental By Owner TripAdvisor and any of their affiliate sites follow under HomeAway’s Firm Cancellation Policy:
Firm- Bookings canceled at least 60 days before the start of stay will receive 100% refund. Bookings canceled at least 30 days before the start of stay will receive a 50% refund.
• Our cancellation policy for all of our listings on Airbnb fall under Airbnb’s strict cancellation policy:
According to the Strict cancellation policy, visitors may receive a full refund if they cancel within 48 hours of renting and at least 14 full days prior to the listing’s local check-in time. After 48 hours visitors are only entitled to a 50% refund regardless of how far the check-in date is.
A guest will also receive a 50% refund of the accommodation costs if the cancellation is made at least 7 days prior to the check-in time for the renting. If this is not done then no refund will be given at all. Finally, there is no refund given all at if a guest decides to cancel after check-in.
Please be informed that there will be a few modernization projects taking place on unit beginning February, 2020 with an anticipated completion date in June, 2020. Expect that there will be disturbances associated with the work being conducted during your stay. However, we will do our most superb to limit the noise, and dust on site due to the remodel. Thank you for your understanding as we continue create a better holiday experience for our visitors.
Due to the urban location of the resort, visitors may expect to hear city or street noise from guest rooms. The resort has white noise machines, ear plugs, and box fans available on request to help ease city, street and traffic noise.
How to get the best deal on your rental
- Search for the tourism bureau where you want to travel. Most official tourism bureaus will send you printed tourism guides with special deals for rental properties, dining and tours. These guides can provide a good start to your vacation rental search.
- Wish to stay away from the crowds? Shoulder seasons feature outstanding promotions.
- Are you a military veteran? Many property management companies provide markdowns to vets and active-duty military. Be sure to confirm with property manager to see if your visiting crew is eligible for a price reduction.
- Is there a particular activity that you are mainly looking forward to during your stay? Make sure to prioritize your proximity to the adventures and landmarks you are most excited about.
- Property management companies and individual property owners often offer customers an opportunity to purchase trip insurance. Trip insurance, which usually will cost you somewhere between 1% - 5% of the basic term rate, offers travellers reimbursement of their vacation expenses for any missed as a consequence of health related emergencies or weather, as well as ensuing extra hurricane evacuation costs or charges, like an unexpected hotel stay or additional fuel. Trip insurance might just be a bank account-saver if the unforseen happens .
How to Book a Vacation Home
Some people are shocked to discover just how many vacation homes are offered in Charleston area. Rental homes are gaining in popularity among vacationers, and visitors will find that the sheer number of rentals available allows them to find an perfect retreat to fit their Charleston area family, from tranquil condominiums to huge event homes with several bedrooms.
Vacation rentals are usually owner operated or managed by property management companies. Property management companies are popular with rental owners because they manage the advertising and operations..
Seasoned Charleston area vacationers have discovered a handful of tips and tricks throughout the years when it comes to renting vacation homes, however most novices will be happy to know that many of these "tricks" are in plain sight, if you recognize where they should look.
How to find and book a great rental property:
Do you think "The Lodge Alley Inn, 1 Bedroom Flat" is the best rental property for your upcoming trip? Browse through this checklist to confirm it fits your preferences.
Begin Your Search Early
Charleston area rental homes start booking very early. To ensure the very best selection of properties, we recommend searching and reserving your Charleston area getaway 6-12 months in advance, whenever you can. Christmas, Thanksgiving and New Years are excellent times to plan and book your rental..
Find your Area and Establish Dates
Begin by determining which particular area of Charleston area you prefer to visit, and the determine trip dates.
Select a Size
How many family members are joining your trip? Keep in mind that most rentals advertise maximum guest capacity, which often includes sofa beds in the living room. It is important to figure out what is most appropriate for your family. Precise descriptions of bedrooms and beds are usually available online. Otherwise, speak to the property manager before you reserve the home.
Establish Your Budget
Make sure that "The Lodge Alley Inn, 1 Bedroom Flat" satisfies your budget *during your desired week*. If several groups or loved ones are sharing the cost, make sure that each group understands their responsibility and has approved a maximum they are willing to pay. Most rental documents call for a single individual to be in charge of the whole reservation.
Vacation home Features
What home features is the group interested in? Do you only desire a property with a swimming pool, jacuzzi or beach volleyball court? Does the property need to be beach front, in town, or near wildlife? Does the home have bicycles and beach toys for use during your stay? Gather a list of "needs and wants" from your party to help filter your search to the most suitable rental.
Appropriate accessibility could make or break a visit for the less-mobile. Make sure that you remember and ask about wheelchair entry, pool lifts and special equipment needs..
Your Puppy Deserves a Holiday, Too
Make sure you include your pets. While a number of vacation homes allow furry friends, guidelines and costs fluctuate per property. Make certain to read descriptions and contracts carefully. Extra fees may apply when pets are added.
Its Time to Search
. In combination with Homeaway, VRBO and Tripadvisor, we advise searching Google for "Charleston area local vacation homes" for local property management companies. Besides having exclusive rental properties, local agencies provide you with excellent service..
Re-read the description to ensure the vacation rental has everything required. If something is missing, the rental home management company might know of comparable properties that suit your style and budget..
Some property owners will negotiate rates, and some won't. If they are unwilling to budge on a peak-season week, try getting an extra night. Off-peak weeks will likely be negotiable more frequently than peak-season..
Read the Total Contract
You really should know which services are included:
- Electric bills
- Telephone service
- Pool and hot tub heating
- Pay Per View Movies
- Trash Pickup (and which day?)
- Maintenance policies
- Key exchange
- Parking Fees
In addition to the normal charge, guests will have to pay state taxes when renting "The Lodge Alley Inn, 1 Bedroom Flat", in addition to any other fees that may be mandatory depending on their circumstances, including a dog charge, early check-in or later check-out fee, or a pool heat fee for private pool usage during the autumn or spring months.
Do you know the Cancellation Policy?
Cancellation policies are different with each rental. Many rental property contracts include an option for trip insurance. Trip insurance safeguards the renter against emergencies and weather events, It offers relief should tragedy strike.
Once you believe you've identified "the one", start the reservation process. Do not forget that most rental contracts will require a substantial rental down payment and/or security deposit to protect the home owner.
Know Who to Call
Put the rental manager's contact info into your cell phone and wallet for convenient access to answers throughout your trip.
Congratulations! All that is left is enjoying your visit!
During your Stay
- Take pictures at your arrival. Record the condition of the rental unit right away. If you discover damages, or if fixes are needed get in touch with the property manager straight away. This can protect against disagreements during checkout.
- Ask questions. You might need guidance for a fireplace, Television or spa. Contact your property manager. They are there to help. A phone call can save several hours of problems.
- Please remember to respect your nearby neighbors. Residents more often than not live within earshot. Remember the golden rule and treat others the same way you'd like to be treated by visitors next to your primary residence.
- Ask a local. Locals can often point you in the right direction.
- Enjoy your stay! Make sure you protect the property owner (and your things!) by keeping the rental locked up when you are away, just like you would in your own home.
Check Out Time
- Always make sure that you've packed everything. Inspect drawers, bath cabinets and closets.
- Make sure to walk through the rental one final time and check for damages. Whenever you can, do this walk-out review with the property manager present. If the property owner is not available, make sure that you take photos of the property to record its condition.
- Did you enjoy your vacation rental? Just about all vacation rental management companies and vacation rental websites make it easy for renters to offer feedback. If the rental and/or property manager was terrific, they will likely appreciate your praise. If anything was wrong and they didn't fix it in a acceptable manner, or if the vacation rental was not as described, you should note that as part of your comments.
Learn from your Experience
Did they feel about the rental? If everything was outstanding, next year's trip planning will be relatively easy. If the property wasn't perfect, and you'll better know how to improve your search next time.
- Hugenot Church - 0.2 miles
- Dock Street Theater - 0.2 miles
- Charleston Waterfront Park - 0.2 miles
- Old Exchange and Provost Dungeon - 0.2 miles
- Circular Congressional Church - 0.2 miles
- City Market - 0.2 miles
- Washington Square - 0.3 miles
- Rainbow Row - 0.3 miles