- As low as $223/Night
- 1 Bedrooms
- 1 Bathrooms
- Sleeps 4
- Available in all rooms: WiFi
- Available in some public areas: Internet access
- Breakfast available for a fee
- Smoke-free property
- Sofa bed
About this Property
- Sleeps 4
- 1 Bedrooms
- 1 Bathrooms
- Bed & breakfast
- Approximately 500 square feet
This masterfully modernized opulent king suite is in a historic 1852 B&B in the heart of downtown. The Ashley is a handsome, bright home where you can savor mingling in shared areas and calming in your private king suite. With so many historical sites close by, you’ll appreciate exploring town with the complimentary bicycles at your leisure.
7 Min Drive to historic sites
22 Min Drive to Magnolia Plantation & Gardens
26 Min Drive to Middleton Place
Feel Charleston With Us & Learn More Below!
- 1 bedroom w/ a comfortable king-sized bed
- 1 private bathroom w/ a rainshower head
- Cozy sizable room w/ fireplace
- Semi-private sunny veranda
- Speedy WiFi + flat-screen TV
- Free grab-n-go breakfast served daily in the common lounge area
- City guide books + informational intelligent tablets
- Private parking
- Free bicycles
- Charming ambiance
Here Are A Few Kind Words From Our Past Guests:
“Josh is very communicative and made it painless to figure out our travel plans.” - Laura
“Joshua was a fantastic host with great and timely communication prior to our arrival and during our stay. He also quickly helped us when we unexpectedly needed to change our dates” - Amy
Bedroom & Bathroom
The suites of The Ashley are bright and airy, featuring extravagant finishes and pretty town vistas from the second floor. A comfortable queen-size bed is appointed to the suite, along with a flat-screen TV with cable for you to savor during your time spent inside. There are private appliances for your use including a mini-refrigerator and Nespresso coffee maker with coffee and local teas.. Rooms come completely equipped with all you need for your stay, and personal informational guide books are at your disposal to help you navigate the city and enjoy the local lifestyle. Each suite has a private bathroom and is supplied with the essentials, including plush towels, shampoo, and a hair dryer.
The Ashley is a historic home (circa 1852) that definitely oozes southern appeal. The enormous windows let plenty of sunlight stream into the cavernous common areas. You can enjoy the impeccably decorated lounges in the grandiose room, where you’ll find a flat-screen TV with cable. There are additional appliances for your use, including a mini-refrigerator, hot water kettle, and Nespresso coffee maker.
The charming veranda area on the second floor is the ideal place to sip your tea or coffee while relaxing on the comfortable outdoor furnishings and people watching. For some invigorating greenery, you can also enjoy the seating area in the garden.
With so many historical sites close by, you’ll have no shortage of things to do. A fun and convenient way to discover the town are the complimentary bicycles available for guest use. Some historical features to note within cycling distance are McLeod Plantation Historic Site, Nathaniel Russell House, Old Exchange, Provost Dungeon, and Battery & White Point Gardens. Information and recommendations are included in the guide books, and intelligent tablets in your room.
For toiletries - think hotel amenities. We provide shampoo, conditioner, body wash, toilet paper, coffee, cream and sugar, beach towels, bug spray, and sunscreen.
Book Today & Let Us Take Care Of You In Charleston!
This unit is entirely licensed and legal with the City of Charleston under STR Operational Permit OP2022-02711
Guests of this elegant historic property have access to all of the common area amenities, including the mini-refrigerator, tea and coffee station, and T.V.. You can enjoy mingling with other guests on the huge veranda, or hop on a bicycle and discover the surrounding area. Breakfast is served daily in the roomy common lounge on the first floor.
Please note that this property is not currently ADA accessible. Entering any common room or guest room at the Inn will require the ability to climb stairs without ramp access. There is not an elevator present at the property.
You will get a code before arrival for convenient check-in and passage. There is parking for a single car on a first come first serve basis. Larger cars can have parking organized on request.
What do we adore about this neighborhood? Everything!
Each home is unique. The culinary scene for which the Charleston has become so famed is just steps away. Xiao Bao Biscuit, The Grocery, The Ordinary, Chez Nous, Cannon Green, Stars, and Fuel (from Diners, Drive-Ins, and Dives) are all just around the corner - among countless others. The fantastic eateries and nightlife of Upper King Street are close enough to walk but far enough to not keep you up all nighttime.
The DASH trolley is complimentary in Charleston. There are 3 routes, and two of the routes have stops just blocks from this property. More information can be found with the route map on the DASH website.
Other Things to Note:
Pet policy: As much as we appreciate the four-legged members of your family, we do not allow family pets at this property.
No smoking is allowed. Violators will be fined for in-room smoke damages. Smoking is only allowed outside of the property at least 10 feet away please.
Please note that there is a noise ordinance in this neighborhood after 10pm daily, so if you are appreciating yourself please stay inside and be considerate of the neighbors.
Please note that COVID-related cancellations are no longer honored. If a positive COVID diagnosis or exposure to COVID prohibits or alters the guest (or any individuals in the guest's group) from traveling to the property, the standard cancellation policy will remain in force. Should a guest choose to cancel their reservation under these circumstances, a refund will not be issued, and we shall have no liability with respect to the reservation.
Extenuating Circumstances Hurricane Policy: If a Mandatory Evacuation Order is issued by the Governor during the dates of your stay specifically for the county in which the property is located, the extenuating circumstances policy will be in effect, and we will refund any deposits or payments paid by the guest. We shall have no additional liability concerning the reservation. However, if a Mandatory Evacuation Order is NOT issued, then THE STANDARD CANCELLATION POLICY WILL REMAIN IN EFFECT SHOULD THE GUEST CHOOSE TO CANCEL THEIR RESERVATION. If inclement weather in any other part of the country or world during the dates of stay prohibits or alters the guest (or any individuals in the guest's group) from traveling to the property, a refund will not be issued, and we shall have no liability with respect to the reservation. During months where there is a potential for inclement weather, such as hurricane season, we strongly recommend guests purchase travel insurance.
Please be advised that by confirming your booking, you are agreeing to the Rental Agreement Policy terms posted publicly on our company website. Should you have any questions, please feel to contact us prior to booking.
Conde Nast has rated Charleston the #1 tourist destination for multiple years. You will appreciate everything our striking historic city has to offer, especially the Southern hospitality in which our residents take such great pride. Don't be surprised if you end up wanting to move here!
About the Area
Located in Charleston, this bed & breakfast is in the city center. Charleston Music Hall and Aiken-Rhett House Museum are local landmarks, and the area's natural beauty can be seen at Fort Sumter and Fort Moultrie National Historical Park and Marion Square. Looking to enjoy an event or a game while in town? See what's going on at TD Arena, or consider a night out at Historic Rice Mill.
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy
- Pets not allowed
Our top Charleston rental booking tips and tricks:
Money saving strategies:
- In the Charleston area area, The sooner you can book a vacation home, the better your selection will be. The best rental properties are booked early. Reserving your vacation home 6-12 months before your vacation dates is recommended. Holidays such as Christmas and Thanksgiving are excellent times to search for and book your vacation rental.
- Booking your vacation rental in the Spring or Fall is our best tip for saving money on your rental home. Rental rates are lower, and you'll find a better selection of suitable homes.
- Some property management companies offer discounts or promotional rates for veterans. It's always a good idea to check with your host or property manager to see if special offers are available for your family before you book.
- Booking websites often offer renters an option to buy vacation insurance protection. Trip insurance, which usually will cost you 1% - 5% of the base stay price, offers visitors reimbursement of costs for missed trip time as a result of medical-related catastrophes or weather disasters, as well as ensuing additional evacuation costs, such as an unanticipated hotel stay or extra gas expenses. Trip insurance can be a a welcome relief if the unforeseen occurs. Ask your host for more information.
- Many rental management companies supply Charleston area area travel guide magazines which often include money-saving deals, either offered independently by local companies, or by way of a relationship between the property management company and the business itself. You can also find visitors guide and coupon books at local grocery stores, shopping centers, and visitor centers.
Narrow your rental Search:
- Select vacation week and maximum budget.
- Decide how many bedrooms and the bed configuration your family needs. Historic B&B Stylish Suite In Heart Of Downtown has 1 bedrooms and 1 bathrooms. If you need a larger or smaller rental, use our rental home search.
- Precise information regarding bedrooms and bed counts is almost always accessible online. Otherwise, call the property management company before booking your home. Note that most properties list the max. guest capacity, which usually includes pull-out couches and bunk beds.
- If your group is vacationing with pets, you'll need to book a property that allows animals. Make sure to ask for specifics on breed, weight, and type requirements. Usually, hosts require additional pet deposits and fees.
- Does your family require special amenities? Most rental websites include search filters with amenity lists.
- Suitable accessibility can make or break a vacation for those with limited mobility. .
More considerations for your visit:
- Add the property manager's phone number to your smartphone. Understand and take a copy of arrival/departure procedures.
- Property managers are available to help! Feel free to ask any questions before, during, or after your stay.
- Protect the property owner (and your things!) by locking and securing the home when you are gone, just like you would at home.
- To make sure no damages are attributed to your family's visit, record any problem areas upon your arrival. Speak to the host right away to relay any damages. If there is a dispute about legal responsibility later, having a record of concerns and contact attempts will be very helpful.
- Respecting quiet hours and parking rules can make a stay significantly more pleasurable. You will magnify your chance to make some new local friends, and resident neighbors are usually an excellent source for finding the best local attractions.
- Speaking of neighbors... Ask a local! Residents can often help you find the best spots in town. Who better to ask where to grab the best tacos, have a great night on the town, or the best spots for BBQ?
- Double-check every room of the property to confirm that you've packed everything at check-out. Check dressers, closets, and bathrooms for hidden treasure. Clean the refrigerator and take or dispose of leftovers.
- Document the condition of the property at check-out. We recommend taking a video during your final walk-through.
- Did your family have a fantastic time? Most rental management companies make it easy for customers to provide feedback. If your rental property and/or property management company was fantastic, they always love to hear your praise. If anything was defective and they failed to fix it within reason, or if the vacation rental wasn't as described, you'll want to make a note as part of your comments.
- Brittlebank Park - 0.6 miles
- William Aiken House - 0.6 miles
- City Marina - 0.6 miles
- Johnson Hagood Stadium - 0.6 miles
- Marion Square - 0.7 miles
- Charleston Museum - 0.7 miles
- Joseph Manigault House - 0.7 miles
- Kahal Kadosh Beth Elohim - 0.9 miles