- As low as $426/Night
- 3 Bedrooms
- 2 Bathrooms
- Sleeps 6
- Video games
- 2 bathrooms
- 3 bedrooms
- Air conditioning
- Bed sheets provided
- Carbon monoxide detector
- Coffee/tea maker
- Fire extinguisher
- First aid kit
- Fitness facilities nearby
- Golf nearby
- Golf privileges
- Hair dryer
- Ice skating nearby
- In a village
- In the city center
- Iron/ironing board
- Kayaking nearby
- Near a health or beauty spa
- Near a hospital
- Near laundromat
- Near outlet shopping
- Near the bay
- Near the sea
- No pets allowed
- Onsite parking
- Parasailing nearby
- Sailing nearby
- Scuba diving nearby
- Smoke detector
- Smoke-free property
- Swimming nearby
- Towels provided
- Unit size: 1000 sq ft (93 sq m)
- Washing machine and dryer
- WiFi available
- Wildlife and game walks nearby
- Windsurfing nearby
About this Property
- Sleeps 6
- 3 Bedrooms
- 2 Bathrooms
- Private vacation home
- Approximately 1000 square feet
Welcome to "The Palms of Charleston" - this historic home with a striking huge courtyard is just one block to King St!
- Walk to the best eateries, nightlife, and shopping
- 65in 4k Intelligent TV with Netflix, Hulu, HBO, Prime video, ESPN+, Disney+ streaming supplied
- Ultra High Speed Internet
- Luxury Saatva beds, handmade and extremely comfortable
- Washer + dryer
- Parking off-site for 1 car
New for 2022, this historic antebellum home has been transformed into "The Palms" - a luxury Boho Chic getaway that features a impressive courtyard for outdoor gathering. All just one block to King St!
**Please note the property is divided into 3 Suites that share the common courtyard spaces**
This listing is for Suite A - located on the ground floor
- 1 King and 2 Queen bedrooms
- 2 full baths
- Entirely sized and supplied kitchen with stainless steel appliances
- Luxury bathrooms with rainfall shower heads and LED mirrors
- Decorated with local and handmade macramé, pottery, and beaded stone chandelier
- Porch made of Brazilian wood with luxury wicker furnishings and a view of the courtyard
- Custom outdoor dining table
- Teak rocking chairs and porch swing
- Stone outdoor bar
- Corn hole & Connect 4
STR Operational Permit OP2021-02191 and BL026693-01-2022
The entrance to the suite is through the courtyard. Suite A is on the ground level. Access is included with a unique key code.
This home is in the most vibrant and walkable area in Charleston. It is one block from Upper King Street, where the city's most famed eateries are just a step away. Nightlife begins literally around the corner. Convenient to all tourist attractions. This home is tucked away with a private entrance and courtyard in an extremely safe area.
Easily walk to the eateries, nightlife, and shopping of Upper King St and the surrounding neighborhoods.
Uber or Lyft around town or to the airport.
DASH is a complimentary shuttle service that accepts riders to discover the peninsula. Two of the routes have stops just around the corner. Visit the DASH website for a route map and more information.
Other Things to Note:
Please note that there will be construction at our neighboring property. While we expect peaceful hours to be upheld, there will be some construction noise during daytime hours.
This Suite is on the ground floor of a 3 story home. While the unit is very private, the courtyard is shared with other guests.
There are excessive noise monitors on the property - please respect your fellow guests and the 11pm city mandated noise curfew.
For security purposes only, there are two outdoor cameras that monitor the patio and brick alley.
This is not an event space. No events or events are allowed on the premises. No unregistered guests allowed.
One complimentary parking space is supplied at an off site parking lot located on the same block as the home.
Date Alterations - We will honor date change requests for your reservation with at least 60 days notice before check-in, subject to availability. We do not alter reservation dates within 60 days of check-in, with the exception of adding available nights onto your current reservation. Any other date change requests within 60 days of check-in will be treated as a cancellation and are subject to our cancellation policy.
Travel Insurance - We highly recommend travel insurance to protect your trip from unforeseen travel disruptions.
Interaction with Guests:
As locals to Charleston we savor showing off our gorgeous city. We know you will appreciate The Palms and are available to help make your stay as excellent as possible, so please feel complimentary to reach out!
About the Area
Located by the sea, this vacation home is in Downtown Charleston, a neighborhood in Charleston. Charleston Music Hall and Aiken-Rhett House Museum are local landmarks, and some of the area's activities can be experienced at Port of Charleston Cruise Terminal and Charleston City Marina. Looking to enjoy an event or a game while in town? See what's happening at Charleston Gaillard Center or Joseph P. Riley, Jr. Park. Be sure to check out the area's animals with activities such as game walks and birdwatching.
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy
Pets not allowed
Charleston rental home tips:
Sticking to your rental home budget:
- The sooner your group can book a rental home, the better your selection will be. The best rental properties are reserved early. Booking your rental property up to 12 months before your vacation dates is recommended. Christmas, Thanksgiving and New Years Eve are excellent times to plan and reserve your rental.
- Book your Charleston area vacation in Spring or Fall to get the benefit of warm weather while saving money and avoiding crowds. Speaking of the off-season, don't overlook Winter holidays for a Charleston area vacation! Who wouldn't love a holiday near the ocean? Thanksgiving and Christmas are great times to gather with family and friends at your favorite beach.
- Veterans and Active Duty Military members may be qualified for special discounts. Be sure to ask your prospective property management company or host whether your group qualifies for a price reduction.
- Management companies and individual rental owners often offer guests an option to purchase vacation insurance. Trip insurance, which costs anywhere between 1% - 5% of the base booking price, offers visitors reimbursement of their vacation costs for any missed trip time as a result of personal medical-related catastrophes or weather, as well as hurricane evacuation charges, such as an unanticipated hotel overnight or extra fuel expenses. Trip insurance can be a a welcome relief if the unforeseen happens. Ask the property owner for details.
- Often, management companies and vacation rental houses supply Charleston area area visitor guide magazines that include coupons, either offered directly by local companies, or through a partnership between the rental management company and the business itself. You can also find visitors guide and coupon books at local gas stations and shopping centers.
Use filters to search efficiently:
- Begin by selecting the best vacation week and a budget.
- Determine how many beds and the configuration your family needs. Hidden Outdoor Oasis - 1 BLOCK TO KING! has 3 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms.
- Precise descriptions of bedrooms and bed counts & types is almost always accessible online. If you don't see them listed, email the property management company before you book the property. Note that most listings specify maximum guest capacity, which often includes sofa beds in living rooms.
- Some rentals allow pets, and others do not. Allowable types of pet, weight and breeds may be restricted, and additional fees may apply. Ask the property manager about your furry family members before booking.
- Are you visiting for a specific event or attraction? Try a map search to find nearby rentals.
- Proper accessibility amenities can make or ruin a vacation for those with limited mobility. Confirm all required amenities are available and included before reserving a rental.
Advice for a smooth stay:
- Add the owner's contact info to your phone. Understand and take a copy of check in/check out procedures.
- Ask questions. You may want instructions for a hot tub, stereo or kitchen appliance. Contact your owner. They are there to help! A brief phone call prevents lots of issues.
- Lock your vacation home while you're out. Protect your property!
- Make a record of any issues with the rental at check in, and immediately send them to the owner. We especially recommend texts and e-mails, as they usually contain time stamps that can be helpful if a dispute arises.
- Respecting quiet hours and parking regulations can make a stay more pleasurable. You'll enhance your chance to make local friends, and resident neighbors can be an incredible source for finding the best local beaches and hangouts.
- Don't forget to... Ask a local resident! Residents can frequently help you find exactly what you're looking for. Who better to ask where to rent beach equipment, have a great night out, or the best spots for shopping?
- Don't leave anything behind! Just before departing, take a walk through the rental property to reconfirm you've collected everything. Check dressers, closets, and bathrooms for hidden belongings. Remove everything from the refrigerator and take or dispose of leftovers.
- Record a video to document the condition of the property.
- Did your family have a wonderful vacation? Most rental managers make it easy for vacationers to provide feedback. If your rental property and/or property management company was great, they will likely appreciate your kind words. If anything was out of order and they failed to correct it in a reasonable manner, or if the vacation rental wasn't as described, you'll want to make it a point as part of your review.
- William Aiken House - 0.3 miles
- Charleston Museum - 0.3 miles
- Joseph Manigault House - 0.4 miles
- Marion Square - 0.5 miles
- Kahal Kadosh Beth Elohim - 0.8 miles
- Johnson Hagood Stadium - 0.8 miles
- Fort Sumter - 0.9 miles
- South Carolina Aquarium Charleston - 0.9 miles