- As low as $394/Night
- 2 Bedrooms
- 2 Bathrooms
- Sleeps 8
- 1 total (up to 50 lbs per pet)
- 2 bathrooms
- 2 bedrooms
- Air conditioning
- Bed sheets provided
- Dining table
- Electric kettle
- Hair dryer
- Ice maker
- In the city center
- Onsite parking
- Pet friendly
- Shower/tub combination
- Smart TV
- Smoke-free property
- Sofa bed
- Toilet paper
- Towels provided
- Unit size: 1200 sq ft (111 sq m)
- Washing machine and dryer
- Welcoming dogs only
- WiFi available
About this Property
- Sleeps 8
- 2 Bedrooms
- 2 Bathrooms
- Approximately 1200 square feet
Feel downtown Charleston living in the heart of it all at this 28+ day rental!
The 2 bedroom, 2 bathroom, 1200 sq ft home, originally constructed in the 1880s, was newly restored back to its former glory but refreshed to modern standards. The home features 12 foot ceilings, original pine wood floors, as well as original windows, transoms and fireplaces. While the subtle imperfections of the home tell a story of centuries past, the home also includes the modern luxuries and amenities our guests have come to expect such as hotel-grade beds and linens, high-speed WiFi, all new appliances and high-end bathroom finishes. The Bee's Knees is a sanctuary in the heart of it all - directly across the street from MUSC and St. Luke’s Chapel, 5 blocks from Upper King St. and a 20-30 min. walk to the main sightseeing attractions.
The bottom floor apartment is accessed through the front of the building with two reserved parking spaces located in the rear of the building. The primary bedroom includes a brand new, opulent king bed, full-length mirror, intelligent TV, nightlight and intelligent device charger, roomy closet with additional pillows, cleaning supplies and space for all of your personal belongings as well as a desk for those needing a private workspace.
Located off the hallway is a full-size washer/dryer closet with supplied laundry supplies. Continue down the hall to your primary bathroom, complete with a rain and handheld shower. The main living space includes a dinette with seating for two, a Pottery Barn couch with queen sized pull-out couch and memory foam bed. The 55” intelligent TV includes a variety of complimentary channels through Roku, or you can activate “guest mode” to access your own streaming channels and catch up on your shows.
Whether you’re looking to entertain or prepare a gourmet meal, the kitchen is completely supplied with everything you’d need, including plastic dinnerware for our youngest of guests. The coffee bar includes a variety of k-cups, tea bags, ground coffee from a local Charleston roaster, sugar and creamer. Take a seat at one of our locally-made, bespoke breakfast bars, with seating for 4.
Last but not least, step foot into our second bedroom with two queen beds, hotel-grade beds and linens, an antique 19th century dresser, intelligent TV and ensuite bathroom. Ideal for families with kids, the shower/tub combo has a hinge glass door for bathing the kiddos as well as a step stool for the little ones who can’t rather reach the sink.
Guests can also appreciate some time al fresco on the shared front porch. Please note, peaceful hours are in effect after 10 p.m.
Two parking spots are included with your reservation. The parking lot is located in the rear of the building and both spots are marked with our apartment number. For any additional cars or visitors, there is ample street parking, especially on weekends and in the evening hours. Guests can self check-in using the intelligent lock on the front door. The code will be supplied 48 hours prior with additional check-in instructions.
Centrally located downtown in the Cannonborough neighborhood of the city, guests can walk, bicycle, Uber or rent a Turo to get anywhere they need on or around the peninsula.
The apartment sleeps 6 adults comfortably, with additional sleeping arrangements for 8 max.. The unit is kid-friendly with booster seat, toys, step stool and kids dinnerware.
For monthly units, we require a security deposit and mid-stay cleaning to refresh linens and clean the apartment. Owner pays all utilities (water, electrical, gas, internet).
Our city is growing quickly. With that growth comes construction. Unfortunately, there’s nothing we can do about the resulting noise or the current, cosmetic state of some neighboring buildings. During your stay, this shouldn’t be too bothersome, since the city’s noise ordinance dictates peaceful hours between 10pm and 8am.
The apartment is only available for 28+ day units as we are completing some additional permitting. Check back in winter 2023 for nightly rental availability!
About the Area
Located in Charleston, this condo is in the city center. Upper King Design District and Shops at Charleston Place are worth checking out if shopping is on the agenda, while those wishing to experience the area's natural beauty can explore Fort Sumter and Fort Moultrie National Historical Park and Marion Square. Charleston Museum and South Carolina Aquarium are also worth visiting.
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy
- Pets allowed
- Dogs only
- 1 total (up to 50 lbs per pet)
- Service animals are welcome, and are exempt from fees
Charleston rental property booking tips:
How to get the best rental home value:
- Summer is the most expensive season in the Charleston area area. Booking a rental in the Fall or Spring is a good way to save money on your vacation. Rental rates are lower, and you'll find a larger selection of suitable homes.
- Reserve your vacation rental as early as possible. Rental schedules usually open a year in advance (or in September just after Summer ends). Many families reserve their Summer vacations during Winter holiday get-togethers. Book before these holidays for best selection.
- Hosts sometimes offer rate reductions for veterans. Ask your host or property manager if special discounts are available for your group before you book.
- Property managers typically offer their guests an option to add vacation insurance. Trip insurance, which normally costs 1% - 5% of the base booking price, offers visitors reimbursement of their vacation costs for missed days as a result of personal medical-related catastrophes or weather, as well as ensuing additional hurricane evacuation costs, such as an unexpected hotel overnight or additional gasoline expenses. Trip insurance might be a a welcome relief if the unforeseen happens. Ask your host for specifics.
- Often, management companies supply Charleston area area travel guide magazines that include coupons, either offered independently by local companies, or by way of a relationship between the property management company and the business itself. You can also find Charleston area visitors guide magazine and coupon books at local grocery stores, shopping centers, and visitor centers.
Use filters to search efficiently:
- First and foremost, have your group commit to the best dates and a budget.
- Note the number beds and the bed configuration your group requires. Newly Renovated, Historic 2bd/2ba Downtown Condo w/ Parking has 2 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms. If you need a larger or smaller rental, use our vacation rental search.
- Specific information about bedrooms and bed sizes & counts is often accessible on booking websites. If you don't see them listed, reach out to the property management company before you reserve your rental. Remember that most properties list the maximum guest capacity, which frequently includes pull-out couches. You will need to work out which bed configuration is best for your vacation.
- Are you looking for specific amenities? Most rental search websites include amenity lists and search filters. Filtering by amenity will allow you to quickly find your ideal rental home.
- Proper accessibility can make or ruin a vacation for persons with a disability. Confirm all required amenities are available and included before reserving a rental.
- If your family is bringing pets, filter your search for a property that allows animals. Make sure to ask for specifics on breed, weight, and type restrictions. Often, hosts charge pet deposits and fees.
Have a wonderful stay:
- Add the host's contact information to your phone. Understand and take a copy of arrival/departure procedures.
- Upon arrival, document any damages to the property and immediately contact the property manager. Keep records of all correspondence just in case a dispute arises.
- Ask questions. You may need instructions for a fireplace, elevator or kitchen appliance. Contact your host. They are there to help! A brief text message prevents quite a few issues.
- Be a good neighbor! You wouldn't like obnoxious vacationers disrupting your quiet neighborhood. Practice the golden rule for best judgement. If they like you, locals might even recommend great beaches and places you would've never otherwise known!
- Don't forget to... Ask a local! Local residents can frequently help. Who better to ask where to order delicious takeout, have a great night on the town, or the best spots for shopping?
- Keep the property locked while you're gone! Don't let burglars spoil your holiday.
- Don't leave anything behind! Before you drive away, walk through the rental property to make sure you've collected all personal belongings. Remember to check closets, dressers, garages, and bathrooms for hidden belongings. Clean out the refrigerator and take or dispose of leftovers.
- Walk through the rental a final time and look for any damage. We recommend inspecting the property with the property manager whenever possible. If the host isn't available, take video and pictures of the property to record its condition at check-out.
- After your trip, leave a review! Property owners rely on great ratings to compel more bookings. They'll be much obliged for your review. Alternatively, if something went wrong, other families will be thankful you shared your review and help them have the best future vacation. Please be fair with your feedback If something fell short of expectations, consider whether the owner could control the issue, and if so, whether they responded reasonably to remedy it.
- City Marina - 0.5 miles
- Brittlebank Park - 0.5 miles
- Johnson Hagood Stadium - 0.7 miles
- William Aiken House - 0.7 miles
- Marion Square - 0.8 miles
- Charleston Museum - 0.8 miles
- Joseph Manigault House - 0.8 miles
- The Citadel - 1.0 miles