- As low as $533/Night
- 2 Bedrooms
- 2 Bathrooms
- Sleeps 8
- 1 per room (up to 50 lbs per pet)
- 2 bathrooms
- 2 bedrooms
- Air conditioning
- Bathtub or shower
- Bed sheets provided
- Cleaning supplies
- Coffee/tea maker
- Dining table
- Free WiFi
- Hair dryer
- Hardwood flooring in public areas
- If you have requests for specific accessibility needs, please contact the property using the information on the reservation confirmation received after booking.
- In the city center
- Memory foam mattress
- Onsite parking
- Pet friendly
- Sleeps 8
- Smart TV
- Smoke-free property
- Sofa bed
- Street parking available
- Toilet paper
- Towels provided
- Unit size: 1200 sq ft (111 sq m)
- Washing machine and dryer
- Welcoming dogs only
About this Property
- Sleeps 8
- 2 Bedrooms
- 2 Bathrooms
- Approximately 1200 square feet
Feel downtown Charleston living in the heart of it all at this 28+ day rental!
The 2 bedroom, 2 bathroom, 1200 sq ft home, originally constructed in the 1880s, was newly restored back to its former glory but refreshed to modern standards. The home features 12 foot ceilings, original pine wood floors, as well as original windows, transoms and fireplaces. While the subtle imperfections of the home tell a story of centuries past, the home also includes the modern luxuries and amenities our guests have come to expect such as hotel-grade beds and linens, high-speed WiFi, all new appliances and high-end bathroom finishes. The Bee's Knees is a sanctuary in the heart of it all - directly across the street from MUSC and St. Luke’s Chapel, 5 blocks from Upper King St. and a 20-30 min. walk to the main sightseeing attractions.
The bottom floor apartment is accessed through the front of the building with two reserved parking spaces located in the rear of the building. The primary bedroom includes a brand new, extravagant king bed, full-length mirror, intelligent TV, nightlight and intelligent device charger, roomy closet with additional pillows, cleaning supplies and space for all of your personal belongings as well as a desk for those needing a private workspace.
Located off the hallway is a full-size washer/dryer closet with supplied laundry supplies. Continue down the hall to your primary bathroom, complete with a rain and handheld shower. The main living space includes a dinette with seating for two, a Pottery Barn couch with queen sized pull-out couch and memory foam bed. The 55” intelligent TV includes a variety of complimentary channels through Roku, or you can activate “guest mode” to access your own streaming channels and catch up on your shows.
Whether you’re looking to entertain or prepare a gourmet meal, the kitchen is completely outfitted with everything you’d need, including plastic dinnerware for our youngest of guests. The coffee bar includes a variety of k-cups, tea bags, ground coffee from a local Charleston roaster, sugar and creamer. Take a seat at one of our locally-made, bespoke breakfast bars, with seating for 4.
Last but not least, step foot into our second bedroom with two queen beds, hotel-grade beds and linens, an antique 19th century dresser, intelligent TV and ensuite bathroom. Ideal for families with kids, the shower/tub combo has a hinge glass door for bathing the kiddos as well as a step stool for the little ones who can’t rather reach the sink.
Guests can also appreciate some time al fresco on the shared front porch. Please note, peaceful hours are in effect after 10 p.m.
Two parking spots are supplied with your reservation. The parking lot is located in the rear of the building and both spots are marked with our apartment number. For any additional cars or visitors, there is ample street parking, especially on weekends and in the evening hours. Guests can self check-in using the intelligent lock on the front door. The code will be included 48 hours prior with additional check-in instructions.
Centrally located downtown in the Cannonborough neighborhood of the city, guests can walk, bicycle, Uber or rent a Turo to get anywhere they need on or around the peninsula.
The apartment sleeps 6 adults comfortably, with additional sleeping arrangements for 8 max.. The unit is kid-friendly with booster seat, toys, step stool and kids dinnerware.
For monthly units, we require a security deposit and mid-stay cleaning to refresh linens and clean the apartment. Owner pays all utilities (water, electrical, gas, internet).
Our city is growing quickly. With that growth comes construction. Unfortunately, there’s nothing we can do about the resulting noise or the current, cosmetic state of some neighboring buildings. During your stay, this shouldn’t be too bothersome, since the city’s noise ordinance dictates peaceful hours between 10pm and 8am.
The apartment is only available for 28+ day units as we are completing some additional permitting. Check back in winter 2023 for nightly rental availability!
About the Area
Located in Charleston, this condo is in the city center. Charleston City Market and Upper King Design District are worth checking out if shopping is on the agenda, while those wishing to experience the area's natural beauty can explore Fort Sumter and Fort Moultrie National Historical Park and Marion Square. Traveling with kids? Consider Patriots Point and Charleston Museum.
Be prepared: check the latest COVID-19 travel requirements and measures in place for this destination before you travel.
- Pets allowed
- Dogs only
- 1 per room (up to 50 lbs per pet)
Our top Vacation rental home tips:
When to visit Charleston & When to book:
- Book your vacation home as soon as possible. Rental schedules often become available a year in advance (or in September just after Summertime ends). Many groups book their Summer rentals during Winter holiday get-togethers. Book before these holidays for best selection.
- Reserve your vacation in the Fall or Spring to enjoy warm weather while saving money and avoiding crowds. Many vacationers use this strategy to reserve larger homes, or to reserve a beach front vacation rental that would otherwise be unavailable during the Summer months. Speaking of the off-season, don't overlook Winter holidays for a Charleston area vacation! Who wouldn't love a holiday on the coast? Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Years are great times to gather with family and friends at the beach.
- Hosts and Property managers sometimes offer rate reductions for veterans and active duty military. It's always a good idea to check with your property manager to see if special discounts are available for your family.
- Property management companies usually offer guests an option to add vacation insurance. Trip insurance, which commonly will cost anywhere between 1% - 5% of the reservation price, offers visitors reimbursement of costs for any missed days as a result of personal medical-related issues or weather, as well as evacuation charges, such as an unanticipated hotel stay or extra gasoline expenses. Trip insurance can be a a welcome relief if the unforeseen happens. Ask the property owner for program terms and fees.
- Look for your local Charleston area visitors guide upon checking in. If your rental doesn't have one, you can find them at local grocery stores, shopping centers, and visitor centers. In addition to great local stories, visitor guide magazines contain money saving offers on nearby accommodations, restaurants and tours.
Finding the perfect rental in the Charleston area area:
- Select your vacation dates and budget.
- Determine how many bedrooms and what type of bedroom configuration your group requires. Newly Renovated, Historic 2bd/2ba Downtown Condo w/ Parking has 2 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms. If you need a larger or smaller rental, use our Charleston area vacation rental search.
- Precise descriptions of bedrooms and bed sizes & counts is almost always accessible on booking pages. If you don't see them listed, contact the property management company before reserving the vacation property. Remember that most property listings specify maximum guest capacity, which frequently includes pull-out couches and bunk beds.
- Remember to include your furry companions! Although a number of vacation homes allow pets or animals, guidelines and costs vary per property. Type of pet, size and breeds may be limited. Ask your host before booking, and study your rental agreement! Additional fees or charges applied to your invoice.
- If there's a specific Charleston area destination you are crazy about, keep an eye out for rentals that are either close by, or those that cater especially to your requirements.
- Proper accessibility can make or ruin a vacation for guests with disabilities. Confirm all required amenities are available and included before booking.
- We recommend storing the manager's contact information in your smartphone.
- Property managers are great sources of help! Don't be shy to ask any questions during your stay.
- Lock your rental home while you're away. Protect the owner's property and your stuff!
- Document any damages to the property during check in, and immediately send them to the host. We specifically recommend texts and e-mails, as they usually contain built-in time stamps that can be valuable if there is a dispute.
- Respecting quiet hours and parking restrictions can make a stay significantly more pleasurable. Be a good neighbor. You will increase your chance to make local friends, and resident neighbors are a great resource to find the best local spots.
- Don't forget to... Ask a local resident! Locals can often help you find exactly what you're looking for. Who better to ask where to grab the best tacos, have a great night on the town, or the best spots for crabbing?
- Double-check every room of the property to make sure that you've packed all belongings on check-out day. Re-check dressers, closets, and bathrooms for hidden items. Remove everything from the refrigerator and take or dispose of leftovers.
- Walk through the property one final time and look for damage. We suggest inspecting the property with the host whenever you can (often this isn't possible). If the property manager isn't available, ensure that you take photos and video of the property to record its condition at check-out.
- Remember to leave feedback! Property owners rely on good ratings to inspire new bookings. They'll be much obliged for your review. Alternatively, if something went wrong, other vacationing families will appreciate that you share your review find their best vacation rental. Remember to be objective. If something fell short of expectations, consider whether the property manager had any control over the issue, and if so, whether they responded quickly to fix it.
- City Marina - 0.5 miles
- Brittlebank Park - 0.5 miles
- Johnson Hagood Stadium - 0.7 miles
- William Aiken House - 0.7 miles
- Marion Square - 0.8 miles
- Charleston Museum - 0.8 miles
- Joseph Manigault House - 0.8 miles
- The Citadel - 1.0 miles
- City Market - 1.1 miles
- Gibbes Museum of Art - 1.1 miles
Ready to book Newly Renovated, Historic 2bd/2ba Downtown Condo w/ Parking?Book Online Get Information Call: