- As low as $432/Night
- 2 Bedrooms
- 2 Bathrooms
- Sleeps 8
- 1 per room (up to 50 lbs per pet)
- 2 bathrooms
- 2 bedrooms
- Air conditioning
- Bed sheets provided
- Coffee/tea maker
- Dining table
- Hair dryer
- Ice maker
- In the city center
- Pet friendly
- Shower/tub combination
- Sleeps 8
- Smart TV
- Smoke-free property
- Sofa bed
- Toilet paper
- Towels provided
- Unit size: 1200 sq ft (111 sq m)
- Washing machine and dryer
- Welcoming dogs only
- WiFi available
About this Property
- Sleeps 8
- 2 Bedrooms
- 2 Bathrooms
- Approximately 1200 SQUARE_FEET
- Non-smoking property
Feel downtown Charleston living in the heart of it all at this 28+ day rental!
The 2 bedroom, 2 bathroom, 1200 sq ft home, originally constructed in the 1880s, was freshly restored back to its former glory but refreshed to modern standards. The home features 12 foot ceilings, original pine wood floors, as well as original windows, transoms and fireplaces. While the subtle imperfections of the home tell a story of centuries past, the home also includes the modern luxuries and amenities our guests have come to expect such as hotel-grade beds and linens, high-speed WiFi, all new appliances and high-end bathroom finishes. The Bee's Knees is a sanctuary in the heart of it all - directly across the street from MUSC and St. Luke’s Chapel, 5 blocks from Upper King St. and a 20-30 min. walk to the main sightseeing attractions.
The bottom floor apartment is accessed through the front of the building with two reserved parking spaces located in the rear of the building. The primary bedroom includes a brand new, opulent king bed, full-length mirror, intelligent TV, nightlight and intelligent device charger, roomy closet with additional pillows, cleaning supplies and space for all of your personal belongings as well as a desk for those needing a private workspace.
Located off the hallway is a full-size washer/dryer closet with included laundry supplies. Continue down the hall to your primary bathroom, complete with a rain and handheld shower. The main living space includes a dinette with seating for two, a Pottery Barn couch with queen sized pull-out couch and memory foam bed. The 55” intelligent TV includes a variety of complimentary channels through Roku, or you can activate “guest mode” to access your own streaming channels and catch up on your shows.
Whether you’re looking to entertain or prepare a gourmet meal, the kitchen is entirely supplied with everything you’d need, including plastic dinnerware for our youngest of guests. The coffee bar includes a variety of k-cups, tea bags, ground coffee from a local Charleston roaster, sugar and creamer. Take a seat at one of our locally-made, bespoke breakfast bars, with seating for 4.
Last but not least, step foot into our second bedroom with two queen beds, hotel-grade beds and linens, an antique 19th century dresser, intelligent TV and ensuite bathroom. Ideal for families with kids, the shower/tub combo has a hinge glass door for bathing the kiddos as well as a step stool for the little ones who can’t rather reach the sink.
Guests can also appreciate some time al fresco on the shared front porch. Please note, peaceful hours are in effect after 10 p.m.
Two parking spots are supplied with your reservation. The parking lot is located in the rear of the building and both spots are marked with our apartment number. For any additional cars or visitors, there is ample street parking, especially on weekends and in the evening hours. Guests can self check-in using the intelligent lock on the front door. The code will be supplied 48 hours prior with additional check-in instructions.
Centrally located downtown in the Cannonborough neighborhood of the city, guests can walk, bicycle, Uber or rent a Turo to get anywhere they need on or around the peninsula.
The apartment sleeps 6 adults comfortably, with additional sleeping arrangements for 8 max.. The unit is kid-friendly with booster seat, toys, step stool and kids dinnerware.
For monthly units, we require a security deposit and mid-stay cleaning to refresh linens and clean the apartment. Owner pays all utilities (water, electrical, gas, internet).
Our city is growing quickly. With that growth comes construction. Unfortunately, there’s nothing we can do about the resulting noise or the current, cosmetic state of some neighboring buildings. During your stay, this shouldn’t be too bothersome, since the city’s noise ordinance dictates peaceful hours between 10pm and 8am.
The apartment is only available for 28+ day units as we are completing some additional permitting. Check back in winter 2023 for nightly rental availability!
About the Area
Located in Charleston, this condo is in the city center. Charleston Music Hall and Music Farm are cultural highlights, and some of the area's attractions include Charleston Museum and South Carolina Aquarium. Mount Pleasant Memorial Waterfront Park and Splash Zone Waterpark are also worth visiting.
Be prepared: check the latest COVID-19 travel requirements and measures in place for this destination before you travel.
- Pets allowed
- Dogs only
- 1 per room (up to 50 lbs per pet)
Charleston rental home tips:
When to visit & When to book:
- The sooner your group can reserve a home, the easier your search will be. The best rental homes are booked early. Booking your rental up to twelve months before your travel dates is recommended. Christmas, Thanksgiving and New Years Eve are excellent times to search for and reserve your vacation rental.
- Booking in Fall or Spring months is a good way to save money on your vacation home. Rates are lower, and you'll find a larger selection of acceptable homes. Many vacationers use this strategy to reserve larger homes, or to book an oceanfront vacation rental that would otherwise be unaffordable during the Summer months. Speaking of the off-season, don't overlook the holidays for a Charleston area vacation! Who wouldn't love a holiday vacation on the coast? Thanksgiving and Christmas are great times to gather with friends and family at your favorite beach.
- Some owners offer special rates for veterans and active duty military. Ask your host or property manager if special discounts are available for your family.
- Property managers often offer guests an option to add trip insurance protection. Trip insurance, which generally will cost you anywhere between 1% - 5% of the base reservation price, offers visitors reimbursement of their vacation costs for missed days as a result of personal medical-related catastrophes or weather, as well as ensuing additional hurricane evacuation costs or charges, such as an unanticipated hotel or extra gasoline expenses. Trip insurance can be a a welcome relief if the unforeseen occurs. Ask your property manager for more information.
- Often, management companies and vacation rental houses supply Charleston area area visitors guides that include coupons, either offered independently by local businesses, or through a partnership between the rental management company and the business itself. You can also find visitors guide and coupon books at local grocery stores, shopping centers, and visitor centers.
Finding the best rental home in the Charleston area area:
- Select your vacation dates and maximum budget.
- Decide how many bedrooms and what type of bedroom configuration your group needs. Newly Renovated, Historic 2bd/2ba Downtown Condo w/ Parking has 2 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms.
- Specific descriptions of bedrooms and bed sizes & counts is often accessible online. Otherwise, call the property manager before you reserve the rental. Remember that most property listings specify maximum guest capacity, which oftentimes includes sofa beds. You'll need to determine which bed configuration is optimal for your vacation family.
- Some rentals allow pets, but others do not. Allowable types of pet, weight and breeds may be restricted, and added charges may apply. Ask the property management company about allowable breeds and types before booking.
- If there's a certain Charleston area attraction you are enamored with, keep an eye out for properties that are either close by, or those that cater to your requirements.
- Proper accessibility amenities can make or break a vacation for the less-mobile. Confirm all necessary amenities are available before reserving a rental
Have a wonderful stay:
- Take a copy of the host's phone number and arrival/departure procedures for your . Put the manager's contact information in your smartphone.
- Ask questions. You may need instructions for a fireplace, stereo or washer/dryer. Contact your host. They are there to help! A brief call can prevent quite a few problems.
- Lock your vacation home while you're out. Keep your property safe!
- To make sure damages are not attributed to your family's visit, note any problem areas upon check in. E-mail the property manager right away to relay any issues. If there is a dispute about who is responsible, having a record of concerns and contact attempts will be useful.
- Be a good neighbor! You wouldn't like unpleasant vacationers bothering your peace and quiet. Employ the golden rule for common sense. If they like you, locals might even recommend great beaches and scenic spots you would've never otherwise known about!
- Speaking of neighbors... Ask a local resident! Residents can usually help you find exactly what you're looking for. Who better to ask where to find the fresh catch of the day, have a great night out, or the best spots for BBQ?
- Don't leave anything behind! Just before you drive away, take a walk through the rental property to make sure you've collected everything. Re-check bathrooms, garages, and back yards for hidden belongings. Clean out the refrigerator and take or dispose of leftovers.
- Go through the rental a final time and scan for any damage. We advise walking through with the property manager whenever you can. If the property manager is not available, take video and pictures of the property to record its condition at check-out.
- Did your family have a wonderful stay? Most rental managers make it easy for guests to provide reviews. If your property and/or host was great, they would love to hear about it. If anything was inoperable and they failed to address it reasonably, or if the vacation rental wasn't as described, you'll want to make it a point as part of your feedback.
- City Marina - 0.5 miles
- Brittlebank Park - 0.5 miles
- Johnson Hagood Stadium - 0.7 miles
- William Aiken House - 0.7 miles
- Marion Square - 0.8 miles
- Charleston Museum - 0.8 miles
- Joseph Manigault House - 0.8 miles
- The Citadel - 1.0 miles