- As low as $138/Night
- 3 Bedrooms
- 1 Bathrooms
- Sleeps 6
- 1 bathroom
- 3 bedrooms
- Air conditioning
- Barbecue grill
- Car not required
- Carbon monoxide detector
- Coffee/tea maker
- Deadbolt lock
- Fire extinguisher
- First aid kit
- Fitness facilities nearby
- Hair dryer
- In the city center
- Internet access
- Iron/ironing board
- Near a hospital
- Near laundromat
- Near the sea
- Onsite parking
- Pet friendly
- Smoke detector
- Smoke-free property
- Unit size: 1100 sq ft (102 sq m)
- Washing machine and dryer
About this Property
- Sleeps 6
- 3 Bedrooms
- 1 Bathrooms
- Approximately 1100 square feet
Permit Number: 03720
The Space: Appreciate your stay in The Longshoreman, a gorgeously-preserved Charleston home constructed in the 1880s. You will be on the first floor of this two-story home. It includes all of the amenities of a modern home but has the design of a historic Southern home. Its appealing appeal and our Southern hospitality make it the ideal home for your Charlestonian hideaway. The home features:
Three bedrooms with a queen-size bed with high-quality linens.
One bathroom with double sinks, a cavernous shower, soft towels, and complimentary toiletries.
A comfortable living room with a modest desk, two cozy couches, and a flat-screen 3D-capable TV with Apple TV.
A completely-equipped kitchen with all the tools necessary to make a delicious meal.
A roomy porch and a backyard patio.
There are three complimentary parking spaces available in the driveway for guests to use.
Your unit will be located downstairs. Make yourself at home and appreciate everything that the home, porch and backyard has to offer.Guest Access: *Unlock our Exclusive Guest Guide which helps avoid all the tourist traps and drastically helps plan your trip*
*Unlock Hotel Conveniences with your home*
All guests, age 25 and up, staying with Stay Duvet have been granted access to The Wonderer Charleston.
This 2-acre private membership club located in downtown Charleston is a modern getaway
offering resort-style amenities and a Bali-Tulum-inspired ambiance unparalleled on the
peninsula. The property includes a swimming pool, onsite eateries for breakfast, lunch,
dinner, trendy drinks, and of course poolside cabanas! It also includes an indoor gym and
exercise studio with daily classes, a recovery room full of spa therapies, private
and shared workspaces, live music, and an active calendar of social events.
Once you confirm your reservation at The Wonderer, you will receive a link to book your time to
visit the Campus. Please note, all exercise classes and ticketed events are offered based on
availability and may come at an additional cost.
Day Passes are available at the following prices (pre-purchase only):
- Free: Oct 15th - Apr 14th
- Additional Cost: Apr 15th - Oct 14th
- $15 per person: Sunday through Friday
- $30 per person: Saturdays
*No Rolling or Duffel side suitcases allowed on site, Please pre-register with Bag Valet for pickup at CHS International Airport or you will be able to check your suitcases with Bag Valet onsite at The Wonderer and it will be delivered to your local destination. Fees apply*
Please note: availability is not guaranteed without a confirmed reservation. The number of available day passes remains stringently first-come, first-serve. If you plan to savor The Wonderer anytime between April 15th - September 1st, we strongly suggest booking in advance to guarantee access. Prices are subject to change.
Any group exceeding 8 or more guests must be approved separately by contacting
the Wonderer directly. If using the Pool area, it is required that events of 8+ rent a Cabana.
The Club has a minimum age requirement of 25 years old (unless you're a member, a guest of a member, or receive a special exception from club management). Some special events may have varying age restrictions.
*Please also note that StayDuvet is not the same company as The Wonderer and offers
this as an added perk. If access is not granted to the Wonderer during your stay due to
availability, no inconvenience credits will be awarded, and any issues related to your visit
at The Wonderer must be directed exclusively to The Wonderer staff.*
Guests will have full access to their rental along with all the appliances and amenities included with your stay.
The Wonderer's parking is a paid lot.
If your unit has parking, Parking Instructions will be given to you 3 days prior to the check-in date. To see if your unit does have parking, please check THE SPACE and AMENITIES section of the listing.The Neighbourhood: Welcome to the Eastside!
The home is located in the peaceful neighborhood of Eastside, away from the hustle and bustle of the main tourist areas. You’re still within walking distance of Charleston’s main attractions but you’ll be able to return to a relaxing neighborhood at the end of the day. It’s an up-and-coming part of town that has new eateries and bars popping up on every corner! Some of the local eateries will be Mercantile & Mash, Rappahannock Oyster Bar and Taco Boy! Just a 15-min. walk from the home is upper King Street where you’ll find plenty of appealing bars, gourmet eateries, and unique stores to visit. This trendy area is a great place to start your adventure.
Interaction With Guests: Our team can provide self-check-in instructions for your convenience. If you need anything at all, we can be reached via text or phone.
Our 5* hosting services company, StayDuvet, will be on hand throughout your stay. StayDuvet is the only group in town that offers Professionally Laundered 100% Cotton Linens, Off-Site Guest Resort with Pool, Gym, and Office Spaces, Hotel Conveniences, Totally supplied Kitchens, and Custom Guest Itineraries to make planning your trip simple. Also, once the booking is confirmed, all guests gain exclusive access to our carefully curated magazine with the best local things-to-do such as the best eateries & bars, water-sports, boat units, massages, private chefs, helicopter rides, walking tours, and ghost tours.
Room Service: Stay Duvet is proud to offer Room Service supplied by Babas on Cannon. We offer a wide selection ranging from breakfast, lunch, pantry staples, bottled wine, drinks, and beer. Please download the iPhone or Android App to start placing your order which will be given to you at the time of booking.Getting Around: You can walk anywhere and everywhere in Downtown Charleston, but just in case, here is a list of the top transportation services:
Uber and Lyft
Charleston Black Cab Limo Company (Can accommodate 1-20 people)
CARTA Dash for complimentary rides around downtown!
Charleston RickshawOther Notes: THIS PROPERTY IS LEGAL AND LICENSED BY THE CITY OF CHARLESTON!
Bag drop is supplied through a third event for an additional fee.
PROVIDED WITH EACH STAY:
Free High-Speed Internet WIFI
One Bag of Free Locally Packaged Coffee
Paper Products (toilet paper, paper towels, tissues)
Hotel Quality Bath Conveniences (shampoo, conditioner, body wash, hand soap)
Dish and Laundry Detergents
Hair Dryer, Iron, and Ironing Board
4 Bath Towels per bed and Professionally Laundered Linens
Basic Cooking Essentials and Kitchenware
ONLY IF THE PROPERTY ALLOWS FAMILY PETS: One dog is allowed for a non-returnable pet fee of $200. Additional family pets are subject to approval with an additional pet fee of $200. Inquire first before bringing more than one pet. The fee is waived for certified service dogs IF Proper paperwork is supplied prior to Check-in! Any excessive pet dander or damages caused by your pet will warrant an additional charge. Animals must be on leash at all times when not inside property or in fenced in backyard.
Room Service: Stay Duvet is proud to offer Room Service included by Babas on Cannon. We offer a wide selection ranging from breakfast, lunch, pantry staples, bottled wine, beverages, and beer. Please download the iPhone or Android App to start placing your order which will be given to you at the time of booking.
If a Mandatory Evacuation Order for Charleston County is given during the dates of your stay, The Owner/Host or the Property Management Company shall refund 100% of all deposits, payments and/or monies paid by the traveler within 72 hours. Owner/Host or Property Management Company shall have no further liability with respect to the Reservation. Please note that if there is inclement weather in the other 49 states, prohibiting the traveler (or guests in traveler’s group) from getting to Charleston, a refund will not be issued and, Owner/Host or Property Management Company shall have no liability with respect to the Reservation. During months where there is a potential for inclement weather, such as hurricane season, we strongly suggest travelers obtain insurance.
No Smoking Accepted. Violators will be fined a minimum of $250 for in-room smoke damages. Smoking is ONLY allowed outside of the property, but please try to keep at least 10 feet from the doors to keep smoke from trailing inside.
Firearms are not allowed in any of our private residences. Any firearms left behind at a property will be turned over to local police without notice to guest.
This is a licensed and legal Short Term Rental. Neighborhood peaceful hours are from 10pm-8am. If violated the city will issue a $1047 fine. Guests are also responsible for following the City of Charleston's Ordinance rules under Section 54-227.
Our city is growing quickly. With that growth comes construction. Unfortunately, there’s nothing we can do about the resulting noise or the current, cosmetic state of some neighboring buildings. During your stay, this shouldn’t be too bothersome, since the city’s noise ordinance dictates peaceful hours between 10pm - 8am.
10+ Day Stays are subject to an additional cleaning fee at host's discretion.
Alteration Policy: Any change of dates or cancellation of any nights of the original reservation will not be approved within 60 days or arrival.
Please use painters tape if you plan on using tape to decorate for an event. If the wall is damaged due to tape removal or decorations, you will have to pay $500 for repainting.
THIS IS NOT A PARTY HOME!!!
About the Area
Located by the sea, this apartment is in Downtown Charleston, a neighborhood in Charleston. Aiken-Rhett House Museum and Music Farm are cultural highlights, and travelers looking to shop may want to visit Upper King Design District and Shops at Charleston Place. Looking to enjoy an event or a game while in town? See what's happening at TD Arena or Charleston Gaillard Center.
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy
Know Before you Go
A car is not required for transportation to and from this property
- Pets allowed
- Service animals are welcome, and are exempt from fees
Tips to get the very best rental experience:
Finding the best rental home value:
- Reserve your vacation home as soon as possible. Rental schedules generally become available 12 months in advance (or in September just after Summertime ends). Many families reserve their Summer vacation rentals during Thanksgiving and Christmas gatherings. Book before these holidays for best selection.
- Reserving a rental home in the Spring or Fall is one of our best tips for saving money on your rental home. Rental rates are lower, and you'll find a better selection of acceptable properties. Speaking of the off-season, don't overlook Winter holidays for a Charleston area vacation! Who wouldn't love a holiday on the coast? Thanksgiving and Christmas are great times to gather with loved ones at the beach.
- Property managers sometimes offer discounts for veterans. Remember to ask your host or property manager if special offers are available for your group before you book.
- Management companies and individual rental owners typically offer renters an option to obtain trip insurance. Trip insurance, which will generally cost between 1% - 5% of the stay price, offers visitors reimbursement of costs for any missed days as a result of personal medical-related issues or weather disasters, as well as ensuing additional evacuation charges, such as an unanticipated hotel or extra fuel expenses. Trip insurance is definitely a life-saver if the unforeseen happens. Ask the property owner for specifics.
- Many management companies supply Charleston area area travel guide magazines which will include coupons, either offered directly by local companies, or by way of a relationship with the property management company and the business itself. You can also find Charleston area visitors guide magazine and coupon books at local gas stations and shopping centers.
Selecting the perfect vacation home:
- Select your dates and spending budget.
- Note the number bedrooms and the bed configuration your family requires. Longshoreman by StayDuvet next to The Cedar Room has 3 bedrooms and 1 bathrooms.
- Precise details about bedrooms and bed sizes & counts is generally accessible online. If you don't see them listed, email the property management company before you book your rental. Note that most listings specify the max. guest capacity, which oftentimes includes pull-out couches and bunk beds. You'll need to work out what is optimal for your trip.
- Do your family pets travel with you? Many vacation homes allow animals, but guidelines and restrictions apply. Type of pet, size and breeds may be limited. Remember to ask the property manager before booking, and study your agreement thoroughly! Pet fees or may be applied to your agreement.
- Looking for specific amenities? Most rental search websites include amenity lists and search filters. Amenity filters help you quickly remove less-optimal properties.
- Appropriate accessibility can make or break a vacation for those with limited mobility. Confirm all necessary amenities are included before booking.
More tips for your stay:
- Store the manager's information in your smartphone and wallet.
- Ask questions. You may want instructions for a garage door opener, A/V setup or thermostat. Contact your property manager. They are there to help! A brief phone call prevents a lot of issues.
- Ensure you protect the property owner (and your stuff!) by keeping the rental locked up when you are gone, just like you would back home.
- Record any damages to the property at check in, and immediately contact the owner. We especially recommend texts and e-mails, as they usually contain built-in time stamps that can be beneficial if a dispute is filed.
- Be a good neighbor! You wouldn't like obnoxious vacationers disrupting your peaceful home. Practice the golden rule for best judgement. Happy residents may even recommend great beaches and scenic spots you would have not otherwise known!
- Don't forget to... Ask a local resident! Local residents can often point you in the right direction. Who better to ask where to grab the best tacos, have a great night on the town, or the best spots for bird watching?
- Don't leave anything behind! Just before departing, take a walk through the rental to confirm you've collected all personal items. Check dressers, closets, and bathrooms for hidden belongings. Clean out the refrigerator and take or dispose of leftovers.
- Walk through the property a final time and scan for damages to contents or the property itself. We recommend inspecting the property with the property manager whenever possible. If the host is not available, take video and pictures of the rental to record its condition at check-out.
- Did your group have a wonderful time? Many rental websites make it easy for guests to provide reviews. If your property and/or host was great, they would love to hear it. If anything was imperfect and they failed to correct it in a reasonable manner, or if the vacation rental wasn't as described, you'll want to make it a point as part of your comments.
- Charleston Museum - 0.2 miles
- Joseph Manigault House - 0.3 miles
- William Aiken House - 0.3 miles
- Marion Square - 0.4 miles
- Fort Sumter - 0.5 miles
- South Carolina Aquarium Charleston - 0.5 miles
- Kahal Kadosh Beth Elohim - 0.7 miles
- City Market - 0.9 miles