- As low as $362/Night
- 1 Bedrooms
- 1 Bathrooms
- Sleeps 4
- 1 bathroom
- 1 bedroom
- Air conditioning
- Bed sheets provided
- Car recommended
- Coffee/tea maker
- Concierge services
- Fire extinguisher
- Hair dryer
- Housekeeping (on request)
- Iron/ironing board
- No pets allowed
- On the river
- Sleeps 4
- Smoke-free property
- Towels provided
- Unit size: 434 sq ft (40 sq m)
- Washing machine and dryer
- WiFi available
About this Property
- Sleeps 4
- 1 Bedrooms
- 1 Bathrooms
- Approximately 434 SQUARE_FEET
- Parties and events are permitted (restrictions apply)
- Non-smoking property
- Pets welcome (restrictions apply)
- No children allowed
*** Sanitation/Cleaning Update ***
Bluegreen Resorts take great pride in meeting industry standards of cleanliness and safety in our resorts. They take great pride in meeting industry standards of cleanliness and safety at our resorts and continue to follow the CDC’s guidelines for sanitation and education.
GRAND AND EXTAORDINARILY MARVELOUS~
This handsome boutique property blends modern lines with traditional architectural elements unique to Charleston, South Carolina.
Approximately 434 square feet, this Studio Standard features 1 King Bed and 1 Couch Bed in the living area including a full kitchen, and bathroom. min. of 4 occupants.
Additional amenities include: internet access (wi-fi), cable T.V., coffee maker, microwave, refrigerator and iron/ironing board.
All our luxury resorts use a system called Allocate Upon Arrival which means the actual suite you will be assigned to is given upon check-in. These photos are a combination of all the different suites on site. If you have a floor, unit or building number that you would like to stay in, please do not hesitate to ask. The full-time on-site reservation check-in staff is happy to do their best to accommodate your request. Please note since we do not place you in an exact unit and this is done by the front desk staff, we cannot guarantee the requests, but will do our best to make sure they are accommodated. If your reservation is more than 4 nights you may be assigned to a new suite for housekeeping purposes. Keeping our suites up to luxury standard is our top priority.
The person checking in must be 21 years of age (or older). With this notion, please prepare a VALID ID and credit card in your name. A $100 Pre-Authorization from any major credit card upon checking in is required. Cash is not accepted. After purchase you will receive an e-mail confirmation showing your name on the reservation as the guest checking in within 14 days of check in date. Please bring a valid form of Picture ID. However, if you would like to change the name of the person checking in after you have included this information, there will be a $99.00 name change fee. Any damages will be charge upon check-out.
The check- in time is 4 p.m. ET, and check-out time is 10 a.m. ET. The nearest airport to King 583 is Charleston International (CHS) which is 13 miles by car respectively. Reminder for late check-in procedures: Telephone resort if arriving past 11 p.m.
Please note by purchasing this listing you agree that there may be a chance for an 'Upgrade' to your unit for a bigger unit that will fit the same amount of people, if this becomes available we will upgrade your room without question and complimentary of charge.
Hence, if you have any concerns, our office hours are open 24 hours to respond to your requests. For here at King 583, we ensure that your stay is comfortable and well-served to your satisfaction.
*** Parking Policy ***
Limited on-site parking is $23 for owners and $38 for non-owners. Valet hours: 7 a.m. to 11 p.m. One car per reservation. We cannot accommodate trailers, RVs, motorbikes or over sized cars. In case our garage is full, Charleston offers many public parking options. No shuttle service available. For our special needs guests: we are not able to extend complimentary parking on site. However, cars with handicap decals may be eligible for complimentary parking at local public garages.
*** Pet Policy ***
No family pets allowed. Subject to $300 fine.
*** Smoking Policy ***
No smoking inside, including electronic cigarettes. Subject to $300 fine, unless if it's in a designated area.
About the Area
Located on a river, this apartment is in Downtown Charleston, a neighborhood in Charleston. Music Farm and Charleston Music Hall are cultural highlights, and travelers looking to shop may want to visit Upper King Design District and Shops at Charleston Place. Looking to enjoy an event or a game while in town? See what's going on at TD Arena, or consider a night out at Historic Rice Mill.
Be prepared: check the latest COVID-19 travel requirements and measures in place for this destination before you travel.
Know Before you Go
A car is recommended for transportation to and from this property
- Pets not allowed
How to get the best Charleston area vacation rental experience:
When to reserve a Charleston area rental home & When to go:
- Summer months are the most expensive season in the Charleston area area. To get the best value, change your trip dates to the Spring or Fall shoulder seasons. May, September, and even October offer warm temperatures, less crowded beaches, and reduced traffic. Many vacationers use this method to find larger homes within budget, or to reserve a beach front vacation rental that would otherwise be unavailable or unaffordable during June, July, and August. Speaking of the off-season, don't overlook the holidays for a Charleston area vacation! Who wouldn't love a holiday vacation on the coast? Thanksgiving and Christmas are great times to gather with loved ones at your favorite beach.
- Book your vacation home as soon as possible. Rental schedules often open twelve months in advance (or in September just after the Summer season ends). Many families reserve their Summer rental homes during Christmas and Thanksgiving get-togethers. Reserve before these holidays for best selection.
- Some owners offer discounts for veterans and active duty military. It's always a good idea to check with your host or property manager to see if special offers are available for your group before you book.
- Management companies and individual rental owners frequently offer renters an option to buy trip insurance protection. Trip insurance, which usually will cost between 1% - 5% of the base reservation price, offers visitors reimbursement of their vacation costs for missed days as a result of medical-related issues or weather, as well as ensuing additional hurricane evacuation costs or charges, such as an unanticipated hotel stay or additional fuel expenses. Trip insurance might be a a welcome relief if the unforeseen happens. Ask the property owner for additional information.
- Look for your local Charleston area visitors guide magazine upon checking in. If your rental doesn't have one, you can find them at local shops and visitor centers. In addition to great local information, visitors guide magazines have offers and deals for nearby accommodations, restaurants and tours.
Finding the perfect rental in Charleston:
- Begin by selecting trip dates and a spending budget.
- Decide how many bedrooms and the configuration your group requires. Classy King 583, Studio Standard has 1 bedrooms and 1 bathrooms.
- Specific descriptions of bedrooms and bed types is often accessible on booking websites. If not, email or call the host before you book your rental. Remember that most listings specify maximum guest capacity, which usually includes pull-out couches and bunk beds. You'll need to establish what is right for your trip.
- Visiting for a specific event or attraction? Use a map search to browse nearby rentals.
- Appropriate accessibility can make or ruin a vacation for persons with disabilities. .
- Some rentals allow pets, and others do not. Acceptable types of dog or cat, size and breeds may be restricted, and added fees may apply. Ask the host about allowable pet guidelines before booking.
- Be sure you get the host's contact number and entry/exit procedures for your .
- During arrival, make note of any issues with the rental property and immediately alert the owner. Record all coorespondence.
- Ask questions. You may want instructions for a fireplace, A/V setup or WIFI setup. Contact your owner. They are there to help! A brief phone call can prevent quite a few concerns.
- Be respectful. Frequently, nearby homes are filled by permanent residents. Respecting late-night quiet hours and parking rules is the right thing to do.
- Don't forget to... Ask a local resident! Residents can usually help. Who better to ask where to find the fresh catch of the day, have a great night on the town, or the best spots for shopping?
- Lock your rental home while you're out. Protect your property!
- Re-check the property to confirm that you've packed everything at check-out. Make sure to check bathrooms, dressers, and closets for hidden treasure. Clean out the refrigerator and take any leftovers home.
- Record a video to document the condition of the property.
- Did your family have a fantastic time? Most rental managers make it easy for clients to provide comments. If your rental and/or property manager was wonderful, they would love to hear about it. If anything was wrong and they failed to correct it in a reasonable manner, or if the vacation rental wasn't as described, you'll want to make it a point as part of your comments.
- William Aiken House - 0.3 miles
- Charleston Museum - 0.3 miles
- Joseph Manigault House - 0.4 miles
- Marion Square - 0.5 miles
- Kahal Kadosh Beth Elohim - 0.9 miles
- Johnson Hagood Stadium - 0.9 miles
- Fort Sumter - 0.9 miles
- South Carolina Aquarium Charleston - 0.9 miles
- City Market - 1.0 miles
- Gibbes Museum of Art - 1.1 miles
Ready to book Classy King 583, Studio Standard?Book Online Get Information Call: