- As low as $99/Night
- 2 Bedrooms
- 2 Bathrooms
- Sleeps 2
- 2 bathrooms
- 2 bedrooms
- Air conditioning
- All-in-one washer and dryer
- Bathtub or shower
- Bed sheets provided
- Carbon monoxide detector
- Deadbolt lock
- Desk chair
- Dining table
- Fence around the pool
- Fire extinguisher
- First aid kit
- Free WiFi
- Hair dryer
- Hardwood flooring in public areas
- If you have requests for specific accessibility needs, please contact the property using the information on the reservation confirmation received after booking.
- Iron/ironing board
- Laundry detergent
- Living room
- Near a hospital
- Near laundromat
- No pets allowed
- Onsite parking
- Paper towels
- Self parking on site (surcharge)
- Smart TV
- Smoke detector
- Smoke-free property
- Sofa bed
- Toilet paper
- Towels provided
- Unit size: 644 sq ft (60 sq m)
- Washing machine and dryer
About this Property
- Sleeps 2
- 2 Bedrooms
- 2 Bathrooms
- Approximately 644 square feet
Welcome to 40 Bee! We are located in the Cannonborough Elliottborough neighborhood of the downtown district across the street from MUSC, making this the prime locstion for students and medical professions. Whether you are traveling for business or enjoyment, looking to marvel in the historic appeal of Charleston or bury your feet in the sand at the local beaches, our comfortable 644sqft condo is most suitable for no more than two adults and we are centrally located to everything you will want to see or do while visiting Charleston.
Our complex is just across the street from the Medical University of South Carolina and a short distance from the College of Charleston and Citadel. And while you can walk nearly anywhere and appreciate the handsome streets of Charleston, there are also a variety of ubers, bicycle taxis and buses that can get you down to King Street for a day of shopping and dining or to the Battery, White Point Garden and Charleston Waterfront Park.
For those who are looking to spend some time on the water, Folly Beach is just 10 miles away or 15 miles in the other direction is the Isle of Palms. Shem Creek in Mt. Pleasant is also within a 10 min. drive and full of activity whether you stop in at one of the local eateries/bars or just want to walk the boardwalk and catch a glimpse of dolphins and shrimp boats coming in from a long day of catching. A Shem Creek sunset should not be missed! Fort Sumter, Patriot's Point and the South Carolina Aquarium are close by as well!
If time doesn't allow for you to tread too far from the condo, walk across the street to the urban garden where you can relax on a bench and savor the handsome flowers and plants. A short little walk at nighttime with the glowing led lights hanging from the huge oak trees is a great way to relax for the evening.
Our unit is located on the top floor of the building which is the 4th floor and there is an elevator if you don't feel like going up the steps. The entire condo has been newly refreshed with fresh paint and wood floor throughout, resurfaced ceilings and granite countertops. The main bathroom has a new bath/shower combo with granite tile and the second bathroom shower has been updated with ceramic tile!
A washer/dryer combo is available for our guests to use in the condo. *Use at your own risk as we are not responsible for stained or damaged clothing. Please be aware that while this appliance was just purchased, it is a very modest washer/dryer combo and does take time to complete a cycle so if you have a lot of laundry or bigger items to wash, there is a laundry room on the ground floor of the property that has instructions for use and payment.
There is a starter set of supplies including toilet paper, dishwasher tablets, laundry detergent, trash bags, coffee with creamers and tea to get your stay started. Please bring more supplies along with your personal hygiene products such as shampoo and conditioner as those are not included.
PLEASE NOTE: Due to being right across the street from the hospital, there may be noise at different hours of the day on occassion from sirens and the emergency helicopter on occasion. We also suggest you get a P.O. Box if you will need to receive mail as our complex only uses locked mailboxes for long term tenants.
One parking spot is available during your stay and there will be a parking pass for you on the tray underneath the TV once you arrive. This pass MUST be displayed hanging from the rearview mirror of your car during the entire length of your stay. If you do not display a pass you will be towed and fined at your own expense.
***PLEASE RETURN THE PARKING PASS TO THE CONDO BEFORE YOU LEAVE AS OUR NEXT GUESTS WILL NEED IT. IF THE PASS IS LOST OR NOT RETURNED YOU WILL BE CHARGED $150, THE PRICE OF GETTING A NEW PARKING PASS***
*Please be respectful of your neighbors at all times and no events.
*Minimum age to book is 21
*The max. occupancy of our unit is 2. Only registered guests are allowed in the property and the person who made the reservation must be staying at the property all times and is responsible for their guests during their visit.
*No smoking/vaping in the condo.
*No family pets of any kind are allowed.
*This property features an exterior security ring doorbell camera that records when sensing motion or sound.
*No tampering with wifi or camera
About the Area
This condo is located in Downtown Charleston, a neighborhood in Charleston. Music Farm and Charleston Music Hall are cultural highlights, and some of the area's landmarks include Historic Rice Mill and Aiken-Rhett House Museum. Charleston Museum and South Carolina Aquarium are also worth visiting.
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy
- Pets not allowed
Rental property booking tips and tricks:
Get the best value:
- Book your rental as soon as possible. Rental schedules generally become available 12 months in advance (or in September just after the Summer season ends). Many families book their Summer vacations during Thanksgiving and Christmas gatherings. Reserve before these holidays for best selection.
- Summer is the most expensive season in Charleston. Reserving a rental home in Spring or Fall is an excellent way to save money on your rental home. Rental rates are lower, and you'll find a better selection of suitable homes. Many vacationers use this strategy to find larger homes within budget, or to reserve an oceanfront rental that would otherwise be unavailable during June, July, and August.
- Some property managers offer discounts for active duty military and veterans. It's always a good idea to check with your property manager to see if rate reductions are available for your family.
- Property managers typically offer renters an option to obtain trip insurance. Trip insurance, which normally will cost anywhere between 1% - 5% of the booking price, offers visitors reimbursement of their vacation costs for missed time as a result of personal medical-related emergencies or weather disasters, as well as evacuation charges, such as an unexpected hotel stay or extra fuel expenses. Trip insurance is definitely a welcome relief if the unforeseen occurs. Ask your property manager for details.
- Find a copy of your local visitors guide upon arrival. If your rental property doesn't have one, you can find them at local grocery stores, shopping centers, and visitor centers. In addition to great local information, visitors guide magazines contain offers and deals for nearby accommodations, restaurants and tours.
Use filters to search efficiently:
- Choose a designated group leader, select your vacation week, and select a spending budget.
- Decide how many bedrooms and what type of bedroom configuration your family needs. Deal! October Cancellation! MUSC, Historic Downtown, Beaches, Free Parking has 2 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms.
- Precise information about bedrooms and bed sizes & counts is almost always accessible on booking websites. If you don't see them listed, contact the host before you book the property. Note that most listings specify maximum guest capacity, which typically includes pull-out couches. You will need to determine what configuration is suitable for your trip.
- Are you traveling with furry, four-legged family members? Many vacation homes allow animals, but guidelines and restrictions apply. Type of pet, size and breeds may be limited. Remember to ask your host before booking, and study your agreement! Additional pet fees or charges could be applied to your contract.
- Is your group looking for unique amenities? Most rental websites include search filters with amenity lists. Amenity filters help you quickly remove less-optimal properties.
- Appropriate accessibility amenities can make or break a vacation for the less-mobile. Confirm all required amenities are included before booking.
Some things to know before you go:
- Add the host's information to your phone. Understand and take a copy of check in/check out procedures.
- Ask questions. You may want instructions for a hot tub, elevator or washer/dryer. Contact your owner. They are there to help! A brief call can prevent lots of concerns.
- Ensure you protect the owner (and your things!) by locking the rental while you are gone, just like you would at home.
- To make certain damages aren't linked to your visit, make a record of any problem areas during check in. Speak to the rental manager immediately to report any issues. If there is a dispute about who is responsible, having the recorded problems and contact attempts will be helpful.
- Be a good neighbor! You wouldn't like troublesome visitors disrupting your peaceful home. Use the golden rule for common sense. Happy residents may even recommend great local food and places you would've not otherwise known about!
- Speaking of neighbors... Ask a local resident! Locals can often help. Who better to ask where to go for the best drinks, have a great night out, or the best spots for shopping?
- Don't leave anything behind! Before departing, take a walk through the rental to reconfirm you've collected everything. Re-check closets, dressers, garages, and bathrooms for hidden treasure. Clean out the refrigerator and take or dispose of leftovers.
- Document the condition of the property at check-out. We recommend taking a video during your final walk-through.
- Leave feedback! Property owners rely on good reviews to stimulate future reservations. They'll be much obliged for your feedback. Alternatively, if something wasn't right, other vacationers will be thankful you shared your feedback and help them have the best future vacation. Please be fair with your feedback If something fell short of expectations, consider whether the owner could control the issue, and if so, whether they responded reasonably to fix it.
- Brittlebank Park - 0.5 miles
- City Marina - 0.5 miles
- William Aiken House - 0.5 miles
- Marion Square - 0.6 miles
- Joseph Manigault House - 0.7 miles
- Charleston Museum - 0.7 miles
- Kahal Kadosh Beth Elohim - 0.8 miles
- Johnson Hagood Stadium - 0.8 miles