- As low as $165/Night
- 2 Bedrooms
- 2 Bathrooms
- Sleeps 4
- 2 bathrooms
- 2 bedrooms
- Air conditioning
- Barbecue grill
- Basketball nearby
- Bed sheets provided
- Car not required
- Carbon monoxide detector
- Coffee/tea maker
- Deadbolt lock
- Electric car charging station on site
- Fire extinguisher
- First aid kit
- Fishing nearby
- Fitness facilities nearby
- Free WiFi
- Hair dryer
- Horse riding nearby
- In the city center
- Iron/ironing board
- Marina nearby
- Near a health or beauty spa
- Near a hospital
- Near laundromat
- Near outlet shopping
- Near the bay
- Near the sea
- No pets allowed
- Outdoor furniture
- Paper towels
- Porch or lanai
- Scuba diving nearby
- Sleeps 4
- Smart TV with cable/satellite service
- Smoke detector
- Smoke-free property
- Surfing/body boarding nearby
- Toilet paper
- Towels provided
- Travel crib
- Unit size: 800 sq ft (74 sq m)
- Washing machine and dryer
- Water park
- Water skiing nearby
- Wildlife and game walks nearby
- Windsurfing nearby
About this Property
- Sleeps 4
- 2 Bedrooms
- 2 Bathrooms
- Private vacation home
- Approximately 800 SQUARE_FEET
- Non-smoking property
- Pets welcome (restrictions apply)
- No children allowed
This freshly re-furnished unit offers all a family needs to have a safe, but fun get away in handsome Charleston. With complimentary parking, no shared surfaces or spaces, a entirely supplied kitchen and comfortable porch to relax on, we are confident this space will provide a restful reprieve from Charleston's hot summer sun.
This welcoming 2-bedroom, 2-bath garden level apartment offers visitors convenient access to all that Charleston has to offer. Housed in a historic Charleston single home constructed in the late 1800s, the apartment is steps from the city’s best stores and eateries and is comfortably walkable to MUSC and the College of Charleston.
The apartment newly underwent a full remodel, finished in spring 2017. Measuring just under 800 square feet, the apartment offers 2 bedrooms each featuring premium linens and its own full bathroom with shower. Thoughtful care has been put into crafting a clean and efficient space that offers all of the amenities of a boutique hotel (bath products, high-end towels and linens, hair dryers, iron, wi-fi, premium TV channels, etc.) with the added convenience of a full, chef-ready kitchen, washer/dryer, and a classic Charleston single-style porch for appreciating the nearly year-round cozy temperatures Charleston offers its visitors.
Free parking is offered for guests in a private parking lot located across from the apartment.
This apartment is on the lower level of the three-story property. The home features two additional units on the first and second floors, which can be rented in conjunction with this apartment for bigger groups. Please inquire if interested.
Visitors can shop for tailored menswear at Indigo & Cotton located directly across from the apartment; indulge in the city’s most appealing bakery – Sugar Bakeshop - located just across the street from the rental; and peruse the selection of handmade bags and leather goods at J. Stark, just down the block.
Many of the city’s most notable eateries are located in the Cannonborough-Elliotborough neighborhood, or an simple walk from the rental. In an October 2017 Thrillist article on where to eat in and around Charleston now – 11 of the 29 Charleston eateries listed are in painless walking distance to the home (the rest, an easy car or cab ride away): O-Ku, Callie’s Hot Little Biscuit, Chez Nous, The Darling Oyster Bar, The Grocery, Indaco, The Ordinary, Xiao Bao Biscuit, Warehouse, Chubby Fish.
Business License # BL007863-08-2017
About the Area
Located by the sea, this vacation home is in Downtown Charleston, a neighborhood in Charleston. Music Farm and Charleston Music Hall are cultural highlights, and some of the area's landmarks include Joseph Manigault House and Aiken-Rhett House. Traveling with kids? Consider Charleston Museum, or check out an event or a game at Joseph P. Riley, Jr. Park. Jet skiing and kayaking offer great chances to get out on the surrounding water, or you can seek out an adventure with mountain biking and ecotours nearby.
Be prepared: check the latest COVID-19 travel requirements and measures in place for this destination before you travel.
Know Before you Go
A car is not required for transportation to and from this property
- Pets not allowed
How to find the best Charleston vacation rental experience:
Money saving strategies:
- Reserve your rental as early as possible. Rental schedules generally become available 12 months in advance (or in September just after the Summer season ends). Many families reserve their Summer vacations during Thanksgiving and Christmas gatherings. Reserve before these holidays for best selection.
- June, July, and August are high season in Charleston. Reserve your Charleston area rental in Fall or Spring months to enjoy gorgeous weather while saving money and avoiding crowded roads, restaurants, and activities.
- Active Duty and veterans of the US Armed forces may be qualified for special discounts. Be sure to ask your prospective property manager if your family qualifies for a price reduction or discount.
- Booking websites usually offer guests an option to buy trip insurance protection. Trip insurance, which normally costs 1% - 5% of the base reservation price, offers visitors reimbursement of costs for days missed as a result of personal medical-related emergencies or weather, as well as ensuing additional hurricane evacuation costs, such as an unanticipated hotel stay or additional gasoline expenses. Trip insurance might be a a welcome relief if the unforeseen happens. Ask the property owner for more information.
- Often, rental management companies supply Charleston area area visitor guides which include money-saving deals, either offered independently by local companies, or by way of a relationship with the property management company and the business itself. You can also find visitors guide and coupon books at local grocery stores, shopping centers, and visitor centers.
Choosing the best rental in the Charleston area area:
- Select your dates and max budget.
- Decide how many bedrooms and the configuration your family requires. Garden Retreat - Perfect for Small Families has 2 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms.
- Precise descriptions of bedrooms and bed counts & types is generally available online. Otherwise, contact the property owner before booking the home. Remember that most listings specify the maximum guest capacity, which usually includes sofa beds.
- Some rentals allow pets, but others do not. Allowable types of dog or cat, weight and breeds may be restricted, and additional costs may apply. Ask your host about pet restrictions before booking.
- Are you looking for specific amenities? Most websites include search filters with amenity lists. Amenity filters help you quickly remove less-optimal properties.
- Suitable accessibility amenities can make or ruin a vacation for guests that require the use of a wheelchair. Make certain to inquire about specialized equipment and wheel chair accessibility.
Have a wonderful stay:
- Take a copy of the property manager's phone number and check in/check out procedures for your rental property. Put the host's information in your smartphone.
- Property managers are there to help! Don't be shy to ask any questions during your stay.
- Protect the rental owner (and your stuff!) by locking the rental when you are away, just like you would at home.
- Upon arrival, document any issues with the property and immediately alert the host. Record all coorespondence.
- Respecting quiet hours and parking regulations can make a stay significantly more pleasurable. You'll increase your chance to make local friends, and resident neighbors are an incredible source for finding the best local scenic spots.
- Don't forget to... Ask a local resident! Local residents can often help you find exactly what you're looking for. Who better to ask where to get the best seafood, have a great night out, or the best spots for fishing?
- On check-out day, complete a final walk-through to make sure you haven't forget any personal items. Remember to check bathrooms, dressers, and closets for hidden belongings. Clean the refrigerator and take or dispose of leftovers.
- Inspect the property a final time and look for damage. We suggest inspecting the property with the host whenever possible. If the manager is not available, ensure that you take photos and video of the property to record its condition at check-out.
- Leave a review! Hosts rely on excellent ratings to stimulate more bookings. They'll be much obliged for your review. Alternatively, if something went awry, other vacationing families will be thankful you shared your experience and help them have the best future vacation. Please be objective. If something fell short of expectations, consider whether the property manager had any control over the issue, and if so, whether they responded quickly to remedy it.
- Johnson Hagood Stadium - 0.5 miles
- City Marina - 0.6 miles
- Brittlebank Park - 0.6 miles
- William Aiken House - 0.7 miles
- The Citadel - 0.9 miles
- Marion Square - 0.9 miles
- Charleston Museum - 0.9 miles
- Joseph Manigault House - 0.9 miles