- As low as $742/Night
- 2 Bedrooms
- 2 Bathrooms
- Sleeps 4
- 2 bathrooms
- 2 bedrooms
- Air conditioning
- Barbecue grill
- Basketball nearby
- Bed sheets provided
- Car not required
- Carbon monoxide detector
- Deadbolt lock
- Ecotours nearby
- Electric car charging station on site
- Electric kettle
- Fire extinguisher
- First aid kit
- Fishing nearby
- Fitness facilities nearby
- Free WiFi
- Hair dryer
- Ice skating nearby
- In the city center
- Iron/ironing board
- Living room
- Near a health or beauty spa
- Near a hospital
- Near laundromat
- Near outlet shopping
- Near the bay
- Near the sea
- No pets allowed
- Onsite parking
- Outdoor furniture
- Porch or lanai
- Power boating nearby
- Scuba diving nearby
- Sleeps 4
- Smart TV with cable/satellite service
- Smoke detector
- Smoke-free property
- Swimming nearby
- Toilet paper
- Towels provided
- Travel crib
- Unit size: 800 sq ft (74 sq m)
- Washing machine and dryer
- Water park
- Water skiing nearby
- Windsurfing nearby
About this Property
- Sleeps 4
- 2 Bedrooms
- 2 Bathrooms
- Private vacation home
- Approximately 800 square feet
This freshly re-furnished unit offers all a family needs to have a safe, but fun get away in charming Charleston. With complimentary parking, no shared surfaces or spaces, a entirely outfitted kitchen and comfortable porch to relax on, we are confident this space will provide a restful reprieve from Charleston's hot summer sun.
This welcoming 2-bedroom, 2-bath garden level apartment offers visitors convenient access to all that Charleston has to offer. Housed in a historic Charleston single home constructed in the late 1800s, the apartment is steps from the city’s best stores and eateries and is comfortably walkable to MUSC and the College of Charleston.
The apartment newly underwent a full remodel, finished in spring 2017. Measuring just under 800 square feet, the apartment offers 2 bedrooms each featuring premium linens and its own full bathroom with shower. Thoughtful care has been put into crafting a clean and efficient space that offers all of the amenities of a boutique hotel (bath products, high-end towels and linens, hair dryers, iron, wi-fi, premium TV channels, etc.) with the added convenience of a full, chef-ready kitchen, washer/dryer, and a classic Charleston single-style porch for appreciating the nearly year-round cozy temperatures Charleston offers its visitors.
Free parking is offered for guests in a private parking lot located across from the apartment.
This apartment is on the lower level of the three-story property. The home features two additional units on the first and second floors, which can be rented in conjunction with this apartment for bigger groups. Please inquire if interested.
Visitors can shop for tailored menswear at Indigo & Cotton located directly across from the apartment; indulge in the city’s most striking bakery – Sugar Bakeshop - located just across the street from the rental; and peruse the selection of handmade bags and leather goods at J. Stark, just down the block.
Many of the city’s most notable eateries are located in the Cannonborough-Elliotborough neighborhood, or an painless walk from the rental. In an October 2017 Thrillist article on where to eat in and around Charleston now – 11 of the 29 Charleston eateries listed are in simple walking distance to the home (the rest, an easy car or cab ride away): O-Ku, Callie’s Hot Little Biscuit, Chez Nous, The Darling Oyster Bar, The Grocery, Indaco, The Ordinary, Xiao Bao Biscuit, Warehouse, Chubby Fish.
Business License # BL007863-08-2017
About the Area
Located by the sea, this vacation home is in Downtown Charleston, a neighborhood in Charleston. Charleston City Market and Charleston Music Hall are local landmarks, and the area's natural beauty can be seen at Fort Sumter and Fort Moultrie National Historical Park and Marion Square. Traveling with kids? Consider Patriots Point, or check out an event or a game at Joseph P. Riley, Jr. Park. Jet skiing and kayaking offer great chances to get out on the surrounding water, or you can seek out an adventure with ecotours and horse riding nearby.
Be prepared: check the latest COVID-19 travel requirements and measures in place for this destination before you travel.
Know Before you Go
A car is not required for transportation to and from this property
- Pets not allowed
Tricks and tips to get the perfect vacation property experience:
Find your perfect vacation home:
- June, July, and August are high season in the Charleston area area. Booking a rental in Fall or Spring is a good way to save money on your rental home. Rental rates are lower, and you'll find a better selection of acceptable properties.
- In the Charleston area area, The earlier your group can book a rental home, the easier your search will be. The best properties are booked early. Reserving your vacation rental up to 12 months before your travel dates is recommended. Winter holidays are excellent times to search for and book your rental.
- Active Duty and veterans of the US Armed forces may be qualified for special discounts. Be sure to ask your prospective vacation rental company or host whether your vacationing group qualifies for a price reduction or discount.
- Property managers frequently offer customers an option to add trip insurance protection. Trip insurance, which will generally cost between 1% - 5% of the reservation price, offers visitors reimbursement of their vacation costs for any missed vacation time as a result of personal medical-related issues or weather, as well as ensuing additional hurricane evacuation costs, such as an unexpected hotel stay or extra fuel expenses. Trip insurance is definitely a welcome relief if the unforeseen occurs. Ask your host for more information.
- Look for your local visitors guide when you check-in. If your rental home doesn't have a copy, you can find them at local shops and visitor centers. In addition to great information, visitors guides have deals for local accommodations, tours and attractions.
How to choose and book a perfectrental:
- Start by having your family choose a vacation week and a spending budget.
- Note the number bedrooms and the configuration your family needs. Garden Retreat - Perfect for Small Families has 2 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms.
- Precise details about bedrooms and bed counts & types is often available on booking pages. Otherwise, reach out to the host before you book the vacation property. Remember that most properties list the maximum guest capacity, which usually includes pull out couches in living rooms.
- Does your family require unique amenities? Most rental search websites include search filters for amenities. Use these to your advantage to find the perfect rental home.
- Proper accessibility can make or ruin a vacation for persons with a disability. .
- If your group is vacationing with pets, you will need a pet-friendly vacation rental. Request details on breed, size, and type restrictions. Note that some property owners require additional pet deposits and fees.
More tips for your visit:
- Add the owner's phone number to your phone. Understand and take a copy of check in/check out procedures.
- To make certain that damages aren't linked to your stay, inspect the property for any problem areas when you arrive. message the property manager right away to record any pre-existing damages. If there is a dispute about who is responsible, having a record of concerns and contact attempts will be valuable.
- Property managers are available to help! Feel free to ask any questions before, during, or after your stay.
- Be respectful. Often, adjacent homes are occupied by permanent residents. Respecting late-night quiet hours and parking regulations is the right thing to do.
- Speaking of neighbors... Ask a local resident! Residents can typically help you find the best spots in town. Who better to ask where to enjoy a steak with a view, have a great night on the town, or the best spots for fishing?
- Keep your rental home locked while you are out! Don't let thieves ruin your vacation.
- Don't leave anything behind! Just before departing, take a walk through the rental to confirm you've collected all personal belongings. Remember to check bathrooms, dressers, and closets for hidden belongings. Clean the refrigerator and take or dispose of leftovers.
- Record a video to document the condition of the property.
- Did you have a wonderful stay? Most rental websites make it easy for guests to provide reviews. If your property and/or host was wonderful, they would love to hear about it. If anything was inoperable and they failed to address it in a reasonable manner, or if the vacation rental wasn't described correctly, you'll want to make it a point as part of your review.
- Johnson Hagood Stadium - 0.5 miles
- City Marina - 0.6 miles
- Brittlebank Park - 0.6 miles
- William Aiken House - 0.7 miles
- The Citadel - 0.9 miles
- Marion Square - 0.9 miles
- Charleston Museum - 0.9 miles
- Joseph Manigault House - 0.9 miles
- City Market - 1.2 miles
- Gibbes Museum of Art - 1.2 miles
Ready to book Garden Retreat - Perfect for Small Families ?Book Online Get Information Call: