- 2 Bedrooms
- 1 Bathrooms
- Sleeps 4
- 1 bathroom
- 1 total (up to 50 lbs per pet)
- 2 bedrooms
- Air conditioning
- Basketball nearby
- Bed sheets provided
- Coffee/tea maker
- Desk chair
- Dining table
- Fitness facilities nearby
- Free WiFi
- Golf privileges
- Ice maker
- In the city center
- Iron/ironing board
- Jet skiing nearby
- Near a health or beauty spa
- Near a hospital
- Near a zoo
- Near laundromat
- Near outlet shopping
- Near the beach
- On the waterfront
- Onsite parking
- Pet friendly
- Power boating nearby
- Scuba diving nearby
- Smart TV
- Smoke-free property
- Snorkeling nearby
- Swimming nearby
- Toilet paper
- Towels provided
- Washing machine and dryer
- Water park
- Water skiing nearby
- Water tubing nearby
- Windsurfing nearby
About this Property
- Sleeps 4
- 2 Bedrooms
- 1 Bathrooms
- Private vacation home
Walkable location to everything downtown has to offer. King St. bar scene, college campuses and Hampton Park all within ten mins. walk, with MUSC just around the corner. A coffee shop, wellness center, corner store, flower shop, tapas restaurant and bar literally next door! Within a two block radius you will be overwhelmed with magnificant restaurant options. Wifi, parking, laundry, work spaces and outdoor space all on premises. Only a 10 min. drive to the beach. NEVER floods on our block!
The first record of this home was in 1890. We have done definitely everything we can to preserve and highlight all of the historic appeal, while simultaneously updating with fun modern amenities. This decor of this home reflects that, with an eclectic mix of Victorian, mid century, and modern aesthetics.
This home is really charming. We were told when purchasing the home that at least 5 previous owners/tenants got married from living and meeting in the home.
In your space you will find two bedrooms, each outfitted with comfortable queen beds and spaces to work. Each bedroom also features a fireplace complete with the original mantles, refreshed light fixtures with remotes, and the original heart pine floors.
The kitchen and living rooms are separate, but do have an open floor plan, with plenty of room to stretch out. They feature the original heart pine beams and brick fireplace. The living room has a 55 inch intelligent TV with access to Apple TV. The kitchen has brand new appliances including a dishwasher, as well as butcherblock counters surrounding the stainless steel farmhouse sink.
The roomy bathroom was converted from porch space, so it still has the original bead board walls and ceiling and patina’d door. The vintage features are juxtaposed with a handsome walk in shower complete with a rain showerhead and wand, double vanity with granite counters, brand new washer and dryer, and ample storage.
The original stairwell features bead board panels and vintage wallpaper.
You will have private access to both the lower and upper porch, with dining space as well as a swinging day bed. The upstairs porch also features the original cast iron tub that we converted into a handsome garden accent.
All of the art, decor, and furnishings in the home were sourced locally. If you are curious if a piece is for sale, just ask!
Much of what you find in this home is one-of-a-kind, so please keep that in mind during your stay!
About the Area
Located on the waterfront, this vacation home is in Downtown Charleston, a neighborhood in Charleston. American Theater and Music Farm are cultural highlights, and some of the area's attractions include Charleston Museum and South Carolina Aquarium. Looking to enjoy an event or a game while in town? See what's happening at Joseph P. Riley, Jr. Park or TD Arena. Be sure to check out the area's animals with activities such as game walks and birdwatching.
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy
- Pets allowed
- 1 total (up to 50 lbs per pet)
- Restrictions apply
- For more information contact the property at the number on the booking confirmation
- Service animals are welcome, and are exempt from fees
Tips to get the optimal vacation rental experience:
Getting the best rental value:
- To find the most suitable vacation home within budget, we suggest booking in the Spring or Fall. You'll benefit from lower rates, greater selection, beautiful weather and the absence of large crowds at Charleston area restaurants, beaches, and activities.
- The earlier you can book a rental home, the better your selection will be. The most desirable vacation homes are reserved early. Reserving your vacation property 6-12 months before your vacation dates is recommended. Holiday gatherings are excellent times to plan and reserve your vacation rental.
- Active Duty and veterans of the US Armed forces may be qualified for special discounts. Be sure to ask your prospective vacation rental company or host whether your group qualifies for a price reduction.
- Booking websites frequently offer customers an option to buy trip insurance protection. Trip insurance, which will generally cost between 1% - 5% of the stay price, offers visitors reimbursement of costs for any days missed as a result of personal medical-related issues or weather, as well as evacuation costs, such as an unexpected hotel overnight or extra gas expenses. Trip insurance can be a a bank account-saver if the unforeseen occurs. Ask your host for program terms and fees.
- Find a copy of your local Charleston area visitors guide upon arrival. If your rental doesn't have one, you can find them at local grocery stores and visitor centers. In addition to great articles, travel guides have money saving offers on local tours and attractions.
Finding the best vacation rental in the Charleston area area:
- Select a group lead, select your vacation week, and choose a budget.
- Best Block DT has 2 bedrooms and 1 bathrooms. If you need a larger or smaller rental, use our search.
- Precise information about bedrooms and bed counts is commonly accessible online. If you don't see them listed, contact the property manager before reserving your rental. Note that most property listings specify the maximum guest capacity, which frequently includes pull-out couches.
- If there's an individual Charleston area attraction you are crazy about, look for rentals that are either close by, or those that cater to your needs.
- Suitable accessibility amenities can make or ruin a vacation for guests with disabilities. .
- Some rental properties allow pets, but others do not. Acceptable types of pet, size and breeds may be restricted, and additional charges may apply. Ask the property management company about allowable breeds and types before booking.
Tips to have a fantastic stay:
- We recommend storing the host's contact information in your smartphone.
- At Check-in, document any issues with the rental property and immediately alert the property manager. Keep records of all coorespondence.
- Ask questions. You may need instructions for a hot tub, intercom or washer/dryer. Contact your property manager. They are there to help! A brief call can prevent a lot of concerns.
- Be a good neighbor! You wouldn't like disrespectful vacationers bothering your home life. Employ the golden rule for best judgement. Happy residents may even recommend great local food and places you would've never otherwise known!
- Speaking of neighbors... Ask a local! Neighbors can frequently help you find the best spots in town. Who better to ask where to charter a fishing boat, have a great night on the town, or the best spots for fishing?
- Keep the property locked while you're away! Don't let crooks spoil your trip.
- Double-check every room of the vacation property to make sure that you've packed everything at check-out. Make sure to check dressers, closets, and bathrooms for hidden items. Remove everything from the refrigerator and take or dispose of leftovers.
- Inspect the rental one final time and keep an eye out for damage. We advise walking through with the property manager whenever you can. If the manager is not available, ensure that you take pictures of the rental to record its condition.
- Remember to leave a review! Hosts rely on great ratings to propel new reservations. They'll be thankful for your review. Alternatively, if something wasn't right, other vacationers will will be grateful for your review find their best vacation rental. Remember to be objective. If something fell short of expectations, consider whether the owner could control the issue, and if so, whether they responded expeditiously to remedy it.
- Johnson Hagood Stadium - 0.5 miles
- William Aiken House - 0.6 miles
- Charleston Museum - 0.7 miles
- City Marina - 0.8 miles
- Brittlebank Park - 0.8 miles
- Joseph Manigault House - 0.8 miles
- Hampton Park - 0.8 miles
- The Citadel - 0.8 miles