- As low as $200/Night
- 2 Bedrooms
- 1 Bathrooms
- Sleeps 4
- 1 bathroom
- 1 per room (up to 50 lbs per pet)
- 2 bedrooms
- Air conditioning
- Bed sheets provided
- Birdwatching nearby
- Coffee/tea maker
- Desk chair
- Dining table
- Fishing nearby
- Fitness facilities nearby
- Free WiFi
- Golf nearby
- Golf privileges
- Horse riding nearby
- Ice maker
- In the city center
- Iron/ironing board
- Kayaking nearby
- Marina nearby
- Near a health or beauty spa
- Near a hospital
- Near a zoo
- Near laundromat
- Near outlet shopping
- Near the beach
- On the waterfront
- Pet friendly
- Power boating nearby
- Sailing nearby
- Sleeps 4
- Smart TV
- Smoke-free property
- Toilet paper
- Towels provided
- Washing machine and dryer
- Water park
- Windsurfing nearby
About this Property
- Sleeps 4
- 2 Bedrooms
- 1 Bathrooms
- Private vacation home
- Non-smoking property
- Pets welcome (restrictions apply)
Walkable location to everything downtown has to offer. King St. bar scene, college campuses and Hampton Park all within ten mins. walk, with MUSC just around the corner. A coffee shop, wellness center, corner store, flower shop, tapas restaurant and bar literally next door! Within a two block radius you will be overwhelmed with impressive restaurant options. Wifi, parking, laundry, work spaces and outdoor space all on premises. Only a 10 min. drive to the beach. NEVER floods on our block!
The first record of this home was in 1890. We have done definitely everything we can to preserve and highlight all of the historic appeal, while simultaneously updating with fun modern amenities. This decor of this home reflects that, with an eclectic mix of Victorian, mid century, and modern aesthetics.
This home is really charming. We were told when purchasing the home that at least 5 previous owners/tenants got married from living and meeting in the home.
In your space you will find two bedrooms, each outfitted with comfortable queen beds and spaces to work. Each bedroom also features a fireplace complete with the original mantles, refreshed light fixtures with remotes, and the original heart pine floors.
The kitchen and living rooms are separate, but do have an open floor plan, with plenty of room to stretch out. They feature the original heart pine beams and brick fireplace. The living room has a 55 inch intelligent TV with access to Apple TV. The kitchen has brand new appliances including a dishwasher, as well as butcherblock counters surrounding the stainless steel farmhouse sink.
The roomy bathroom was converted from porch space, so it still has the original bead board walls and ceiling and patina’d door. The vintage features are juxtaposed with a gorgeous walk in shower complete with a rain showerhead and wand, double vanity with granite counters, brand new washer and dryer, and ample storage.
The original stairwell features bead board panels and vintage wallpaper.
You will have private access to both the lower and upper porch, with dining space as well as a swinging day bed. The upstairs porch also features the original cast iron tub that we converted into a elegant garden accent.
All of the art, decor, and furnishings in the home were sourced locally. If you are curious if a piece is for sale, just ask!
Much of what you find in this home is one-of-a-kind, so please keep that in mind during your stay!
About the Area
Located on the waterfront, this vacation home is in Downtown Charleston, a neighborhood in Charleston. Charleston Music Hall and Joseph Manigault House are local landmarks, and some of the area's activities can be experienced at Port of Charleston Cruise Terminal and Harborage at Ashley Marina. Looking to enjoy an event or a game while in town? See what's happening at Joseph P. Riley, Jr. Park or TD Arena. Be sure to check out the area's animals with activities such as game walks and birdwatching.
Be prepared: check the latest COVID-19 travel requirements and measures in place for this destination before you travel.
- Pets allowed
- 1 per room (up to 50 lbs per pet)
- Restrictions apply
- For more information contact the property at the number on the booking confirmation
Tips for getting the best Charleston vacation home experience:
How to get the best rental value:
- June, July, and August are the most expensive months along the coast of SC. To get the best rental home within budget, we strongly suggest reserving in the Fall or Spring. You'll enjoy lower rates, better selection, gorgeous weather and the absence of giant crowds at Charleston area restaurants, tours, and activities.
- Book your vacation rental as soon as possible. Rental schedules often open twelve months in advance (or in September just after Summer ends). Many groups reserve their Summer vacations during Winter holiday gatherings. Book before these holidays for best selection.
- Some property managers offer promotional rates for veterans. Ask your property manager if rate reductions are available for your group.
- Management companies and individual rental owners typically offer their guests an option to add trip insurance. Trip insurance, which costs 1% - 5% of the base stay price, offers visitors reimbursement of their vacation costs for days missed as a result of medical-related issues or weather, as well as hurricane evacuation costs or charges, such as an unanticipated hotel or extra gasoline expenses. Trip insurance can be a a bank account-saver if the unforeseen occurs. Ask the property owner for details.
- Find a copy of your local Charleston area area magazine upon checking in. If your rental home doesn't have a copy, you can find them at local shops and visitor centers. In addition to great local articles, visitors guide magazines contain coupons for local restaurants, attractions, and tours.
Use filters to search efficiently:
- Select a group lead, select your vacation dates, and choose a maximum budget.
- Determine how many beds and what type of bedroom configuration you need. Historic Charm & Modern Amenities
- Specific descriptions of bedrooms and bed sizes & counts is almost always accessible on booking websites. Otherwise, email or call the property manager before you reserve your home. Note that most listings specify the maximum guest capacity, which oftentimes includes pull-out couches and bunk beds.
- Visiting for a specific attraction or event? Use a map search to find nearby properties.
- Appropriate accessibility amenities can make or break a vacation for the less-mobile. Remember to confirm all necessary amenities are included before booking
- If your group is traveling with pets, search for a pet-friendly property. Get information on breed, weight, and type restrictions. Often, property owners charge additional pet fees.
More tips for your stay:
- Get the host's phone number and arrival/departure procedures for your rental property.
- Upon arrival, note any issues with the property and immediately contact the owner. Record all correspondence just in case a dispute arises.
- Property managers are available to help! Feel free to ask any questions during your stay.
- Respect your neighbors. Often times, nearby homes are filled by local residents. Respecting late-night quiet hours and parking policies can make a stay significantly more pleasurable.
- Don't forget to... Ask a local resident! Neighbors can frequently point you in the right direction. Who better to ask where to get the best breakfast in town, have a great night on the town, or the best spots for crabbing?
- Keep the property locked while you're away! Don't let thieves ruin your holiday.
- Don't leave anything behind! Just before you drive away, take a walk through the rental to make sure you've collected all of your things. Re-check closets, dressers, garages, and bathrooms for hidden treasure. Clean the refrigerator and take any leftovers home.
- Record a video to document the condition of the property.
- Did you have a excellent time? Many rental websites make it easy for travelers to provide reviews. If your rental and/or property management company was wonderful, they always love to hear your praise. If anything was inoperable and they failed to address it within reason, or if the vacation rental wasn't as described, you'll want to make a note as part of your review.
- Johnson Hagood Stadium - 0.5 miles
- William Aiken House - 0.6 miles
- Charleston Museum - 0.7 miles
- City Marina - 0.8 miles
- Brittlebank Park - 0.8 miles
- Joseph Manigault House - 0.8 miles
- Hampton Park - 0.8 miles
- The Citadel - 0.8 miles