- As low as $324/Night
- 2 Bedrooms
- 1 Bathrooms
- Sleeps 4
- 1 bathroom
- 2 bedrooms
- Air conditioning
- Bed sheets provided
- Carbon monoxide detector
- Coffee/tea maker
- Fire extinguisher
- First aid kit
- Hair dryer
- In a village
- In the city center
- Iron/ironing board
- No pets allowed
- Sleeps 4
- Smoke detector
- Smoke-free property
- Towels provided
- TV with cable/satellite service
- Unit size: 730 sq ft (68 sq m)
- Washing machine and dryer
- WiFi available
About this Property
- Sleeps 4
- 2 Bedrooms
- 1 Bathrooms
- Private vacation home
- Approximately 730 square feet
Stay at our handsomely remodeled flagship property under The Dunes brand! We acquired this spectacular 1905 Charleston Victorian duplex home in the heart of the fashionable and trendy Cannonborough neighborhood in September 2019 and completely refreshed with professional interior design in January 2022. Just 2 blocks from King Street, this rear unit bungalow offers 2 bedrooms, each with a queen-sized bed, and 1 bathroom with tub.
This unit is completely licensed and legal with the City of Charleston under STR Operational Permit OP2022-02531 and business license BL028010.
This rear unit, Driftwood Cottage at the Dunes on Spring, is 730 square feet with 2 bedrooms and 1 bathroom. The polished pine wood floors are reminiscent of the early 1900s while the decor lends a chic and trendy ambiance. Bright and private, this bungalow features new appliances and a washer and dryer for a ideal home away from home.
Parking passes for one car are included for street parking and are good to park anywhere in the area. If guests have a second car, we can recommend close by parking garage options.
We provide starter supplies for your stay to include a modest shampoo, conditioner and body wash per person, 3 rolls of toilet paper per bathroom, 2 dishwasher tabs, modest bottle of dish soap, 1 roll of paper towels, 1 spare trash bag, 2 packs of coffee and a handful of modest creamers. After these initial supplies run out, we do not offer additional supplies. There are numerous convenience stores and grocery stores in the area for your convenience.
Parties and events are not allowed in this property.
Inquire for street parking. Free parking passes for one car are available.
The home is located in the heart of the beautiful and trendy Cannonborough district of Downtown Charleston. With its friendly neighbors, comfortable eateries, and tree-lined streets, our neighborhood will immerse you in Charleston's classic appeal. This home is ideal for a family or group seeking a fun and or calming vacation. Popular dining spots include Xiao Bao Biscuit, Fuel, Five Loaves, R Kitchen, Estadio, Pink Cactus, and the Warehouse for drinks. The home is mins. to the very trendy Upper King Street district where you will find a multitude of great stores, book stores, and fashion stores - as well as extraordinary eateries!
Inquire for street parking. Free parking passes are available.
You can walk anywhere and everywhere in Charleston, but just in case, here is a list of the top transportation services:
The DASH trolley is complimentary in Charleston. There are 3 routes, and two of the routes have stops just blocks from this property. More information can be found with the route map on the DASH website.
Uber & Lyft (less than $10 anywhere on the downtown peninsula)
Charleston Executive Limo
Charleston Bicycle Taxi
Other Things to Note:
Pet policy: As much as we adore the four-legged members of your family, we do not allow family pets at this property. Any sign of pets will incur additional costs starting at $500.
Please note that there is a noise ordinance in this neighborhood after 11pm daily, so if you are appreciating yourself please take the event inside and be considerate of the neighbors.
No smoking is allowed. Violators will be fined for in-room smoke damages. Smoking is only allowed outside of the property at least 10 feet away please.
Please note that this property does contain external security cameras at the driveway and entryways for your protection.
Please note that COVID-related cancellations are no longer honored. If a positive COVID diagnosis or exposure to COVID prohibits or alters the guest (or any individuals in the guest's group) from traveling to the property, the standard cancellation policy will remain in force. Should a guest choose to cancel their reservation under these circumstances, a refund will not be issued, and we shall have no liability with respect to the reservation.
Extenuating Circumstances Hurricane Policy: If a Mandatory Evacuation Order is issued by the Governor during the dates of your stay specifically for the county in which the property is located, the extenuating circumstances policy will be in effect, and we will refund any deposits or payments paid by the guest. We shall have no additional liability concerning the reservation. However, if a Mandatory Evacuation Order is NOT issued, then THE STANDARD CANCELLATION POLICY WILL REMAIN IN EFFECT SHOULD THE GUEST CHOOSE TO CANCEL THEIR RESERVATION. If inclement weather in any other part of the country or world during the dates of stay prohibits or alters the guest (or any individuals in the guest's group) from traveling to the property, a refund will not be issued, and we shall have no liability with respect to the reservation. During months where there is a potential for inclement weather, such as hurricane season, we strongly recommend guests purchase travel insurance.
Please be advised that by confirming your booking, you are agreeing to the Rental Agreement Policy terms posted publicly on our company website. Should you have any questions, please feel to contact us prior to booking.
Interaction with Guests:
Upon booking confirmation, guests receive the link to our digital guidebook and instructions for your stay. The digital guidebook contains a map of our properties, a list of local eateries and bars, and a list of things to do and sites to see. Also available directly on our website!
About the Area
Located in Charleston, this vacation home is in the city center. Patriots Point and Music Farm are cultural highlights, and travelers looking to shop may want to visit Charleston City Market and Upper King Design District. Looking to enjoy an event or a game while in town? See what's happening at Joseph P. Riley, Jr. Park or Charleston Gaillard Center.
Be prepared: check the latest COVID-19 travel requirements and measures in place for this destination before you travel.
- Pets not allowed
Tips for getting the best Charleston area rental experience:
When to go & When to reserve a rental home:
- Summer months are high season in Charleston. To book the largest rental within budget, we recommend booking in the Spring or Fall. You'll benefit from lower rental rates, better selection, warm weather and the absence of large crowds at popular attractions and restaurants. Many vacationers use this method to reserve larger homes, or to reserve a beach front vacation rental that would otherwise be unavailable or unaffordable during the Summer months. Speaking of the off-season, don't overlook Winter holidays for a Charleston area vacation! Who wouldn't love a holiday vacation on the coast? Thanksgiving and Christmas are great times to gather with loved ones at your favorite beach.
- In the Charleston area area, The sooner you can book, the better your selection will be. The best vacation rentals are booked very early. Reserving your vacation rental six - twelve months before your vacation dates is recommended. Winter holidays are excellent times to plan and reserve your rental.
- Some property management companies offer discounts for active duty military and veterans. Remember to ask your host or property manager if discounts are available for your family before you book.
- Property management companies frequently offer renters an option to obtain trip insurance. Trip insurance, which normally will cost between 1% - 5% of the base reservation price, offers visitors reimbursement of costs for any missed vacation time as a result of medical-related issues or weather, as well as evacuation costs or charges, such as an unexpected hotel or extra fuel expenses. Trip insurance might be a a welcome relief if the unforeseen occurs. Ask your host for program terms and fees.
- Find a copy of your local Charleston area visitors guide upon checking in. If your rental home doesn't have one, you can find them at local shops and visitor centers. In addition to great local information, visitors guide magazines contain discounts for local tours, shops, and attractions.
Choosing the perfect vacation rental in the Charleston area area:
- First and foremost, have your group commit to dates and a budget.
- Decide how many bedrooms and what type of bedroom configuration your family requires. C.1905 Fully Renovated Charming 2BD 1BA Bungalow has 2 bedrooms and 1 bathrooms. If you need a larger or smaller rental, use our rental home search.
- Specific information regarding bedrooms and bed counts is regularly accessible online. Otherwise, call the property manager before booking the rental. Remember that most listings specify maximum guest capacity, which often includes sofa beds and bunks.
- Is your group looking for unique amenities? Most rental websites include search filters for amenities. Filtering by amenity will allow you to quickly find the perfect rental.
- Proper accessibility amenities can make or break a vacation for persons with a disability. .
- Are you bringing the family pet? Although a number of vacation homes allow pets or animals, guidelines and costs vary per property. Allowable pet type, breed, and size are often limited. Remember to ask your host before booking, and study your agreement thoroughly! Extra fees or costs could be applied to your invoice.
During your stay:
- Add the host's contact information to your phone. Print and take a copy of arrival/departure procedures.
- To make sure that damages are not attributed to your visit, make a record of any problem areas upon check in. message the property manager immediately to document your findings. If there is a dispute about who is responsible, having a record of issues and contact attempts will be helpful.
- Ask questions. You may want instructions for a fireplace, elevator or WIFI setup. Contact your host. They are there to help! A brief telephone call can prevent lots of issues.
- Respecting late-night quiet hours and parking policies can make a stay more pleasurable. You will increase your chance to make some new local friends, and resident neighbors are often a fantastic source for finding the best local spots.
- Don't forget to... Ask a local! Locals can usually point you in the right direction. Who better to ask where to enjoy a steak with a view, have a great night on the town, or the best spots for shopping?
- Keep the property locked while you are out! Don't let crooks spoil your family vacation.
- Don't leave anything behind! Before you drive away, walk through the rental property to reconfirm you've collected everything. Make sure to check bathrooms, dressers, and closets for hidden items. Clean the refrigerator and take or dispose of leftovers.
- Inspect the rental a final time and scan for any damage. We suggest inspecting the property with the property manager whenever you can. If the host is not available, take photographs of the rental to record its condition.
- Remember to leave feedback! Property owners rely on great feedback to drive future reservations. They'll be thankful for your feedback. Alternatively, if something wasn't as described, other vacationers will be thankful you shared your experience find their best rental home. Remember to be objective. If something fell short of expectations, consider whether the host could control the issue, and if so, whether they responded expeditiously to remedy it.
- William Aiken House - 0.4 miles
- Charleston Museum - 0.5 miles
- Joseph Manigault House - 0.6 miles
- Marion Square - 0.6 miles
- Johnson Hagood Stadium - 0.7 miles
- Brittlebank Park - 0.9 miles
- Hampton Park - 0.9 miles
- City Marina - 0.9 miles
- City Market - 1.1 miles
- Gibbes Museum of Art - 1.1 miles
Ready to book C.1905 Fully Renovated Charming 2BD 1BA Bungalow?Book Online Get Information Call: