- As low as $106/Night
- 1 Bedrooms
- 1 Bathrooms
- Sleeps 2
- Available in all rooms: WiFi
- Available in some public areas: internet access
- Breakfast available for a fee
- Shared/communal pool
- Smoke-free property
About this Property
- Sleeps 2
- 1 Bedrooms
- 1 Bathrooms
- Bed & breakfast
- Approximately 216 square feet
Welcome to The Nicholas. Reimagined and remodeled in 2023, our guest rooms and suites provide a boutique, historic, and elevated experience.
The Nicholas provides a technology-forward guest experience. Our cleaning team is on site daily should you want your room refreshed. Our guest services team is intermittently at the property throughout the day. Our evening concierge is on site 2-8pm Thu/Fri/Sat and 2-6pm Sun/Mon. Our guest services team can be reached daily 8am-10pm via phone or text.
Carriage King Room
First floor rooms with king bed
204-216 sf, sleeps 2
The Nicholas has a carriage home that has been completely modernized and converted into two handsome rooms with king-sized beds on the first floor. These comfortable rooms feature the original exposed brick walls from the late 1700’s. Although upgraded to provide the modern amenities of daily life, the brick masonry, millwork, and other historic features have been ideally preserved and restored to offer guests all the chic and modern amenities you’d expect in your own home with the beauty and history of architecture that is over 225 years old. These rooms have spectacular and unique roof lines and the quality craftsmanship of the 18th century, while providing modern conveniences and upgrades for the best of both worlds.
The front door to your room opens to our outdoor terrace that offers a cozy sitting area where you can have your morning coffee, appreciate a glass of wine, or have a dip in our pool while taking in the gorgeous appeal of downtown Charleson’s historic landscape. The carriage home is comfortable and peaceful. It is an magnificant way to be in the action of the city while appreciating a feeling of seclusion and serenity.
Each of our guest rooms can be accessed by a keyless door code for ease of entry, and accepts for a zero-interaction check-in/check-out process. A door code specific to each guests’ stay will be supplied the day prior to your check-in. The other areas of the inn will be shared with other travelers. Breakfast is served daily in the common area lounge on the first floor. If you have any questions about directions or access to the property, our team would be happy to assist.
Located in the heart of downtown Charleston, this property offers the epitome of urban living. Just blocks away from the iconic King Street & College of Charleston, you'll find yourself in the midst of a thriving community, with an array of local stores and acclaimed eateries at your doorstep. Immerse yourself in the city's vibrant culture, take leisurely strolls through cobblestone streets, and savor the rich history of this gorgeous Southern city.
Each home is delightfully unique. The culinary scene for which Charleston has become so famed is just steps away. The exceptional eateries, shopping, and nightlife of King Street are close enough to walk, but far enough to not keep you up all nighttime.
You can walk anywhere and everywhere in Charleston, but just in case, here is a list of the top transportation services:
The DASH trolley is complimentary in Charleston. There are 3 routes, and two of the routes have stops just blocks from this property. More information can be found with the route map on the DASH website.
Uber & Lyft (generally less than $10 anywhere on the downtown peninsula)
Charleston Executive Limo
Charleston Bicycle Taxi
Other Things to Note:
Epicurean Grab+Go Breakfast
Our guests have a lot to do and see in their visit to Charleston. Each morning we provide our delectable Epicurean Grab+Go breakfast that may include the likes of our artisan breakfast sandwiches, steel cut oats, yogurt parfaits, and iced coffee. Guests are invited to savor our self-serve espresso, cappuccino, and coffee machine.
Bicycles to cruise around Charleston
Boasting one of the best locations in downtown Charleston’s historic district, The Nicholas is located on Wentworth Street, just two blocks off King Street, and mere mins. away from Charleston’s renowned historic stores and eateries.
Every visit to Charleston is more fun with access to water! The Nicholas offers an inviting outdoor veranda and courtyard centered around our opulent plunge pool. While not enormous enough to do laps in the morning, it is the ideal size for you and your guests to cool off after a warm day of exploration or relax with a cold drink prior to dinner.
The Nicholas is purpose-constructed to accommodate special events with event hosts that want to combine the historic beauty of The Holy City of Charleston with elevated and modern conveniences, and an unbeatable location.
Intimate Weddings & Bridal Parties
Charleston is America’s wedding capital! Located 1 block from historic Grace Episcopal Church, The Nicholas is an ideal venue for a modest wedding and reception or a bridal event. With a huge library, outdoor space, and commercial kitchen available, The Nicholas can host a multitude of events. Our special events team can assist with making your event remarkable.
Corporate Meetings & Retreats
At ten bedrooms, The Nicholas is a ideal size to accommodate executive teams or business peer groups that want privacy and exclusivity. In addition to our Epicurean Grab+Go breakfast each day, our hotel offers a commercial kitchen for private chefs and outside catering teams to build and deliver made-to-order meals. Our verandas, courtyard, and plunge pool provide a unique setting for informal gatherings and meetings. Our library can be repurposed into multiple formats for executive meetings and educational sessions. The Nicholas is pleased to offer guests use of formal boardroom and conference space through our partner State & Broad Executive Offices located just mins. away.
Pet policy: As much as we appreciate the four-legged members of your family, we do not allow family pets at this property.
No smoking is allowed. Violators will be fined for in-room smoke damages. Smoking is only allowed outside of the property at least 10 feet away please.
Please note that there is a noise ordinance in this neighborhood after 10pm daily, so if you are enjoying yourself please stay inside and be considerate of the neighbors.
Please note that COVID-related cancellations are no longer honored. If a positive COVID diagnosis or exposure to COVID prohibits or alters the guest (or any individuals in the guest's group) from traveling to the property, the standard cancellation policy will remain in force. Should a guest choose to cancel their reservation under these circumstances, a refund will not be issued, and we shall have no liability with respect to the reservation.
Extenuating Circumstances Hurricane Policy: If a Mandatory Evacuation Order is issued by the Governor during the dates of your stay specifically for the county in which the property is located, the extenuating circumstances policy will be in effect, and we will refund any deposits or payments paid by the guest. We shall have no additional liability concerning the reservation. However, if a Mandatory Evacuation Order is NOT issued, then THE STANDARD CANCELLATION POLICY WILL REMAIN IN EFFECT SHOULD THE GUEST CHOOSE TO CANCEL THEIR RESERVATION. If inclement weather in any other part of the country or world during the dates of stay prohibits or alters the guest (or any individuals in the guest's group) from traveling to the property, a refund will not be issued, and we shall have no liability with respect to the reservation. During months where there is a potential for inclement weather, such as hurricane season, we strongly recommend guests purchase travel insurance.
Please be advised that by confirming your booking, you are agreeing to the Rental Agreement Policy terms posted publicly on our company website. Should you have any questions, please feel to contact us prior to booking.
Conde Nast has rated Charleston the #1 tourist destination for numerous years. You will adore everything our beautiful historic city has to offer, especially the Southern hospitality in which our residents take such great pride. Don't be surprised if you end up wanting to move here!
About the Area
Located in Charleston, this bed & breakfast is in the city center. Port of Charleston Cruise Terminal and Charleston City Marina are worth checking out if an activity is on the agenda, while those wishing to experience the area's natural beauty can explore Fort Sumter and Fort Moultrie National Historical Park and Marion Square. Looking to enjoy an event or a game while in town? See what's going on at Charleston Gaillard Center, or consider a night out at Historic Rice Mill.
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy
Pets not allowed
Tips and Tricks to get the best Charleston area rental home experience:
Sticking to a budget:
- Book your vacation rental as soon as possible. Rental schedules generally open a year in advance (or in September just after the Summer season ends). Many groups book their Summer rentals during holiday get-togethers. Reserve before these holidays for best selection.
- To book the best rental within your budget, we highly recommend booking in Fall or Spring months. You'll enjoy lower rental rates, better selection, warm weather and the absence of large crowds at your favorite Charleston area restaurants and activities. Speaking of the off-season, don't overlook the holidays for a Charleston area vacation! Who wouldn't love a holiday near the ocean? Thanksgiving and Christmas are great times to gather with loved ones at the beach.
- Veterans and Active Duty Military members may qualify for special discounts. Be sure to ask your prospective property owner if your group qualifies for a price reduction.
- Booking websites typically offer customers an option to buy trip insurance. Trip insurance, which costs between 1% - 5% of the stay price, offers visitors reimbursement of their vacation costs for missed time as a result of personal medical-related catastrophes or weather disasters, as well as ensuing additional hurricane evacuation costs, such as an unexpected hotel overnight or additional gasoline expenses. Trip insurance is definitely a life-saver if the unforeseen happens. Ask your host for more information.
- Find a copy of your local Charleston area visitors guide when you arrive at the rental property. If your rental doesn't have one, you can find them at local grocery stores, shopping centers, and visitor centers. In addition to great local articles, travel guides have coupons for local tours and attractions.
Choosing the best rental in the Charleston area area:
- Select a group leader, choose your vacation week, and choose a max budget.
- Note the number beds and the bed configuration your group requires. King Room Downtown B&B
- Precise details about bedrooms and bed sizes & counts is usually available on booking pages. If you don't see them listed, call the property owner before you reserve the property. Note that most listings specify the maximum guest capacity, which typically includes pull out couches in living rooms.
- If your family is vacationing with pets, you'll need to book a pet-friendly vacation rental. Get specifics on breed, weight, and type restrictions. Some hosts charge pet deposits and fees.
- Visiting for a single event? If so, use a map search to find nearby rentals.
- Proper accessibility amenities can make or break a vacation for guests with disabilities. Make certain to inquire about wheel chair entry, pool lifts and specialized equipment needs.
Advice for your stay:
- Review arrival and departure procedures before traveling. Take a printed copy, and add a note with the directions to your smartphone.
- Ask questions. You may need instructions for a garage door opener, elevator or coffee maker. Contact your owner. They are there to help! A brief phone call can prevent many problems.
- Keep your rental home locked while you are gone! Don't let burglars ruin your holiday.
- Document any issues with the property at check in, and immediately send them to the host. We especially recommend e-mails and text messages, as they usually contain built-in time stamps that can be beneficial if damages are assessed.
- Be a good neighbor! You wouldn't like unpleasant visitors bothering your life at home. Use the golden rule for best judgement. If they like you, locals might even recommend great beaches and attractions you would've not otherwise known!
- Don't forget to... Ask a local! Residents can often help you find exactly what you're looking for. Who better to ask where to find the best seashells, have a great night on the town, or the best spots for fine dining?
- Double-check the vacation property to make sure that you've packed all belongings at departure. Remember to check dressers, closets, and bathrooms for hidden items. Clean out the refrigerator and take any leftovers home.
- Record a video to document the condition of the property.
- Remember to leave a review! Hosts rely on great ratings to drive more bookings. They'll be much obliged for your feedback. Alternatively, if something went wrong, other vacationing families will appreciate that you share your review find their best rental home. Be fair with your review. If something fell short of expectations, consider whether the manager could control the issue, and if so, whether they responded quickly to fix it.
- Kahal Kadosh Beth Elohim - 0.3 miles
- St. John the Baptist Church - 0.4 miles
- City Market - 0.4 miles
- Marion Square - 0.4 miles
- Circular Congressional Church - 0.4 miles
- Washington Square - 0.5 miles
- Dock Street Theater - 0.5 miles
- Hugenot Church - 0.6 miles