- As low as $166/Week
- 2 Bedrooms
- 2 Bathrooms
- 2 bathrooms
- 2 bedrooms
- Air conditioning
- Available in all rooms: Internet access
- Available in some public areas: Internet access
- Bed sheets provided
- Coffee/tea maker
- Deadbolt lock
- Fire extinguisher
- Hair dryer
- Ice maker
- In the city center
- Internet access
- Iron/ironing board
- Near a hospital
- Near laundromat
- Near outlet shopping
- No pets allowed
- Note from host: Smoking is not permitted anywhere on the premises.
- Note from host: Smoking is not permitted anywhere on the premises.
- Outlet shopping
- Sleeps 6
- Smoke detector
- Smoke-free property
- Smoke-free property
- Sofa bed
- Sofa bed
- Towels provided
- TV with cable/satellite service
- Unit size: 800 sq ft (74 sq m)
- Washing machine and dryer
About this Property493 King Edisto
Our calendar is refreshed in real-time & our nightly prices are accurately displayed. Simply enter your desired dates and click 'Book Now!'
With an open yet comfortable living space filled with natural light and a coveted location right on King Street, this impressive Charleston suite is waiting to make your vacation fantasies a reality! Spend your days touring the spectacular downtown area just right out the front door with friends and family. Afterward, come home to use the granite counter tops and stainless steel appliances of the full kitchen to get creative with tonight's home-cooked meal. You'll appreciate the home's beautiful decor, wood floors, and cozy furnishings, ideal for entertaining guests with delicious wine from Charleston Winery or bourbon from William Wolf Whiskey, both less than two miles away.
What's close by:
Girdled by handsome antebellum homes, The Battery promenade is just two miles south with historic monuments to check out. Get a taste of Charleston culture with visits to local art galleries like The Audubon Gallery, Reinert Fine Art, and Sculpture Garden Gallery. While you're out, find that ideal souvenir at Historic Charleston City Market, where you'll be immersed in scores of friendly vendors and locally-crafted treasures.
Things to know:
* Please note that there are active security cameras for the outside door and the hallway. They do not have sound.
The license # for this rental is: BL004141-07-2016.
Parking notes: Parking Passes $20/day + tax - Must be purchased prior to arrival.
This rental is located on floor 2.
Security camera details: There is a camera for the outside door and in the hallway. They do not have sound and are always on.
Damage waiver: The total cost of your reservation for this Property includes a nightly damage waiver fee, plus tax if applicable (the “Damage Waiver”). (A discount may be applied for stays of 28 nights or longer, if allowed.)
The Damage Waiver covers you for up to $3,000 of accidental damage to the Property or its contents (such as furnishings, fixtures, and appliances) as long as you report the incident to the host prior to checking out. The Damage Waiver fee eliminates the need for a traditional security deposit.
More information can be downloaded from the "Rental Agreement" on the checkout page.
City/town permit number: BL004141-07-2016
Money Saving Rental Tips
- Find the official tourism bureau in the area you wish to travel. Many tourism bureaus will send you travel guide books with deals for vacation rentals, restaurants and attractions. These guides may provide an excellent start to your vacation rental search.
- Flexible about when you might vacation? Off-season rates are usually a fraction of top costs.
- Many management companies and owners offer discount rates for active duty and veteran members of the Military, or repeat vacation goers to the same property. Be sure to ask property management company to see if your travelling crew is eligible for a discount.
- Some properties are particularly designed for particular groups of guests. Event homes are great for weddings, receptions and corporate meetings. Some homes cater to wildlife enthusiasts. Other rentals are situated close to nightlife. You will definitely get the most value from a rental which most closely satisfies your ideal trip setting, even if it costs a bit more.
- Property management companies and individual rental home owners typically offer guests the chance to obtain trip insurance coverage. Trip insurance, which generally costs somewhere between 1% - 5% of the basic term price, offers buyers reimbursement of their travel expenses for any missed as a consequence of personal medical emergencies or storms, and additionally ensuing additional hurricane evacuation costs or expenses, like an unplanned hotel stay or additional fuel. Trip insurance might just be a bank account-saver if the unforseen happens (heaven forbid!).
General Rental property Information
First-timers are oftentimes surprised at the number and wide variety of weekly properties available in the Charleston area area. Vacation home accommodations have gained in popularity with the rise of online research sites like Tripadvisor and VRBO.
Vacation rentals are often owner operated or managed by property management companies. For property owners not directly involved with the management of their property, management companies are instrumental in helping travellers with reserving, check-in, housekeeping, and any repairs and maintenance problems that may occur.
Below are some tips and tactics to help you understand the rental search and booking process.
Where to find and reserve the perfect vacation home:
Do you think "Gorgeous Charleston Suite Right on King Street w/ a Full Kitchen & Free WiFi" is the perfect rental property for your upcoming family vacation? Browse through this guide to ensure it fits your needs.
Start Your Search Early
Charleston area rental homes start booking very early. To assure the best choice of vacation rentals, we advise searching and reserving your Charleston area rental home Six-12 months in advance, whenever possible. Christmas, Thanksgiving and New Years are excellent times to find and reserve your vacation home..
Select a Village and Time
Agreement can be complicated among close relatives, but as soon as this difficult part is finished everything will quickly drop in place.
Bedrooms and Bed Sizes Matter
How many relatives are planning to share your trip? Be aware that a lot of properties advertise maximum guest capacity, which often includes sofa beds in the home's living room. You'll need to figure out what is acceptable for your family. Precise descriptions of bedrooms and beds are usually available online. If not, speak to the property manager before you book.
What Exactly Are You Prepared to Pay?
Make sure that "Gorgeous Charleston Suite Right on King Street w/ a Full Kitchen & Free WiFi" works with your budget *during your desired week*. Be sure to get cost-sharing commitments from company before reserving an expensive rental. One individual in your party will need to be given the task of collecting repayments and agreeing to responsibility for the complete rental price at time of booking.
Its All About Amenities
What amenities is the family trying to find? Do you primarily want a vacation rental with a pool, spa tub or volleyball court? Does the property need to be beachfront, in the downtown area, or near restaurants? Are items like beach chairs, gas grills, beach umbrellas, beach carts or coolers at your disposal and included in your rental property fee? Make a list of "needs and wishes" from your party to help filter your search to the most appropriate rental.
In some cases the older generation has problems with stairs. If wheel chair entry, elevators, pool lifts or other special equipment is required, include that into your search. Almost all property postings will include a list of amenities.
Are you or other individuals in the party travelling with a pet dog? Animal policies are different at each property. Study descriptions thoroughly. A number of restrictions could dismiss a potential vacation property. Examine your contract carefully! Additional fees or deposits may be applied to your agreement. If in doubt, ask the property manager and get it in writing.
It Is Time to Search
. In combination with Homeaway, VRBO and Tripadvisor, we advise searching Google for "Charleston area local vacation rentals" for local rental home management companies. Local companies will often have a unique collection of rental homes daily and weekly.
Negotiate the Price
Re-read the description to ensure the rental home has everything required. If lacking, the rental management company might know of comparable properties that suit your style and budget..
Although not true for all rental homes, many rental owners and property managers will negotiate rates. If the price isn't negotiable, the number of nights might be. Off-peak season offers your best chance to make a deal for a lower rate.
Study the Total Contract
Read through the whole agreement and be certain you understand who is responsible for:
- Power bills
- Telephone service
- Pool Heating
- Cable and pay-per-view TV
- Cleaning Service
- Trash collection
- Maintenance policies
- Key exchange
- Parking Fees
Make sure your quote includes all state taxes and fees.
Do you know the Cancellation Policy?
Cancellation policies are different for each rental. Rental management companies and individual property owners often offer their clients the option to purchase trip insurance. Trip insurance, which typically costs anywhere between 1% - 5% of your base vacation rental price, can provide vacationers with reimbursement of their vacation costs (and subsequent vacation property costs) for any days missed resulting from personal health emergencies or storms, as well as hurricane evacuation expenses, such as a unanticipated hotel stay or additional gas.
Reserve your Rental Property
When you think you've identified "the one", begin the booking process. Do not forget that most rental contracts require a considerable rental deposit and/or security deposit to safeguard the vacation home owner.
Keep Your Contact's Info
Be sure you get the manager's contact number and entry/exit procedures for your rental. We recommend keeping the contact's information in your smart phone and wallet.
Good luck on reserving your rental home! You're on the way to a phenomenal vacation!
During your Stay
- Take notes of any damages soon after you arrive. Get in touch with the property manager right away to report your observations.
- If you have any ambiguity about vehicle parking, policies of the house, property access, swimming pool operations, etc... we advise you ask the rental home manager immediately. A quick phone call prevents many complications.
- Be considerate of the community. Frequently, adjacent homes are filled by permanent locals. Respecting late-night quiet hours and vehicle parking restrictions can make a trip substantially more pleasant.
- Ask a local. Local residences may point you in the right direction.
- Enjoy your stay! Don't forget to protect the rental owner (and your stuff!) by keeping the property locked up while you are away, exactly like you would at home.
At the end of your stay
- Double-check each room of the rental to make certain that you've gathered all possessions.
- Be sure to walk through the rental one last time and look for damages. Whenever you can, do this walk-out inspection with the property manager present. If the property owner is not available, make certain you take photos of the property to record its condition.
- How was your vacation? Most rental home management companies and rental websites allow customers to offer reviews. If the rental home and/or property manager was terrific, they will likely appreciate your praise. If anything went wrong, we suggest being kind but honest in regards to your experience. Top property owners and managers will work very hard to fix the situation.
Use Your Experience
Hold a debrief with the people in your group. Did they enjoy their rental? We hope this guide helped you find a great vacation rental. Otherwise, you have acquired invaluable experience that will help with the next search.
- William Aiken House - 0.1 miles
- Charleston Museum - 0.2 miles
- Joseph Manigault House - 0.2 miles
- Marion Square - 0.3 miles
- Kahal Kadosh Beth Elohim - 0.6 miles
- Fort Sumter - 0.8 miles
- City Market - 0.8 miles
- South Carolina Aquarium Charleston - 0.8 miles