About this Property
- Sleeps 4
- 2 Bedrooms
- 2 Bathrooms
- Guest house
- Non-smoking property
- Pets welcome (restrictions apply)
- No children allowed
Recently remodeled Guest/Pool House located on the 10th hole of the Charleston Municipal Golf Course.
Located in the historic Charleston, South Carolina neighborhood, Riverland Terrace. Riverland Terrace was first developed starting in 1925. It is one of James Island, South Carolina's oldest neighborhoods. The Terrace is located 10 mins. west of downtown Charleston along Wappoo Creek and the inland waterway. The neighborhood features a public boat landing, Charleston Municipal Golf Course, a playground, sever eateries, and many antique stores.
Leading into the neighborhood is the historic Avenue of Oaks, consisting of 73 live oak trees believed to be over 100 years old. The avenue of oaks had been begun about 1910, and the developers finished the installation of the oaks during the landscaping of the neighborhood starting in 1925. In 2017, neighborhood residents had issues with the local electrical company cutting down trees unnecessarily.
The Terrace consists of roughly 800 homes. Fort Pemberton, a Civil War fortification constructed-in 1862, remains today.
Our guest home features a shared pool (though we never use), full kitchen, off-street parking, washer, dryer and dishwasher for you to use.
About the Area
Located in Charleston, this guesthouse is next to a golf course and by the sea. Gullah Geechee Exhibit & Borough Project and American Theater are cultural highlights, and some of the area's activities can be experienced at Port of Charleston Cruise Terminal and St. Johns Yacht Harbor. Looking to enjoy an event or a game while in town? See what's happening at Joseph P. Riley, Jr. Park or TD Arena. Water skiing, windsurfing, and motor boating offer great chances to get out on the surrounding water, or you can seek out an adventure with hunting nearby.
Be prepared: check the latest COVID-19 travel requirements and measures in place for this destination before you travel.
Know Before you Go
A car is not required for transportation to and from this property
- Pets not allowed
Tricks and tips for getting the perfect Charleston area vacation rental experience:
Finding the best rental home value:
- Book your vacation home as soon as possible. Rental schedules often open a year in advance (or in September just after the Summer season ends). Many groups book their Summer vacation rentals during Winter holiday gatherings. Book before these holidays for best selection.
- Summertime is the most expensive season in the Charleston area area. To book the largest rental home for your budget, we highly recommend reserving in the Fall or Spring shoulder seasons. You'll benefit from lower rates, better selection, gorgeous weather and the absence of large crowds at popular attractions and restaurants.
- Property management companies sometimes offer discounts for veterans and active duty military. Ask your property manager if rate reductions are available for your group.
- Property managers frequently offer renters an option to purchase vacation insurance protection. Trip insurance, which will generally cost 1% - 5% of the base stay price, offers visitors reimbursement of their vacation costs for any days missed as a result of medical-related emergencies or weather disasters, as well as hurricane evacuation charges, such as an unanticipated hotel stay or extra fuel expenses. Trip insurance is definitely a welcome relief if the unforeseen occurs. Ask your host for more information.
- Many rental management companies and vacation rental houses supply Charleston area area travel guides which include special offers, either offered independently by local companies, or by way of a partnership between the rental management company and the business itself. You can also find Charleston area visitors guide and coupon books at local shops and grocery stores.
Choosing and booking a perfectvacation home:
- Start by choosing trip dates and a spending budget.
- Note the number bedrooms and what type of bedroom configuration your group needs. Charleston Guest House w/ inflatable hot tub on Golf Course has 2 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms.
- Specific details about bedrooms and bed counts & types is regularly accessible on booking pages. If not, contact the property management company before booking the property. Note that most properties list maximum guest capacity, which often includes pull out couches in living rooms.
- Do your family pets travel with you? Many vacation homes allow animals, but guidelines and restrictions apply. Allowable pet type, breed, and size are often limited. Remember to ask your host before booking, and study your agreement! Additional fees or costs could be applied to your contract.
- Visiting for a single attraction? Use a map search to find nearby rentals.
- Proper accessibility amenities can make or break a vacation for persons with a disability. Remember to confirm all required amenities are available and included before reserving a rental
Considerations for your stay:
- Add the owner's contact info to your phone. Take a copy of check in/check out procedures.
- Ask questions. You may want instructions for a hot tub, A/V setup or washer/dryer. Contact your owner. They are there to help! A brief telephone call prevents quite a few difficulties.
- Lock your vacation home while you're away. Keep your property safe!
- Note any issues with the property at check in, and immediately e-mail them to the owner. We specifically recommend e-mails and text messages, as they usually contain time stamps that are useful if a dispute is filed.
- Don't forget to respect your neighbors. Often, nearby homes are filled by local residents. Respecting noise limits and parking regulations reduces conflict and allows everyone to enjoy their day.
- Don't forget to... Ask a local resident! Neighbors can often point you in the right direction. Who better to ask where to order delicious takeout, have a great night on the town, or the best spots for shopping?
- Just before checking out, complete a final walk-through to confirm you didn't leave anything behind. Re-check bathrooms, garages, and back yards for hidden items. Remove everything from the refrigerator and take or dispose of leftovers.
- Document the condition of the property at check-out. We recommend taking a video during your final walk-through.
- Did you have a excellent vacation? Many rental managers make it easy for guests to provide feedback. If your property and/or property manager was wonderful, they always love to hear your praise. If anything was defective and they failed to fix it in a reasonable manner, or if the vacation rental wasn't as described, you'll want to make it a point as part of your review.
- James Island County Park - 1.7 miles
- City Marina - 3.0 miles
- Brittlebank Park - 3.0 miles
- Johnson Hagood Stadium - 3.4 miles
- The Citadel - 3.4 miles
- Hampton Park - 3.7 miles
- St. John the Baptist Church - 3.8 miles
- Miles Brewton House - 3.8 miles