About this Property
- Sleeps 8
- 3 Bedrooms
- 3 Bathrooms
- Private vacation home
A short walk from King St. The Nantucket, as part of the Spring Island Collection West, is a roomy private upstairs unit in a split-level historic home. Recently refreshed The Nantucket is the ideal blend of modern features and the appeal of Charleston’s history with exposed brick and private traditional southern porch. Appreciate rare downtown amenities such as a shared pool across the street with space for multiple groups to relax, parking, dog run, and lush landscaping.
The Nantucket is a completely restored unit on the second floor of a historic Charleston home across the street to the Spring Islands resort-style pool. Unwind with the added privacy and peaceful of the top floor. Cavernous rooms, beds, and living room make The Nantucket the ideal place to rest while appreciating your vacation. The private traditional porch accepts guests to experience the city and Charleston charm from the comfort of their own elevated getaway.
The Nantucket can accommodate up to 8 guests between 3 bedrooms, 2.5 baths, kitchen, and cavernous living room.
Bedroom #1 – King bed + Shared bath
Bedroom #2 – Queen bed + ½ bath & Shared full bath
Bedroom #3 – Queen bed + Ensuite bath
Livingroom – King-sized pull-out couch + Shared bath
Savor the resort-style pool, heated to 85 degrees during the cooler months, across the street with your neighbors, socialize on your private porch, discover the cozy up and coming neighborhood, and savor rich selection of dining options all within walking distance. Become a Charleston local at the Nantucket.
Permit # 04033
The Nantucket not rather what you’re looking for? Be sure to search for Town & Island Co. on your favorite browser to check out our many other downtown properties!
Each unit is equipped with coded lock that are changed regularly. You will receive all important check-in information 3 days prior to arrival.
Early check-in or late check-out requests are evaluated and granted on a case-by-case basis. We offer a bags storage space with a coded lock near the pool for all Spring Islands guests to use as needed. We welcome guests to use the pool while they await their check-in.
Cannonborough Elliotborough is a appealing, hip neighborhood, dotted with indie stores, vintage stores, trendy eateries & bakeries. Residents, students, & visitors appreciate a walkable lifestyle, just a few blocks from bustling Upper King Street.
Located in the heart of the Cannonborough and Elliotborough neighborhood, upper King St. and the Charleston peninsula are at your doorstep. Rated a 92/100 walkability score and 75/100 bicycle-ability score (with a Lime bicycle hub less than a block away) discover Charleston with ease from any of our units in the Spring Islands Collection.
Too hot or too far to walk? Not a problem, Charleston offers a variety of transportation options such as the DASH a complimentary downtown shuttle, a unique pedicab experience offered year-round, or any of your favorite ride share companies operating in and around town.
Catering to the millions of visitors Charleston hosts there are ample private and shared services geared to easing guests’ ability to get from the airport to downtown. Whether a shuttle, private car service, or bag valet guests can make their way to their Spring Islands Collection unit anxiety complimentary. Contact our property managers with any further questions about transportation and getting around.
Other Things to Note:
Town & Island Co. is now happy to offer, through partnership with The Wonderer, all guests 25 and up access to Charleston’s premier global-inspired lifestyle club. This 2-acre private membership club located in downtown Charleston is a modern getaway offering resort-style amenities and a Bali-Tulum-inspired ambiance unparalleled on the peninsula.
Guests can savor an indoor gym and exercise studio with daily classes, a recovery room full of spa therapies, private and shared workspaces, live music, and an active calendar of social events. Refresh and relax with the Jr. Olympic pool complete with pool-side cabanas or savor the onsite eateries offering breakfast, lunch, dinner, and trendy beverages.
Once you confirm your reservation at The Wonderer, you will receive a link to book your time to visit the campus. Please note, all exercise classes and ticketed events are offered based on availability and may come at an additional cost.
*Please be advised that Town & Island Co. is not the same company as The Wonderer and offers this additional conveniences to its guests through a partnership between the two companies. If access is not granted during your stay due to availability no inconvenience credits will be awarded. Any issues related to your visit at The Wonderer must be directed exclusively to The Wonderer staff.*
Each Spring Islands Collection West unit comes with an assigned on-site parking spot that can fit two modest cars stacked or one huge car. While theft is rare Charleston is a city and we encourage guests to ensure their cars are locked and all valuables have been removed.
Town & Island Co. welcomes all our furry companions, and the Spring Islands Collection has a dog run across the street at Spring Islands East for guests traveling with their family pets. No pet deposit is necessary, but we do ask guests traveling with their pets to not allow them on any furnishings to maintain the quality and cleanliness of our human centered spaces.
Want to know more about making the most of your trip and stay? Property managers are on call to answer any and all questions guests have leading up to their trip. Whether you want to know more about the neighborhood or property, Town & Island Co.’s managers will happily help enhance your trip in any way possible.
Interaction with Guests:
Full time property managers Marielena and/or Zack available.
About the Area
Located in Charleston, this vacation home is in the city center. Upper King Design District and Shops at Charleston Place are worth checking out if shopping is on the agenda, while those wishing to experience the area's natural beauty can explore Fort Sumter and Fort Moultrie National Historical Park and Marion Square. Looking to enjoy an event or a game while in town? See what's happening at Joseph P. Riley, Jr. Park or Charleston Gaillard Center.
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy
2 total pets
Charleston rental booking tips:
Getting the best value:
- In the Charleston area area, The sooner you can book a rental home, the easier your search will be. The most desirable properties are reserved very early. Booking your vacation rental 6-12 months before your travel dates is recommended. Winter holidays are excellent times to plan and reserve your vacation rental.
- Summer time is high season in the Charleston area area. To get the best value, change your group's vacation week to the Spring or Fall seasons. May, September, and October offer warmer temperatures, less crowded beaches, and greatly reduced traffic.
- Active Duty and veterans of the US Armed forces may qualify for special discounts. Be sure to ask your prospective property manager if your vacationing group qualifies for a price reduction.
- Property managers usually offer guests an option to add trip insurance protection. Trip insurance, which normally will cost you anywhere between 1% - 5% of the base reservation price, offers visitors reimbursement of their vacation costs for missed vacation time as a result of personal medical-related emergencies or weather, as well as ensuing additional hurricane evacuation costs or charges, such as an unanticipated hotel stay or extra gas expenses. Trip insurance is definitely a bank account-saver if the unforeseen happens. Ask the property owner for program terms and fees.
- Look for your local visitors guide upon checking in. If your rental doesn't have a copy, you can find them at local grocery stores and visitor centers. In addition to great local information, visitor guide magazines have offers and deals for local accommodations, restaurants and tours.
Filter your rental search:
- Select your vacation week and spending budget.
- Note the number bedrooms and what type of bedroom configuration your family needs. Boutique Home & Resort Pool ‘Nantucket’ has 3 bedrooms and 3 bathrooms. If you need a larger or smaller rental, use our rentals search.
- Specific information about bedrooms and bed sizes & counts is regularly accessible on booking websites. If they are not listed, email the property management company before you reserve the vacation property. Note that most properties list the maximum guest capacity, which usually includes pull-out couches. You will need to determine what configuration is optimal for your group.
- Some rentals allow pets, and others do not. Acceptable types of family pet, weight and breeds may be restricted, and additional charges may apply. Ask the owner about allowable breeds and types before booking.
- Is your group looking for unique amenities? Most rental search websites include search filters for amenities. Amenity filters help you quickly remove less-optimal properties.
- Appropriate accessibility can make or ruin a vacation for persons with disabilities. Remember to confirm all required amenities are included before reserving a rental
Have a wonderful stay:
- Take a copy of the owner's phone number and check in/check out procedures for your rental home.
- Ask questions. You may want instructions for a fireplace, stereo or thermostat. Contact your property manager. They are there to help! A brief call prevents lots of concerns.
- Lock your vacation home while you're out. Protect your property!
- During arrival, note any damages to the rental property and immediately contact the owner. Keep records of all correspondence in case a dispute arises.
- Be a good neighbor! You wouldn't like obnoxious visitors bothering your quiet neighborhood. Apply the golden rule for common sense. Happy residents may even recommend great local food and scenic spots you would've never otherwise known about!
- Don't forget to... Ask a local! Neighbors can usually help you find exactly what you're looking for. Who better to ask where to book the best tours, have a great night on the town, or the best spots for shopping?
- Re-check the property to confirm that you've packed all personal items at departure. Check garages, decks, and cabinets for hidden items. Remove everything from the refrigerator and take any leftovers home.
- Inspect the property one final time and look for any damage. We suggest walking through with the host whenever you can (often this isn't possible). If the manager is not available, ensure that you take photos of the rental to record its condition at check-out.
- Did your family have a great stay? Many rental managers make it easy for clients to provide reviews. If your rental and/or host was fantastic, they will likely appreciate your kind words. If anything was amiss and they failed to address it within reason, or if the vacation rental wasn't described correctly, you'll want to make a note as part of your comments.
- Johnson Hagood Stadium - 0.5 miles
- William Aiken House - 0.7 miles
- City Marina - 0.7 miles
- Brittlebank Park - 0.7 miles
- Charleston Museum - 0.8 miles
- The Citadel - 0.8 miles
- Hampton Park - 0.8 miles
- Joseph Manigault House - 0.8 miles