- 12 Bedrooms
- 6 Bathrooms
- Air Conditioning
- Basic Soaps
- Carbon Monoxide Detector
- Children Welcome
- Clothes Dryer
- Coffee Maker
- Deadbolt Lock
- Dining Area
- Dishes & Utensils
- Emergency Exit Route
- Exterior Lighting
- Fire Extinguisher
- Fire Station Contact
- First Aid Kit
- Hair Dryer
- Hospital Contact
- Ice Maker
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided
- Living Room
- Non Smoking Only
- Outdoor Furniture
- Paper Towels
- Pets Not Allowed
- Police Contact
- Smoke Detector
- Toilet Paper
- Towels Provided
- Washing Machine
- Wheelchair Inaccessible
- Wireless Internet
About this PropertyElegantly restored unit 1 block from the heart of the entertainment district of Upper King Street. Don’t worry about parking which is hard to find in Charleston. Our unit provides 8 on-site parking spots with room to maneuver without blocking other cars.
You will know you are in the South as the unit has 6 pretty palms, a live oak tree and a huge sycamore tree that greats you. The unit consists of three rental units. Unit A which is the bottom floor of the first home, Unit B which is the top floor of the first home and Unit C which is a two story home next to the first home.
We have installed CAT-6 cables throughout our unit to give faster, more reliable and more secure internet. Plus we have a great sound system for savoring your music selection!
Each unit has four bedrooms with queen beds, and a sleeper couch in the living room sleeping 10 individuals per unit. The opened layout with full kitchen and inviting living room furnishings give a great place to hang out before or after exploring Charleston. Each unit has its own personality, flip through the photos: Unit A has a more coastal feel, Unit B modren rustic feel and Unit C is a more modern feel. Our goal for the remodel was to give Charleston magic with modern, comfort and appreciation. We were cheerful during our modernization to uncover multiple original fireplaces which although non-operating add a lot of character. Fireplaces are in each of the three living rooms and also numerous bedrooms. Charm is also added with the original wood floors in all units and exposed beams in the living room of Unit B. All units have brand new furnishings and furnishings.
All 3 Living Rooms– Appreciate gathering in a appealing mood. Each living room has inviting seating including a peaceful pull-out queen sleeper couch couch. Lots of lighting, lamps and dimmable ceiling lights, accepts you to set the vibe. Also featured is a sizable 55-inch Intelligent, high definition TV and a state-of-the-art sound system. Unit C has a spiral staircase.
All 3 Kitchens - Whether you want to prepare or just hang out you’ll appreciate the kitchen. High end granite, under-counter lighting, dimmable lights, sound system, enormous refrigerator with ice and water dispenser. Plus, all the comforts of a modern kitchen: dishwasher, stove, microwave, toaster, garbage disposal, Ninja blender and Keurig libation maker. The kitchen is also completely supplied with dishes, silverware, preparing pots and pans, wine glasses, cookie sheet, mixing bowls, and casserole dishes.
All 12 Bedrooms – After a full day of fun in Charleston, you will be ready to retire to one of the 12 bedrooms. Each bedroom offers an exceptionally calming queen bed that is serviced with quality linens. In addition, each one of our superb well-appointed bedrooms has access to wireless high-speed internet as well as CAT-6 jacks for the secure minded traveler. Select rooms are supplied with 33" SMART TV's with CAD-6 interfaces for streaming your favorite movies and tunes.
6 Bathrooms: In units A and B there are two bathrooms, the bigger bathroom is located outdoor of the bedrooms on the right side of the home It offers a sizable shower with dual shower heads, frame-less shower doors and bespoke tiling. The second bathroom is on the left side of the home.. It is charmingly adorned with a bespoke shower stall and pedestal sink. Unit C has a cute bespoke shower stall with frame-less shower doors and tiled shower walls/ floor and a granite topped vanity in the downstairs bathroom. For those who prefer baths, the upstairs has a freshly refreshed bathroom including a alluring tub/shower and a generous granite topped vanity.For your appreciation, delight towels, shampoo, conditioner, soap and toilet paper are supplied.
Laundry: In Units A and C we have full size stackers that are State of the Art, offering many settings including a steam option. We have a full sized commercial grade stacker washer and dryer in Unit B. Laundry detergent is supplied. Ironing board and iron also included.
Need less space? - If you do not need all 3 units for your size group, check out our other Vacation Rental By Owner listings where you can rent each unit separately.
See VRBO1237214 – Unit A - 4 Bedroom 2 Bath, sleeps 10
See VBRO1236423 - Unit B - 4 Bedroom, 2 Bath, sleeps 10
See VRBO1237215 - Unit C - 4 Bedroom, 2 Bath, sleeps 10
Check out the individual listings above to get travelers' reviews. We have been renting these units since April 2018 our ratings are great! We are licensed and allowed by the City of Charleston for holiday/brief-term units.
If you have any questions, please reach out to us at 843-801-0732. We hope you choose St. Philip Place for a excellent holiday in Charleston, SC!
How to Save Money on Your Rental
- Many property managers and vacation rental properties supply Charleston area area printed travel magazines which include coupons, either offered independently by local companies, or utilizing a partnership between the property management company and the merchant itself. These guides can provide a good start to your rental home search.
- Are the vacation dates flexible? The off-peak shoulder seasons will offer you amazing rates on weekly rentals.
- Active Duty and veterans of the U.S. Armed forces may be able to get cost savings. Make sure to check with vacation rental company to see if your travelling crew is eligible for a reduced price.
- Is there a certain activity that you are mainly looking forward to during your stay? You'll receive the best value from a home which most directly satisfies your ideal trip setting, regardless if it costs a bit more.
- Vacation rental companies and individual rental home owners typically offer clients an opportunity to purchase trip insurance. Trip insurance, which usually add anywhere between 1% - 5% of the basic stay rate, provides visitors reimbursement of their rental expenses for any nights missed as a consequence of personal medical emergencies or hurricanes, and additionally ensuing additional hurricane evacuation costs or charges, like an unanticipated hotel room stay or extra gas.
General Rental Information
First-timers are sometimes surprised at the number and wide selection of weekly rental homes available in the Charleston area area. Rental homes are gaining in popularity among vacationers, and visitors will find that the sheer number of rental homes available allows them to find an perfect retreat to fit their Charleston area crew, from calm condominiums to huge event homes with several bedrooms.
Nearly all vacation homes in Charleston area are privately operated and many are represented by established local property management agencies. For owners not directly engaged in the management of their vacation home, management companies are instrumental in assisting families with booking, checking-in, house cleaning, as well as routine maintenance issues that may occur.
Seasoned Charleston area vacationers have identified several tips and tricks throughout the years when it comes to renting rental homes, however most novices will be happy to learn that several "techniques" are in plain sight, if you recognize where they should look.
Searching for and reserving the perfect rental property:
Before you book "AWESOME, Southern Charm - DOWNTOWN CHARLESTON ", review our short checklist of points to consider.
Begin Your Search Early
Like many renowned hot spots, In Charleston area the best vacation homes are booked early. To assure the very best choice of properties, we suggest searching and reserving your Charleston area vacation home 6-12 months before your travel dates, whenever feasible. Christmas, Thanksgiving and New Years are excellent times to find and book your rental..
Find your Spot and Decide Dates
Quite often, the most challenging part of planning your trip is figuring out where to go, and when. As soon as the big decisions are resolved, everything else becomes easier.
Exactly How Much Vacation rental Do You Need?
Determine who is attending the vacation, and how many/what type of bedroom configuration you need to have. Keep in mind that most properties advertise maximum guest capacity, which usually includes sofa beds in the home's living room. It is important to figure out what is suitable for the company. Most vacation home listings will summarize each one of the unit's specific bedrooms and mattress sizes.
Create a Budget
Confirm that "AWESOME, Southern Charm - DOWNTOWN CHARLESTON " suits your price range *during your desired dates*. Make sure you get cost-sharing commitments from travel companions prior to booking an expensive rental home. Most rental documents call for a single person to be in charge of the full reservation.
Its All About Amenities
What property features is the family interested in? Do you only want a vacation rental with a swimming pool, spa tub or volleyball court? Will the property need to be beach front, the downtown area, or in close proximity to night life? Will the rental have bicycles and body boards available as part of your stay? Make a list of priority conveniences to help narrow your search.
Do some people in your crew have special needs? Make sure you remember and ask about wheel chair accessibility, pool lifts and specialized equipment requirements..
Make sure you include your furry family members. Pet policies are different at each rental. Read descriptions thoroughly. Type of animal, size and breeds may be limited. Ensure that you study agreements and contracts carefully. Charges may apply when pets are added. Ask questions *before* you reserve!
Searching the Internet
A number of internet resources exist to match guests with rental home owners.. In addition to Homeaway, VRBO and Tripadvisor, we recommend searching Google for "Charleston area local rental homes" for local vacation home management companies. Local vacation home management companies take pride in a superior vacation experience.
Negotiate the Price
When you've located your dream rental, double check to make sure your trip dates are available.
Although not true for all rental homes, many rental owners and property managers will negotiate rates. If they are unwilling to budge on a highly-desirable week, try asking for an additional night. Your easiest chance of a reduced rate is changing to a less desirable week.
Study the Entire Agreement
It is advisable to know which services are included:
- Power bills
- WIFI Access
- Phone service
- Hot Tub Heating
- Cable and pay-per-view TV
- Cleaning services and housekeeping
- Trash collection
- Maintenance (get a phone number)
- Check in & Check Out Key Exchange
- Parking Fees
Get a total that includes state taxes, pet and other additional fees.
Cancellation policies are different with each property. You will probably be offered trip insurance. Trip insurance, which frequently costs between 1% - 5% of the standard vacation rental rate, provides vacationers with reimbursement of their vacation costs (and subsequent rental home costs) for any nights missed as a result of personal health related emergencies or weather, and additionally hurricane evacuation costs, such as a unforeseen hotel stay or extra gas.
Book your Rental
When everything seems correct, it's finally time to sign a rental agreement. Do not forget that most rental contracts will require a substantial rental deposit and/or security deposit to safeguard the vacation home owner.
Where to Get Help
Don't forget to get the property manager's contact telephone number and entry/exit procedures for your vacation property. We suggest keeping the contact's details in your smart phone and wallet.
Good job on booking your vacation home! You're on the way to a wonderful vacation!
During your Stay
- Photograph at your arrival. To make sure no damages are linked to your visit, create a record of any trouble spots of the rental. If you find problems, or if fixes are needed get in touch with the home manager without delay. This may prevent conflicts during checkout.
- Ask questions. You may need instructions for a gas fireplace, TV or spa tub. Call your property manager. They are there to assist. A phone call can save several hours of difficulties.
- Be respectful of the local community. . Remember the golden rule and treat others the same way you'd like to be treated by visitors next to your home.
- Ask a local. Local people may point you in the right direction.
- Ensure you protect the owner (and your things!) by keeping the vacation rental secured when you are away, exactly like you would in your own home.
At the end of your stay
- Make sure that you've packed everything. Inspect drawers, bath cabinetry and cabinets.
- As soon as your things are all out, do a walk-through of the property to make certain no damage occurred in the course of your stay. If you can, do this walk-out inspection with the property owner present. If the property owner is not available, make sure that you take photos of the property to record its condition.
- Did you have a great time? Nearly all rental web sites seek testimonials after your stay . Property owners and property managers will thank you for positive ratings. If something was wrong and they failed to fix it in a reasonable manner, or if the property was not as described, you may want to note that in your critique.
Hold a meeting with your travel companions. Did everybody have a blast? With a little luck everything ended up being perfect and you are all set to reserve the same rental for next year. If not, you have acquired valuable rental search experience to aid with another search.
- William Aiken House - 0.3 miles
- Charleston Museum - 0.4 miles
- Joseph Manigault House - 0.5 miles
- Marion Square - 0.5 miles
- Johnson Hagood Stadium - 0.8 miles
- Kahal Kadosh Beth Elohim - 0.9 miles
- Fort Sumter - 0.9 miles
- Hampton Park - 0.9 miles