- 12 Bedrooms
- 6 Bathrooms
- Air Conditioning
- Basic Soaps
- Carbon Monoxide Detector
- Children Welcome
- Clothes Dryer
- Coffee Maker
- Deadbolt Lock
- Dining Area
- Dishes & Utensils
- Emergency Exit Route
- Exterior Lighting
- Fire Extinguisher
- Fire Station Contact
- First Aid Kit
- Hair Dryer
- Hospital Contact
- Ice Maker
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided
- Living Room
- Non Smoking Only
- Outdoor Furniture
- Paper Towels
- Pets Not Allowed
- Police Contact
- Smoke Detector
- Toilet Paper
- Towels Provided
- Washing Machine
- Wheelchair Inaccessible
- Wireless Internet
About this PropertyHandsomely restored unit 1 block from the heart of the entertainment district of Upper King Street. Don’t worry about parking which is hard to find in Charleston. Our unit provides 8 on-site parking spots with room to maneuver without blocking other cars.
You will know you are in the South as the unit has 6 handsome palms, a live oak tree and a sizable sycamore tree that greats you. The unit consists of three rental units. Unit A which is the bottom floor of the first home, Unit B which is the top floor of the first home and Unit C which is a two story home next to the first home.
We have installed CAT-6 cables throughout our unit to give faster, more reliable and more secure internet. Plus we have a great sound system for savoring your music selection!
Each unit has four bedrooms with queen beds, and a sleeper couch in the living room sleeping 10 individuals per unit. The opened layout with full kitchen and inviting living room furnishings give a great place to hang out before or after exploring Charleston. Each unit has its own personality, flip through the photos: Unit A has a more coastal feel, Unit B fresh rustic feel and Unit C is a more modern feel. Our goal for the modernization was to give Charleston magic with modern, comfort and comfort. We were cheerful during our remodel to uncover numerous original fireplaces which although non-operating add a lot of character. Fireplaces are in each of the three living rooms and also multiple bedrooms. Charm is also added with the original wood floors in all units and exposed beams in the living room of Unit B. All units have brand new furnishings and furnishings.
All 3 Living Rooms– Appreciate gathering in a appealing vibe. Each living room has comfortable seating including a appealing pull-out queen sleeper couch couch. Lots of lighting, lamps and dimmable ceiling lights, accepts you to set the ambience. Also featured is a enormous 55-inch Intelligent, high definition TV and a state-of-the-art sound system. Unit C has a spiral staircase.
All 3 Kitchens - Whether you want to prepare or just hang out you’ll savor the kitchen. High end granite, under-counter lighting, dimmable lights, sound system, sizable refrigerator with ice and water dispenser. Plus, all the amenities of a modern kitchen: dishwasher, stove, microwave, toaster, garbage disposal, Ninja blender and Keurig drink maker. The kitchen is also entirely supplied with dishes, silverware, preparing pots and pans, wine glasses, cookie sheet, mixing bowls, and casserole dishes.
All 12 Bedrooms – After a full day of fun in Charleston, you will be ready to retire to one of the 12 bedrooms. Each bedroom offers an exceptionally inviting queen bed that is serviced with quality linens. In addition, each one of our delightful well-appointed bedrooms has access to wireless high-speed internet as well as CAT-6 jacks for the secure minded traveler. Select rooms are supplied with 33" SMART TV's with CAD-6 interfaces for streaming your favorite movies and tunes.
6 Bathrooms: In units A and B there are two bathrooms, the bigger bathroom is located outdoor of the bedrooms on the right side of the home It offers a huge shower with dual shower heads, frame-less shower doors and bespoke tiling. The second bathroom is on the left side of the home.. It is charmingly adorned with a bespoke shower stall and pedestal sink. Unit C has a glamourous bespoke shower stall with frame-less shower doors and tiled shower walls/ floor and a granite topped vanity in the downstairs bathroom. For those who prefer baths, the upstairs has a newly redone bathroom including a charming tub/shower and a generous granite topped vanity.For your appreciation, delight towels, shampoo, conditioner, soap and toilet paper are supplied.
Laundry: In Units A and C we have full size stackers that are State of the Art, offering many settings including a steam option. We have a full sized commercial grade stacker washer and dryer in Unit B. Laundry detergent is included. Ironing board and iron also supplied.
Need less space? - If you do not need all 3 units for your size group, check out our other Vacation Rental By Owner listings where you can rent each unit separately.
See VRBO1237214 – Unit A - 4 Bedroom 2 Bath, sleeps 10
See VBRO1236423 - Unit B - 4 Bedroom, 2 Bath, sleeps 10
See VRBO1237215 - Unit C - 4 Bedroom, 2 Bath, sleeps 10
Check out the individual listings above to get travelers' reviews. We have been renting these units since April 2018 our ratings are great! We are licensed and allowed by the City of Charleston for holiday/brief-term units.
If you have any questions, please reach out to us at 843-801-0732. We hope you choose St. Philip Place for a outstanding holiday in Charleston, SC!
How to Save Money on Your Rental
- Search for the official tourism bureau where you want to travel. Many established tourism bureaus supply travel guide books with special offers for lodging, dining and activities. Search for these catalogs and promotional books, as this allows travelers to discover the same activities with a frequently significantly discounted.
- Able to change your travel dates? Shoulder seasons provide impressive offers.
- Are you a armed forces veteran? A number of management companies offer financial savings to vets and active-duty forces. Be sure to confirm with property management company to see if your travelling group qualifies for a reduction.
- Some vacation rentals are basically designed to serve specific guests, whether it is oceanside rentals with weekly fishing pier passes, city-center condos with nearby access to restaurants or waterfront homes that feature their own windsurfing launching areas. You'll receive the best value from a rental which most thoroughly suits your ideal trip setting, regardless if it costs a bit more.
- Vacation rental companies and individual home owners typically offer their customers the opportunity to purchase trip insurance coverage. Trip insurance, which usually costs between 1% - 5% of the basic rental price, offers visitors reimbursement of their rental costs for any days missed a result of personal medical related emergencies or storms, as well as ensuing extra hurricane evacuation costs or charges, like an unanticipated motel stay or extra fuel. Trip insurance might just be a bank account-saver if the unforseen happens (heaven forbid!).
The Rental Process
First-timers are oftentimes surprised at the number and wide variety of daily, weekly and monthly rental homes available in the Charleston area area. With such a wide selection, clients are sure to select a vacation home which matches their expectations and price range.
Rental homes are frequently owner operated or managed by property management companies. Property management companies leverage scale, systems and expertise to provide convenient operational management on behalf of the owner..
Seasoned Charleston area vacationers have figured out a few tips and tricks throughout the years with regards to renting vacation homes, however many novices will be happy to realize that many of these "tricks" are in plain sight, if you know where they should search.
Where to find and reserve the perfect rental property:
Before you decide to book "AWESOME, Southern Charm - DOWNTOWN CHARLESTON ", examine our brief list of factors to consider.
The Earlier You Begin, The Better The Selection
Charleston area vacation rentals start booking early. For the best selection, begin your planning and search 6-12 months in advance of a trip. A lot of households decide to begin their search over Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Years Eve gatherings.
Decide on a Town and Time
Quite often, the toughest part of scheduling your vacation is deciding on where to search, and when. When the big decisions are resolved, everything else is simplier and easier.
How Much Rental home Do You Really Need?
Confirm who is joining, and just how many/what particular bedroom configuration you need to have. Bear in mind that many rentals advertise maximum guest capacity, which often includes sofa beds in the living room space. You will need to determine what is most appropriate for your group. Generally rental home listings will summarize each of the unit's specific bedrooms and mattresses.
What Exactly Are You Prepared to Shell out?
Check to make sure "AWESOME, Southern Charm - DOWNTOWN CHARLESTON " satisfies your budget *during your desired week*. If a few individuals or loved ones are sharing the cost, confirm that each group knows their obligation and has approved a maximum they are willing to chip in. Most rental agreements call for a single person to be in charge of the whole reservation.
Its All About Amenities
What amenities is the group interested in? Is a swimming pool reallynecessary?Are you looking for a rental property with open-air kitchen? Do you wish to be far from the crowds, or close to civilization? Will the property have bikes and beach toys available during your stay? Make a list of priority conveniences to facilitate narrow your search.
Accessibility and Special Issues
Do certain members of your group have special needs? Make sure to remember and inquire about wheel chair accessibility, pool lifts and special equipment requirements..
Remember to include your pets. While quite a few rental homes allow household pets, guidelines and charges fluctuate per property. Type of pet, size and dog breeds could be limited. Make sure to study agreements and contracts carefully. Extra charges may apply when animals are included.
Its Time to Search
Several websites exist to match vacationers with property owners.. In combination with Homeaway, VRBO and Tripadvisor, we recommend searching Google for "Charleston area local rentals" for local property management companies. Local vacation home management companies pride themselves on a first-class rental experience.
When you've located the rentalhome of your dreams, check to confirm your trip dates are available.
Although not true for all properties, many owners and property managers will negotiate rates. If the rate isn't negotiable, the number of nights might be. Your best chance for a lower rate is shifting to a less desirable week.
Read the Contract
You really need to know which services are included:
- Power bills
- WIFI Access
- Long Distance Phone Service
- Hot Tub Heating
- Pay Per View Movies
- Trash Pickup (and which day?)
- Maintenance policies
- Check in & Check Out Key Exchange
- Parking Fees
In addition to the regular charge, travelers must pay local taxes when renting "AWESOME, Southern Charm - DOWNTOWN CHARLESTON ", as well as various other additional fees which may be mandatory based upon their situation, including a pet fee, early check-in or late check-out fee, or a pool heating fee for private swimming pool usage during the fall or spring months.
Cancelling your Rental property
Make sure you are familiar with the cancellation policy prior to reserving. Property management companies and individual property owners typically offer their guests the option to buy trip insurance. Trip insurance, which generally costs somewhere between 1% - 5% of your standard rental price, can provide travellers with reimbursement of their vacation costs (and subsequent rental costs) for any days missed a result of personal medical-related emergencies or weather, as well as hurricane evacuation costs, such as a unanticipated motel stay or additional gas.
Complete the Reservation
When everything seems right, it's finally time for you to sign a rental agreement. Do not forget that most rental contracts will require a substantial rental deposit and/or security deposit to cover the rental home owner.
Keep Your Contact's Information
Put the property manager's contact information into your smartphone and wallet for easy access to answers throughout your visit.
Congratulations on booking your vacation rental! You're on the right path to a fantastic vacation!
During your Stay
- Record the condition of the rental property immediately upon arrival. Call the rental manager right away to report your findings. If there is a difference of opinion about legal liability later, having the documented problems and communication attempts could be incredibly helpful.
- Ask questions. Should there be any ambiguity about vehicle parking, policies of the house, house access, swimming pool operation, etc... we advise you ask the rental manager promptly. A phone call can save hours of problems.
- Remember to be a good next-door neighbor. Residents are likely to be as friendly to you as you are considerate of them. Respecting late-night quiet hours and vehicle parking restrictions can make a visit a lot more pleasurable.
- Ask a local. Locals may point you in the right direction.
- Enjoy your stay! Remember to protect the rental owner (and your stuff!) by keeping the home locked up while you are away, exactly like you would at home.
- Double-check each room of the vacation property to make sure that you've collected all valuables.
- Once everything is out, begin a walk-through of the rental home to confirm no property damage occurred during your remain. We recommend walking through with the rental manager whenever you can (this isn't always the case).. If the property manager is not available, you'll want to take photos of the property to record its condition.
- How do you rate your experience? Most rental sites ask for comments after your stay . Property owners and property managers will appreciate your favorable ratings. If anything was wrong and they did not correct it in a acceptable manner, or when the vacation rental wasn't as described, you will want to note that as part of your critique.
Learn from your Stay
Hold a vacation recap meeting with your family. Did they love their stay? We hope this guide steered you to a terrific home away from home. Maybe the property wasn't quite right, and you'll better understand how to improve your search for the next time.
- William Aiken House - 0.3 miles
- Charleston Museum - 0.4 miles
- Joseph Manigault House - 0.5 miles
- Marion Square - 0.5 miles
- Johnson Hagood Stadium - 0.8 miles
- Kahal Kadosh Beth Elohim - 0.9 miles
- Fort Sumter - 0.9 miles
- Hampton Park - 0.9 miles