- As low as $1,024/Night
- 6 Bedrooms
- 4 Bathrooms
- Sleeps 16
- 4 bathrooms
- 6 bedrooms
- Air conditioning
- Bed sheets provided
- Car not required
- Carbon monoxide detector
- Cycling nearby
- Deadbolt lock
- Dining table
- Fire extinguisher
- First aid kit
- Fishing nearby
- Hair dryer
- Hardwood flooring in public areas
- Ice maker
- If you have requests for specific accessibility needs, please contact the property using the information on the reservation confirmation received after booking.
- In the city center
- Iron/ironing board
- Laundry detergent
- Living room
- Marina nearby
- Near a health or beauty spa
- Near a zoo
- Near the bay
- No pets allowed
- Onsite parking
- Onsite parking options include a garage
- Porch or lanai
- Power boating nearby
- Sailing nearby
- Scuba diving nearby
- Security system
- Shower/tub combination
- Smart TV
- Smoke detector
- Smoke-free property
- Snorkeling nearby
- Sofa bed
- Surfing/body boarding nearby
- Swimming nearby
- Towels provided
- Unit size: 2800 sq ft (260 sq m)
- Washing machine and dryer
- WiFi available
About this Property
- Sleeps 16
- 6 Bedrooms
- 4 Bathrooms
- Private vacation home
- Approximately 2800 square feet
** Please read the entire listing prior to booking. **
TAKEOVER ASHLEY COOPER: Feel the ultimate gathering place in the heart of Charleston with our whole home TAKEOVER. This historic 1885 home offers two unique units: Ashley House on the bottom floor, and Cooper House on the upper. With nearly 3000 sq. ft. of space, you'll have plenty of room to spread out and create lasting memories together. Make yourself at home in these appealing accommodations during your stay in Charleston. Floorplans and site plan are available on photos section of listing.
MAXIMUM CAPACITY is 16 guests.
***Do you have more than 16 guests and need a bigger place? Consider adding Wando House which is on this same property, shares the parking area, and sleeps an additional 8, for a total of 24 possible at this location.
ASHLEY HOME, occupying the entire bottom floor of a remodeled historic home from 1885, offers a cavernous verandah with a gorgeous haint blue coffered ceiling and rocking chairs. Inside, find a Main bedroom with a four-poster Queen bed, and a naturally lit second bedroom. The living area is versatile, with a queen-size sofabed and two twin beds for comfortable living and sleeping arrangements. The refreshed kitchen features granite countertops, open wood shelving, a vintage-style refrigerator, and seating for up to 8 people, combining historic appeal with modern amenities.
COOPER HOME, on the top floor, offers a verandah that enchants, rocking chairs, and a striking outdoor dining area. Inside, a Main bedroom with a four-poster Queen bed awaits, while the second bedroom radiates brightness. The living area, with a queen-size sofabed and two twin beds, provides relaxation and flexibility. The modernized kitchen showcases granite countertops, open wood shelving, a vintage-style refrigerator, and seating for up to 8 people, creating a ideal space for dining and memories.
Ashley House and Cooper home seamlessly blend historic charm with modern luxuries for an memorable experience!
Please visit each listing:
Ashley House: vrbo.com/2027091
Cooper House: vrbo.com/2050962
Note: Can be added on if bigger group: Wando House: vrbo.com/2479028
IMPORTANT NOTE ON POTENTIAL FOR NOISE: Our location offers the vibrant energy of a lively urban setting, with exceptional dining, entertainment, and music venues close by which includes music venues directly behind on King Street. While we comply with the city's noise ordinance and cannot control external noise, we advise guests that street noises and typical urban sounds are to be expected. *If there is loud music or excessive noise after 11 pm from anywhere other than the property, we ask guests to please contact the non-emergency police number and file a complaint. HCVR does not provide discounts or refunds for noise-related complaints. By renting this unit, you acknowledge and accept the potential for noise as described.
PARKING: Two off-street parking spots supplied. Additional parking available at close by City of Charleston garage. No tandem parking, blocking driveways/stairwells. Motorcycles, scooters, golf carts not allowed. Plugging EV cars into home's power outlets prohibited. Contact Host for parking concerns. Non-compliance may result in towing by HOA without prior notice.
NEED MORE SPACE? Inquire about additional units at the same property or two blocks away for bigger groups, weddings, or family get-togethers.
Please send an inquiry for more availability.
- No events or events allowed.
- Only guests on the reservation and registered with Host are allowed.
- No smoking of any kind, nor candles inside the unit nor outside on the porch, parking areas.
- No family pets allowed.
- EVs (electric cars) are not to be connected to outlets.
- City of Charleston Quiet hours from 11 pm to 7 am.
- Non-compliance may result in immediate termination without refund.
Check-In Time: 4pm
Check-Out Time: 10am
GUEST REGISTRATION: Before arrival, all guests must register with complete names, dates of birth, car information, a valid unexpired photo ID, and acceptance of the renters agreement. A confirmation e-mail will be sent upon submission. Check-in details, including door and WiFi codes, will be emailed 48 hours prior to arrival. Accurate guest information is required to avoid cancellation without a refund.
SECURITY DEPOSIT HOLD: A security deposit hold of $1300 is required by HCVR for this unit. It will be released 7 days after checkout if no issues arise. The security deposit hold is placed by HCVR and may involve separate payment methods.
TV: Savor SmartTVs with complimentary content apps. Guests can log into their own app accounts and must log off before leaving. No cable or local TV channels included.
CONSUMABLES: We offer initial supplies (coffee, creamer, sugar) for the Keurig. Shampoo, conditioner, soap, laundry pods, detergent, and trash bags based on availability. Starter supplies not replenished during stay. Consider bringing additional or buying locally for bigger quantities.
WIFI: Guests have complimentary access to WiFi. Modifying or disconnecting the WiFi service, including for T.V.s, WiFi, and door locks, is not allowed. Any intentional tampering or disconnection of WiFi and/or routers will result in immediate eviction without a refund. Standard internet connectivity supplied; capacity and speed limitations could apply when handling high-bandwidth demands.
REFUND AND CANCELLATION POLICY: Review your reservation's policy. Cancellations within refund period have 3% processing fee. Consider "Cancel for Any Reason" Insurance. No refunds for appliance/internet/HVAC/water issues. No refunds for power outages, internet disruptions, water shortages, flooding, construction, or evacuations due to natural events.
HURRICANE SEASON AND WEATHER EVENTS: Refunds/cancellations for hurricanes are only available with specific Governor-issued evacuation order for Charleston County during your stay. Our policy excludes weather events affecting your departure or transit locations. No refunds for other weather-related incidents, sickness, or flight cancellations as per our cancellation policy. Hurricane season is June to November. Protect your plans by purchasing Travel Insurance from Holy City Vacation Units or a trusted provider.
GUEST COMPLAINTS: Notify the Host promptly to address and resolve issues. Failure to communicate complaints timely forfeits the right to raise concerns. Host not responsible for external noises.
- Leave bed(s) unmade, but not stripped.
- Place used towels on bathroom floor.
- Run dishwasher if needed.
- Remove all food from refrigerator and freezer, ensuring nothing is left.
- Dispose of closed trash bags in designated bin near parking area.
- Double-check belongings.
- Close and lock all doors, including porches.
- Send text message to notify check-out.
NOTE: Guests acknowledge housekeeping fee covers standard cleaning (linen change, floor, kitchen, bathroom). Extra cleaning, e.g., biohazardous fluids, may cost up to $1000. Linens/furnishings replaced at replacement value.
SECURITY CAMERAS: This property is equipped with external perimeter security cameras to monitor public areas such as porches, parking areas, front doors, and common spaces. These cameras are active and record video and audio for enhanced security during guest reservations. Any attempt to disconnect, cover, or tamper with the cameras will result in immediate eviction without a refund.
PEST CONTROL: Despite routine pest control services, occasional bugs such as flies, ants, mosquitoes, gnats, palmetto bugs, and flying termites are possible in the coastal region of South Carolina, specifically in Charleston. Guests should be vigilant about closing doors to prevent pests from entering. Please note that HCVR does not offer refunds for pest complaints.. If a guest makes a fraudulent claim about pests to seek compensation, they will be charged for a service call from the security deposit.
POLLEN SEASON in Charleston takes place from March to June, peaking in April. During this time, trees release fine-textured pollen that floats through the air, leaving a yellow dust coating on various surfaces. To minimize pollen indoors, it is recommended to keep doors closed. However, it's important to note that HCVR does not offer refunds for complaints related to pollen.
SERVICE ANIMALS: Family Animals are not allowed on the rental property. Any presence of pets will result in eviction and forfeiture of payments. However, service animals are welcome. Owners of service animals must answer two ADA-related questions: 1) Is the animal required due to a disability? 2) What tasks is the animal trained to perform? Guests must provide a rabies vaccination certificate and keep the service animal with them at all times – no crating nor leaving them alone in the unit. Misrepresenting pets as service animals will lead to eviction without a refund and potential penalties as per SC Code Section 47-3-980. Failure to provide requested information will be considered as having a pet, leading to reservation cancellation. Misrepresenting a pet as a service animal may result in eviction and a pet cleaning fee of up to $1000.
WE DO NOT ACCEPT THIRD-PARTY BOOKINGS, defined as the person making the reservation on the behalf of others.
Charleston City Permit: 04128 / 04126
About the Area
Located in Charleston, this vacation home is in the city center. American Theater and Music Farm are cultural highlights, and some of the area's landmarks include Charleston Music Hall and Aiken-Rhett House Museum. Looking to enjoy an event or a game while in town? See what's happening at TD Arena or Charleston Gaillard Center. Discover the area's water adventures with kayaking, scuba diving, and snorkeling nearby, or enjoy the great outdoors with cycling.
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy
Know Before you Go
A car is not required for transportation to and from this property
- Pets not allowed
Tricks and tips to get the best Charleston area rental home experience:
Get the best value:
- Summer months are the most expensive season in the Charleston area area. To find the most suitable rental home within budget, we strongly suggest booking in the Fall or Spring. You'll benefit from lower rates, greater selection, warm weather and the absence of large crowds at popular Charleston area attractions and restaurants. Speaking of the off-season, don't overlook the holidays for a Charleston area vacation! Who wouldn't love a holiday near the ocean? Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Years are great times to gather with friends and family at the beach.
- In the Charleston area area, The sooner your group can book, the better your selection will be. The most desirable vacation rentals are booked very early. Reserving your rental up to twelve months before your vacation is recommended. Winter holidays are excellent times to search for and book your rental.
- Active Duty and veterans of the US Armed forces may qualify for special discounts. Be sure to ask your prospective property manager or host whether your group qualifies for a special rate.
- Booking websites often offer renters an option to buy trip insurance. Trip insurance, which costs between 1% - 5% of the stay price, offers visitors reimbursement of costs for missed time as a result of medical-related emergencies or weather, as well as hurricane evacuation charges, such as an unanticipated hotel or extra fuel expenses. Trip insurance can be a a life-saver if the unforeseen occurs. Ask your host for additional information.
- Find a copy of your local Charleston area visitors guide when you check-in. If your rental home doesn't have one, you can find them at local grocery stores, shopping centers, and visitor centers. In addition to great local information, visitors guide magazines have deals for local tours and attractions.
Narrow your Search:
- Choose vacation week and max budget.
- Decide how many beds and the configuration you need. Ashley and Cooper House Combined Takeover has 6 bedrooms and 4 bathrooms. If you need a larger or smaller rental, use our vacation rental search.
- Precise details about bedrooms and bed sizes & counts is almost always accessible on booking websites. If you don't see them listed, email the host before booking your home. Remember that most listings specify the maximum guest capacity, which usually includes pull-out couches.
- Are you looking for particular amenities? Most rental websites include amenity lists and search filters. Use these to your advantage to find the perfect rental home.
- Suitable accessibility amenities can make or break a vacation for persons with a disability. .
- Some rental properties allow pets, but some do not. Acceptable types of family pet, size and breeds may be restricted, and added costs may apply. Ask the property manager about allowable breeds and types before booking.
More tips for your visit:
- Review check in & check out procedures before traveling. Add a note with the directions to your phone, and take a printed backup.
- At Check-in, document any issues with the property and immediately contact the host. Record all correspondence in case a dispute arises.
- Ask questions. You may want instructions for a garage door opener, intercom or washer/dryer. Contact your property manager. They are there to help! A brief phone call prevents many problems.
- Be a good neighbor! You wouldn't like obnoxious vacationers bothering your quiet neighborhood. Use the golden rule for best judgement. If they like you, locals might even recommend great restaurants and places you would've not otherwise known!
- Don't forget to... Ask a local resident! Neighbors can usually point you in the right direction. Who better to ask where to book the best tours, have a great night out, or the best spots for shopping?
- Ensure you protect the property owner (and your things!) by locking the property while you are out, just like you would back home.
- Don't leave anything behind! Just before departing, walk through the rental property to reconfirm you've collected all belongings. Check bathrooms, dressers, and closets for hidden items. Clean the refrigerator and take or dispose of leftovers.
- Go through the property one final time and scan for any damage. We recommend walking through with the host whenever possible. If the property manager is not available, take pictures of the rental to record its condition at check-out.
- Remember to leave feedback! Hosts rely on great ratings to inspire more bookings. They'll be much obliged for your review. Alternatively, if something went wrong, other vacationing families will appreciate that you share your experience and help them have the best future vacation. Be fair with your review. If something fell short of expectations, consider whether the property manager could control the issue, and if so, whether they responded reasonably to fix it.
- William Aiken House - 0.4 miles
- Charleston Museum - 0.5 miles
- Joseph Manigault House - 0.6 miles
- Marion Square - 0.6 miles
- Johnson Hagood Stadium - 0.7 miles
- Brittlebank Park - 0.8 miles
- City Marina - 0.9 miles
- Hampton Park - 0.9 miles