- As low as $1,017/Night
- 6 Bedrooms
- 4 Bathrooms
- Sleeps 16
- 4 bathrooms
- 6 bedrooms
- Air conditioning
- Bed sheets provided
- Car not required
- Carbon monoxide detector
- Coffee/tea maker
- Cycling nearby
- Deadbolt lock
- Dining table
- Fire extinguisher
- First aid kit
- Golf nearby
- Hair dryer
- Ice maker
- In the city center
- Iron/ironing board
- Kayaking nearby
- Marina nearby
- Near a health or beauty spa
- Near a zoo
- Near the bay
- No pets allowed
- Porch or lanai
- Sailing nearby
- Shower/tub combination
- Sleeps 16
- Smart TV
- Smoke detector
- Smoke-free property
- Snorkeling nearby
- Sofa bed
- Surfing/body boarding nearby
- Swimming nearby
- Towels provided
- Unit size: 2800 sq ft (260 sq m)
- Washing machine and dryer
- WiFi available
- Wildlife and game walks nearby
About this Property
- Sleeps 16
- 6 Bedrooms
- 4 Bathrooms
- Private vacation home
- Approximately 2800 SQUARE_FEET
- Non-smoking property
- Pets welcome (restrictions apply)
- No children allowed
ABOUT ASHLEY HOME AND COOPER HOME
Please read the entire listing prior to booking.
Need a bigger space? This listing combines two of our gorgeous downtown Charleston properties.
Constructed in 1885, Ashley House is the entire bottom floor unit and Cooper House is the top floor. Normally offered separately, this listing combines the two with a max. capacity of 16. Half a block off of King Street. WALKABILITY SCORE: 95.
Recently modernized to high standards, each floor has 400 square feet of roomy verandahs, complete with haint blue coffered ceilings, rocking chairs, and outdoor dining.
Please visit each listing:
Ashley House: vrbo.com/2027091
Cooper House: vrbo.com/2050962
***IMPORTANT NOTE ON POTENTIAL FOR NOISE: Everything that makes this location extraordinary also means it's not suburban peaceful! Our location is marvelous for walkability and is surrounded by fantastic dining and entertainment - which includes music venues, including those located close by on King Street. While the City of Charleston has a noise ordinance that starts at 11 pm through 7 am - any loud music should end at 11 pm, even on the weekends - HCVR cannot control our proximity to the liveliness that makes this an superb location, nor can we be held responsible for adjacent noise out of our control. *If there is loud music or excessive noise after 11 pm from anywhere other than the property, we ask guests to please contact the non-emergency police number and file a complaint. This is not a good location for those that are bothered by urban noises and/or who need complete peaceful in order to sleep. There may be street noises and other sounds typical of an urban location. This unit is on the bottom floor of a huge home, with potential other guests in the unit above you - and you may hear your neighbors on-site and upstairs. As this building was constructed in 1885 and refreshed to retain the old-world Charleston appeal, the original wood floors do not have modern soundproofing. You may also hear other urban sounds like garbage trucks and other noises coming from the street areas. HCVR will not discount nor refund for noise complaints. By the act of renting this unit, the guest accepts the potential for noise as detailed above.
PARKING: This unit offers ONE off-street parking spot. Additional parking is located a block away in the City of Charleston parking garage at a charge of $18 per day. Note: No tandem parking. No blocking of stairwells or other cars. No motorbikes, scooters, golf carts, or any other type of motorized car. Guests are not to use modest side pad next to home. Guests are not to plug any car into the power outlets in the home, including but not limited to EV (Electric Vehicles). If there is a parking concern, please contact the Host immediately. HOA will tow without warning if parking rules are not followed.
Need even more room?
Wando House is also located on this same property. A self-standing modern Charleston side-home, Wando House can be added should you need more space.
Wando House: vrbo.com/2479028
No Parties (Note: THIS IS NOT A PARTY HOME!)
No guests that are not registered with host.
No smoking/candles inside or outside on property
No Family Animals
No EV (Electric Vehicles) to be connected to outlets
Quiet Hours 11pm to 7am
**Host/Property Manager reserves the right to terminate the rental immediately due to non-compliance of any of the rules listed above.
REGISTRATION: All guests are required to fill out a Point of Contact including home address. All guests are required to register prior to arrival with names, DOB of all guests, car information, and a copy of drivers license (e-mail to HCVR), and signing a Rental Agreement which will be sent to you via e-mail immediately. After that information is complete you will receive your confirmation e-mail. All guests receive check-in information, including door and wifi codes, 48 hours prior to arrival via e-mail.
SECURITY DEPOSIT $1300 as a credit card hold, to be released 7 days past checkout if no issues - security deposit required directly with HCVR.
TV: Please note that we offer SmartTVs that include some complimentary content apps. Guests are welcome to log into their private app accounts and are responsible for logging off before they leave. We do not offer cable.
CANCELLATION: Please review the cancellation policy. There is a $50 flat credit card processing fee for all cancellations. Please consider "Cancel for Any Reason" Travel Insurance - either through us, or elsewhere.
CONSUMABLES: We offer starter coffee pods/creamer/sugar for the Keurig coffee maker, and may include hotel-size shampoo/conditioner/soap, and other consumables such as laundry pods, laundry detergent, and trash bags, as available. If you believe you'll need more than those modest amounts, we ask that you consider bringing additional supplies.
CHECK-OUT PROCEDURES: We ask minimal of our guests upon check-out, but do require the following:
* Leave bed(s) unmade, but not stripped.
* Leave towels on floor of bathroom.
* Run the dishwasher if needed.
* Discard all foods from the refrigerator and freezer - Don't leave anything at all in the refrigerator or the freezer.
* Place closed trash bag(s) into the corresponding bin located behind or adjacent to the home near the parking area marked with your unit letter.
* Check to make sure you have taken all of your belongings!
* Close/lock all of the doors (including those to porches and verandahs!)
* Text us when you've checked out!
SECURITY CAMERAS: This property is monitored via external perimeter security cameras overlooking exterior public areas such as porches, parking, and common areas. Security cameras record during a guest reservation.
WE DO NOT ACCEPT THIRD-PARTY BOOKINGS.
COVID-19 Note: Our housekeeping crew will be adhering to strict CDC and DHEC recommended procedures.
About the Area
Located in Charleston, this vacation home is in the city center. Charleston Music Hall and Joseph Manigault House are local landmarks, and some of the area's attractions include Charleston Museum and South Carolina Aquarium. Looking to enjoy an event or a game while in town? See what's happening at TD Arena or Joseph P. Riley, Jr. Park. Discover the area's water adventures with kayaking, scuba diving, and snorkeling nearby, or enjoy the great outdoors with cycling.
Be prepared: check the latest COVID-19 travel requirements and measures in place for this destination before you travel.
Know Before you Go
A car is not required for transportation to and from this property
- Pets not allowed
How to find the best vacation home experience:
How to get the best value:
- The sooner you can book a rental home, the better your selection will be. The best rental properties are booked very early. Reserving your vacation home up to twelve months before your travel dates is recommended. Winter holidays are excellent times to plan and reserve your rental property.
- Summer time is high season in Charleston. To get the best value, consider shifting your vacation dates to the Spring or Fall months. May, September, and October offer great temperatures, , and reduced traffic.
- Veterans and Active Duty Military members may qualify for special discounts. Be sure to ask your prospective property management company or host if your family qualifies for a price reduction.
- Property management companies frequently offer guests an option to obtain vacation insurance. Trip insurance, which commonly costs 1% - 5% of the booking price, offers visitors reimbursement of costs for days missed as a result of personal medical-related catastrophes or weather, as well as hurricane evacuation costs or charges, such as an unanticipated hotel overnight or extra fuel expenses. Trip insurance is definitely a life-saver if the unforeseen occurs. Ask the property owner for program terms and fees.
- Find a copy of your local Charleston area visitors guide magazine upon checking in. If your rental property doesn't have a copy, you can find them at local shops and fuel stations. In addition to great local information, travel guide magazines have offers and deals for local restaurants, attractions, and tours.
Planning, picking, and booking the bestrental:
- Select a group leader, select your vacation week, and choose a max budget.
- Determine how many beds and the configuration your family needs. Ashley and Cooper House Combined Takeover has 6 bedrooms and 4 bathrooms. If you need a larger or smaller rental, use our rentals search.
- Specific details about bedrooms and bed counts is generally available online. If you don't see them listed, contact the property owner before you reserve the rental. Note that most listings specify maximum guest capacity, which oftentimes includes sofa beds. You'll need to determine what bed configuration is optimal for your family.
- Some rental properties allow pets, but some don't. Acceptable types of family pet, weight and breeds may be restricted, and added costs may apply. Ask the owner about pets before booking.
- Visiting for a specific attraction or event? If so, use a map search to locate nearby properties.
- Proper accessibility amenities can make or break a vacation for guests that require the use of a wheelchair. Make certain to inquire about specialized equipment and wheel chair accessibility.
During your stay:
- Add the owner's phone number to your phone. Print and take a copy of arrival/departure procedures.
- Ask questions. You may want instructions for a garage door opener, intercom or coffee maker. Contact your host. They are there to help! A brief text message can prevent a lot of problems.
- Lock your rental while you are out. Protect your property!
- At Check-in, make note of any issues with the property and immediately alert the host. Record all correspondence just in case a dispute arises.
- Be a good neighbor! You wouldn't like loud visitors bothering your peaceful home life. Practice the golden rule for common sense. Happy residents may even recommend great beaches and scenic spots you would've not otherwise known about!
- Speaking of neighbors... Ask a local resident! Local residents can often help you find the best spots in town. Who better to ask where to find the best seashells, have a great night on the town, or the best spots for BBQ?
- Don't leave anything behind! Before departing, walk through the property to reconfirm you've collected all belongings. Remember to check dressers, closets, and bathrooms for hidden treasure. Clean the refrigerator and take or dispose of leftovers.
- Inspect the rental a final time and scan for any damage. We advise walking through with the host whenever you can (often this isn't possible). If the property manager is not available, ensure that you take photos and video of the rental to record its condition at check-out.
- Did your family have a terrific time? Most rental websites make it easy for clients to provide reviews. If your rental and/or property manager was terrific, they would love to hear it. If anything was amiss and they failed to fix it in a reasonable manner, or if the vacation rental wasn't as described, you'll want to make a note as part of your comments.
- William Aiken House - 0.4 miles
- Charleston Museum - 0.5 miles
- Joseph Manigault House - 0.6 miles
- Marion Square - 0.6 miles
- Johnson Hagood Stadium - 0.7 miles
- Brittlebank Park - 0.8 miles
- City Marina - 0.9 miles
- Hampton Park - 0.9 miles