- As low as $743/Night
- 6 Bedrooms
- 4 Bathrooms
- Sleeps 16
- 4 bathrooms
- 6 bedrooms
- Air conditioning
- Bed sheets provided
- Car not required
- Carbon monoxide detector
- Coffee/tea maker
- Cycling nearby
- Deadbolt lock
- Dining table
- Fire extinguisher
- First aid kit
- Fishing nearby
- Golf nearby
- Hair dryer
- Hardwood flooring in public areas
- Ice maker
- If you have requests for specific accessibility needs, please contact the property using the information on the reservation confirmation received after booking.
- In the city center
- Iron/ironing board
- Laundry detergent
- Living room
- Marina nearby
- Near a health or beauty spa
- Near a zoo
- Near the bay
- No pets allowed
- Onsite parking
- Onsite parking options include a garage
- Porch or lanai
- Power boating nearby
- Scuba diving nearby
- Security system
- Shower/tub combination
- Sleeps 16
- Smart TV
- Smoke detector
- Smoke-free property
- Snorkeling nearby
- Sofa bed
- Surfing/body boarding nearby
- Towels provided
- Unit size: 2800 sq ft (260 sq m)
- Washing machine and dryer
- WiFi available
- Wildlife and game walks nearby
About this Property
- Sleeps 16
- 6 Bedrooms
- 4 Bathrooms
- Private vacation home
- Approximately 2800 square feet
ABOUT ASHLEY HOME AND COOPER HOME
Please read the entire listing prior to booking.
Need a bigger space? This listing combines two of our handsome downtown Charleston properties.
Constructed in 1885, Ashley House is the entire bottom floor unit and Cooper House is the top floor. Normally offered separately, this listing combines the two with a max. capacity of 16. Half a block off of King Street. WALKABILITY SCORE: 95.
Recently remodeled to high standards, each floor has 400 square feet of cavernous verandahs, complete with haint blue coffered ceilings, rocking chairs, and outdoor dining.
Please visit each listing:
Ashley House: vrbo.com/2027091
Cooper House: vrbo.com/2050962
***IMPORTANT NOTE ON POTENTIAL FOR NOISE: Everything that makes this location amazing also means it's not suburban peaceful! Our location is marvelous for walkability and is surrounded by impressive dining and entertainment - which includes music venues, including those located close by on King Street. While the City of Charleston has a noise ordinance that starts at 11 pm through 7 am - any loud music should end at 11 pm, even on the weekends - HCVR cannot control our proximity to the liveliness that makes this an delightful location, nor can we be held responsible for adjacent noise out of our control. *If there is loud music or excessive noise after 11 pm from anywhere other than the property, we ask guests to please contact the non-emergency police number and file a complaint. This is not a good location for those that are bothered by urban noises and/or who need complete peaceful in order to sleep. There may be street noises and other sounds typical of an urban location. This unit is on the bottom floor of a huge home, with potential other guests in the unit above you - and you may hear your neighbors on-site and upstairs. As this building was constructed in 1885 and refreshed to retain the old-world Charleston appeal, the original wood floors do not have modern soundproofing. You may also hear other urban sounds like garbage trucks and other noises coming from the street areas. HCVR will not discount nor refund for noise complaints. By the act of renting this unit, the guest accepts the potential for noise as detailed above.
PARKING: This unit offers ONE off-street parking spot. Additional parking is located a block away in the City of Charleston parking garage at a charge of $18 per day. Note: No tandem parking. No blocking of stairwells or other cars. No motorbikes, scooters, golf carts, or any other type of motorized car. Guests are not to use modest side pad next to home. Guests are not to plug any car into the power outlets in the home, including but not limited to EV (Electric Vehicles). If there is a parking concern, please contact the Host immediately. HOA will tow without warning if parking rules are not followed.
Need even more room?
Wando House is also located on this same property. A self-standing modern Charleston side-home, Wando House can be added should you need more space.
Wando House: vrbo.com/2479028
No Parties (Note: THIS IS NOT A PARTY HOME!)
No guests that are not registered with host.
No smoking/candles inside or outside on property
No Family Animals
No EV (Electric Vehicles) to be connected to outlets
Quiet Hours 11pm to 7am
**Host/Property Manager reserves the right to terminate the rental immediately with no refund due to non-compliance of any of the rules listed above.
REGISTRATION: All guests are required to register prior to arrival with full names and dates of birth of all registered guests, car information, a copy of a valid unexpired photo ID such as a drivers license or a passport, and acceptance of a renters agreement. After information is complete, guest will receive a confirmation e-mail. Check-in information, including door and wifi codes, will be emailed 48 hours prior to arrival via e-mail. Please note that guest information must be correct or risk cancellation with no refund.
SECURITY DEPOSIT $1300 as a credit card hold, to be released 7 days past checkout if no issues - security deposit required directly with HCVR. HCVR is a software-connected Host that can charge and collect certain costs using a separate payment method outside of vacation rental portal websites.
TV: Please note that we offer SmartTVs that include some complimentary content apps. Guests are welcome to log into their private app accounts and are responsible for logging off before they leave. We do not offer cable, nor local TV channels.
CANCELLATION: Please review the cancellation policy. There is a 3% credit card processing fee for all cancellations. Please consider "Cancel for Any Reason" Travel Insurance - either through us or elsewhere. Hurricane-related refunds are only given if a mandatory evacuation order for Charleston County is publicly proclaimed by the Governor of SC for the dates of your stay. This does not apply to weather events in a guest's location of departure or transit. No other weather-related, sickness, or flight cancellation events will be refunded, and please note that HCVR follows the cancellation policies. Please note that hurricane season is from early June to late November. Holy City Vacation Units strongly suggests all guests consider the purchase of Travel Insurance to safeguard their travels from unforeseen circumstances.
CONSUMABLES: We offer starter coffee pods/creamer/sugar for the Keurig coffee maker, and may include hotel-size shampoo/conditioner/soap, and other consumables such as laundry pods, laundry detergent, and trash bags, as available. If you believe you'll need more than those modest amounts, we ask that you consider bringing additional supplies.
CHECK-OUT PROCEDURES: We ask minimal of our guests upon check-out, but do require the following:
* Leave bed(s) unmade, but not stripped.
* Leave towels on floor of bathroom.
* Run the dishwasher if needed.
* Discard all foods from the refrigerator and freezer - Don't leave anything at all in the refrigerator or the freezer.
* Place closed trash bag(s) into the corresponding bin located behind or adjacent to the home near the parking area marked with your unit letter.
* Check to make sure you have taken all of your belongings!
* Close/lock all of the doors (including those to porches and verandahs!)
* Text us when you've checked out!
SECURITY CAMERAS: This property is monitored via external perimeter security cameras overlooking exterior public areas such as porches, parking, and common areas. Security cameras record during a guest reservation.
WE DO NOT ACCEPT THIRD-PARTY BOOKINGS.
COVID-19 Note: Our housekeeping crew will be adhering to strict CDC and DHEC recommended procedures.
About the Area
Located in Charleston, this vacation home is in the city center. Patriots Point and Music Farm are cultural highlights, and some of the area's landmarks include Charleston City Market and Charleston Music Hall. Looking to enjoy an event or a game while in town? See what's happening at TD Arena or Charleston Gaillard Center. Discover the area's water adventures with kayaking, scuba diving, and snorkeling nearby, or enjoy the great outdoors with cycling.
Be prepared: check the latest COVID-19 travel requirements and measures in place for this destination before you travel.
Know Before you Go
A car is not required for transportation to and from this property
- Pets not allowed
Tips and Tricks to get the perfect rental home experience:
Get the most from your rental budget:
- The earlier your group can reserve a vacation home, the better your selection will be. The most desirable properties are reserved very early. Booking your rental home 6-12 months before your vacation is recommended. Winter holidays are excellent times to plan and reserve your vacation home.
- Summer is high season in the Charleston area area. Book your rental home in Spring or Fall to enjoy beautiful weather while saving money and avoiding crowds.
- Veterans and Active Duty Military members may be qualified for special discounts. Be sure to ask your prospective property management company or host whether your family qualifies for a price reduction or discount.
- Property management companies often offer customers an option to add trip insurance. Trip insurance, which commonly will cost you 1% - 5% of the stay price, offers visitors reimbursement of their vacation costs for missed time as a result of medical-related issues or weather, as well as ensuing additional hurricane evacuation costs, such as an unanticipated hotel or additional gasoline expenses. Trip insurance might be a a bank account-saver if the unforeseen occurs. Ask the property owner for program terms and fees.
- Find a copy of your local Charleston area area magazine when you arrive at the rental property. If your rental home doesn't have a copy, you can find them at local grocery stores and visitor centers. In addition to great local stories, travel guide magazines contain coupons for local shops and restaurants.
Finding the perfect rental in Charleston:
- Start by having your group select the best dates and a spending budget.
- Note the number beds and what type of bedroom configuration your group needs. Ashley and Cooper House Combined Takeover has 6 bedrooms and 4 bathrooms. If you need a larger or smaller rental, use our vacation rental search.
- Specific descriptions of bedrooms and bed counts & types is regularly available on booking pages. If you don't see them listed, email or call the property owner before reserving the rental. Remember that most property listings specify the maximum guest capacity, which frequently includes pull-out couches and bunk beds.
- Do your family pets travel with you? Many vacation homes allow animals, but guidelines and restrictions apply. Type of pet, size and breeds may be limited. Ask your property manager before booking, and study your agreement! Additional fees or costs might be applied to your agreement.
- Looking for particular amenities? Most websites include search filters with amenity lists. Filtering by amenity will allow you to quickly find the perfect rental.
- Proper accessibility amenities can make or ruin a vacation for the less-mobile. .
Advice for a smooth stay:
- Review arrival and departure procedures before leaving home. Take a printed copy, and save the instructions to your smartphone.
- Hosts are there to help! Feel free to ask questions during your stay.
- Lock your rental while you're out. Protect the owner's property and your stuff!
- Make a record of any issues with the property during check in, and immediately e-mail them to the property manager. We specifically recommend e-mails and text messages, as they usually contain built-in time stamps that can be helpful if damages are assessed.
- Be a good neighbor! You wouldn't like obnoxious visitors bothering your peace. Apply the golden rule for common sense. If they like you, locals might even recommend great local food and places you would have not otherwise known!
- Don't forget to... Ask a local resident! Neighbors can typically help you find exactly what you're looking for. Who better to ask where to order delicious takeout, have a great night on the town, or the best spots for fishing?
- Re-check the vacation property to make sure that you've packed all belongings at check-out. Remember to check bathrooms, garages, and back yards for hidden belongings. Clean the refrigerator and take or dispose of leftovers.
- Walk through the rental one final time and keep an eye out for any damage. We recommend inspecting the property with the host whenever you can (often this isn't possible). If the manager is not available, remember to take photographs of the property to record its condition at check-out.
- Leave feedback! Property owners rely on good feedback to propel new reservations. They'll be grateful for your review. Alternatively, if something went wrong, other families will be thankful you shared your review find their best rental home. Please be objective. If something fell short of expectations, consider whether the host could control the issue, and if so, whether they responded reasonably to remedy it.
- William Aiken House - 0.4 miles
- Charleston Museum - 0.5 miles
- Joseph Manigault House - 0.6 miles
- Marion Square - 0.6 miles
- Johnson Hagood Stadium - 0.7 miles
- Brittlebank Park - 0.8 miles
- City Marina - 0.9 miles
- Hampton Park - 0.9 miles
- City Market - 1.1 miles
- Gibbes Museum of Art - 1.1 miles
Ready to book Ashley and Cooper House Combined Takeover?Book Online Get Information Call: