- As low as $536/Night
- 3 Bedrooms
- 3 Bathrooms
- Sleeps 8
- 3 bathrooms
- 3 bedrooms
- Air conditioning
- Bed sheets provided
- Car recommended
- Carbon monoxide detector
- Coffee/tea maker
- Dining room
- Fire extinguisher
- Fitness facilities nearby
- Hair dryer
- In the city center
- Iron/ironing board
- Near a health or beauty spa
- Near a hospital
- Near laundromat
- Near outlet shopping
- Pet friendly
- Power boating nearby
- Sleeps 8
- Smoke detector
- Smoke-free property
- Towels provided
- TV with cable/satellite service
- Unit size: 1103 sq ft (102 sq m)
- Washing machine and dryer
- WiFi available
About this Property
- Sleeps 8
- 3 Bedrooms
- 3 Bathrooms
- Approximately 1103 SQUARE_FEET
- Parties and events are permitted (restrictions apply)
- Non-smoking property
- Pets welcome (restrictions apply)
Pretty as a peach, our Carolopolis Award winning John Bulow House was build in the late 1800’s before undergoing a full remodel in 1996. Carefully marrying new with nostalgia, we lovingly maintained historic details while incorporating modern amenities.
With three bedrooms and two bathrooms, the elegant first-floor A1 apartment is ready to host your next Charleston vacation for up to 8 guests. Enter through the quintessential Charleston-style front porch in to a gracious living room bathed in natural light from a graceful bay window.
The first bedroom is a flexible space to be used as a sitting room during the day with a queen Murphy bed to comfortable sleep at nighttime. The second bedroom features a extravagant king bed. The two bedrooms share access to a pretty bathroom complete with granite finishes and a glass shower.
At the rear of the apartment you’ll find the third, master bedroom with a king bed and ensuite bathroom.
A mere stone’s throw from downtown Charleston’s bustling stores, eateries and more, should you decide to eat in, the modern kitchen is features new appliances and amenities coupled with a cozy dining room to comfortably seat 6-8 guests.
As our guest, you’ll be given convenient parking and a delightfully unique space to call your own during your Charleston hideaway that is mere steps away from all that historic downtown has to offer.
If you are planning a wedding or a group adventure, let us know. We can accommodate 2-72 people at St Philip Square in 2 to 5 bedroom apartments. It's the ideal place for your whole group to be together in extraordinarily comfortable, convenient and alluring accommodations.
About the Area
Located in Charleston, this apartment is in the city center. Music Farm and Charleston Music Hall are cultural highlights, and travelers looking to shop may want to visit Upper King Design District and Shops at Charleston Place. Looking to enjoy an event or a game while in town? See what's going on at TD Arena, or consider a night out at Historic Rice Mill. Take an opportunity to explore the area for water adventures such as motor boating and other activities like outlet shopping.
Be prepared: check the latest COVID-19 travel requirements and measures in place for this destination before you travel.
Know Before you Go
A car is recommended for transportation to and from this property
- Pets allowed
- Service animals are welcome, and are exempt from fees
Charleston area rental property booking tips:
Sticking to your budget:
- Reserve your vacation home as soon as possible. Rental schedules often become available twelve months in advance (or in September just after Summer ends). Many families book their Summer vacations during Winter holiday get-togethers. Book before these holidays for best selection.
- Book your Charleston area vacation in the Spring or Fall to get the benefit of warm weather while saving money and avoiding crowded roads, restaurants, and activities.
- Some hosts and property managers offer rate reductions for veterans. Remember to ask your property manager if special offers are available for your family before you book.
- Property management companies frequently offer renters an option to purchase trip insurance. Trip insurance, which normally will cost you anywhere between 1% - 5% of the base booking price, offers visitors reimbursement of their vacation costs for any missed vacation time as a result of personal medical-related issues or weather, as well as ensuing additional evacuation costs or charges, such as an unanticipated hotel stay or additional gasoline expenses. Trip insurance can be a a welcome relief if the unforeseen occurs. Ask your host for more information.
- Look for your local visitors guide upon checking in. If your rental property doesn't have one, you can find them at local shops and visitor centers. In addition to great local articles, visitors guide magazines have discounts for nearby accommodations, tours and attractions.
Use filters to search efficiently:
- First and foremost, have your group choose date ranges and a max budget.
- Determine how many bedrooms and what type of bedroom configuration you need. (A1) John Bulow House at St. Philip Square has 3 bedrooms and 3 bathrooms. If you need a larger or smaller rental, use our Charleston area vacation rental search.
- Specific details about bedrooms and bed counts & types is often accessible on booking pages. If they are not listed, call the host before you reserve the vacation home. Note that most listings specify the max. guest capacity, which usually includes sofa beds in living rooms.
- Some rentals allow pets, and others don't. Allowable types of family pet, size and breeds may be restricted, and additional charges may apply. Ask the property management company about allowable pet guidelines before booking.
- Looking for specific amenities? Most rental search websites include search filters for amenities. Use these to your advantage to find the perfect rental home.
- Suitable accessibility amenities can make or ruin a vacation for guests with disabilities. Remember to confirm all required amenities are available and included before reserving a rental
More tips for your stay:
- Be sure you get the owner's phone number and arrival/departure procedures for your rental.
- Ask questions. You may need instructions for a fireplace, intercom or thermostat. Contact your host. They are there to help! A brief text message prevents quite a few concerns.
- Keep your rental home locked while you're out! Don't let thieves spoil your family vacation.
- To ensure that damages are not linked to your family's stay, note any problem areas upon your arrival. Get in touch with the host right away to record any pre-existing damages. If there is a dispute about legal responsibility later, having a record of issues and contact attempts will be very helpful.
- Respecting quiet hours and parking policies can make a stay more pleasurable. You'll magnify your chance to make local friends, and resident neighbors are a fantastic resource to find the best local attractions.
- Don't forget to... Ask a local resident! Neighbors can often help you find the best spots in town. Who better to ask where to charter a fishing boat, have a great night out, or the best spots for bird watching?
- Don't leave anything behind! Before departing, take a walk through the rental to confirm you've collected all personal belongings. Remember to check closets, dressers, garages, and bathrooms for hidden belongings. Remove everything from the refrigerator and take or dispose of leftovers.
- Go through the rental one final time and scan for any damage. We recommend walking through with the property manager whenever you can. If the property manager is not available, remember to take photos and video of the rental to record its condition.
- Remember to leave a review! Property managers rely on good feedback to stimulate new reservations. They'll be much obliged for your review. Alternatively, if something went awry, other vacationers will appreciate that you share your review and help them have the best future vacation. Be fair with your review. If something fell short of expectations, consider whether the owner had any control over the issue, and if so, whether they responded expeditiously to fix it.
- William Aiken House - 0.4 miles
- Charleston Museum - 0.5 miles
- Joseph Manigault House - 0.5 miles
- Marion Square - 0.6 miles
- Johnson Hagood Stadium - 0.7 miles
- Hampton Park - 0.9 miles
- The Citadel - 0.9 miles
- Kahal Kadosh Beth Elohim - 0.9 miles