- As low as $530/Night
- 3 Bedrooms
- 3 Bathrooms
- Sleeps 8
- 3 bathrooms
- 3 bedrooms
- Air conditioning
- Bed sheets provided
- Car recommended
- Carbon monoxide detector
- Coffee/tea maker
- Dining room
- Fire extinguisher
- Fitness facilities nearby
- Hair dryer
- In the city center
- Iron/ironing board
- Living room
- Near a health or beauty spa
- Near a hospital
- Near laundromat
- Near outlet shopping
- Onsite parking
- Pet friendly
- Power boating nearby
- Smoke detector
- Smoke-free property
- Towels provided
- TV with cable/satellite service
- Unit size: 1103 sq ft (102 sq m)
- Washing machine and dryer
- WiFi available
About this Property
- Sleeps 8
- 3 Bedrooms
- 3 Bathrooms
- Approximately 1103 square feet
Pretty as a peach, our Carolopolis Award winning John Bulow House was build in the late 1800’s before undergoing a full remodel in 1996. Carefully marrying new with nostalgia, we lovingly maintained historic details while incorporating modern amenities.
With three bedrooms and two bathrooms, the elegant first-floor A1 apartment is ready to host your next Charleston vacation for up to 8 guests. Enter through the quintessential Charleston-style front porch in to a gracious living room bathed in natural light from a graceful bay window.
The first bedroom is a flexible space to be used as a sitting room during the day with a queen Murphy bed to comfortable sleep at nighttime. The second bedroom features a opulent king bed. The two bedrooms share access to a pretty bathroom complete with granite finishes and a glass shower.
At the rear of the apartment you’ll find the third, master bedroom with a king bed and ensuite bathroom.
A mere stone’s throw from downtown Charleston’s bustling stores, eateries and more, should you decide to eat in, the modern kitchen is features new appliances and amenities coupled with a cozy dining room to comfortably seat 6-8 guests.
As our guest, you’ll be given convenient parking and a delightfully unique space to call your own during your Charleston hideaway that is mere steps away from all that historic downtown has to offer.
If you are planning a wedding or a group adventure, let us know. We can accommodate 2-72 people at St Philip Square in 2 to 5 bedroom apartments. It's the ideal place for your whole group to be together in extraordinarily comfortable, convenient and handsome accommodations.
About the Area
Located in Charleston, this apartment is in the city center. Port of Charleston Cruise Terminal and Harborage at Ashley Marina are worth checking out if an activity is on the agenda, while those wishing to experience the area's natural beauty can explore Fort Sumter and Fort Moultrie National Historical Park and Marion Square. Looking to enjoy an event or a game while in town? See what's going on at TD Arena, or consider a night out at Historic Rice Mill. Take an opportunity to explore the area for water adventures such as motor boating and other activities like outlet shopping.
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy
Know Before you Go
A car is recommended for transportation to and from this property
- Pets allowed
- Service animals are welcome, and are exempt from fees
Tips and Tricks for getting the best Charleston area vacation rental experience:
Get the most from your rental home budget:
- Book your vacation home as early as possible. Rental schedules usually become available twelve months in advance (or in September just after Summer ends). Many groups reserve their Summer vacation rentals during Thanksgiving and Christmas gatherings. Reserve before these holidays for best selection.
- June, July, and August are the most expensive months in Charleston. Reserve your rental property in Fall or Spring months to get the benefit of beautiful weather while saving money and avoiding crowds. Many vacationers use this strategy to find larger homes within budget, or to book an oceanfront rental that would otherwise be unavailable or unaffordable during the high season. Speaking of the off-season, don't overlook the holidays for a Charleston area vacation! Who wouldn't love a holiday near the ocean? Christmas, Thanksgiving, and New Years Eve are great times to gather with friends and family at your favorite beach.
- Owners sometimes offer discounts for veterans. Make sure to check with your host or property manager to see if rate reductions are available for your family.
- Management companies and individual rental owners frequently offer their guests an option to obtain vacation insurance. Trip insurance, which commonly will cost between 1% - 5% of the base booking price, offers visitors reimbursement of their vacation costs for any missed vacation time as a result of medical-related emergencies or weather disasters, as well as evacuation costs, such as an unexpected hotel stay or extra gasoline expenses. Trip insurance is definitely a bank account-saver if the unforeseen happens. Ask your property manager for program terms and fees.
- Many management companies and vacation rental houses supply Charleston area area travel guide magazines which will include special deals, either offered independently by local businesses, or through a relationship between the property management company and the business itself. You can also find visitors guide and coupon books at local grocery stores, shopping centers, and visitor centers.
Planning, selecting, and booking your Charleston area rental home:
- Start by having your family decide on trip dates and a maximum budget.
- Decide how many bedrooms and what type of bedroom configuration you need. (A1) John Bulow House at St. Philip Square has 3 bedrooms and 3 bathrooms.
- Specific details about bedrooms and bed counts & types is generally accessible on booking pages. Otherwise, call the property management company before reserving the property. Remember that most properties list the maximum guest capacity, which oftentimes includes pull-out couches and bunk beds. You'll need to work out what is right for your trip.
- Some rental properties allow pets, but some do not. Allowable types of dog or cat, weight and breeds may be restricted, and added costs may apply. Ask your host about allowable pet guidelines before booking.
- If there's a certain Charleston area destination you are enamored with, browse rentals that are either near by, or those that cater to your desires.
- Appropriate accessibility amenities can make or ruin a vacation for guests with disabilities. Confirm all necessary amenities are available and included before reserving a rental
Know before you go:
- Review arrival and departure procedures before leaving home. Add a note with the directions to your smartphone, and take a printed copy.
- Hosts are there to help! Feel free to ask questions during your stay.
- Lock your rental home while you're out. Protect the owner's property and your stuff!
- Make a record of any issues with the rental upon arrival, and immediately send them to the owner. We specifically recommend e-mails and text messages, as they usually contain built-in time stamps that can be helpful if damages are attributed to your stay.
- Be respectful. Often times, adjacent homes are occupied by permanent residents. Respecting noise limits and parking rules is the right thing to do.
- Speaking of neighbors... Ask a local resident! Neighbors can usually help you find exactly what you're looking for. Who better to ask where to grab the best tacos, have a great night on the town, or the best spots for crabbing?
- Just before checking out, take a final walk-through to confirm you didn't forget any personal items. Re-check bathrooms, garages, and back yards for hidden belongings. Clean out the refrigerator and take any leftovers home.
- Document the condition of the property at check-out. We recommend taking a video during your final walk-through.
- Did you have a excellent vacation? Most rental managers make it easy for vacationers to provide reviews. If your rental property and/or host was wonderful, they would love to hear it. If anything was amiss and they failed to address it in a reasonable manner, or if the vacation rental wasn't described correctly, you'll want to make a note as part of your review.
- William Aiken House - 0.4 miles
- Charleston Museum - 0.5 miles
- Joseph Manigault House - 0.5 miles
- Marion Square - 0.6 miles
- Johnson Hagood Stadium - 0.7 miles
- Hampton Park - 0.9 miles
- The Citadel - 0.9 miles
- Kahal Kadosh Beth Elohim - 0.9 miles