- As low as $541/Night
- 3 Bedrooms
- 3 Bathrooms
- Sleeps 8
- 3 bathrooms
- 3 bedrooms
- Air conditioning
- Bed sheets provided
- Car recommended
- Carbon monoxide detector
- Coffee/tea maker
- Dining room
- Fire extinguisher
- Fitness facilities nearby
- Hair dryer
- In the city center
- Iron/ironing board
- Living room
- Near a health or beauty spa
- Near a hospital
- Near laundromat
- Near outlet shopping
- Onsite parking
- Pet friendly
- Power boating nearby
- Sleeps 8
- Smoke detector
- Smoke-free property
- Towels provided
- TV with cable/satellite service
- Unit size: 1103 sq ft (102 sq m)
- Washing machine and dryer
- WiFi available
About this Property
- Sleeps 8
- 3 Bedrooms
- 3 Bathrooms
- Approximately 1103 square feet
Pretty as a peach, our Carolopolis Award winning John Bulow House was build in the late 1800’s before undergoing a full remodel in 1996. Carefully marrying new with nostalgia, we lovingly maintained historic details while incorporating modern amenities.
With three bedrooms and two bathrooms, the charming first-floor A1 apartment is ready to host your next Charleston vacation for up to 8 guests. Enter through the quintessential Charleston-style front porch in to a gracious living room bathed in natural light from a graceful bay window.
The first bedroom is a flexible space to be used as a sitting room during the day with a queen Murphy bed to comfortable sleep at nighttime. The second bedroom features a extravagant king bed. The two bedrooms share access to a enchanting bathroom complete with granite finishes and a glass shower.
At the rear of the apartment you’ll find the third, master bedroom with a king bed and ensuite bathroom.
A mere stone’s throw from downtown Charleston’s bustling stores, eateries and more, should you decide to eat in, the modern kitchen is features new appliances and amenities coupled with a cozy dining room to comfortably seat 6-8 guests.
As our guest, you’ll be given convenient parking and a delightfully unique space to call your own during your Charleston hideaway that is mere steps away from all that historic downtown has to offer.
If you are planning a wedding or a group adventure, let us know. We can accommodate 2-72 people at St Philip Square in 2 to 5 bedroom apartments. It's the ideal place for your whole group to be together in extraordinarily comfortable, convenient and handsome accommodations.
About the Area
Located in Charleston, this apartment is in the city center. Port of Charleston Cruise Terminal and Harborage at Ashley Marina are worth checking out if an activity is on the agenda, while those wishing to experience the area's natural beauty can explore Fort Sumter and Fort Moultrie National Historical Park and Marion Square. Looking to enjoy an event or a game while in town? See what's going on at TD Arena, or consider a night out at Historic Rice Mill. Take an opportunity to explore the area for water adventures such as motor boating and other activities like outlet shopping.
Be prepared: check the latest COVID-19 travel requirements and measures in place for this destination before you travel.
Know Before you Go
A car is recommended for transportation to and from this property
- Pets allowed
- Service animals are welcome, and are exempt from fees
Strategies to get the perfect vacation property experience:
When to book & When to go:
- Summer months are the most expensive season along the coast of SC. To get the best rental within your budget, we highly recommend booking in the Fall or Spring. You'll enjoy lower rental rates, better selection, beautiful weather and the absence of large crowds at popular Charleston area attractions and restaurants. Speaking of the off-season, don't overlook the holidays for a Charleston area vacation! Who wouldn't love a holiday vacation near the ocean? Thanksgiving and Christmas are great times to gather with family and friends at your favorite beach.
- In the Charleston area area, The sooner you can book a rental home, the easier your search will be. The best rental homes are booked very early. Reserving your rental 6-12 months before your vacation is recommended. Winter holidays are excellent times to search for and reserve your rental property.
- Veterans and Active Duty Military members may be qualified for special discounts. Be sure to ask your prospective property owner if your family qualifies for a special promotion or discount.
- Property management companies typically offer renters an option to add trip insurance protection. Trip insurance, which costs between 1% - 5% of the base reservation price, offers visitors reimbursement of their vacation costs for days missed as a result of medical-related issues or weather disasters, as well as ensuing additional hurricane evacuation charges, such as an unanticipated hotel overnight or additional gasoline expenses. Trip insurance might be a a life-saver if the unforeseen happens. Ask the property owner for additional information.
- Find a copy of your local Charleston area visitors guide magazine when you arrive at the rental property. If your rental property doesn't have a copy, you can find them at local grocery stores and visitor centers. In addition to great local stories, visitor guide magazines contain money saving offers on local restaurants, attractions, and tours.
Choosing the best vacation rental:
- Start by choosing your potential vacation weeks and a max budget.
- Determine how many beds and the configuration your family requires. (A1) John Bulow House at St. Philip Square has 3 bedrooms and 3 bathrooms.
- Precise descriptions of bedrooms and bed counts & types is regularly accessible on booking websites. If you don't see them listed, email or call the host before reserving the vacation home. Note that most properties list maximum guest capacity, which oftentimes includes pull-out couches. You'll need to establish what is right for your group.
- Are you visiting for a specific event or attraction? Use a map search to locate nearby rentals.
- Appropriate accessibility can make or ruin a vacation for those with limited mobility. Confirm all required amenities are available and included before reserving a rental
- Remember to include your furry companions! Many vacation homes allow animals, but guidelines and restrictions apply. Type of pet, size and breeds may be limited. Ask your property manager before booking, and study your rental agreement! Additional fees or charges may be applied to your contract.
- Review check in & check out procedures before traveling. Take a printed copy, and add a note with the directions to your phone.
- Upon check-in, document any issues with the rental property and immediately contact the property manager. Record all coorespondence.
- Ask questions. You may need instructions for a hot tub, intercom or kitchen appliance. Contact your host. They are there to help! A brief phone call can prevent lots of issues.
- Respecting quiet hours and parking rules can make a stay significantly more pleasurable. Be a good neighbor. You will increase your chance to make some new local friends, and resident neighbors are usually a great resource to find the best local attractions.
- Speaking of neighbors... Ask a local! Neighbors can usually help. Who better to ask where to order delicious takeout, have a great night out, or the best spots for shopping?
- Protect the owner (and your stuff!) by locking the property while you are gone, just like you would at home.
- Don't leave anything behind! Just before you drive away, take a walk through the property to make sure you've collected everything. Re-check bathrooms, garages, and back yards for hidden items. Clean out the refrigerator and take or dispose of leftovers.
- Go through the rental a final time and keep an eye out for any damage. We suggest inspecting the property with the host whenever you can. If the property manager isn't available, take photos and video of the property to record its condition.
- Remember to leave a review! Property owners rely on good ratings to stimulate new reservations. They'll be much obliged for your review. Alternatively, if something wasn't right, other vacationing families will will be grateful for your review and help them have the best future vacation. Please be fair with your feedback If something fell short of expectations, consider whether the manager could control the issue, and if so, whether they responded quickly to remedy it.
- William Aiken House - 0.4 miles
- Charleston Museum - 0.5 miles
- Joseph Manigault House - 0.5 miles
- Marion Square - 0.6 miles
- Johnson Hagood Stadium - 0.7 miles
- Hampton Park - 0.9 miles
- The Citadel - 0.9 miles
- Kahal Kadosh Beth Elohim - 0.9 miles
- City Market - 1.1 miles
- Gibbes Museum of Art - 1.2 miles
Ready to book (A1) John Bulow House at St. Philip Square?Book Online Get Information Call: