- As low as $438/Night
- 2 Bedrooms
- 3 Bathrooms
- Sleeps 6
- Air conditioning
- Basketball nearby
- Bed sheets provided
- Car not required
- Carbon monoxide detector
- Cobblestone flooring in public areas
- Coffee grinder
- Coffee/tea maker
- Concierge services
- Cycling nearby
- Deadbolt lock
- Deck or patio
- Fire extinguisher
- Fishing nearby
- Fitness facilities nearby
- Hair dryer
- Housekeeping (on request)
- If you have requests for specific accessibility needs, please contact the property using the information on the reservation confirmation received after booking.
- In the city center
- Iron/ironing board
- Kayaking nearby
- Living room
- Marina nearby
- Near a health or beauty spa
- Near a hospital
- Near outlet shopping
- Note from host: On porch only.
- Onsite parking
- Outdoor furniture
- Paper towels
- Pet friendly
- Power boating nearby
- Smoke detector
- Smoke-free property
- Surfing/body boarding nearby
- Swimming nearby
- Toilet paper
- Towels provided
- TV with cable/satellite service
- Unit size: 880 sq ft (82 sq m)
- Washing machine and dryer
- WiFi available
- Windsurfing nearby
About this Property
- Sleeps 6
- 2 Bedrooms
- 3 Bathrooms
- Private vacation home
- Approximately 880 square feet
Ideally located downtown, The Blue Cottage is a 2 bedroom, 2 bathroom private home with outdoor garden and private outdoor shower. Walk to Charleston's best eateries on King Street, fashionable destinations and historic landmarks.
Blue Cottage features two queen sized beds, fabulous natural light, private porch and courtyard with seating, ideal for appreciating your morning coffee and quality time together.
Prior to check-in we will e-mail you a Welcome Letter that includes all details on Blue Cottage one week before your arrival. Meanwhile, if you have any questions please reach out to us as we are always happy to answer questions and offer recommendations to ensure you have a great visit to Charleston. We are originally from Charleston and live downtown so we are here should you need anything during your stay.
Blue Cottage is a part of The Sparrow, a collection of vacation units located in the heart of downtown Charleston. Our properties have been restored and preserved to highlight classic details of Charleston's acclaimed architecture while also offering modern design and amenities. From girls' weekends to family trips to couples traveling together, The Sparrow offers a variety of properties to suit your needs in comfort and style.
To view more of The Sparrow two bedroom properties please visit:
GREEN COTTAGE #479274 (adjacent to BLUE COTTAGE)
GIBBON HOME # 510094
Check In is 4:00 pm and Check Out is 11:00 am.
We require a two nighttime minimum stay Monday-Wednesday and a three nighttime minimum stay Thursday-Sunday.
Blue Cottage has one designated off street parking spot.
About the Area
Located in Charleston, this vacation home is in the city center. Fort Sumter and Fort Moultrie National Historical Park and Marion Square reflect the area's natural beauty and area attractions include Charleston Museum and South Carolina Aquarium. Looking to enjoy an event or a game while in town? See what's going on at TD Arena, or consider a night out at Historic Rice Mill. Kayaking and windsurfing offer great chances to get out on the surrounding water, or you can seek out an adventure with horse riding and cycling nearby.
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy
Know Before you Go
A car is not required for transportation to and from this property
- Pets allowed
- Service animals are welcome, and are exempt from fees
Tips for getting the perfect Charleston vacation rental experience:
Money saving strategies:
- Summer time is high season in the Charleston area area. Book your rental in Fall or Spring months to get the benefit of warm weather while saving money and avoiding crowds. Many vacationers use this method to find larger homes within budget, or to reserve an oceanfront vacation rental that would otherwise be unavailable or unaffordable during the Summer.
- The sooner you can book a rental home, the better your selection will be. The best rental homes are booked very early. Booking your vacation rental six - twelve months before your travel dates is recommended. Holidays such as Christmas and Thanksgiving are excellent times to search for and book your rental home.
- Veterans and Active Duty Military members may be qualified for special discounts. Be sure to ask your prospective vacation rental company or host whether your family qualifies for a reduced rate.
- Management companies and individual rental owners usually offer their guests an option to add trip insurance protection. Trip insurance, which normally costs 1% - 5% of the base reservation price, offers visitors reimbursement of costs for missed trip time as a result of personal medical-related emergencies or weather, as well as ensuing additional evacuation costs or charges, such as an unexpected hotel or additional gasoline expenses. Trip insurance is definitely a welcome relief if the unforeseen happens. Ask your property manager for specifics.
- Look for your local Charleston area area magazine upon checking in. If your rental home doesn't have a copy, you can find them at local shops and visitor centers. In addition to great local stories, visitor guide magazines have deals for nearby tours and attractions.
How to pick the perfect rental:
- Start by selecting your a vacation week and a max budget.
- Note the number beds and what type of bedroom configuration your group requires. Walk, Shop, and Dine as a Local has 2 bedrooms and 3 bathrooms.
- Specific information about bedrooms and bed types is regularly available online. Otherwise, email the property management company before reserving your home. Note that most property listings specify maximum guest capacity, which oftentimes includes pull-out couches.
- Are you visiting for a single event or attraction? Try a map search to browse nearby rentals.
- Suitable accessibility can make or ruin a vacation for persons with disabilities. Remember to confirm all required amenities are available before booking
- Traveling with pets? Many vacation homes allow animals, but guidelines and restrictions apply. Type of pet, size and breeds may be limited. Remember to ask the property manager before booking, and study your agreement! Additional pet fees or might be applied to your invoice.
Advice for a great stay:
- Review check in & check out procedures before leaving home. Save the instructions to your smartphone, and take a printed backup.
- Upon check-in, make note of any issues with the rental property and immediately contact the property manager. Record all coorespondence.
- Hosts are there to help! Don't be shy to ask any questions during your stay.
- Be a good neighbor! You wouldn't like loud visitors bothering your peaceful neighborhood. Use the golden rule for common sense. If they like you, locals might even recommend great beaches and scenic spots you would've never otherwise known about!
- Don't forget to... Ask a local! Locals can typically help you find the best spots in town. Who better to ask where to order delicious takeout, have a great night on the town, or the best spots for fishing?
- Keep your rental home locked while you are gone! Don't let burglars ruin your vacation.
- Just prior to departing, take a final walk-through to make sure you haven't leave anything behind. Remember to check dressers, closets, and bathrooms for hidden items. Clean out the refrigerator and take any leftovers home.
- Document the condition of the property at check-out. We recommend taking a video during your final walk-through.
- Did your group have a excellent stay? Many vacation rental websites make it easy for vacationers to provide comments. If your rental property and/or host was fantastic, they will likely appreciate your kind words. If anything was inoperable and they failed to fix it reasonably, or if the vacation rental wasn't as described, you'll want to make it a point as part of your comments.
- William Aiken House - 0.4 miles
- Charleston Museum - 0.5 miles
- Joseph Manigault House - 0.5 miles
- Marion Square - 0.6 miles
- Johnson Hagood Stadium - 0.7 miles
- Brittlebank Park - 0.8 miles
- City Marina - 0.8 miles
- Kahal Kadosh Beth Elohim - 0.9 miles