- As low as $301/Week
- 1 bathroom
- 1 bedroom
- Air conditioning
- Available in all rooms: WiFi
- Available in some public areas: Internet access
- Barbecue grill
- BBQ grill(s)
- Bed sheets provided
- Bicycle on site
- Birdwatching nearby
- Boat on site
- Breakfast available for a fee
- Breakfast available for a fee
- Car recommended
- Carbon monoxide detector
- Coffee/tea maker
- Concierge services
- Concierge services
- Fire extinguisher
- Fitness center access
- Fitness facilities nearby
- Golf privileges
- Golf privileges (optional)
- Golfing on site
- Hair dryer
- Health/beauty spa
- Hiking/biking trails
- Hiking/biking trails nearby
- Horse riding
- Housekeeping (on request)
- Housekeeping (on request)
- Iron/ironing board
- Jet skiing
- Jet skiing nearby
- Kayak on site
- Motor boating
- Near a health or beauty spa
- Near a hospital
- Near laundromat
- Near outlet shopping
- No pets allowed
- Outlet shopping
- Parasailing nearby
- Power boating nearby
- Sailing nearby
- Scuba diving
- Scuba diving nearby
- Sleeps 4
- Smoke detector
- Smoke-free property
- Smoke-free property
- Surfing/boogie boarding
- Swimming nearby
- Tennis on site
- Towels provided
- TV with cable/satellite service
- Unit size: 492 sq ft (46 sq m)
- Washing machine and dryer
- Water park
- Water park access
- Water skiing
- Water sports equipment
- Water sports equipment
- WiFi available
- Wildlife and game walks
- Wildlife and game walks nearby
- Winery tours
About this Property*** Sanitation/Cleaning Update ***
Bluegreen Resorts take great pride in meeting industry standards of cleanliness and safety in our resorts. They take great pride in meeting industry standards of cleanliness and safety at our resorts and continue to follow the CDC’s guidelines for sanitation and education.
SHARE YOUR MOMENTS WITH US!
Spend your vacations here at The Lodge Alley Inn found in the heart of old Charleston, where layers of history await your arrival! This resort is rich in European heritage and Victorian-styled suites that makes you feel as if you've stepped into the 18th century, enormous and utterly majestic!
Approximately 492-974 square feet, this majestic One- Bedroom features 1 Queen Bed in the master bedroom, 1 Couch Bed including a mini refrigerator, microwave, and coffee pot only, bathroom and laundry located in the common area. min. of 4 occupants.
Additional amenities include: cable T.V., coffee maker, microwave, and mini refrigerator.
All our luxury resorts use a system called Allocate Upon Arrival which means the actual suite you will be assigned to is given upon check-in. These photos are a combination of all the different suites on site. If you have a floor, unit or building number that you would like to stay in, please do not hesitate to ask. The full-time on-site reservation check-in staff is happy to do their best to accommodate your request. Please note since we do not place you in an exact unit and this is done by the front desk staff, we cannot guarantee the requests, but will do our best to make sure they are accommodated. If your reservation is more than 4 nights you may be assigned to a new suite for housekeeping purposes. Keeping our suites up to luxury standard is our top priority.
The person checking in must be 21 years of age (or older). With this notion, please prepare a VALID ID and credit card in your name. A $100 Pre-Authorization from any major credit card upon checking in is required. Cash is not accepted. After purchase you will receive an e-mail confirmation showing your name on the reservation as the guest checking in within 14 days of check in date. Please bring a valid form of Picture ID. However, if you would like to change the name of the person checking in after you have supplied this information, there will be a $99.00 name change fee. Any damages will be charge upon check-out.
Resort check- in time is 4 p.m. ET, and check-out time is 10 a.m. ET. The nearest airport to The Lodge Alley Inn is Charleston International (CHS) which is 13 miles by car respectively.
Please note by purchasing this listing we cannot guarantee that there will be an 'Upgrade' to your unit due to the historic nature of the buildings, floor plans and exact sizes will vary among rooms and suites. While The Lodge Alley Inn does not offer daily maid service, complimentary towel exchange is available for guests staying less than 7 days. For guests staying 7 days or more, a complimentary mid-week cleaning service is supplied.
Hence, if you have any concerns, our office are open 24 hours to respond to your requests. For here at The Lodge Alley Inn we ensure that your stay is comfortable and well-served to your satisfaction.
*** Parking Policy ***
Valet Parking (Off-site): Cost: $26 per nighttime for Bluegreen Owners; $35 per nighttime for Non-Bluegreen Owners. Self-Parking: City public parking garage located at 1 Cumberland St. for $2/hour, max $18/day (no moving) or metered street parking. For more information including handicap parking information, please click here.
*** Pet Policy ***
No family pets allowed. Subject to $300 fine. However, pets are allowed in RV parks only.
*** Smoking Policy ***
No smoking inside, including electronic cigarettes. Subject to $300 fine, unless if it's in a designated area.
*** Construction ***
Lodge Alley Inn will be undergoing an interior remodel on all studio units, four two bedroom townhomes, and three courtyard 1br lofts. The courtyard 1br loft renovation will also include removal of spiral staircases and construction of new. Renovation will start roughly 1/2/2022 and end roughly 3/20/2022.
*** Other notes ***
Two-story (loft) units typically have spiral staircases, and other unit types also have staircases. We cannot guarantee unit placement. Due to the historic nature of the buildings, floor plans and exact sizes will vary among rooms and suites. While The Lodge Alley Inn does not offer daily maid service, complimentary towel exchange is available for guests staying less than 7 days. For guests staying 7 days or more, a complimentary mid-week cleaning service is included. The Lodge Alley Inn is located in the heart of Downtown Charleston. Due to the urban location of the resort, guests may expect to hear city or street noise from guest rooms. The resort has white noise machines, ear plugs, and box fans available on request to help ease city, street and traffic noise.
- Find the official tourism bureau where you want to vacation. Many established tourism bureaus will offer you promotional travel guide books with savings for vacation rentals, dining and activities. These guides provide a good start to your rental home search.
- Wish to steer clear of the crowds? Off-peak times offer sizable bargains.
- Are you a armed forces veteran? Quite a few rental companies offer financial savings to vets and active-duty servicemembers. Be sure to confirm with property manager to see if your vacationing group is eligible for a price reduction.
- Some properties are primarily designed for specific groups of guests. Large event homes are perfect for weddings, receptions and corporate meetings. Some properties cater to wildlife enthusiasts. Other properties are positioned close to night life. If there's a certain Charleston area atteaction you simply love, look for rentals that cater especially to your needs.
- Management companies and individual rental home owners typically offer guests the option to purchase trip insurance coverage. Trip insurance, which generally add somewhere between 1% - 5% of the basic term price, offers travellers reimbursement of their vacation expenses for any days missed as a consequence of personal medical-related emergencies or hurricanes, in addition to ensuing extra hurricane evacuation costs or expenses, such as an unplanned hotel room stay or additional fuel.
How to Book a Rental Home
Some people are surprised to learn just how many properties are available in their area of interest. Vacation home accommodations have gained in popularity with the rise of global search sites like Homeaway and VRBO.
Rental homes are commonly owner operated or managed by rental management companies. For property owners not directly engaged in the management of their vacation home, management companies are instrumental in assisting travellers with reserving, check-in, housekeeping services, as well as maintenance issues that may occur.
Seasoned Charleston area vacationers have identified a handful of tips and tricks over the years with regards to renting vacation homes, however many beginners will be happy to learn that several "techniques" are in plain sight, if you understand where to search.
Searching for and reserving the perfect rental:
Do you believe "The Lodge Alley Inn™ - Stunning 1 Bedroom" is the perfect rental home for your upcoming vacation? Browse through this guide to ensure it fits all of your preferences.
The Sooner You Begin, The Better The Choices
Charleston area rental properties book several months (and up to a year) in advance. Booking your vacation property 6-12 months before your travel dates is highly recommended, when possible. Christmas, Thanksgiving and New Years are excellent times to find and reserve your vacation rental home..
Find your Area and Identify Dates
Start by determining which particular area of Charleston area you'd like to visit, and the choose trip dates.
Bedrooms and Bed Sizes Matter
Keep a list of attendees. How many beds and bedrooms will you need? Consider that most rental homes advertise maximum guest capacity, which often includes sofa beds in the living room space. You'll need to figure out what is most appropriate for the group. Most rental listings will outline each one of the unit's specific bedrooms and mattress sizes.
Create a Spending Limit
Check to make sure "The Lodge Alley Inn™ - Stunning 1 Bedroom" works with your price range *during your desired week*. Be sure to get cost-sharing commitments from family and friends well before booking an expensive vacation property. A single member of your group must be responsible for gathering contributions and agreeing to responsibility for the complete rental payment at time of booking.
Its All About Amenities
What property features is the group trying to find? Is a pool reallynecessary?Do you want a rental with patio lounge? Are you more interested in a natural landscape or amusements? Are extras like beach chairs, gas grills, umbrellas, buggies or coolers available and included in your rental property charge? Make a list of priority conveniences to facilitate narrow your search.
Accessibility and Special Factors to consider
Adequate access can make or ruin a visit for the less-mobile. Make certain to remember and ask about wheel chair access, pool lifts and specialized equipment requirements..
Go ahead and Take the Dog
Are you or other individuals in the crew traveling with a furry friend? While quite a few vacation homes allow dogs and cats, guidelines and charges fluctuate per rental. Type of pet, size and dog breeds could be limited. Examine your agreement very carefully! Additional fees or costs may be applied to your contract.
Searching the Internet
. In combination with Homeaway, VRBO and Tripadvisor, we suggest searching Google for "Charleston area local rentals" for local rental home management companies. Local vacation rental management companies proudly offer a superior rental experience.
Re-read the description to be sure the rental has everything required. If it is lacking, the property management company might know of very similar homes that better fit your desires and budget..
Some rental owners will negotiate rates, and some won't. If they are unwilling to budge on a highly-desirable trip, try getting an additional night. Negotiating rates is most effective during the off-season when many properties sit empty.
Study The Agreement
Find out which of the following is included in your quoted rate:
- Electric bills
- Internet Connectivity
- Telephone service
- Pool Heating
- Cable and pay-per-view TV
- Cleaning Service
- Trash collection
- Maintenance (get a phone number)
- Check in & Check Out Key Exchange
- Parking Space
Make sure your price includes all taxes and fees.
Cancellation policies are different for each rental. You will likely be offered trip insurance. Trip insurance, which normally costs between 1% - 5% of your standard rental home rate, provides travellers with reimbursement of their vacation costs (and subsequent rental costs) for any days missed a result of personal health-related emergencies or weather, as well as hurricane evacuation expenses, such as a unforeseen motel stay or additional gas.
When everything looks right, it's finally time to sign on the dotted line. Remember that most rental contracts require a significant rental deposit and/or security deposit to protect the vacation rental owner.
Know Who to Call
Put the rental manager's contact information into your smart phone and wallet for quick access to answers throughout your visit.
Good job on booking your vacation rental! You're on the right path to a fabulous vacation!
During your Stay
- Take pictures at your arrival. Take notes of any wear and tear right after you arrive. If you discover problems, or if fixes are required get in touch with the rental manager right away.
- You could need instructions for a fireplace, TV or spa tub. Contact your rental manager. They are there to help. A phone call can save hours of trouble.
- Don't forget to be a good neighbor. . Respecting late-night quiet hours and vehicle parking rules can make a stay substantially more pleasurable.
- Ask a local. Residents are a fantastic source of suggestions.
- Enjoy your stay! Be sure to protect the rental owner (and your stuff!) by keeping the property secured when you are away, exactly like you would in your own home.
- Double-check every room of the rental to make certain that you've packed all personal belongings.
- Please make sure to walk through the rental one final time and check for property damage. We suggest walking through with the rental manager whenever you can (this isn't always the case).. If the property owner is not available, be sure to take photos of the property to record its condition.
- How would you feel about your choice? Many rental property sites ask for testimonials after your stay is complete. Property owners and rental managers will appreciate your favorable critiques. If something went wrong, we recommend being kind but sincere with regards to rental experience. Top owners and managers will try very hard to correct the problem.
Use Your Experience
Hold a debrief with your family. Did everybody have a great time? If everything was amazing, next year's trip planning is going to be simple. Otherwise, you have gained invaluable rental search experience to aid with another search.
- Hugenot Church - 0.2 miles
- Dock Street Theater - 0.2 miles
- Charleston Waterfront Park - 0.2 miles
- Old Exchange and Provost Dungeon - 0.2 miles
- Circular Congressional Church - 0.2 miles
- City Market - 0.2 miles
- Washington Square - 0.3 miles
- Rainbow Row - 0.3 miles