- As low as $900/Night
- 6 Bedrooms
- 6 Bathrooms
- Sleeps 12
- Music library
- Air conditioning
- Basketball nearby
- Bathtub or shower
- Bed sheets provided
- Car not required
- Carbon monoxide detector
- Cobblestone flooring in public areas
- Cycling nearby
- Deadbolt lock
- Desk chair
- Dining table
- Ecotours nearby
- Fire extinguisher
- First aid kit
- Fishing nearby
- Fitness facilities nearby
- Free WiFi
- Golf nearby
- Hair dryer
- Ice maker
- If you have requests for specific accessibility needs, please contact the property using the information on the reservation confirmation received after booking.
- In the city center
- Iron/ironing board
- Kayaking nearby
- Living room
- Marina nearby
- Near a health or beauty spa
- Near a hospital
- Near outlet shopping
- Near the sea
- No pets allowed
- Outdoor furniture
- Paper towels
- Smart TV with cable/satellite service
- Smoke detector
- Smoke-free property
- Swimming nearby
- Toilet paper
- Towels provided
- Washing machine and dryer
- Water skiing nearby
About this Property
- Sleeps 12
- 6 Bedrooms
- 6 Bathrooms
- Private vacation home
- Approximately 2400 SQUARE_FEET
- Non-smoking property
- Pets welcome (restrictions apply)
- No children allowed
You have found the ideal place for your Charleston stay!!!
Feel what it means to live like a local in our 2-story Downtown Charleston home with 6bd/5.5ba this home would be ideal for huge groups/families of up to 12 people. Located 1 block off King Street, you can walk to eateries, bakeries, bars, and more within just a few mins. or opt to drive to any of Charleston’s surrounding areas to see all it has to offer! Two parking spots are supplied with this rental with a dedicated turn around spot at the rear of the lot, so you never have to back out when leaving to discover!
What Makes Us Different:
• Located 1 block from the heart of the entertainment district of Upper King Street
• House sits back from street, adding additional privacy
• Sonos Sound System that brings overhead speakers to the Living Room, Kitchen, Entertainment Room, and 2 Master Bedrooms
• Wall accessible HDMI ARC inputs in the Entertainment Room allow for business presentations, sharing photos with family and friends, or gaming to be projected on our two 65” Intelligent QLED TV’s.
• Seating area under the canopy of the grandiose live oak tree outside of the Entertainment Room enables indoor/ outdoor living.
• Private porch where you can savor the aroma of Brown’s Court Bakery
• Exposed 1850 fireplaces and original wood floors convey a sense of history
• A sizable live oak tree at the back of the property, a grand sycamore tree at the front of the property with 12 palm trees, 5 eagleston hollies and a magnolia in between creates the sense of stepping from a bustling city into a garden getaway*
*Planting of additional trees (2 palms, magnolia, and eagleston hollies) as well as completion of bluestone courtyard at front of property to be finished in January. Will be done by February 1st, 2023.
1st Floor –
The first floor contains bedroom #1 and full bath #1 located adjacent to one another. It also contains the living room with 55” QLED TV, primary kitchen, and entertainment room that holds a kitchenette, dining table with seating for eight, an additional seating area, and two 65” QLED TV’s. A powder room/ half bathroom is located between the primary kitchen and entertainment room.
2nd Floor –
The second floor is segmented into two halves. The second floor above the entertainment room can be accessed from the floating steps in the middle of the room. It contains a laundry room and the two master bedrooms with King beds and in-suite baths (bedrooms and full bathrooms #2 & #3). The second floor of the historic home contains bedroom #4 and bathroom #4 which is an in-suite. A second laundry area as well as bedroom #5, bedroom #6 and full bathroom #5 are located on the second floor of the historic home as well. This area can be accessed via the spiral staircase in the living room or a set of exterior stairs that lead from the parking area to a covered porch.
Details of House:
As you enter the home you will be stepping into the Living Room which features the original fireplace and floor. Don’t worry we have newly restored and remodeled the home: a classy kitchen, 6 new bathrooms, refurbished handsome wood floors and original fireplaces. The result - Charleston appeal with modern touches and amenities.
Living Room – As you enter the living room you will see the modern touches a 55" wall mounted Intelligent TV, a state-of-the- art sound system and recessed lighting. Just imagine sitting here with friends and family. Natural lighting flows through the enormous windows or you can block the light by pulling the wood blinds. One wall is decorated with different sized mirrors giving the room a cool modern look. The spiral staircase leading to upstairs flanks the other side of the living room space. The living room flows into the full-sized kitchen.
Kitchen - Whether you want to prepare or just hang out you’ll appreciate the kitchen. Gather round the splendid peninsula which has 4 bar stools. The kitchen features high end granite, undercounter lighting, dimmable lights, sound system, huge refrigerator with ice and water dispenser. Plus, all the conveniences of a modern kitchen: dishwasher, stove, microwave, toaster, garbage disposal, Ninja blender and Keurig drink maker. The kitchen is also entirely supplied with dishes, silverware, cooking pots and pans, wine glasses, cookie sheet, mixing bowls, and casserole dishes,
Bedrooms – After a full day of fun in Charleston, you will be ready to retire to one of the 6 bedrooms. One bedroom is on the first floor and other five are located on the second floor. Two bedrooms offer King beds while the other four bedrooms provide exceptionally comfortable queen beds that are serviced with quality linens. In addition, each one of our gorgeous well-appointed bedrooms has access to wireless high-speed internet as well as CAT-6 jacks in 3 of the bedrooms for the secure minded traveler.
Bathrooms: There are five and a half bathrooms. The first full bath is downstairs and features a charming bespoke shower stall and granite topped vanity, frameless shower doors and bespoke tiling. The second bathroom is located upstairs. It has a full-sized tub /shower and features exposed brick and a large vanity topped with beautiful granite. For your enjoyment, luxury towels, soap and toilet paper are included. Plus, three bedrooms have full in-suite bathrooms.
Laundry: We have a full-sized, high-end GE washer and dryer in the upstairs hallway. Special feature is its steam/de-wrinkling function. Laundry detergent is supplied.
If a mandatory Evacuation Order for Charleston is given we will provide a 100% refund of payments made if order is during whole time of scheduled stay. If you are already staying with us and a mandatory evacuation is called, we will pro-rate the time remaining. Please note that if there is inclement weather in the other states or countries which prohibits the booking guest or their guests to travel to Charleston, no refund will be issued and Owner shall have no liability in regards to the reservation.
We strongly recommend that our guests purchase traveler's insurance at all times, but especially during the Hurricane Season.
Need more Bedrooms? - Having a bigger group coming to Charleston with you? Rental of Unit C and our other two units located in the first home on the property will give you sleeping space for 30 (24 in bedrooms).
See VRBO1237214 – 4 Bedroom 2 Bath, Unit A sleeps 10
See VRBO1236423 - 4 Bedroom, 2 Bath Unit B sleeps 10
If you have any questions, please reach out to us. We hope you choose our place for a fabulous vacation in Charleston, SC!
About the Area
Located by the sea, this vacation home is in Downtown Charleston, a neighborhood in Charleston. Port of Charleston Cruise Terminal and Harborage at Ashley Marina are worth checking out if an activity is on the agenda, while those in the mood for shopping can visit Upper King Design District and Shops at Charleston Place. Looking to enjoy an event or a game while in town? See what's happening at TD Arena or Joseph P. Riley, Jr. Park. Discover the area's water adventures with jet skiing and kayaking nearby, or enjoy the great outdoors with cycling and ecotours.
- Property Registration Number
Know Before you Go
A car is not required for transportation to and from this property
- Pets not allowed
Charleston area vacation rental home tips and tricks:
Getting the best rental home value:
- Summertime is the most expensive season along the coast of SC. To find the best value, consider shifting your family's Charleston area vacation dates to the Spring or Fall seasons. May, September, and October offer pleasant temperatures, less crowded beaches, and reduced traffic. Many vacationers use this method to find larger homes within budget, or to book a beach front vacation rental that would otherwise be unavailable during the Summer months.
- Book your rental as soon as possible. Rental schedules generally become available twelve months in advance (or in September just after Summer ends). Many groups reserve their Summer vacation rentals during holiday gatherings. Reserve before these holidays for best selection.
- Hosts sometimes offer discounts or promotional rates for veterans and active duty military. Remember to ask your host or property manager if special discounts are available for your family before you book.
- Management companies and individual rental owners frequently offer their guests an option to add trip insurance protection. Trip insurance, which commonly will cost anywhere between 1% - 5% of the base stay price, offers visitors reimbursement of their vacation costs for days missed as a result of medical-related emergencies or weather disasters, as well as evacuation charges, such as an unexpected hotel stay or extra gasoline expenses. Trip insurance can be a a bank account-saver if the unforeseen happens. Ask your host for details.
- Often, rental management companies supply Charleston area area visitor guides which often include special offers, either offered independently by local companies, or through a relationship with the management company and the business itself. You can also find Charleston area area magazine and coupon books at local grocery stores, shopping centers, and visitor centers.
Make a plan and choose the rightrental home:
- Choose vacation dates and budget.
- Note the number beds and the configuration your family needs. Great Downtown Charleston Location! has 6 bedrooms and 6 bathrooms.
- Precise information about bedrooms and bed counts & types is generally accessible online. Otherwise, reach out to the host before you reserve the vacation home. Remember that most property listings specify the max. guest capacity, which oftentimes includes sofa beds and bunks.
- Visiting for a specific event? Try a map search to locate nearby properties.
- Suitable accessibility amenities can make or break a vacation for the less-mobile. Make certain to inquire about wheel chair accessibility, pool lifts and specialized equipment needs.
- If your family is vacationing with pets, filter your search for a pet-friendly vacation rental. Ask for specifics on breed, size, and type requirements. Usually, property managers charge pet deposits and fees.
More tips for your visit:
- Get the owner's phone number and arrival/departure procedures for your rental home.
- At Check-in, document any issues with the rental property and immediately alert the property manager. Keep records of all coorespondence.
- Ask questions. You may need instructions for a fireplace, stereo or kitchen appliance. Contact your owner. They are there to help! A brief phone call prevents a lot of problems.
- Respecting late-night quiet hours and parking policies can make a stay significantly more pleasurable. Be a good neighbor. You will magnify your chance to make some new local friends, and resident neighbors are usually an excellent source for finding the best local beaches and hangouts.
- Speaking of neighbors... Ask a local resident! Local residents can often help you find the best spots in town. Who better to ask where to order the best nachos, have a great night out, or the best spots for bird watching?
- Protect the property owner (and your stuff!) by keeping the rental locked up when you are away, just like you would back home.
- Re-check the rental property to confirm that you've packed all of your belongings on check-out day. Remember to check bathrooms, dressers, and closets for hidden items. Remove everything from the refrigerator and take or dispose of leftovers.
- Record a video to document the condition of the property.
- Remember to leave a review! Property owners rely on great ratings to drive future reservations. They'll be grateful for your review. Alternatively, if something went awry, other vacationers will appreciate that you share your review find their best vacation rental. Be fair with your review. If something fell short of expectations, consider whether the host had any control over the issue, and if so, whether they responded reasonably to solve it.
- William Aiken House - 0.3 miles
- Charleston Museum - 0.4 miles
- Joseph Manigault House - 0.5 miles
- Marion Square - 0.5 miles
- Johnson Hagood Stadium - 0.8 miles
- Kahal Kadosh Beth Elohim - 0.9 miles
- Hampton Park - 0.9 miles
- Brittlebank Park - 1.0 miles