- As low as $970/Night
- 6 Bedrooms
- 6 Bathrooms
- Sleeps 12
- Music library
- Air conditioning
- Bathtub or shower
- Bed sheets provided
- Car not required
- Carbon monoxide detector
- Ceiling fan
- Cobblestone flooring in public areas
- Cycling nearby
- Deadbolt lock
- Desk chair
- Dining table
- Ecotours nearby
- Fire extinguisher
- First aid kit
- Fishing nearby
- Fitness facilities nearby
- Free WiFi
- Hair dryer
- Ice maker
- If you have requests for specific accessibility needs, please contact the property using the information on the reservation confirmation received after booking.
- In the city center
- Iron/ironing board
- Jet skiing nearby
- Kayaking nearby
- Kitchen island
- Living room
- Marina nearby
- Near a health or beauty spa
- Near a hospital
- Near outlet shopping
- Near the sea
- No pets allowed
- Onsite parking
- Outdoor furniture
- Paper towels
- Sailing nearby
- Smart TV with cable/satellite service
- Smoke detector
- Smoke-free property
- Swimming nearby
- Toilet paper
- Towels provided
- Washing machine and dryer
- Water skiing nearby
About this Property
- Sleeps 12
- 6 Bedrooms
- 6 Bathrooms
- Private vacation home
- Approximately 2400 square feet
You have found the ideal place for your Charleston stay!!!
Feel what it means to live like a local in our 2-story Downtown Charleston home with 6bd/5.5ba this home would be ideal for enormous groups/families of up to 12 people. Located 1 block off King Street, you can walk to eateries, bakeries, bars, and more within just a few mins. or opt to drive to any of Charleston’s surrounding areas to see all it has to offer! Two parking spots are supplied with this rental with a dedicated turn around spot at the rear of the lot, so you never have to back out when leaving to discover!
What Makes Us Different:
• Located 1 block from the heart of the entertainment district of Upper King Street
• House sits back from street, adding additional privacy
• Sonos Sound System that brings overhead speakers to the Living Room, Kitchen, Entertainment Room, and 2 Master Bedrooms
• Wall accessible HDMI ARC inputs in the Entertainment Room allow for business presentations, sharing photos with family and friends, or gaming to be projected on our two 65” Intelligent QLED TV’s.
• Seating area under the canopy of the huge live oak tree outside of the Entertainment Room enables indoor/ outdoor living.
• Private porch where you can savor the aroma of Brown’s Court Bakery
• Exposed 1850 fireplaces and original wood floors convey a sense of history
• A grandiose live oak tree at the back of the property, a grand sycamore tree at the front of the property with 12 palm trees, 5 eagleston hollies and a magnolia in between creates the sense of stepping from a bustling city into a garden getaway*
*Planting of additional trees (2 palms, magnolia, and eagleston hollies) as well as completion of bluestone courtyard at front of property to be finished in January. Will be done by February 1st, 2023.
1st Floor –
The first floor contains bedroom #1 and full bath #1 located adjacent to one another. It also contains the living room with 55” QLED TV, primary kitchen, and entertainment room that holds a kitchenette, dining table with seating for eight, an additional seating area, and two 65” QLED TV’s. A powder room/ half bathroom is located between the primary kitchen and entertainment room.
2nd Floor –
The second floor is segmented into two halves. The second floor above the entertainment room can be accessed from the floating steps in the middle of the room. It contains a laundry room and the two master bedrooms with King beds and in-suite baths (bedrooms and full bathrooms #2 & #3). The second floor of the historic home contains bedroom #4 and bathroom #4 which is an in-suite. A second laundry area as well as bedroom #5, bedroom #6 and full bathroom #5 are located on the second floor of the historic home as well. This area can be accessed via the spiral staircase in the living room or a set of exterior stairs that lead from the parking area to a covered porch.
Details of House:
As you enter the home you will be stepping into the Living Room which features the original fireplace and floor. Don’t worry we have newly restored and modernized the home: a classy kitchen, 6 new bathrooms, refurbished handsome wood floors and original fireplaces. The result - Charleston appeal with modern touches and amenities.
Living Room – As you enter the living room you will see the modern touches a 55" wall mounted Intelligent TV, a state-of-the- art sound system and recessed lighting. Just imagine sitting here with friends and family. Natural lighting flows through the sizable windows or you can block the light by pulling the wood blinds. One wall is decorated with different sized mirrors giving the room a cool modern look. The spiral staircase leading to upstairs flanks the other side of the living room space. The living room flows into the full-sized kitchen.
Kitchen - Whether you want to prepare or just hang out you’ll appreciate the kitchen. Gather round the pretty peninsula which has 4 bar stools. The kitchen features high end granite, undercounter lighting, dimmable lights, sound system, huge refrigerator with ice and water dispenser. Plus, all the conveniences of a modern kitchen: dishwasher, stove, microwave, toaster, garbage disposal, Ninja blender and Keurig drink maker. The kitchen is also completely supplied with dishes, silverware, cooking pots and pans, wine glasses, cookie sheet, mixing bowls, and casserole dishes,
Bedrooms – After a full day of fun in Charleston, you will be ready to retire to one of the 6 bedrooms. One bedroom is on the first floor and other five are located on the second floor. Two bedrooms offer King beds while the other four bedrooms provide exceptionally comfortable queen beds that are serviced with quality linens. In addition, each one of our charming well-appointed bedrooms has access to wireless high-speed internet as well as CAT-6 jacks in 3 of the bedrooms for the secure minded traveler.
Bathrooms: There are five and a half bathrooms. The first full bath is downstairs and features a impressive bespoke shower stall and granite topped vanity, frameless shower doors and bespoke tiling. The second bathroom is located upstairs. It has a full-sized tub /shower and features exposed brick and a large vanity topped with beautiful granite. For your enjoyment, luxury towels, soap and toilet paper are included. Plus, three bedrooms have full in-suite bathrooms.
Laundry: We have a full-sized, high-end GE washer and dryer in the upstairs hallway. Special feature is its steam/de-wrinkling function. Laundry detergent is supplied.
If a mandatory Evacuation Order for Charleston is given we will provide a 100% refund of payments made if order is during whole time of scheduled stay. If you are already staying with us and a mandatory evacuation is called, we will pro-rate the time remaining. Please note that if there is inclement weather in the other states or countries which prohibits the booking guest or their guests to travel to Charleston, no refund will be issued and Owner shall have no liability in regards to the reservation.
We strongly recommend that our guests purchase traveler's insurance at all times, but especially during the Hurricane Season.
Need more Bedrooms? - Having a bigger group coming to Charleston with you? Rental of Unit C and our other two units located in the first home on the property will give you sleeping space for 30 (24 in bedrooms).
See VRBO1237214 – 4 Bedroom 2 Bath, Unit A sleeps 10
See VRBO1236423 - 4 Bedroom, 2 Bath Unit B sleeps 10
If you have any questions, please reach out to us. We hope you choose our place for a incredible vacation in Charleston, SC!
About the Area
Located by the sea, this vacation home is in Downtown Charleston, a neighborhood in Charleston. Port of Charleston Cruise Terminal and Harborage at Ashley Marina are worth checking out if an activity is on the agenda, while those looking for area attractions can visit Charleston Museum and South Carolina Aquarium. Looking to enjoy an event or a game while in town? See what's happening at TD Arena or Charleston Gaillard Center. Discover the area's water adventures with jet skiing and kayaking nearby, or enjoy the great outdoors with ecotours and cycling.
- Property Registration Number
Know Before you Go
A car is not required for transportation to and from this property
- Pets not allowed
Tips and Tricks to get the very best Charleston area rental experience:
Cost saving strategies:
- Book your vacation rental as early as possible. Rental schedules generally open 12 months in advance (or in September just after Summertime ends). Many families book their Summer vacation rentals during Christmas and Thanksgiving gatherings. Book before these holidays for best selection.
- Summertime is high season in Charleston. To get the best value, try changing your family's Charleston area vacation to the Spring or Fall months. May, September, and even October offer warm temperatures, fewer crowds, and greatly reduced traffic. Many vacationers use this method to find larger homes within budget, or to book a beach front vacation rental that would otherwise be unaffordable during the Summer.
- Veterans and Active Duty Military members may be qualified for special discounts. Be sure to ask your prospective vacation rental company or host whether your vacationing group qualifies for a reduced rate.
- Property managers frequently offer customers an option to purchase trip insurance. Trip insurance, which usually costs 1% - 5% of the base reservation price, offers visitors reimbursement of costs for missed days as a result of medical-related catastrophes or weather, as well as ensuing additional hurricane evacuation charges, such as an unanticipated hotel stay or extra gasoline expenses. Trip insurance can be a a welcome relief if the unforeseen happens. Ask your property manager for additional information.
- Find a copy of your local Charleston area visitors guide magazine upon arrival. If your rental property doesn't have one, you can find them at local shops and fuel stations. In addition to great articles, travel guides contain offers and deals for local tours and attractions.
Make a plan and pick the rightrental:
- Choose dates and maximum budget.
- Note the number beds and the configuration your group needs. Great Downtown Charleston Location! has 6 bedrooms and 6 bathrooms.
- Specific information about bedrooms and bed sizes & counts is usually available on booking pages. Otherwise, call the host before you book the property. Note that most property listings specify maximum guest capacity, which frequently includes sofa beds and bunks. You will need to work out what bed configuration is right for your family.
- Do your family pets travel with you? Although a number of vacation homes allow pets or animals, guidelines and costs vary per property. Type of pet, size and breeds may be limited. Ask your host before booking, and study your agreement thoroughly! Additional pet fees or may be applied to your invoice.
- Looking for special amenities? Most rental search websites include amenity lists and search filters.
- Suitable accessibility amenities can make or ruin a vacation for those with limited mobility. Make certain to ask about wheel chair entry, pool lifts and specialized equipment needs.
Know before you go:
- Store the manager's contact information in your smartphone.
- Ask questions. You may need instructions for a garage door opener, intercom or WIFI setup. Contact your owner. They are there to help! A brief call can prevent quite a few difficulties.
- Lock your rental home while you're away. Protect the owner's property and your stuff!
- To make sure that damages are not linked to your stay, make a record of any problem areas during check in. Speak to the property manager immediately to report any issues. If there is a dispute, having the recorded problems and contact attempts will be valuable.
- Be a good neighbor! You wouldn't like troublesome visitors bothering your life at home. Employ the golden rule for common sense. Happy residents may even recommend great restaurants and places you would have not otherwise known!
- Speaking of neighbors... Ask a local! Neighbors can often help you find exactly what you're looking for. Who better to ask where to take kids for a treat, have a great night out, or the best spots for fishing?
- Don't leave anything behind! Just before departing, walk through the rental to make sure you've collected all personal belongings. Remember to check bathrooms, dressers, and closets for hidden belongings. Clean the refrigerator and take or dispose of leftovers.
- Record a video to document the condition of the property.
- Did you have a terrific vacation? Most rental management companies make it easy for clients to provide reviews. If your rental property and/or host was fantastic, they always love to hear your praise. If anything was defective and they failed to correct it reasonably, or if the vacation rental wasn't as described, you'll want to make a note as part of your review.
- William Aiken House - 0.3 miles
- Charleston Museum - 0.4 miles
- Joseph Manigault House - 0.5 miles
- Marion Square - 0.5 miles
- Johnson Hagood Stadium - 0.8 miles
- Kahal Kadosh Beth Elohim - 0.9 miles
- Hampton Park - 0.9 miles
- Brittlebank Park - 1.0 miles