- As low as $1,129/Night
- 6 Bedrooms
- 6 Bathrooms
- Sleeps 12
- Music library
- Air conditioning
- Basketball nearby
- Bathtub or shower
- Bed sheets provided
- Birdwatching nearby
- Car not required
- Carbon monoxide detector
- Ceiling fan
- Cobblestone flooring in public areas
- Coffee/tea maker
- Cycling nearby
- Deadbolt lock
- Desk chair
- Dining table
- Fire extinguisher
- First aid kit
- Fishing nearby
- Fitness facilities nearby
- Free WiFi
- Golf nearby
- Hair dryer
- Ice maker
- If you have requests for specific accessibility needs, please contact the property using the information on the reservation confirmation received after booking.
- In the city center
- Iron/ironing board
- Living room
- Marina nearby
- Near a health or beauty spa
- Near a hospital
- Near outlet shopping
- Near the sea
- No pets allowed
- Onsite parking
- Outdoor furniture
- Sailing nearby
- Smart TV with cable/satellite service
- Smoke detector
- Smoke-free property
- Spa tub
- Swimming nearby
- Toilet paper
- Towels provided
- Unit size: 2400 sq ft (223 sq m)
- Washing machine and dryer
- Water skiing nearby
About this Property
- Sleeps 12
- 6 Bedrooms
- 6 Bathrooms
- Private vacation home
- Approximately 2400 square feet
You have found the ideal place for your Charleston stay!!!
Feel what it means to live like a local in our 2-story Downtown Charleston home with 6bd/5.5ba this home would be ideal for sizable groups/families of up to 12 people. Located 1 block off King Street, you can walk to eateries, bakeries, bars, and more within just a few mins. or opt to drive to any of Charleston’s surrounding areas to see all it has to offer! Two parking spots are included with this rental with a dedicated turn around spot at the rear of the lot, so you never have to back out when leaving to discover!
What Makes Us Different:
• Located 1 block from the heart of the entertainment district of Upper King Street
• House sits back from street, adding additional privacy
• Sonos Sound System that brings overhead speakers to the Living Room, Kitchen, Entertainment Room, and 2 Master Bedrooms
• Wall accessible HDMI ARC inputs in the Entertainment Room allow for business presentations, sharing photos with family and friends, or gaming to be projected on our two 65” Intelligent QLED TV’s.
• Seating area under the canopy of the grandiose live oak tree outside of the Entertainment Room enables indoor/ outdoor living.
• Private porch where you can savor the aroma of Brown’s Court Bakery
• Exposed 1850 fireplaces and original wood floors convey a sense of history
• A enormous live oak tree at the back of the property, a grand sycamore tree at the front of the property with 12 palm trees, 5 eagleston hollies and a magnolia in between creates the sense of stepping from a bustling city into a garden getaway*
*Planting of additional trees (2 palms, magnolia, and eagleston hollies) as well as completion of bluestone courtyard at front of property to be finished in January. Will be done by February 1st, 2023.
1st Floor –
The first floor contains bedroom #1 and full bath #1 located adjacent to one another. It also contains the living room with 55” QLED TV, primary kitchen, and entertainment room that holds a kitchenette, dining table with seating for eight, an additional seating area, and two 65” QLED TV’s. A powder room/ half bathroom is located between the primary kitchen and entertainment room.
2nd Floor –
The second floor is segmented into two halves. The second floor above the entertainment room can be accessed from the floating steps in the middle of the room. It contains a laundry room and the two master bedrooms with King beds and in-suite baths (bedrooms and full bathrooms #2 & #3). The second floor of the historic home contains bedroom #4 and bathroom #4 which is an in-suite. A second laundry area as well as bedroom #5, bedroom #6 and full bathroom #5 are located on the second floor of the historic home as well. This area can be accessed via the spiral staircase in the living room or a set of exterior stairs that lead from the parking area to a covered porch.
Details of House:
As you enter the home you will be stepping into the Living Room which features the original fireplace and floor. Don’t worry we have newly restored and modernized the home: a classy kitchen, 6 new bathrooms, refurbished striking wood floors and original fireplaces. The result - Charleston appeal with modern touches and amenities.
Living Room – As you enter the living room you will see the modern touches a 55" wall mounted Intelligent TV, a state-of-the- art sound system and recessed lighting. Just imagine sitting here with friends and family. Natural lighting flows through the huge windows or you can block the light by pulling the wood blinds. One wall is decorated with different sized mirrors giving the room a cool modern look. The spiral staircase leading to upstairs flanks the other side of the living room space. The living room flows into the full-sized kitchen.
Kitchen - Whether you want to prepare or just hang out you’ll appreciate the kitchen. Gather round the handsome peninsula which has 4 bar stools. The kitchen features high end granite, undercounter lighting, dimmable lights, sound system, huge refrigerator with ice and water dispenser. Plus, all the conveniences of a modern kitchen: dishwasher, stove, microwave, toaster, garbage disposal, Ninja blender and Keurig drink maker. The kitchen is also completely supplied with dishes, silverware, cooking pots and pans, wine glasses, cookie sheet, mixing bowls, and casserole dishes,
Bedrooms – After a full day of fun in Charleston, you will be ready to retire to one of the 6 bedrooms. One bedroom is on the first floor and other five are located on the second floor. Two bedrooms offer King beds while the other four bedrooms provide exceptionally comfortable queen beds that are serviced with quality linens. In addition, each one of our charming well-appointed bedrooms has access to wireless high-speed internet as well as CAT-6 jacks in 3 of the bedrooms for the secure minded traveler.
Bathrooms: There are five and a half bathrooms. The first full bath is downstairs and features a handsome bespoke shower stall and granite topped vanity, frameless shower doors and bespoke tiling. The second bathroom is located upstairs. It has a full-sized tub /shower and features exposed brick and a large vanity topped with beautiful granite. For your enjoyment, luxury towels, soap and toilet paper are supplied. Plus, three bedrooms have full in-suite bathrooms.
Laundry: We have a full-sized, high-end GE washer and dryer in the upstairs hallway. Special feature is its steam/de-wrinkling function. Laundry detergent is supplied.
If a mandatory Evacuation Order for Charleston is given we will provide a 100% refund of payments made if order is during whole time of scheduled stay. If you are already staying with us and a mandatory evacuation is called, we will pro-rate the time remaining. Please note that if there is inclement weather in the other states or countries which prohibits the booking guest or their guests to travel to Charleston, no refund will be issued and Owner shall have no liability in regards to the reservation.
We strongly recommend that our guests purchase traveler's insurance at all times, but especially during the Hurricane Season.
Need more Bedrooms? - Having a bigger group coming to Charleston with you? Rental of Unit C and our other two units located in the first home on the property will give you sleeping space for 30 (24 in bedrooms).
See VRBO1237214 – 4 Bedroom 2 Bath, Unit A sleeps 10
See VRBO1236423 - 4 Bedroom, 2 Bath Unit B sleeps 10
If you have any questions, please reach out to us. We hope you choose our place for a magnificent vacation in Charleston, SC!
About the Area
Located by the sea, this vacation home is in Downtown Charleston, a neighborhood in Charleston. Port of Charleston Cruise Terminal and Charleston City Marina are worth checking out if an activity is on the agenda, while those looking for area attractions can visit Charleston Museum and South Carolina Aquarium. Looking to enjoy an event or a game while in town? See what's happening at Charleston Gaillard Center or Joseph P. Riley, Jr. Park. Discover the area's water adventures with jet skiing and kayaking nearby, or enjoy the great outdoors with ecotours and cycling.
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy
Know Before you Go
A car is not required for transportation to and from this property
Pets not allowed
Tricks and tips to get the perfect vacation rental experience:
Find your perfect vacation home:
- June, July, and August are the most expensive months along the coast of SC. To book the best vacation home within budget, we highly recommend booking in the Spring or Fall. You'll benefit from lower rental rates, better selection, gorgeous weather and the absence of giant crowds at your favorite restaurants and activities. Many vacationers use this strategy to find larger homes within budget, or to reserve a beach front vacation rental that would otherwise be unavailable or unaffordable during June, July, and August.
- Reserve your rental as early as possible. Rental schedules often become available 12 months in advance (or in September just after the Summer season ends). Many groups reserve their Summer vacations during Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Years Eve get-togethers. Reserve before these holidays for best selection.
- Some property managers offer promotional rates for veterans. Remember to ask your host or property manager if special discounts are available for your group.
- Management companies and individual rental owners typically offer guests an option to purchase vacation insurance. Trip insurance, which costs between 1% - 5% of the reservation price, offers visitors reimbursement of costs for any missed vacation time as a result of personal medical-related issues or weather disasters, as well as ensuing additional evacuation charges, such as an unanticipated hotel or additional gas expenses. Trip insurance might be a a welcome relief if the unforeseen occurs. Ask the property owner for program terms and fees.
- Look for your local Charleston area area magazine when you check-in. If your rental home doesn't have a copy, you can find them at local shops and visitor centers. In addition to great local information, travel guides have money saving offers on nearby accommodations and attractions.
Planning, picking, and booking your prefect Charleston area vacation home:
- Choose your vacation week and max budget.
- Decide how many beds and the configuration your family needs. Great Downtown Charleston Location! has 6 bedrooms and 6 bathrooms. If you need a larger or smaller rental, use our Charleston area rental home search.
- Precise descriptions of bedrooms and bed types is generally accessible on booking pages. If not, reach out to the property management company before reserving your home. Remember that most properties list maximum guest capacity, which frequently includes pull-out couches and bunk beds.
- Are you visiting for a specific event or attraction? Use a map search to locate nearby rentals.
- Suitable accessibility amenities can make or ruin a vacation for those with limited mobility. Confirm all required amenities are available before booking.
- Some rental properties allow pets, and some don't. Allowable types of family pet, size and breeds may be restricted, and added costs may apply. Ask the property manager about allowable pet guidelines before booking.
- We recommend storing the host's information in your smartphone and wallet.
- Note any issues with the rental at check in, and immediately send them to the host. We specifically recommend texts and e-mails, as they usually contain time stamps that are very helpful if damages are assessed.
- Property managers are there to help! Feel free to ask questions during your stay.
- Be a good neighbor! You wouldn't like troublesome visitors disrupting your home life. Use the golden rule for best judgement. If they like you, locals might even recommend great restaurants and attractions you would have not otherwise known!
- Don't forget to... Ask a local resident! Neighbors can frequently help you find exactly what you're looking for. Who better to ask where to grab the best tacos, have a great night out, or the best spots for BBQ?
- Protect the property owner (and your things!) by locking the property when you are gone, just like you would at home.
- Double-check the property to make sure that you've packed everything on check-out day. Remember to check bathrooms, dressers, and closets for hidden treasure. Clean the refrigerator and take or dispose of leftovers.
- Document the condition of the property at check-out. We recommend taking a video during your final walk-through.
- After your trip, leave a review! Property owners rely on great reviews to inspire more reservations. They'll be much obliged for your review. Alternatively, if something wasn't as described, other vacationers will appreciate that you share your experience find their best vacation rental. Please be fair with your feedback If something fell short of expectations, consider whether the manager had any control over the issue, and if so, whether they responded expeditiously to fix it.
- William Aiken House - 0.3 miles
- Charleston Museum - 0.4 miles
- Joseph Manigault House - 0.5 miles
- Marion Square - 0.5 miles
- Johnson Hagood Stadium - 0.8 miles
- Kahal Kadosh Beth Elohim - 0.9 miles
- Hampton Park - 0.9 miles
- Brittlebank Park - 1.0 miles