About this Property
- Sleeps 12
- 6 Bedrooms
- 6 Bathrooms
- Private vacation home
- Approximately 2400 SQUARE_FEET
- Non-smoking property
- Pets welcome (restrictions apply)
- No children allowed
You have found the ideal place for your Charleston stay!!!
Feel what it means to live like a local in our 2-story Downtown Charleston home with 6bd/5.5ba this home would be ideal for huge groups/families of up to 12 people. Located 1 block off King Street, you can walk to eateries, bakeries, bars, and more within just a few mins. or opt to drive to any of Charleston’s surrounding areas to see all it has to offer! Two parking spots are supplied with this rental with a dedicated turn around spot at the rear of the lot, so you never have to back out when leaving to discover!
What Makes Us Different:
• Located 1 block from the heart of the entertainment district of Upper King Street
• House sits back from street, adding additional privacy
• Sonos Sound System that brings overhead speakers to the Living Room, Kitchen, Entertainment Room, and 2 Master Bedrooms
• Wall accessible HDMI ARC inputs in the Entertainment Room allow for business presentations, sharing photos with family and friends, or gaming to be projected on our two 65” Intelligent QLED TV’s.
• Seating area under the canopy of the grandiose live oak tree outside of the Entertainment Room enables indoor/ outdoor living.
• Private porch where you can appreciate the aroma of Brown’s Court Bakery
• Exposed 1850 fireplaces and original wood floors convey a sense of history
• A huge live oak tree at the back of the property, a grand sycamore tree at the front of the property with 12 palm trees, 5 eagleston hollies and a magnolia in between creates the sense of stepping from a bustling city into a garden getaway*
*Planting of additional trees (2 palms, magnolia, and eagleston hollies) as well as completion of bluestone courtyard at front of property to be finished in January. Will be done by February 1st, 2023.
1st Floor –
The first floor contains bedroom #1 and full bath #1 located adjacent to one another. It also contains the living room with 55” QLED TV, primary kitchen, and entertainment room that holds a kitchenette, dining table with seating for eight, an additional seating area, and two 65” QLED TV’s. A powder room/ half bathroom is located between the primary kitchen and entertainment room.
2nd Floor –
The second floor is segmented into two halves. The second floor above the entertainment room can be accessed from the floating steps in the middle of the room. It contains a laundry room and the two master bedrooms with King beds and in-suite baths (bedrooms and full bathrooms #2 & #3). The second floor of the historic home contains bedroom #4 and bathroom #4 which is an in-suite. A second laundry area as well as bedroom #5, bedroom #6 and full bathroom #5 are located on the second floor of the historic home as well. This area can be accessed via the spiral staircase in the living room or a set of exterior stairs that lead from the parking area to a covered porch.
Details of House:
As you enter the home you will be stepping into the Living Room which features the original fireplace and floor. Don’t worry we have newly restored and refreshed the home: a classy kitchen, 6 new bathrooms, refurbished beautiful wood floors and original fireplaces. The result - Charleston appeal with modern touches and amenities.
Living Room – As you enter the living room you will see the modern touches a 55" wall mounted Intelligent TV, a state-of-the- art sound system and recessed lighting. Just imagine sitting here with friends and family. Natural lighting flows through the sizable windows or you can block the light by pulling the wood blinds. One wall is decorated with different sized mirrors giving the room a cool modern look. The spiral staircase leading to upstairs flanks the other side of the living room space. The living room flows into the full-sized kitchen.
Kitchen - Whether you want to prepare or just hang out you’ll savor the kitchen. Gather round the pretty peninsula which has 4 bar stools. The kitchen features high end granite, undercounter lighting, dimmable lights, sound system, enormous refrigerator with ice and water dispenser. Plus, all the conveniences of a modern kitchen: dishwasher, stove, microwave, toaster, garbage disposal, Ninja blender and Keurig drink maker. The kitchen is also entirely supplied with dishes, silverware, cooking pots and pans, wine glasses, cookie sheet, mixing bowls, and casserole dishes,
Bedrooms – After a full day of fun in Charleston, you will be ready to retire to one of the 6 bedrooms. One bedroom is on the first floor and other five are located on the second floor. Two bedrooms offer King beds while the other four bedrooms provide exceptionally comfortable queen beds that are serviced with quality linens. In addition, each one of our handsome well-appointed bedrooms has access to wireless high-speed internet as well as CAT-6 jacks in 3 of the bedrooms for the secure minded traveler.
Bathrooms: There are five and a half bathrooms. The first full bath is downstairs and features a gorgeous bespoke shower stall and granite topped vanity, frameless shower doors and bespoke tiling. The second bathroom is located upstairs. It has a full-sized tub /shower and features exposed brick and a large vanity topped with beautiful granite. For your enjoyment, luxury towels, soap and toilet paper are included. Plus, three bedrooms have full in-suite bathrooms.
Laundry: We have a full-sized, high-end GE washer and dryer in the upstairs hallway. Special feature is its steam/de-wrinkling function. Laundry detergent is supplied.
If a mandatory Evacuation Order for Charleston is given we will provide a 100% refund of payments made if order is during whole time of scheduled stay. If you are already staying with us and a mandatory evacuation is called, we will pro-rate the time remaining. Please note that if there is inclement weather in the other states or countries which prohibits the booking guest or their guests to travel to Charleston, no refund will be issued and Owner shall have no liability in regards to the reservation.
We strongly recommend that our guests purchase traveler's insurance at all times, but especially during the Hurricane Season.
Need more Bedrooms? - Having a bigger group coming to Charleston with you? Rental of Unit C and our other two units located in the first home on the property will give you sleeping space for 30 (24 in bedrooms).
See VRBO1237214 – 4 Bedroom 2 Bath, Unit A sleeps 10
See VRBO1236423 - 4 Bedroom, 2 Bath Unit B sleeps 10
If you have any questions, please reach out to us. We hope you choose our place for a incredible vacation in Charleston, SC!
About the Area
Located by the ocean, this vacation home is in Downtown Charleston, a neighborhood in Charleston. Port of Charleston Cruise Terminal and Upper King Design District are worth checking out if an activity is on the agenda, while those in the mood for shopping can visit Charleston City Market and Citadel Mall. Looking to enjoy an event or a game while in town? See what's happening at TD Arena or Joseph P. Riley, Jr. Park. Discover the area's water adventures with jet skiing and kayaking nearby, or enjoy the great outdoors with hiking/biking trails and ecotours.
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy
Know Before you Go
A car is not required for transportation to and from this property
- Pets not allowed
Charleston area vacation rental tips and tricks:
Get the best rental value:
- Summer is high season in the Charleston area area. Booking a rental in Spring or Fall is our favorite way to save money on your vacation home. Rates are lower, and you'll find a larger selection of desirable properties. Many vacationers use this method to find larger homes within budget, or to reserve a beach front rental that would otherwise be unaffordable during the high season.
- Reserve your rental as early as possible. Rental schedules usually become available 12 months in advance (or in September just after the Summer season ends). Many families book their Summer vacation rentals during holiday get-togethers. Reserve before these holidays for best selection.
- Active Duty and veterans of the US Armed forces may qualify for special discounts. Be sure to ask your prospective vacation rental company or host if your family qualifies for a discount.
- Booking websites usually offer guests an option to add trip insurance. Trip insurance, which usually will cost 1% - 5% of the base reservation price, offers visitors reimbursement of costs for missed time as a result of medical-related emergencies or weather, as well as hurricane evacuation charges, such as an unexpected hotel or additional gas expenses. Trip insurance can be a a life-saver if the unforeseen occurs. Ask your property manager for specifics.
- Find a copy of your local Charleston area visitors guide upon arrival. If your rental doesn't have one, you can find them at local shops and visitor centers. In addition to great local articles, visitors guide magazines contain coupons for local restaurants, attractions, and tours.
Make a plan and pick the perfect Charleston area rental:
- First, have your family choose date ranges and a budget.
- Decide how many bedrooms and the configuration your family needs. Great Downtown Charleston Location! has 6 bedrooms and 6 bathrooms. If you need a larger or smaller rental, use our rentals search.
- Specific information about bedrooms and bed counts is usually available online. If you don't see them listed, email or call the host before you book the vacation home. Note that most property listings specify maximum guest capacity, which usually includes sofa beds and bunks.
- If there's a certain Charleston area destination you crave, look for homes that are either near by, or those that cater to your needs.
- Appropriate accessibility amenities can make or ruin a vacation for the less-mobile. Remember to confirm all necessary amenities are included before reserving a rental
- If your family is traveling with pets, you'll need to book a pet-friendly rental. Get information on breed, weight, and type restrictions. Usually, property owners charge additional pet fees.
Considerations for your stay:
- Review arrival and departure procedures before traveling. Save the instructions to your smartphone, and take a printed copy.
- Make a record of any damages to the rental upon arrival, and immediately e-mail them to the host. We especially recommend texts and e-mails, as they usually contain built-in time stamps that can be beneficial if a dispute is filed.
- Ask questions. You may want instructions for a garage door opener, A/V setup or kitchen appliance. Contact your owner. They are there to help! A brief text message prevents a lot of problems.
- Be respectful. Frequently, surrounding homes are occupied by local residents. Respecting noise limits and parking rules is the right thing to do.
- Speaking of neighbors... Ask a local resident! Local residents can usually help you find the best spots in town. Who better to ask where to get the best breakfast in town, have a great night out, or the best spots for shopping?
- Ensure you protect the owner (and your stuff!) by locking and securing the home when you are gone, just like you would at home.
- Don't leave anything behind! Just before you drive away, walk through the rental property to confirm you've collected all personal items. Make sure to check closets, dressers, garages, and bathrooms for hidden treasure. Remove everything from the refrigerator and take any leftovers home.
- Please make sure to walk through the rental one final time and scan for damage. We advise inspecting the property with the host whenever you can (often this isn't possible). If the manager is not available, ensure that you take video of the rental to record its condition.
- Remember to leave feedback! Property managers rely on excellent feedback to compel future bookings. They'll be thankful for your review. Alternatively, if something wasn't as described, other families will appreciate that you share your feedback find their best rental home. Please be fair with your feedback If something fell short of expectations, consider whether the property manager could control the issue, and if so, whether they responded reasonably to remedy it.
- William Aiken House - 0.3 miles
- Charleston Museum - 0.4 miles
- Joseph Manigault House - 0.5 miles
- Marion Square - 0.5 miles
- Johnson Hagood Stadium - 0.8 miles
- Kahal Kadosh Beth Elohim - 0.9 miles
- Hampton Park - 0.9 miles
- Brittlebank Park - 1.0 miles