- As low as $1,510/Night
- 8 Bedrooms
- 5 Bathrooms
- Sleeps 18
- 5 bathrooms
- 8 bedrooms
- Air conditioning
- Barbecue grill
- Carbon monoxide detector
- Cobblestone flooring in public areas
- Coffee/tea maker
- Deadbolt lock
- Fire extinguisher
- First aid kit
- Hair dryer
- If you have requests for specific accessibility needs, please contact the property using the information on the reservation confirmation received after booking.
- Internet access
- Iron/ironing board
- Near laundromat
- Onsite parking
- Pet friendly
- Smoke detector
- Smoke-free property
- Sofa bed
- Unit size: 4589 sq ft (426 sq m)
- Washing machine and dryer
About this Property
- Sleeps 18
- 8 Bedrooms
- 5 Bathrooms
- Private vacation home
- Approximately 4589 square feet
Permit Number: 02222 02223
The Space: Modern design and classic South Carolina appeal come together to create your new favorite Downtown Charleston vacation home, otherwise known as The Grandiose Palm. From floor and furnishings to color schemes, decorative accents and more, attention has been given to every single detail, no matter how modest. The Grand Palm is located within the highly coveted Cannonborough neighborhood, which is just a short walk from King street and offers a nice selection of bars, eateries, and stores along the way. Make The Grand Palm your home base for a family vacation, group getaway, or a fun hideaway with friends!
Upon arrival, you will find a lot with three off street parking spaces directly behind the home, which makes packing and unpacking a breeze. Once inside, you are welcomed by an open entryway that portrays an eccentric black and white mural on the right wall. To the left, there is a huge living area complete with two soft leather couches, a TV, and plenty of additional seating. It’s the ideal place for morning coffee or a post-dinner nightcap! You and your guests can also appreciate the main floor dining room which is located just a few steps down the hall and offers seating for 6 and a enormous TV. The dining room also provides direct access to the kitchen, which is completely equipped for your convenience and features ample counter space as well as bar seating for 5 guests.
The main home includes 6 bedrooms, all of which feature top notch bed linens, hotel quality bath amenities, and painless access to one of 5 porch areas surrounding the home. The master suite is simply sublime and includes a king bed, ceiling fan, direct porch access, and a sizable bathroom with dual vanities, a cavernous shower, and a garden bathtub. Each additional bedroom on the main floors of the home includes a TV, clothing storage, and unique design details like original brick fireplaces, french doors, and more.
The painted staircase on the second floor of the home leads to a loft-like third floor space ideal for kids or those who wish to have a bit more privacy during their stay. This open concept space features two full size beds as well as a daybed, couch, and coffee table.
Directly behind the home sits a modern Charleston carriage home. This 2 bedroom/ 1 bathroom bungalow is delightfully comfortable and the ideal size for up to 4 guests. The carriage home features an open floorplan in the main area, which opens up the space and provides a light-filled area where guests can savor the kitchen, living area, and TV. The first floor also includes one bedroom with a queen size bed, TV, ceiling fan, and dresser. The shared bathroom is also located on the main floor of the carriage home. A spiral staircase leads to the second bedroom, which includes double doors, a ceiling fan, a TV, and a modest closet for storage.
Perhaps the best way to enjoy The Grand Palm is by gathering in the roomy backyard area! Between the main home and the carriage home, there are multiple outdoor living areas from which guests can choose. In addition to the porch areas attached to both homes, this property features an outdoor covered patio with a picnic table, an outdoor dining table with an umbrella, a circle of adirondack chairs, and plenty of space for guests to mingle. Savor the indoor and outdoor amenities of The Grand Palm on your next Charleston visit!
Guests will have access to the whole home and will have all the essentials you would need during your stay.
You can pull up to (3) cars off the street and in a parking lot behind the home, which makes packing and unpacking a breeze. Three spaces are supplied.Guest Access: *Unlock our Exclusive Guest Guide which helps avoid all the tourist traps and drastically helps plan your trip*
*Unlock Hotel Conveniences with your home*
All guests, age 25 and up, staying with Stay Duvet have been granted access to The Wonderer Charleston.
This 2-acre private membership club located in downtown Charleston is a modern getaway
offering resort-style amenities and a Bali-Tulum-inspired ambiance unparalleled on the
peninsula. The property includes a swimming pool, onsite eateries for breakfast, lunch,
dinner, trendy beverages, and of course poolside cabanas! It also includes an indoor gym and
exercise studio with daily classes, a recovery room full of spa therapies, private
and shared workspaces, live music, and an active calendar of social events.
Once you confirm your reservation at The Wonderer, you will receive a link to book your time to
visit the Campus. Please note, all exercise classes and ticketed events are offered based on
availability and may come at an additional cost.
Day Passes are available at the following prices (pre-purchase only):
- Free: Oct 15th - Apr 14th
- Additional Cost: Apr 15th - Oct 14th
- $15 per person: Sunday through Friday
- $30 per person: Saturdays
*No Rolling or Duffel side suitcases allowed on site, Please pre-register with Bag Valet for pickup at CHS International Airport or you will be able to check your bags with Bag Valet onsite at The Wonderer and it will be delivered to your local destination. Fees apply*
Please note: availability is not guaranteed without a confirmed reservation. The number of available day passes remains stringently first-come, first-serve. If you plan to enjoy The Wonderer anytime between April 15th - September 1st, we strongly suggest booking in advance to guarantee access. Prices are subject to change.
Any group exceeding 8 or more guests must be approved separately by contacting
the Wonderer directly. If using the Pool area, it is required that events of 8+ rent a Cabana.
The Club has a minimum age requirement of 25 years old (unless you're a member, a guest of a member, or receive a special exception from club management). Some special events may have varying age restrictions.
*Please also note that StayDuvet is not the same company as The Wonderer and offers
this as an added perk. If access is not granted to the Wonderer during your stay due to
availability, no inconvenience credits will be awarded, and any issues related to your visit
at The Wonderer must be directed exclusively to The Wonderer staff.*
Guests will have full access to their rental along with all the appliances and amenities included with your stay.
The Wonderer's parking is a paid lot.
If your unit has parking, Parking Instructions will be given to you 3 days prior to the check-in date. To see if your unit does have parking, please check THE SPACE and AMENITIES section of the listing.The Neighbourhood: Discover the allure of Cannonborough/Elliotborough!
Located in the heart of the vibrant Cannonborough/Elliotborough district in downtown Charleston, this striking neighborhood invites you into a world of friendly neighbors, cozy eateries, and impressive streets. Immerse yourself in the timeless charm of Charleston as you discover our neighborhood's cozy eateries and trendy spots. Ideal for families and groups seeking a enchanting blend of culinary delights and cultural experiences, our home is your gateway to an memorable vacation.
Indulge your taste buds at acclaimed dining destinations such as The Tippling House Wine Bar, The Ordinary, Xiao Bao Biscuit, and more. Savor the flavors of Charleston's acclaimed culinary scene, with favorites like Fuel, Bistronomy, and Barsa just steps away. Treat yourself to the delectable creations at Brown's Court Bakery and Sugar Bakery, both beloved by our guests and neighbors. For a delightful caffeine fix and heavenly sweets, don't miss Babas, where locally-roasted coffee and mouthwatering cookies await.
Stroll down the bustling King Street, a short walk from your doorstep, and discover a plethora of striking stores, from antique treasures to chic stores. When hunger strikes, choose from an array of buzzing eateries that cater to every palate. And for your convenience, Publix is just around the corner on Lockwood Drive.
In addition to its culinary delights, our neighborhood offers proximity to renowned institutions such as CofC, MUSC, Roper, and the Citadel, making it a hub of knowledge and culture.
Feel the enchantment of Cannonborough/Elliotborough – where every moment is a delightful discovery and every street is filled with the promise of adventure.Interaction With Guests: Our team can provide self-check-in instructions for your convenience. If you need anything at all, we can be reached via text or phone.
Our 5* hosting services company, StayDuvet, will be on hand throughout your stay. StayDuvet is the only group in town that offers Professionally Laundered 100% Cotton Linens, Off-Site Guest Resort with Pool, Gym, and Office Spaces, Hotel Conveniences, Entirely outfitted Kitchens, and Custom Guest Itineraries to make planning your trip simple. Also, once the booking is confirmed, all guests gain exclusive access to our carefully curated magazine with the best local things-to-do such as the best eateries & bars, water-sports, boat units, massages, private chefs, helicopter rides, walking tours, and ghost tours.
Room Service: Stay Duvet is proud to offer Room Service supplied by Babas on Cannon. We offer a wide selection ranging from breakfast, lunch, pantry staples, bottled wine, drinks, and beer. Please download the iPhone or Android App to start placing your order which will be given to you at the time of booking.Getting Around: You can walk anywhere and everywhere in Downtown Charleston, but just in case, here is a list of the top transportation services:
Uber and Lyft
Charleston Black Cab Limo Company (Can accommodate 1-20 people)
CARTA Dash for complimentary rides around downtown!
Charleston RickshawOther Notes: *THIS PROPERTY IS LEGAL AND LICENSED BY THE CITY OF CHARLESTON!
*Bag drop is supplied through a third event for an additional fee.
We kindly ask you to utilize the washer and dryer if available in the unit to freshen linens. Unlike a hotel, we have limited linens and towels for our guests and must wash them between each stay off-site. We have included laundry detergent for your convenience.
*PROVIDED WITH EACH STAY:
Free High-Speed Internet WIFI
One Bag of Free Locally Packaged Coffee
Paper Products (toilet paper, paper towels, tissues)
Hotel Quality Bath Conveniences (shampoo, conditioner, body wash, hand soap)
Dish and Laundry Detergents
Hair Dryer, Iron, and Ironing Board
4 Bath Towels per bed and Professionally Laundered Linens
Basic Cooking Essentials and Kitchenware
*ONLY IF THE PROPERTY ALLOWS FAMILY PETS: One dog is allowed for a non-returnable pet fee of $200. Additional family pets are subject to approval with an additional pet fee of $200. Inquire first before bringing more than one pet. The fee is waived for certified service dogs IF Proper paperwork is supplied prior to Check-in! Any excessive pet dander or damages caused by your pet will warrant an additional charge. Family Animals must be on leash at all times when not inside property or in fenced in backyard.
*Room Service: Stay Duvet is proud to offer Room Service supplied by Babas on Cannon. We offer a wide selection ranging from breakfast, lunch, pantry staples, bottled wine, drinks, and beer. Please download the iPhone or Android App to start placing your order which will be given to you at the time of booking.
*If a Mandatory Evacuation Order for Charleston County is given during the dates of your stay, The Owner/Host or the Property Management Company shall refund 100% of all deposits, payments and/or monies paid by the traveler within 72 hours. Owner/Host or Property Management Company shall have no further liability with respect to the Reservation. Please note that if there is inclement weather in the other 49 states, prohibiting the traveler (or guests in traveler’s group) from getting to Charleston, a refund will not be issued and, Owner/Host or Property Management Company shall have no liability with respect to the Reservation. During months where there is a potential for inclement weather, such as hurricane season, we strongly suggest travelers obtain insurance.
*No Smoking Accepted. Violators will be fined a minimum of $250 for in-room smoke damages. Smoking is ONLY allowed outside of the property, but please try to keep at least 10 feet from the doors to keep smoke from trailing inside.
*Firearms are not allowed in any of our private residences. Any firearms left behind at a property will be turned over to local police without notice to guest.
*This is a licensed and legal Short Term Rental. Neighborhood peaceful hours are from 10pm-8am. If violated the city will issue a $1047 fine. Guests are also responsible for following the City of Charleston's Ordinance rules under Section 54-227.
*Our city is growing quickly. With that growth comes construction. Unfortunately, there’s nothing we can do about the resulting noise or the current, cosmetic state of some neighboring buildings. During your stay, this shouldn’t be too bothersome, since the city’s noise ordinance dictates peaceful hours between 10pm - 8am.
*10+ Day Stays are subject to an additional cleaning fee at host's discretion.
*Alteration Policy: Any change of dates or cancellation of any nights of the original reservation will not be approved within 60 days or arrival.
*Please use painters tape if you plan on using tape to decorate for an event. If the wall is damaged due to tape removal or decorations, you will have to pay $500 for repainting.
*THIS IS NOT A PARTY HOME!!!
About the Area
This vacation home is located in Downtown Charleston, a neighborhood in Charleston. Music Farm and Charleston Music Hall are cultural highlights, and some of the area's landmarks include Aiken-Rhett House Museum and Historic Rice Mill. Charleston Museum and South Carolina Aquarium are also worth visiting.
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy
- Pets allowed
- Service animals are welcome, and are exempt from fees
Strategies to get the optimal vacation rental experience:
Get the most from your rental home budget:
- Summer is the most expensive season in coastal SC. Booking a rental in the Fall or Spring is our best tip for saving money on your vacation rental. Rental rates are lower, and you'll find a larger selection of desirable properties. Many vacationers use this method to reserve larger homes, or to book a beach front rental that would otherwise be unavailable during the Summer months. Speaking of the off-season, don't overlook Winter holidays for a Charleston area vacation! Who wouldn't love a holiday near the ocean? Christmas, Thanksgiving, and New Years Eve are great times to gather with friends and family at the beach.
- Book your vacation home as soon as possible. Rental schedules generally become available 12 months in advance (or in September just after the Summer season ends). Many families book their Summer vacations during Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Years Eve gatherings. Book before these holidays for best selection.
- Some property management companies offer rate reductions for veterans. Make sure to check with your host or property manager to see if special offers are available for your group before you book.
- Property management companies often offer guests an option to purchase vacation insurance. Trip insurance, which normally costs between 1% - 5% of the base stay price, offers visitors reimbursement of their vacation costs for any days missed as a result of medical-related catastrophes or weather disasters, as well as ensuing additional hurricane evacuation charges, such as an unanticipated hotel overnight or extra gas expenses. Trip insurance can be a a welcome relief if the unforeseen occurs. Ask your property manager for specifics.
- Often, property management companies and vacation rental houses supply Charleston area area visitors guide magazines which include special offers, either offered directly by local companies, or by way of a relationship between the rental management company and the business itself. You can also find Charleston area visitors guide and coupon books at local shops and grocery stores.
Make a plan and choose the bestvacation home:
- Start by selecting the best vacation week and a spending budget.
- Decide how many beds and the bed configuration your group requires. Grand Palm
- Precise information about bedrooms and bed counts & types is regularly available on booking websites. Otherwise, call the property owner before reserving the property. Remember that most property listings specify the max. guest capacity, which often includes sofa beds and bunks. You will need to determine what is suitable for your vacation group.
- If there's a certain Charleston area destination you long to visit, browse rentals that are either close by, or those that cater to your needs.
- Proper accessibility can make or break a vacation for guests that require the use of a wheelchair. .
- Some properties allow pets, but some do not. Acceptable types of family pet, weight and breeds may be restricted, and additional costs may apply. Ask the property management company about pets before booking.
Know before you go:
- Take a copy of the host's phone number and entry/exit procedures for your rental property. Store the manager's contact information in your smartphone and wallet.
- Upon check-in, note any issues with the rental property and immediately alert the owner. Keep records of all correspondence just in case a dispute arises.
- Hosts are great sources of help! Don't be shy to ask any questions before, during, or after your stay.
- Respect your neighbors. Frequently, nearby homes are occupied by local residents. Respecting quiet hours and parking regulations can make a stay significantly more pleasurable.
- Don't forget to... Ask a local resident! Local residents can frequently help you find the best spots in town. Who better to ask where to get the best breakfast in town, have a great night on the town, or the best spots for shopping?
- Lock your rental property while you are away! Don't let crooks spoil your holiday.
- Just prior to departing, complete a walk-through to confirm you haven't leave anything behind. Remember to check bathrooms, garages, and back yards for hidden items. Remove everything from the refrigerator and take any leftovers home.
- Record a video to document the condition of the property.
- Did your family have a excellent stay? Many rental management companies make it easy for clients to provide feedback. If your rental property and/or host was fantastic, they would love to hear about it. If anything was imperfect and they failed to address it reasonably, or if the vacation rental wasn't as described, you'll want to make it a point as part of your feedback.
- Johnson Hagood Stadium - 0.4 miles
- The Citadel - 0.7 miles
- William Aiken House - 0.7 miles
- Hampton Park - 0.7 miles
- City Marina - 0.7 miles
- Brittlebank Park - 0.8 miles
- Charleston Museum - 0.8 miles
- Joseph Manigault House - 0.9 miles