About this Property
- Sleeps 18
- 8 Bedrooms
- 4 Bathrooms
- Private vacation home
- Approximately 4589 SQUARE_FEET
- Non-smoking property
- Pets welcome (restrictions apply)
Permit Number: 02222, 02223
Our roomy 3 floor home, ‘The Grandiose Palm’, is ideal for groups up to 18 guests with 8 bedrooms, 4 full baths. Located just off of Spring Street, location and parking won't be an issue here!
Accessed by it own entrance/exit, and up modest (exterior) porch stairs, The Grand Palm features an open floor plan that accommodates both dining and lounge space, making it great for groups looking to spend time together or savor a meal. It is charmingly appointed with wood floors, a sizable completely equipped kitchen, top of the line appliances, a gracious living area, an island with and a incredible patio. The Master Bedroom has a king bed with pillow top bed and luxury linens. There is a flat screen TV, ceiling fan and huge closet. Appreciate flat screen TVs in 5 bedrooms, enormous porches on two stories, and an handsome manicured courtyard.
Supplied is a astounding and private 2 bedroom, 1 bathroom Carriage House directly behind the Main House that offers comfortable privacy for part of your group. You will have access to three, off-street parking spaces. Two breakfast bars and formal dining room with combined seating for 12 and outdoor table with additional seating for 6. Guest bedrooms are located across all three floors with bathrooms. Entirely equipped kitchen with basic cooking/kitchenware is also located on this first level.
Guests will have access to the whole home and will have all the essentials you would need during your stay.
You can pull your cars off the street and in a parking lot behind the home, which makes packing and unpacking a breeze. Three spaces are supplied.
The home is located in the heart of the impressive and trendy Cannonborough/Elliotborough district of downtown Charleston. With its friendly neighbors, cozy eateries, and tree-lined streets, our neighborhood will immerse you in Charleston’s classic appeal. This home is ideal for a family or group seeking a fun, culinary, and cultural vacation. Popular dining spots in the neighborhood include The Tippling House Wine Bar,The Ordinary, Xiao Bao Biscuit, Fuel, Bistronomy, Barsa, R Kitchen, Chubby Fish, Pink Cactus, Chasing Sage, Elliotborough Minibar and the Warehouse for drinks. Our guests and neighbors also rave about Brown's Court Bakery and Sugar Bakery located close by. We recommend going to Babas for a cup of locally-roasted coffee and their delicious cookies and cakes. The home is only a short walk from the very fashionable King Street where you will find a multitude of great stores – including antique stores and fashion stores – as well as an countless list of buzzing eateries. Publix is conveniently located close by on Lockwood Drive as well.
The neighborhood is also within walking distance to CofC, MUSC, Roper, and the Citadel
Interaction With Guests:
Our team can provide self- check-in instructions for your convenience. If you need anything at all, we can be reached via text or phone.
Our 5* hosting services company, StayDuvet, will be on hand throughout your stay; from checking you in, to giving you recommendations for things to do! Check out magazine.stayduvet.com for the best local things-to-do such as the best eateries & bars, water-sports, boat units, massages, private chefs, helicopter rides, walking tours, and ghost tours.
Room Service (Downtown Properties Only): Stay Duvet is proud to offer Room Service supplied by Babas on Cannon. We offer a wide selection ranging from breakfast, lunch, pantry staples, bottled wine, drinks, and beer. Please download the iPhone or Android App to start placing your order which will be given to you at the time of booking.
You can walk anywhere and everywhere in Downtown Charleston, but just in case, here is a list of the top transportation services:
Uber and Lyft
Charleston Black Cab Limo Company (Can accommodate 1-200 people)
THIS PROPERTY IS LEGAL AND LICENSED BY THE CITY OF CHARLESTON!
Bag drop supplied through a third event for an additional fee.
We kindly ask you to utilize the washer and dryer if available in the unit to freshen linens. Unlike a hotel, we have limited linens and towels for our guests and must wash them between each stay off-site. We have supplied laundry detergent for your convenience.
PROVIDED WITH EACH STAY:
Free Free High-Speed Internet/WiFi
Free locally packaged Coffee
Paper Products (toilet paper, paper towels, tissues)
Hotel Quality Bath Conveniences (shampoo, conditioner, hand soap, body wash, lotion)
Hair Dryer/Iron/Ironing Board
One dog is allowed for a non-returnable pet fee of $100. Fee is waived for certified service dogs IF Proper paperwork is included prior to Check-in!
Room Service: Stay Duvet is proud to offer Room Service included by Babas on Cannon. We offer a wide selection ranging from breakfast, lunch, pantry staples, bottled wine, drinks, and beer. Please download the iPhone or Android App to start placing your order which will be given to you at the time of booking.
If a Mandatory Evacuation Order for Charleston County is given during the dates of your stay, The Owner/Host or the Property Management Company shall refund 100% of all deposits, payments and / or monies paid by the traveler within 72 hours. Owner/Host or Property Management Company shall have no further liability with respect to the Reservation. Please note that if there is inclement weather in the other 49 states, prohibiting the traveler (or guests in traveler’s group) from getting to Charleston, a refund will not be issued and, Owner/Host or Property Management Company shall have no liability with respect to the Reservation. During months where there is a potential for inclement weather, such as hurricane season, we strongly suggest travelers obtain insurance.
No Smoking Accepted. Violators will be fined for in-room smoke damages. Smoking is ONLY allowed outside of the property, but please try to keep at least 10 feet from the doors to keep smoke from trailing inside. Firearms are not allowed in any of our private residences.
This is a licensed and legal Short Term Rental. Neighborhood peaceful hours are from 10pm-8am. If violated the city will issue a $1047 fine. Guests are also responsible for following the City of Charleston's Ordinance rules under Section 54-227.
Our city is growing quickly. With that growth comes construction. Unfortunately, there’s nothing we can do about the resulting noise or the current, cosmetic state of some neighboring buildings. During your stay, this shouldn’t be too bothersome, since the city’s noise ordinance dictates peaceful hours between 10pm & 8am.
10+ Day Stays are subject to an additional cleaning fee at host's discretion
Please use painters tape if you plan on using tape to decorate for an event. If the wall is damaged due to tape removal or decorations, you will have to pay $500 for repainting.
THIS IS NOT A PARTY HOME!!!
About the Area
Located by the sea, this vacation home is in Downtown Charleston, a walkable area in Charleston with good shopping. Charleston Music Hall and Historic Rice Mill are local landmarks, and some of the area's attractions include Charleston Museum and South Carolina Aquarium. Mount Pleasant Memorial Waterfront Park and Patriots Point are also worth visiting.
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy
Know Before you Go
A car is not required for transportation to and from this property
- Pets allowed
Charleston vacation rental home tips and tricks:
Money saving strategies:
- Reserve your rental as early as possible. Rental schedules usually become available a year in advance (or in September just after Summer ends). Many families book their Summer rentals during Christmas and Thanksgiving get-togethers. Reserve before these holidays for best selection.
- June, July, and August are high season in the Charleston area area. Reserving a rental home in the Fall or Spring shoulder seasons is our best tip for saving money on your vacation rental. Rates are lower, and you'll find a larger selection of suitable properties. Many vacationers use this method to find larger homes within budget, or to reserve a beach front vacation rental that would otherwise be unavailable during June, July, and August. Speaking of the off-season, don't overlook the holidays for a Charleston area vacation! Who wouldn't love a holiday on the coast? Thanksgiving and Christmas are great times to gather with family and friends at the beach.
- Veterans and Active Duty Military members may be qualified for special discounts. Be sure to ask your prospective property owner if your vacationing group qualifies for a reduced rate.
- Management companies and individual rental owners usually offer their guests an option to add trip insurance. Trip insurance, which normally will cost you 1% - 5% of the base reservation price, offers visitors reimbursement of their vacation costs for any missed time as a result of medical-related catastrophes or weather disasters, as well as ensuing additional hurricane evacuation charges, such as an unanticipated hotel or extra gasoline expenses. Trip insurance might be a a life-saver if the unforeseen occurs. Ask your host for program terms and fees.
- Many rental management companies and vacation rental houses supply Charleston area area visitors guide magazines which will include special offers, either offered directly by local companies, or through a partnership between the property management company and the business itself. You can also find visitors guide and coupon books at local gas stations and shopping centers.
Use filters to search efficiently:
- First, have your family agree to the best dates and a max budget.
- Decide how many beds and the configuration your group needs. The Grand Palm by StayDuvet! has 8 bedrooms and 4 bathrooms.
- Precise details about bedrooms and bed types is often available on booking websites. Otherwise, reach out to the property management company before reserving the vacation property. Remember that most property listings specify the maximum guest capacity, which oftentimes includes pull out couches in living rooms.
- Some rentals allow pets, and others don't. Acceptable types of pet, weight and breeds may be restricted, and added charges may apply. Ask the property management company about allowable breeds and types before booking.
- Are you visiting for a specific attraction? Use a map search to browse nearby properties.
- Appropriate accessibility can make or break a vacation for the less-mobile. Make certain to ask about specialized equipment and wheel chair accessibility.
Tips to have a fantastic stay:
- Put the owner's contact information in your smartphone.
- Ask questions. You may need instructions for a garage door opener, television set or coffee maker. Contact your owner. They are there to help! A brief telephone call prevents lots of concerns.
- Ensure you protect the property owner (and your things!) by locking the property when you are out, just like you would at home.
- During arrival, note any issues with the property and immediately alert the property manager. Record all correspondence just in case a dispute arises.
- Respect the neighborhood. Frequently, nearby homes are filled by local residents. Respecting quiet hours and parking policies can make a stay significantly more pleasurable.
- Don't forget to... Ask a local resident! Locals can often point you in the right direction. Who better to ask where to rent beach equipment, have a great night on the town, or the best spots for fine dining?
- Just prior to departing, complete a final walk-through to confirm you didn't forget anything. Re-check garages, decks, and cabinets for hidden belongings. Clean out the refrigerator and take or dispose of leftovers.
- Go through the property a final time and look for damages to contents or the property itself. We recommend inspecting the property with the property manager whenever possible. If the manager is not available, take photos of the property to record its condition at check-out.
- Did you have a terrific stay? Many rental home management companies make it easy for vacationers to provide feedback. If your rental and/or property management company was wonderful, they would love to hear about it. If anything was defective and they failed to fix it reasonably, or if the vacation rental wasn't described correctly, you'll want to make a note as part of your comments.
- Johnson Hagood Stadium - 0.4 miles
- The Citadel - 0.7 miles
- William Aiken House - 0.7 miles
- Hampton Park - 0.7 miles
- City Marina - 0.7 miles
- Brittlebank Park - 0.8 miles
- Charleston Museum - 0.8 miles
- Joseph Manigault House - 0.9 miles