- As low as $709/Night
- 8 Bedrooms
- 4 Bathrooms
- Sleeps 18
- 4 bathrooms
- 8 bedrooms
- Car not required
- Carbon monoxide detector
- Cobblestone flooring in public areas
- Deadbolt lock
- Fire extinguisher
- First aid kit
- Fitness facilities nearby
- If you have requests for specific accessibility needs, please contact the property using the information on the reservation confirmation received after booking.
- In the city center
- Near a hospital
- Near laundromat
- Near the sea
- Pet friendly
- Sleeps 18
- Smoke detector
- Smoke-free property
- Sofa bed
- Unit size: 4589 sq ft (426 sq m)
About this Property
- Sleeps 18
- 8 Bedrooms
- 4 Bathrooms
- Private vacation home
- Approximately 4589 square feet
Permit Number: 02222 02223
The Space: Modern design and classic South Carolina appeal come together to create your new favorite Downtown Charleston vacation home, otherwise known as The Grandiose Palm. From floor and furnishings to color schemes, decorative accents and more, attention has been given to every single detail, no matter how modest. The Grand Palm is located within the highly coveted Cannonborough neighborhood, which is just a short walk from King street and offers a nice selection of bars, eateries, and stores along the way. Make The Grand Palm your home base for a family vacation, group getaway, or a fun hideaway with friends!
Upon arrival, you will find a lot with three off street parking spaces directly behind the home, which makes packing and unpacking a breeze. Once inside, you are welcomed by an open entry that portrays an eccentric black and white mural on the right wall. To the left, there is a sizable living area complete with two soft leather couches, a TV, and plenty of additional seating. It’s the ideal place for morning coffee or a post-dinner nightcap! You and your guests can also savor the main floor dining room which is located just a few steps down the hall and offers seating for 6 and a enormous TV. The dining room also provides direct access to the kitchen, which is entirely equipped for your convenience and features ample counter space as well as bar seating for 5 guests.
The main home includes 6 bedrooms, all of which feature top notch bed linens, hotel quality bath amenities, and painless access to one of 5 porch areas surrounding the home. The master suite is simply sublime and includes a king bed, ceiling fan, direct porch access, and a huge bathroom with dual vanities, a cavernous shower, and a garden bathtub. Each additional bedroom on the main floors of the home includes a TV, clothing storage, and unique design details like original brick fireplaces, french doors, and more.
The painted staircase on the second floor of the home leads to a loft-like third floor space ideal for kids or those who wish to have a bit more privacy during their stay. This open concept space features two full size beds as well as a daybed, couch, and coffee table.
Directly behind the home sits a modern Charleston carriage home. This 2 bedroom/ 1 bathroom bungalow is delightfully comfortable and the ideal size for up to 4 guests. The carriage home features an open floorplan in the main area, which opens up the space and provides a light-filled area where guests can appreciate the kitchen, living area, and TV. The first floor also includes one bedroom with a queen size bed, TV, ceiling fan, and dresser. The shared bathroom is also located on the main floor of the carriage home. A spiral staircase leads to the second bedroom, which includes double doors, a ceiling fan, a TV, and a modest closet for storage.
Perhaps the best way to enjoy The Grand Palm is by gathering in the roomy backyard area! Between the main home and the carriage home, there are multiple outdoor living areas from which guests can choose. In addition to the porch areas attached to both homes, this property features an outdoor covered patio with a picnic table, an outdoor dining table with an umbrella, a circle of adirondack chairs, and plenty of space for guests to mingle. Appreciate the indoor and outdoor amenities of The Grand Palm on your next Charleston visit!
Guests will have access to the whole home and will have all the essentials you would need during your stay.
You can pull up to (3) cars off the street and in a parking lot behind the home, which makes packing and unpacking a breeze. Three spaces are included.
About the Area
Located by the sea, this vacation home is in Downtown Charleston, a walkable area in Charleston with good shopping. Patriots Point and Music Farm are cultural highlights, and some of the area's landmarks include Charleston City Market and Charleston Music Hall. Charleston Museum and South Carolina Aquarium are also worth visiting.
Be prepared: check the latest COVID-19 travel requirements and measures in place for this destination before you travel.
Know Before you Go
A car is not required for transportation to and from this property
- Pets allowed
Rental home tips and tricks:
When to visit Charleston & When to book:
- In the Charleston area area, The sooner your group can reserve a home, the easier your search will be. The best vacation rentals are booked early. Reserving your rental home up to 12 months before your vacation is recommended. Christmas, Thanksgiving and New Years Eve are excellent times to search for and book your rental home.
- Summertime is the most expensive season in coastal SC. To book the best rental home within your budget, we recommend booking in Fall or Spring. You'll benefit from lower rental rates, better selection, warm weather and the absence of large crowds at the beach and popular Charleston area attractions. Speaking of the off-season, don't overlook the holidays for a Charleston area vacation! Who wouldn't love a holiday vacation on the coast? Christmas, Thanksgiving, and New Years Eve are great times to gather with loved ones at your favorite beach.
- Owners sometimes offer special rates for veterans. Check with your host or property manager to see if special discounts are available for your family before you book.
- Property managers frequently offer renters an option to buy trip insurance protection. Trip insurance, which costs anywhere between 1% - 5% of the reservation price, offers visitors reimbursement of costs for any missed time as a result of medical-related emergencies or weather disasters, as well as evacuation costs or charges, such as an unexpected hotel overnight or additional fuel expenses. Trip insurance is definitely a life-saver if the unforeseen happens. Ask your host for more information.
- Find a copy of your local Charleston area visitors guide magazine when you arrive at the rental property. If your rental doesn't have a copy, you can find them at local grocery stores, shopping centers, and visitor centers. In addition to great information, visitors guides contain discounts for local accommodations and attractions.
Selecting the perfect vacation home in the Charleston area area:
- Begin by selecting your potential vacation weeks and a maximum budget.
- Main House & Guest House
- Specific information about bedrooms and bed types is commonly accessible online. If they are not listed, reach out to the property owner before reserving the vacation property. Note that most properties list maximum guest capacity, which typically includes pull out couches in living rooms.
- Some rental properties allow pets, but some do not. Acceptable types of pet, weight and breeds may be restricted, and additional costs may apply. Ask the owner about pets before booking.
- Looking for specific amenities? Most rental search websites include search filters for amenities. Filtering by amenity will allow you to quickly find your ideal rental home.
- Proper accessibility amenities can make or ruin a vacation for persons with a disability. Remember to confirm all necessary amenities are available before reserving a rental
More tips for your visit:
- Be sure you get the owner's contact number and check in/check out procedures for your rental. Store the host's contact information in your smartphone.
- Property managers are great sources of help! Feel free to ask any questions before, during, or after your stay.
- Lock your rental while you are out and about. Protect your property!
- During check-in, record any issues with the rental property and immediately contact the host. Keep records of all correspondence in case a dispute arises.
- Respect the neighborhood. Often times, adjacent homes are filled by permanent residents. Respecting late-night quiet hours and parking rules is the right thing to do.
- Speaking of neighbors... Ask a local resident! Local residents can typically help you find exactly what you're looking for. Who better to ask where to rent beach equipment, have a great night on the town, or the best spots for BBQ?
- Don't leave anything behind! Before departing, walk through the rental to confirm you've collected all belongings. Check closets, dressers, garages, and bathrooms for hidden items. Clean out the refrigerator and take or dispose of leftovers.
- Inspect the property one final time and look for any damage. We advise inspecting the property with the host whenever you can (often this isn't possible). If the property manager is not available, remember to take photos and video of the rental to record its condition at check-out.
- Did your family have a terrific time? Most rental websites make it easy for clients to provide feedback. If your property and/or property management company was fantastic, they would love to hear it. If anything was amiss and they failed to address it reasonably, or if the vacation rental wasn't described correctly, you'll want to make a note as part of your comments.
- Johnson Hagood Stadium - 0.4 miles
- The Citadel - 0.7 miles
- William Aiken House - 0.7 miles
- Hampton Park - 0.7 miles
- City Marina - 0.7 miles
- Brittlebank Park - 0.8 miles
- Charleston Museum - 0.8 miles
- Joseph Manigault House - 0.9 miles
- City Market - 1.3 miles
- Gibbes Museum of Art - 1.3 miles
Ready to book The Grand Palm by StayDuvet | Main House & Guest House | Large Groups Welcome!?Book Online Get Information Call: