- As low as $674/Night
- 8 Bedrooms
- 4 Bathrooms
- Sleeps 18
- 4 bathrooms
- 8 bedrooms
- Air conditioning
- Barbecue grill
- Bed sheets provided
- Car not required
- Cobblestone flooring in public areas
- Coffee/tea maker
- Concierge services
- Deadbolt lock
- Fitness facilities nearby
- Golfing on site
- Hair dryer
- If you have requests for specific accessibility needs, please contact the property using the information on the reservation confirmation received after booking.
- In the city center
- Internet access
- Iron/ironing board
- Near a hospital
- Near laundromat
- Near the sea
- Pet friendly
- Sleeps 18
- Smoke-free property
- Tennis on site
- Towels provided
- Unit size: 4589 sq ft (426 sq m)
- Washing machine and dryer
About this Property
- Sleeps 18
- 8 Bedrooms
- 4 Bathrooms
- Private vacation home
- Approximately 4589 SQUARE_FEET
- Non-smoking property
- Pets welcome (restrictions apply)
Permit Number: 02222, 02223
Modern design and classic South Carolina appeal come together to create your new favorite Downtown Charleston vacation home, otherwise known as The Grandiose Palm. From floor and furnishings to color schemes, decorative accents and more, attention has been given to every single detail, no matter how modest. The Grand Palm is located within the highly coveted Cannonborough neighborhood, which is just a short walk from King street and offers a nice selection of bars, eateries, and stores along the way. Make The Grand Palm your home base for a family vacation, group getaway, or a fun hideaway with friends!
Upon arrival, you will find a lot with three off street parking spaces directly behind the home, which makes packing and unpacking a breeze. Once inside, you are welcomed by an open entryway that portrays an eccentric black and white mural on the right wall. To the left, there is a huge living area complete with two soft leather couches, a TV, and plenty of additional seating. It’s the ideal place for morning coffee or a post-dinner nightcap! You and your guests can also appreciate the main floor dining room which is located just a few steps down the hall and offers seating for 6 and a sizable TV. The dining room also provides direct access to the kitchen, which is completely equipped for your convenience and features ample counter space as well as bar seating for 5 guests.
The main home includes 6 bedrooms, all of which feature top notch bed linens, hotel quality bath amenities, and painless access to one of 5 porch areas surrounding the home. The master suite is simply sublime and includes a king bed, ceiling fan, direct porch access, and a enormous bathroom with dual vanities, a cavernous shower, and a garden bathtub. Each additional bedroom on the main floors of the home includes a TV, clothing storage, and unique design details like original brick fireplaces, french doors, and more.
The painted staircase on the second floor of the home leads to a loft-like third floor space ideal for kids or those who wish to have a bit more privacy during their stay. This open concept space features two full size beds as well as a daybed, couch, and coffee table.
Directly behind the home sits a modern Charleston carriage home. This 2 bedroom/ 1 bathroom bungalow is delightfully comfortable and the ideal size for 2 to 3 guests. The carriage home features an open floorplan in the main area, which opens up the space and provides a light-filled area where guests can savor the kitchen, living area, and TV. The first floor also includes one bedroom with a queen size bed, TV, ceiling fan, and dresser. The shared bathroom is also located on the main floor of the carriage home. A spiral staircase leads to the second bedroom, which includes double doors, a ceiling fan, a TV, and a modest closet for storage.
Perhaps the best way to savor The Grand Palm is by gathering in the roomy backyard area! Between the main home and the carriage home, there are multiple outdoor living areas from which guests can choose. In addition to the porch areas attached to both homes, this property features an outdoor covered patio with a picnic table, an outdoor dining table with an umbrella, a circle of adirondack chairs, and plenty of space for guests to mingle. Savor the indoor and outdoor amenities of The Grand Palm on your next Charleston visit!
Guests will have access to the whole home and will have all the essentials you would need during your stay.
You can pull up to (3) cars off the street and in a parking lot behind the home, which makes packing and unpacking a breeze. Three spaces are included.
*Once you Confirm Booking at a StayDuvet property, you will Unlock EXCLUSIVE ACCESS to Charleston's Premier Lifestyle & Wellness Club: THE WONDERER!
The Wonderer (Located in Downtown Charleston) is an adults-only (age 21+) club offering social, work, and wellness amenities in a resort-style environment. From daily exercise classes and social events to multiple lounges and workspace options, a swimming pool with cabanas, all-day dining and drinking, live music entertainment, and more, there’s hardly a reason to ever leave. Feel Charleston’s very own downtown getaway and enjoy a true departure from the norm. Guests must book access to the wonderer 24 hours in advance using the reservations portal given to them after booking.
*Access to the Wonderer is Subject to change based on Holidays and Seasonality factors, so please make sure to check the Wonderer site for their hours. Please also note that StayDuvet is not the Wonderer and offers this luxury complimentary, if access is not possible to the Wonderer during your stay, there will not be any inconvenience credits awarded, any issues must be taken up directly with The Wonderer staff*
Guests will have full access to their rental along with all the appliances and amenities included with your stay.
If your unit has parking, Parking Instructions will be given to you 3 days prior to check-in date. To see if your unit does have parking, please check THE SPACE section of the listing.
Welcome to Cannonborough/Elliotborough!
The home is located in the heart of the appealing and trendy Cannonborough/Elliotborough district of downtown Charleston. With its friendly neighbors, cozy eateries, and tree-lined streets, our neighborhood will immerse you in Charleston’s classic charm. This home is ideal for a family or group seeking a fun, culinary, and cultural vacation. Popular dining spots in the neighborhood include The Tippling House Wine Bar,The Ordinary, Xiao Bao Biscuit, Fuel, Bistronomy, Barsa, R Kitchen, Chubby Fish, Pink Cactus, Chasing Sage, Elliotborough Minibar and the Warehouse for drinks. Our guests and neighbors also rave about Brown's Court Bakery and Sugar Bakery located close by. We recommend going to Babas for a cup of locally-roasted coffee and their delicious cookies and cakes. The home is only a short walk from the very trendy King Street where you will find a multitude of great stores – including antique stores and fashion stores – as well as an countless list of buzzing eateries. Publix is conveniently located close by on Lockwood Drive as well.
The neighborhood is also within walking distance to CofC, MUSC, Roper, and the Citadel
Interaction With Guests:
Our team can provide self- check-in instructions for your convenience. If you need anything at all, we can be reached via text or phone.
Our 5* hosting services company, StayDuvet, will be on hand throughout your stay; from checking you in, to giving you recommendations for things to do! Once booking is confirmed, all guests gain exclusive access to our carefully curated magazine with the best local things-to-do such as the best eateries & bars, water-sports, boat units, massages, private chefs, helicopter rides, walking tours, and ghost tours.
Unlock Hotel Conveniences with your home:
All guests staying with us will have FULL ACCESS to The Wonderer. The getaway-themed adults-only campus includes a cafe, restaurant, bar, gym, workspace, and pool! After you’ve confirmed your booking, you will receive a link to book your time to visit the Campus, you must reserve a time at the campus 24 hours before check-in time. Please note that exercise classes and private events/shows are offered for an additional rate. If you are arriving early before check-in or need a place to relax after check-out, this is the PERFECT place to enjoy while you wait. The Wonderer was created for and caters to those who seek a more meaningful balance between social connection, professional life, and personal wellness. *Access to the Wonderer is Subject to change based on Holidays and Seasonality factors, so please make sure to check the Wonderer site for their hours. Please also note that StayDuvet is not the Wonderer and offers this luxury complimentary, if access is not possible to the Wonderer during your stay, there will not be any inconvenience credits awarded, any issues must be taken up directly with The Wonderer staff*
Room Service (Downtown Properties Only): Stay Duvet is proud to offer Room Service supplied by Babas on Cannon. We offer a wide selection ranging from breakfast, lunch, pantry staples, bottled wine, drinks, and beer. Please download the iPhone or Android App to start placing your order which will be given to you at the time of booking.
You can walk anywhere and everywhere in Downtown Charleston, but just in case, here is a list of the top transportation services:
Uber and Lyft
Charleston Black Cab Limo Company (Can accommodate 1-20 people)
THIS PROPERTY IS LEGAL AND LICENSED BY THE CITY OF CHARLESTON!
*Once your Confirm Booking at a StayDuvet property, you will Unlock EXCLUSIVE ACCESS to Charleston's Premier Lifestyle & Wellness Club: THE WONDERER!
The Wonderer is an adults-only (age 21+) club offering social, work, and wellness amenities in a resort-style environment. From daily exercise classes and social events to multiple lounges and workspace options, a swimming pool with cabanas, all-day dining and drinking, live music entertainment, and more, there’s hardly a reason to ever leave. Feel Charleston’s very own downtown getaway and enjoy a true departure from the norm. Guests must book access to the wonderer 24 hours in advance using the reservations portal given to them after booking. *Access to the Wonderer is Subject to change based on Holidays and Seasonality factors, so please make sure to check the Wonderer site for their hours. Please also note that StayDuvet is not the Wonderer and offers this conveniences complimentary, if access is not possible to the Wonderer during your stay, there will not be any inconvenience credits awarded, any issues must be taken up directly with The Wonderer staff*
Bag drop supplied through a third p...
About the Area
Located by the sea, this vacation home is in Downtown Charleston, a walkable area in Charleston with good shopping. Charleston Music Hall and Historic Rice Mill are local landmarks, and some of the area's attractions include Charleston Museum and South Carolina Aquarium. Mount Pleasant Memorial Waterfront Park and Splash Zone Waterpark are also worth visiting.
Be prepared: check the latest COVID-19 travel requirements and measures in place for this destination before you travel.
Know Before you Go
A car is not required for transportation to and from this property
- Pets allowed
Tips and Tricks to get the perfect Charleston rental home experience:
How to get the best value:
- Book your rental as soon as possible. Rental schedules often become available 12 months in advance (or in September just after Summer ends). Many families reserve their Summer rentals during Christmas and Thanksgiving gatherings. Book before these holidays for best selection.
- Summer months are high season in the Charleston area area. Booking in the Fall or Spring shoulder seasons is one of our best tips for saving money on your vacation rental. Rates are lower, and you'll find a larger selection of suitable homes.
- Veterans and Active Duty Military members may be qualified for special discounts. Be sure to ask your prospective property owner if your family qualifies for a price reduction.
- Property management companies often offer guests an option to add trip insurance. Trip insurance, which costs between 1% - 5% of the base booking price, offers visitors reimbursement of costs for any missed trip time as a result of personal medical-related issues or weather disasters, as well as ensuing additional hurricane evacuation costs, such as an unanticipated hotel stay or extra gasoline expenses. Trip insurance can be a a welcome relief if the unforeseen happens. Ask the property owner for program terms and fees.
- Many property management companies and vacation rental houses supply Charleston area area travel guides which will include special offers, either offered independently by local businesses, or by way of a relationship with the management company and the business itself. You can also find visitors guide and coupon books at local grocery stores, shopping centers, and visitor centers.
Use filters to narrow your rental search:
- Start by choosing the best vacation week and a max budget.
- Note the number beds and the configuration your family requires. The Grand Palm by StayDuvet! has 8 bedrooms and 4 bathrooms. If you need a larger or smaller rental, use our Charleston area rental home search.
- Specific information regarding bedrooms and bed types is often accessible online. If not, contact the host before you book the rental. Note that most listings specify maximum guest capacity, which often includes pull-out couches and bunk beds.
- If your family is traveling with pets, you must book a pet-friendly vacation rental. Make sure to ask for details on breed, size, and type restrictions. Be aware that some property owners charge pet deposits and fees.
- Visiting for a single event or attraction? Use a map search to find nearby rentals.
- Appropriate accessibility can make or ruin a vacation for the less-mobile. .
Some things to know before you go:
- Take a copy of the host's contact number and entry/exit procedures for your .
- Property managers are great sources of help! Don't be shy to ask any questions during your stay.
- Lock your vacation home while you're out. Protect the owner's property and your things!
- To ensure that no damages are attributed to your stay, inspect the property for any problem areas upon your arrival. Call the rental manager right away to record any damages. If there is a dispute, having the recorded concerns and contact attempts will be helpful.
- Respecting quiet hours and parking policies can make a stay more pleasurable. You'll magnify your chance to make local friends, and resident neighbors are usually a terrific resource to find the best local attractions.
- Don't forget to... Ask a local resident! Residents can usually help. Who better to ask where to spend a rainy day, have a great night on the town, or the best spots for fine dining?
- Re-check every room of the property to confirm that you've packed all of your family's items at departure. Make sure to check bathrooms, garages, and back yards for hidden belongings. Clean out the refrigerator and take any leftovers home.
- Document the condition of the property at check-out. We recommend taking a video during your final walk-through.
- Did you have a excellent vacation? Most rental websites make it easy for guests to provide comments. If your rental and/or property management company was terrific, they would love to hear it. If anything was wrong and they failed to fix it in a reasonable manner, or if the vacation rental wasn't described correctly, you'll want to make it a point as part of your review.
- Johnson Hagood Stadium - 0.4 miles
- The Citadel - 0.7 miles
- William Aiken House - 0.7 miles
- Hampton Park - 0.7 miles
- City Marina - 0.7 miles
- Brittlebank Park - 0.8 miles
- Charleston Museum - 0.8 miles
- Joseph Manigault House - 0.9 miles