- As low as $206/Night
- 2 Bedrooms
- 3 Bathrooms
- Sleeps 4
- 1 per room (up to 20 lbs per pet)
- 2 bedrooms
- 3 bathrooms
- Air conditioning
- Bathtub or shower
- Beach sun loungers
- Beach towels
- Bed sheets provided
- Birdwatching nearby
- Breakfast available for a fee
- Carbon monoxide detector
- Coffee/tea maker
- Cycling nearby
- Deadbolt lock
- Desk chair
- Dining table
- Ecotours nearby
- Fire extinguisher
- First aid kit
- Fishing nearby
- Fitness facilities nearby
- Free WiFi
- Golf nearby
- Hair dryer
- Horse riding nearby
- Housekeeping (on request)
- In the city center
- Near a health or beauty spa
- Near a hospital
- Near outlet shopping
- Near the bay
- Near the sea
- Outdoor furniture
- Pet friendly
- Sailing nearby
- Sleeps 4
- Smart TV
- Smoke detector
- Smoke-free property
- Surfing/body boarding nearby
- Toilet paper
- Towels provided
- Unit size: 1170 sq ft (109 sq m)
- Washing machine and dryer
- Water park
- Water skiing nearby
- Welcoming cats and dogs only
About this Property
- Sleeps 4
- 2 Bedrooms
- 3 Bathrooms
- Approximately 1170 SQUARE_FEET
- Non-smoking property
- Pets welcome (restrictions apply)
Tucked away South of Broad, on one of Charleston's most famed streets, you will find a unique and historic home that has been converted into two modern apartments with historic touches. This second-floor apartment provides 2 bedrooms and 2.5 baths with antique wood floors, an open concept living/dining/kitchen area, and a phenomenal rooftop terrace with vistas from the Ashley River to the Cooper River.
You will be surprised and delighted with the special touches and updates within, and you will appreciate being South of Broad on the "carriage ride circuit", near the Battery, and Colonial Lake. Bonus: the unit has tandem parking for two cars and street parking for guests.
Please note, this is a monthly rental only. The City of Charleston has a draconian ordinance that only accepts properties on the National Register of Historic Places to have nightly rental permits in our neighborhood.
About the Area
Located by the sea, this condo is in Downtown Charleston, a neighborhood in Charleston. Gibbes Museum of Art and Dock Street Theater are cultural highlights, and travelers looking to shop may want to visit Charleston City Market and Shops at Charleston Place. Looking to enjoy an event or a game while in town? See what's happening at TD Arena or Joseph P. Riley, Jr. Park. Be sure to check out the area's animals with activities such as game walks and birdwatching.
Be prepared: check the latest COVID-19 travel requirements and measures in place for this destination before you travel.
- Pets allowed
- Dogs and cats only
- 1 per room (up to 20 lbs per pet)
Booking the best vacation rental experience:
When to visit Charleston & When to reserve a Charleston area rental home:
- June, July, and August are the most expensive months along the coast of SC. To book the best rental for your budget, we suggest reserving in the Fall or Spring shoulder seasons. You'll benefit from lower rates, better selection, gorgeous weather and the absence of giant crowds at restaurants, beaches, and activities. Many vacationers use this strategy to reserve larger homes, or to reserve an oceanfront vacation rental that would otherwise be unavailable during the high season. Speaking of the off-season, don't overlook Winter holidays for a Charleston area vacation! Who wouldn't love a holiday vacation on the coast? Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Years are great times to gather with family and friends at your favorite beach.
- Book your vacation rental as soon as possible. Rental schedules generally open 12 months in advance (or in September just after the Summer season ends). Many families reserve their Summer vacation rentals during Thanksgiving and Christmas get-togethers. Book before these holidays for best selection.
- Veterans and Active Duty Military members may be qualified for special discounts. Be sure to ask your prospective property management company or host if your group qualifies for a price reduction or discount.
- Booking websites typically offer their guests an option to add vacation insurance protection. Trip insurance, which will generally cost anywhere between 1% - 5% of the booking price, offers visitors reimbursement of their vacation costs for missed vacation time as a result of personal medical-related catastrophes or weather disasters, as well as ensuing additional evacuation costs, such as an unexpected hotel or extra gas expenses. Trip insurance can be a a life-saver if the unforeseen occurs. Ask your property manager for program terms and fees.
- Often, management companies and vacation rental houses supply Charleston area area visitors guide magazines which will include special offers, either offered directly by local companies, or through a partnership between the rental management company and the business itself. You can also find Charleston area visitors guide magazine and coupon books at local gas stations and shopping centers.
Choosing the perfect vacation home in the Charleston area area:
- Select your vacation week and spending budget.
- Determine how many bedrooms and what type of bedroom configuration your group needs. South of Broad Flat with Rooftop Terrace & Parking by Charmingly Charleston has 2 bedrooms and 3 bathrooms. If you need a larger or smaller rental, use our rentals search.
- Specific information about bedrooms and bed types is often accessible on booking websites. If not, email the property manager before you reserve the vacation property. Remember that most properties list the max. guest capacity, which frequently includes pull-out couches and bunk beds.
- If there's a specific Charleston area destination you long to visit, look for properties that are either nearby, or those that cater especially to your needs.
- Suitable accessibility amenities can make or break a vacation for persons with disabilities. Confirm all necessary amenities are available and included before reserving a rental.
- If your group is vacationing with pets, you must book a pet-friendly vacation rental. Ask for specifics on breed, weight, and type restrictions. Be aware that some property managers charge pet deposits and fees.
Tips for your stay:
- Add the owner's contact information to your smartphone. Understand and take a copy of arrival/departure procedures.
- To make sure that no damages are attributed to your family's stay, note any problem areas when you arrive. message the rental manager immediately to relay any issues. If there is a dispute about legal responsibility later, having a record of issues and contact attempts will be useful.
- Ask questions. You may need instructions for a fireplace, television set or washer/dryer. Contact your property manager. They are there to help! A brief phone call can prevent a lot of difficulties.
- Be a good neighbor! You wouldn't like disrespectful vacationers disrupting your peaceful home. Use the golden rule for common sense. If they like you, locals might even recommend great beaches and places you would've not otherwise known about!
- Speaking of neighbors... Ask a local resident! Residents can often help. Who better to ask where to find the best bike paths, have a great night on the town, or the best spots for fishing?
- Lock your vacation home while you're out. Protect your property!
- Double-check every room of the vacation property to make sure that you've packed all belongings at departure. Make sure to check closets, dressers, garages, and bathrooms for hidden treasure. Remove everything from the refrigerator and take any leftovers home.
- Record a video to document the condition of the property.
- Leave feedback! Property owners rely on good feedback to compel future bookings. They'll be much obliged for your feedback. Alternatively, if something went awry, other vacationers will appreciate that you share your experience find their best vacation home. Remember to be objective. If something fell short of expectations, consider whether the owner could control the issue, and if so, whether they responded reasonably to remedy it.
- St. John the Baptist Church - 0.3 miles
- Miles Brewton House - 0.4 miles
- Nathaniel Russell House - 0.5 miles
- Washington Square - 0.5 miles
- White Point Garden - 0.6 miles
- Circular Congressional Church - 0.6 miles
- Dock Street Theater - 0.6 miles
- Hugenot Church - 0.6 miles