About this Property
- Sleeps 4
- 2 Bedrooms
- 2 Bathrooms
- Private vacation home
- Approximately 1234 SQUARE_FEET
- Non-smoking property
- Pets welcome (restrictions apply)
WALK TO KING STREET! Located near Charleston's newest restaurant & nightlife area on upper King Street, this 2-story loft-townhouse offers guests fast access to phenomenal shopping, eateries & entertainment AND a comfortable getaway within the city where you can rest and relax. Guests enter this duplex from the back of the building via their own private porch. Upon entering the home, you will find wood floors throughout, an open floor plan for the living room & kitchen area and an abundance of natural light spilling in through the windows. Both bedrooms are located up the stairs, each with their own Charleston piazza and attached bathroom. Off-street parking on the driveway for up to two cars is supplied in the rental rate. This home is ideal for two couples, a girls or guys' weekend, a family hideaway and more!
This is a legal short term rental! OP2019-00585
SLEEPING ARRANGEMENTS FOR SWEET SPACIOUS SUITE (sleeps 4):
First bedroom (upstairs):
- King size bed
- Ceiling fan
- Private porch
- En suite bathroom
- Plenty of drawer and hanging space!
- Sound machine (helps with urban noise)
Second bedroom (upstairs):
- Queen size bed
- Ceiling fan
- Private porch
- En suite bathroom
- Plenty of drawer and hanging space too!
- High speed WIFI
- Intelligent TV with Roku and digital aerial in the living room.
- Open kitchen & living room layout.
- Wood floors throughout the home.
- Kitchen equipped with range, dishwasher, refrigerator, microwave, garbage disposal, toaster & coffee maker.
- Full sized washing machine & dryer
- Don't wait in an office to check-in or get a key! Drive straight to your home and enter the front door with a lock code. Prior to your visit, we will send you our mobile app with directions and full instructions.
Ideal for those attending a Charleston Wedding, College of Charleston or Citadel orientation or graduation, or just a fun week in the # 1 city in the world!
With close proximity to upper King Street and the Crosstown (Septima P. Clark Parkway), the location of this home enables guests to walk to eateries, stores & other cultural delights and provides quick road access to Mt. Pleasant, West Ashley, all local beaches, Charleston County parks, historic plantation homes along the Ashley River and other local attractions. There are a lot of new local eateries -- as well as all the offerings of Upper King Street -- within a couple of mins. walk from the Sweet Cavernous Suite. With D'Allesandros Pizza (a local pizza institution), Brown's Court Bakery (extraordinary breads & pastries) and the Ordinary (high end oyster & seafood restaurant) a couple of blocks, guests have many unique local food options to discover. Walk to Barsa for some Tapas or visit the Daily for some coffee or locally made Kombucha!
This is the best neighborhood in Charleston if you are looking to be steps away from King Street and experience the area as a local in a transitional neighborhood among new residents of the city, students and longtime local families. The diversity and richness of history in the Cannonborough-Elliotborough neighborhood makes this part of town beautiful to locals and visitors alike. Sweet Roomy Suite is ideal for folks who appreciate a diverse, vibrant and eclectic neighborhood where you can watch the reinvestment & revitalization in old historic properties going on in real time. Parts of the neighborhood might still look a bit rough but it is safe. This neighborhood was newly profiled by the WALL ST JOURNAL in April 2017 as "THE PLACE TO STAY IN CHARLESTON" and it's also where Jamie Lee Curtis stayed - and walked her dog every morning - while shooting the 2018 remake of the Halloween movie!
We are close to the crosstown parkway which may impact light sleepers but our db readings show it isn't loud enough to be a disturbance. There is also construction in the street which is nearly complete but may result in additional noise during the day or other issues beyond our control.
- No smoking.
- Dogs may be allowed subject to additional rules & restrictions. (Please notify us in advance of your arrival if you would like your dog to accompany you during your stay.)
- Please include all guests (including kids/infants) in your booking. If you need to add guests after your booking, then please contact us as soon as possible.
- Although this home is very close to the sights & sounds of downtown Charleston, this property is located in a peaceful residential neighborhood. We expect guests to behave in a neighborly way. Parties are not allowed at anytime. Please no excessive noise and no unregistered guests during peaceful hours (10:00 pm to 8:00 am Sunday through Thursday nights and midnight to 10:00 am on Friday and Saturday nights).
- Please also note this is a duplex so you will occasionally hear and see the residents of the other half of the home. The yard is shared by both halves of the duplex.
DOGS CONSIDERED, DOG FEES MAY APPLY, PLEASE INQUIRE. Cats are NOT allowed.
* Top City in the World for 9 years in a row by Condé Nast Traveler magazine
* No. 1 U.S. city for the 7 years in a row, Travel + Leisure magazine’s “World’s Finest” awards.
* Picked as one of "the 10 most appealing cities for food around the world" by Food & Wine magazine
About Our Properties:
Guests staying at all Charleston Beaches managed properties receive the following:
* Welcome pack -- savor these treats on us!
* Amenity & Supplies pack, a starter set of soap, shampoo, conditioner, lotion and make up remover wipes. pack, containing paper towels, toilet paper, dish soap, scrubber and dishwashing liquid to get you going.
* All beds are ready made for you with freshly laundered sheets & towels!
Go ahead help yourself to a glass of something from the welcome pack ;)
About the Area
This vacation home is located in Downtown Charleston, a neighborhood in Charleston. American Theater and Music Farm are cultural highlights, and some of the area's activities can be experienced at Port of Charleston Cruise Terminal and Upper King Design District. Charleston Museum and South Carolina Aquarium are also worth visiting. Fishing offers a great chance to get out on the surrounding water, or you can seek out an adventure with hiking, horse riding, and cycling nearby.
Be prepared: check the latest COVID-19 travel requirements and measures in place for this destination before you travel.
- Pets allowed
Strategies to get the very best Charleston area rental home experience:
Get the most from your spending budget:
- Book your Charleston area rental home in the Fall or Spring shoulder seasons to get the benefit of gorgeous weather while saving money and avoiding crowded roads, restaurants, and activities.
- In the Charleston area area, The sooner you can book, the better your selection will be. The most desirable vacation homes are booked very early. Reserving your rental up to twelve months before your travel dates is recommended. Christmas, Thanksgiving and New Years Eve are excellent times to search for and book your vacation home.
- Active Duty and veterans of the US Armed forces may be qualified for special discounts. Be sure to ask your prospective vacation rental company or host whether your vacationing group qualifies for a reduced rate.
- Booking websites usually offer renters an option to obtain trip insurance. Trip insurance, which normally costs between 1% - 5% of the reservation price, offers visitors reimbursement of costs for missed trip time as a result of personal medical-related issues or weather, as well as hurricane evacuation costs or charges, such as an unexpected hotel or additional gas expenses. Trip insurance is definitely a life-saver if the unforeseen occurs. Ask the property owner for specifics.
- Often, property management companies and vacation rental houses supply Charleston area area travel guides that include coupons, either offered directly by local companies, or through a relationship with the rental management company and the business itself. You can also find Charleston area visitors guide magazine and coupon books at local shops and grocery stores.
Filter your rental search:
- Begin by choosing trip dates and a spending budget.
- Determine how many bedrooms and what type of bedroom configuration your family requires. Walk to Upper King St. Historic downtown Charleston retreat. Free Off-street parking for 2 cars! has 2 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms. If you need a larger or smaller rental, use our rental home search.
- Precise details about bedrooms and bed counts & types is commonly available online. Otherwise, email the host before you book the property. Remember that most properties list the max. guest capacity, which frequently includes sofa beds.
- If there's a specific Charleston area attraction you long to visit, search for rentals that are either near by, or those that cater especially to your needs.
- Proper accessibility amenities can make or ruin a vacation for guests with disabilities. Remember to confirm all necessary amenities are included before booking
- If your family is bringing pets, you'll need to book a pet-friendly property. Request information on breed, size, and type restrictions. Some property owners require additional pet deposits and fees.
- We recommend storing the host's information in your smartphone and wallet.
- Document any damages to the rental upon arrival, and immediately contact the property manager. We especially recommend texts and e-mails, as they usually contain time stamps that are very helpful if there is a dispute.
- Hosts are available to help! Feel free to ask questions before, during, or after your stay.
- Be a good neighbor! You wouldn't like unpleasant visitors bothering your peaceful home life. Employ the golden rule for common sense. Happy residents may even recommend great restaurants and attractions you would've not otherwise known about!
- Speaking of neighbors... Ask a local resident! Residents can often help you find the best spots in town. Who better to ask where to launch your kayaks, have a great night on the town, or the best spots for fine dining?
- Keep the property locked while you are away! Don't let burglars ruin your trip.
- Double-check every room of the rental property to make sure that you've packed all personal items on check-out day. Re-check bathrooms, dressers, and closets for hidden belongings. Clean the refrigerator and take or dispose of leftovers.
- Document the condition of the property at check-out. We recommend taking a video during your final walk-through.
- After your trip, leave feedback! Hosts rely on great reviews to stimulate more reservations. They'll be grateful for your review. Alternatively, if something wasn't as described, other families will will be grateful for your experience find their best vacation home. Be fair with your review. If something fell short of expectations, consider whether the host had any control over the issue, and if so, whether they responded expeditiously to remedy it.
- William Aiken House - 0.5 miles
- Charleston Museum - 0.6 miles
- Joseph Manigault House - 0.7 miles
- Johnson Hagood Stadium - 0.7 miles
- Marion Square - 0.8 miles
- Hampton Park - 0.8 miles
- The Citadel - 0.9 miles
- Fort Sumter - 1.1 miles