- As low as $228/Night
- 3 Bedrooms
- 2 Bathrooms
- Sleeps 6
- 2 bathrooms
- 3 bedrooms
- Air conditioning
- Bed sheets provided
- Carbon monoxide detector
- Coffee/tea maker
- Dining table
- Fire extinguisher
- Hair dryer
- Housekeeping (on request)
- In the city center
- Internet access
- Iron/ironing board
- Living room
- Marina nearby
- No pets allowed
- Onsite parking
- Shower/tub combination
- Smoke detector
- Smoke-free property
- Towels provided
- Washing machine and dryer
About this Property
- Sleeps 6
- 3 Bedrooms
- 2 Bathrooms
- Private vacation home
Located on a corner lot in the heart of Wagener Terrace, this striking 3 Bedroom/2 Bath home, NEWLY RENOVATED in JULY 2023, offers bright, modern interiors and a great location just blocks from the Ashley River, Hampton Park, and fashionable local eateries. The Loft at Hampton Grove is the upstairs unit of a home that has been thoughtfully reimagined to accommodate 2 separate, cavernous units with a shared entry for entry. With living room, eat-in kitchen, bedrooms plus the sunroom and outdoor piazza all located on the second floor, and a roomy loft designed for both fun and calming on the third floor. The spacious gourmet kitchen features quartz countertops, Italian appliances including Bertazzoni gas range, covered hood vent, and dual-door refrigerator with pull out freezer drawer, gas range, generous countertop space and upsized island that seats four, plus a dining table that seats four. Wood floors, beautiful finishes and great natural light are some additional highlighted features of the kitchen. The living room offers comfortable seating and flat screen TV for streaming your favorite shows. From here you can access a simply appealing sunroom, lined with walls of windows and a chic chaise that is the ideal spot to curl up with a book. The sunny primary bedroom is appointed with a CALIFORNIA KING bed, along with an en suite bathroom with a walk-in shower and chic, refreshed finishes. Two additional bedrooms share a impressive hall bath with combined tub/shower. One bedroom is furnished with a KING bed and the other, is furnished with a QUEEN bed.
In the upstairs loft area, considered the second floor of this 2-level rental, the space was thoughtfully designed to offer an area for comfortable relaxing, a workout area with mats and blocks supplied, plus a desk area for working remotely and a foosball table for some competitive fun!
The Loft at Hampton Grove is 3 blocks from the handsome 60-acre Hampton Park – the biggest park on the downtown Peninsula – which includes a man-made lake, fountains, gazebos, a 1-mile walking loop, and many old oak and magnolia trees. This amazing Wagener Terrace location means you are less than 15 min. walk to the following eateries and attractions: Herd Provisions, Park & Grove cafe, Rodney Scott BBQ, Moe's Crosstown Tavern, Huriyali Gardens, Harbinger Cafe, Renzo Pizza, Berkeley's, Harold's Cabin, Redux Art Center, and the Citadel and Citadel Museum which also includes a Chick-fil-a and Starbucks accessible to the public.
Additionally, from this exceptional location you are just a 15 min. bicycle ride or 8 min. car ride to historic downtown Charleston, 3 blocks to the Ashley River – walk west in the evening for vistas of the river at sunset, and just 4 blocks from gorgeous Lowndes Grove plantation.
2200 sqft of space including a 500sqft flex space that can be used as a game room, office, workout studio, or kids play space
335 sqft porch with dining and lounge area with adjustable privacy sunscreens
Red oak wood floors throughout
Kitchen features white oak bespoke drawers and cabinetry with Sumati quartzite countertops and island
Ceilings are over 8ft tall with plaster walls and original Charleston “picture molding”
All bedrooms are equipped with cord-complimentary pull-down blackout Roman shades
Primary bedroom features standing closet with pull out drawers and shelving
Primary shower en suite features Quartzite granite, a Zellige Moroccan tile step-in shower with brass Waterworks fixtures including a additional handshower
Each of our luxury vacation units is accessed by a keyless door code for ease of entry, and accepts for a zero-interaction check-in/check-out process. A door code specific to each guests' stay will be included by your Concierge on the date of your check-in. If you have any questions about directions or access to the property, your concierge will be ready and waiting to assist you by phone. In addition, for properties with gate or garage access, you will be given this access code on the day of your arrival as well.
Upon arrival, after the established 4PM check-in time, you may enter and exit the rental at your leisure with these codes. Additionally, requests can be made for your Concierge to meet you at the property upon check-in. We are here to make the check-in process a seamless one!
Our concierge team is committed to delivering exceptional service, impeccable cleanliness and all the amenities of your everyday home. With each stay you'll savor high thread count linens, spa quality towels, hair dryer, ironing board, washer and dryer, standard coffee maker, kitchen cookware and silverware, shower toiletries and soaps, additional linens and towels, air conditioning, cable and wireless internet, and more. With our concierge services you can choose to have our team handle all the details of your trip. From stocking your refrigerator to reserving beach equipment, there isn't much our Concierge team can't help you with during your stay. And should you need any recommendations, it would be our enjoyment to provide suggestions for eateries, make reservations, organize activities, and answer any questions.
We offer the option to purchase trip insurance through CSA Travel Insurance. We highly recommend adding trip insurance to your reservation, especially if you are traveling during hurricane season (June-November).
At the time of booking, we require a payment of 50% of your total rental amount. The remainder of your balance will be due 30 days prior to your check in date and will be automatically charged to the card we have on file. If you are booking within 30 days of your expected arrival date, the full payment is due at the time of booking.
Minimum rental age is 25.
Optional & Additional Fees
$50/hour Early Check In Fee, $25/hour late check out fee.
About the Area
Located in Charleston, this vacation home is in the city center. Charleston Music Hall and Aiken-Rhett House Museum are local landmarks, and travelers looking to shop may want to visit Upper King Design District and Shops at Charleston Place. Looking to enjoy an event or a game while in town? See what's happening at Joseph P. Riley, Jr. Park or Charleston Gaillard Center.
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy
Pets not allowed
How to get the best Charleston area vacation home experience:
When to reserve a Charleston area rental home & When to go:
- Book your vacation home as early as possible. Rental schedules often open twelve months in advance (or in September just after Summertime ends). Many families reserve their Summer rental homes during Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Years Eve get-togethers. Book before these holidays for best selection.
- Summer is the most expensive season along the coast of SC. Booking your vacation rental in Fall or Spring months is a great way to save money on your vacation rental. Rates are lower, and you'll find a better selection of desirable properties.
- Some property managers offer promotional rates for veterans. Remember to ask your property manager if rate reductions are available for your family.
- Property managers typically offer their guests an option to buy vacation insurance protection. Trip insurance, which normally costs between 1% - 5% of the base stay price, offers visitors reimbursement of their vacation costs for any missed days as a result of personal medical-related catastrophes or weather disasters, as well as hurricane evacuation costs, such as an unexpected hotel or additional gas expenses. Trip insurance can be a a welcome relief if the unforeseen occurs. Ask your property manager for additional information.
- Often, rental management companies supply Charleston area area visitor guide magazines which will include coupons, either offered independently by local companies, or by way of a relationship with the management company and the business itself. You can also find Charleston area visitors guide magazine and coupon books at local gas stations and shopping centers.
Planning, selecting, and booking the right Charleston area rental home:
- Select a group lead, choose your vacation dates, and select a budget.
- Decide how many bedrooms and what type of bedroom configuration your group needs. Newly Renovated, Charming Home, Walk to Hampton Park has 3 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms. If you need a larger or smaller rental, use our Charleston area vacation rental search.
- Specific information regarding bedrooms and bed counts is usually available online. If you don't see them listed, email the property owner before you book your rental. Remember that most property listings specify the max. guest capacity, which often includes sofa beds and bunks.
- Some properties allow pets, and others don't. Allowable types of pet, size and breeds may be restricted, and added charges may apply. Ask the host about allowable pet guidelines before booking.
- If there's a certain Charleston area destination you are enamored with, look for homes that are either close by, or those that cater to your requirements.
- Suitable accessibility amenities can make or ruin a vacation for persons with a disability. Confirm all required amenities are available before booking.
More tips for your visit:
- Review arrival and departure procedures before leaving home. Save the instructions to your phone, and take a printed backup.
- Property managers are great sources of help! Feel free to ask any questions before, during, or after your stay.
- Lock your rental while you are out. Protect your property!
- Upon arrival, record any damages to the rental property and immediately alert the property manager. Keep records of all coorespondence.
- Be respectful. Often, adjacent homes are filled by permanent residents. Respecting late-night noise limits and parking rules reduces conflict and allows everyone to enjoy their day.
- Don't forget to... Ask a local resident! Local residents can often point you in the right direction. Who better to ask where to get the best breakfast in town, have a great night out, or the best spots for crabbing?
- Don't leave anything behind! Just before you drive away, take a walk through the rental property to confirm you've collected all of your things. Make sure to check bathrooms, dressers, and closets for hidden items. Clean out the refrigerator and take or dispose of leftovers.
- Document the condition of the property at check-out. We recommend taking a video during your final walk-through.
- Did your group have a terrific stay? Most rental home management companies make it easy for customers to provide comments. If your rental and/or property manager was wonderful, they always love to hear your praise. If anything was wrong and they failed to address it in a reasonable manner, or if the vacation rental wasn't as described, you'll want to make it a point as part of your review.
- The Citadel - 0.3 miles
- Hampton Park - 0.4 miles
- Johnson Hagood Stadium - 0.6 miles
- William Aiken House - 1.6 miles
- City Marina - 1.6 miles
- Brittlebank Park - 1.7 miles
- Charleston Museum - 1.7 miles
- Joseph Manigault House - 1.8 miles