About this Property
- Sleeps 12
- 5 Bedrooms
- 5 Bathrooms
- Private vacation home
- Non-smoking property
- Pets welcome (restrictions apply)
- No children allowed
Welcome to Jessamine! Bright, airy, and downright fun, this idyllic beach home is ideal for every occasion. Between trips to the the beach–just mins. away– your group can gather around the billiards table for some friendly competition or lay low in the TV room equipped with board games and plush seating. A full kitchen and impressive dining table are the ideal place to savor meals, as is the swoon-worthy patio, which features a modern grille, al fresco dining area, corn hole, and lounge seating. There's no place better to appreciate warm weather with great company than at this one of a kind home that has it all!
Nearby Attractions: Isle of Palms Beach, Barrier Island Ecotours, Deep Water Vineyard, Acme Lowcountry Kitchen, Charleston Fun Park, Mount Pleasant Town Centre, Tidalwave Watersports, Fly In Helicopter Tours, Cafe Paname.Calling all history buffs, beach lovers, and fans of Southern cuisine!
Charleston should be on everybody's bucket list for its rich history, shining beaches, and the best grits you'll ever have. Whether it's walking down Rainbow Row, an iconic street lined with colorfully painted homes, or escaping to one of the five beach towns that comprise Charleston's 60-mile stretch of white sand, this is an ideal destination to discover a cultural city, while being in close proximity to multiple striking beaches.
Feel Charleston, AvantStay style.
All AvantStay guests have access to our 24/7 guest experience line, a dedicated hospitality manager, and hotel-grade amenities.
- Unfortunately, family pets are not allowed at this home.
- Please note that the garden maintenance takes place every Friday.
- The fireplace is not operational.
Space for 10 cars to park on site.
This home comes with a pack n' play travel crib and a high chair available.
The room configuration is as follows:
Primary Bedroom / King bed w/ Ensuite
Bedroom 2 / King bed
Bedroom 3 / King bed
Bedroom 4 / King bed w/ ensuite
Bedroom 5 / King bed w/ ensuite
This is a smoke-complimentary property. Violation of the no-smoking policy will result in forfeiture of the security deposit, a $300 smoking fee, and liability for any fire or property damage costs.
As part of our commitment to being good neighbors, occupancy limits and peaceful hours (9pm-8am) are stringently enforced. No speakers or sound systems will be included for use in our properties. Violation of any noise ordinances will be subject to fines that can reach up to $10,000 per violation.
Events or events are not allowed without prior written approval and an additional fee. Any unauthorized events or events will be shut down and a fine will be assessed. Please inquire for more information about our event policies and costs.
There is nothing more important to us at AvantStay than the health, safety, and experience of our guests & staff. We've enhanced our cleaning and sanitation protocols and are taking additional care to disinfect all surfaces between reservations with hospital-grade disinfecting solutions.
As a reminder, we do work with 3rd event vendors to maintain the property, and although we adhere to the strictest CDC guidelines and advise all contractors to wear PPE equipment, we can not always enforce. We strongly advise guests to please deny access if any vendors fail to meet and adhere to these standards.
IDs will be requested for verification after booking. All bookings over 30 days require a security deposit.
We report and prosecute all Credit Card Fraud.
About the Area
This vacation home is located in Isle of Palms. Port of Charleston Cruise Terminal and Isle of Palms Marina are worth checking out if an activity is on the agenda, while those in the mood for shopping can visit Mount Pleasant Towne Centre and Upper King Design District. Mount Pleasant Memorial Waterfront Park and Patriots Point are also worth visiting.
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy
- Pets not allowed
How to book the best rental home experience:
Money saving strategies:
- Summertime is the most expensive season in the Charleston area area. Booking your vacation home in Fall or Spring is a great way to save money on your rental home. Rates are lower, and you'll find a larger selection of suitable homes. Many vacationers use this strategy to reserve larger homes, or to book a beach front rental that would otherwise be unavailable or unaffordable during the Summer months. Speaking of the off-season, don't overlook Winter holidays for a Charleston area vacation! Who wouldn't love a holiday vacation near the ocean? Christmas, Thanksgiving, and New Years Eve are great times to gather with loved ones at the beach.
- Book your rental as soon as possible. Rental schedules usually open a year in advance (or in September just after Summertime ends). Many groups reserve their Summer vacation rentals during Winter holiday gatherings. Reserve before these holidays for best selection.
- Owners sometimes offer special rates for veterans and active duty military. Check with your property manager to see if special discounts are available for your family.
- Management companies and individual rental owners usually offer guests an option to obtain vacation insurance. Trip insurance, which costs 1% - 5% of the stay price, offers visitors reimbursement of their vacation costs for missed days as a result of personal medical-related issues or weather, as well as ensuing additional evacuation costs, such as an unexpected hotel stay or additional gas expenses. Trip insurance is definitely a life-saver if the unforeseen occurs. Ask your host for additional information.
- Look for your local Charleston area visitors guide when you arrive at the rental property. If your rental property doesn't have one, you can find them at local grocery stores and visitor centers. In addition to great local information, travel guides contain discounts for nearby accommodations and attractions.
How to choose and book the bestrental home:
- Start by having your group agree to vacation dates and a budget.
- Decide how many beds and the bed configuration your group needs. Jessamine by AvantStay
- Specific descriptions of bedrooms and bed types is almost always accessible online. Otherwise, email or call the host before booking your home. Remember that most properties list maximum guest capacity, which often includes sofa beds in living rooms.
- If there's a particular Charleston area attraction you crave, look for properties that are either nearby, or those that cater to your needs.
- Suitable accessibility amenities can make or ruin a vacation for guests with disabilities. Confirm all required amenities are available before booking
- Some properties allow pets, but some do not. Allowable types of family pet, size and breeds may be restricted, and additional fees may apply. Ask the owner about pets before booking.
More considerations for your visit:
- Be sure you get the property manager's phone number and check in/check out procedures for your . We recommend storing the manager's contact information in your smartphone and wallet.
- Upon arrival, document any damages to the rental property and immediately contact the property manager. Keep records of all correspondence in case a dispute arises.
- Ask questions. You may need instructions for a hot tub, intercom or washer/dryer. Contact your host. They are there to help! A brief phone call can prevent a lot of concerns.
- Respecting late-night quiet hours and parking policies can make a stay significantly more pleasurable. Be a good neighbor. You'll magnify your chance to make some new local friends, and resident neighbors are often a terrific source for finding the best local beaches.
- Speaking of neighbors... Ask a local resident! Locals can frequently point you in the right direction. Who better to ask where to charter a fishing boat, have a great night out, or the best spots for bird watching?
- Keep the property locked while you are away! Don't let thieves ruin your family vacation.
- On check-out day, take a final walk-through to make sure you did not leave anything behind. Make sure to check bathrooms, garages, and back yards for hidden items. Remove everything from the refrigerator and take any leftovers home.
- Record a video to document the condition of the property.
- After your trip, leave feedback! Hosts rely on excellent ratings to compel new reservations. They'll be thankful for your review. Alternatively, if something wasn't right, other vacationing families will appreciate that you share your experience and help them have the best future vacation. Remember to be objective. If something fell short of expectations, consider whether the manager had any control over the issue, and if so, whether they responded quickly to fix it.