- As low as $178/Night
- 2 Bedrooms
- 1 Bathrooms
- Sleeps 4
- 1 bathroom
- 2 bedrooms
- 2 total pets
- Air conditioning
- Barbecue grill
- Beach sun loungers
- Beach towels
- Bed sheets provided
- Birdwatching nearby
- Carbon monoxide detector
- Coffee/tea maker
- Deadbolt lock
- Desk chair
- Dining table
- Ecotours nearby
- Electric car charging station on site
- Fenced yard
- Fire extinguisher
- Fishing nearby
- Fitness facilities nearby
- Free WiFi
- Golf privileges
- Hair dryer
- In the city center
- Iron/ironing board
- Kayaking nearby
- Living room
- Marina nearby
- Near a health or beauty spa
- Near a hospital
- Near a zoo
- Near laundromat
- Near outlet shopping
- Near the beach
- Near the sea
- Note from host: $250 + loss of occupancy will be charged
- Onsite parking
- Outdoor furniture
- Paper towels
- Pet friendly
- Power boating nearby
- Smart TV
- Smoke detector
- Smoke-free property
- Surfing/body boarding nearby
- Theme parks nearby
- Toilet paper
- Towels provided
- Travel crib
- Washing machine and dryer
- Water park
- Water tubing nearby
- Welcoming dogs only
About this Property
- Sleeps 4
- 2 Bedrooms
- 1 Bathrooms
- Private vacation home
The Charles Suite:
>> Prime Location: Ideal escape from busy streets
>> Quick walk to beverages, dinner, and shopping
>> 15 min drive to soak up the sun at 1 of 3 beaches
>> Professionally Turfed Backyard w/ Pergola + Grille
>> Beds for 4 Guests
>> Private Parking
>> Family Friendly - Pack+Play, Bamboo Dishes, and Highchair
>> Beach Accessories/Towels
>> Dog Friendly!
Welcome to The Charles Suite!
As you approach the building, you'll be captivated by its unique color scheme, featuring a vibrant green exterior and a coastal blue front door.
Step inside and discover your private first-floor unit. In the living room, vibrant pinks and blues create a lively and inviting ambiance. Woven window treatments offer both privacy and natural light, making it the ideal space for relaxation or entertainment.
While Charleston is known for its award winning dining, sometimes you just want to eat at home. Step into the inviting eat-in kitchen, where modern convenience meets classy elegance. The space exudes modern appeal, accentuated by the sleek grey cabinets and white herringbone backsplash. Equipped with stainless-steel cooking appliances and everything you need to whip up a meal, this kitchen is ideal for appreciating a meal with adored ones.
The Charles Suite features two handsome bedrooms, each with handsome Serena and Lilly wallpaper. Bedroom 1 offers a king-size bed, closet, dresser, a desk for those who need to work during their stay, and nightstands with reading lamps for your comfort. Bedroom 2 features a queen size bed with a TempurPedic bed, dresser, closet, and sconces for reading.
The unit provides a single bathroom with a enchanting stand-up rain shower.
Outside, the shared backyard is a calming getaway, ideal for calming and enjoying Charleston's coastal climate. The yard offers a enormous bespoke pergola with constructed-in bench seating, a swing, and poufs, as well as additional Adirondack chairs for relaxing and a huge JENGA set for entertainment. Fire up the grille and savor some outdoor cooking.
Additional amenities at The Charles Suite include high-speed Wi-Fi, air conditioning, heating, kids's toys/books, and complimentary parking for one car. Families will appreciate the availability of a pack + play and a highchair. Beach towels are also supplied.
The Charles Suite offers a harmonious blend of serenity and accessibility. Within walking distance, you'll find drink bars, dining establishments, and boutique stores, accepting you to immerse yourself entirely in Charleston's vibrant local scene and cultural treasures. When you're ready for the beach life, three impressive beaches are just a short 15-min. drive away. Whether you seek adventure or relaxation, The Charles Suite provides everything you need for an memorable hideaway experience.
City of Charleston Certificate of Operation: OP2023-04269
You will have exclusive access to the entire first floor unit, providing you with a private and dedicated space during your stay. Additionally, please note that the backyard is a shared space for all guests to enjoy.
NEED MORE SPACE?
We currently have 6 total units. There are 2 duplexes that are side-by-side. The green duplex has The Emerson Suite (top floor-3bd/1ba w/balcony) and The Charles Suite (first floor-2bd/1ba) and next door, the white duplex has The Harper Suite (top floor-3bd/1ba w/sizable balcony) and The Victoria Suite (first floor-3bd/2ba w/huge porch). These two properties share a large professionally turfed backyard. Additionally, a half block down the street, we have another duplex with the Poppy Suite (top floor of grey duplex-3bd/1ba w/two balconies) and the Isla Suite (first floor-4bd/2ba w/porch), both of which share a professionally turfed courtyard. Be sure to check out the individual listings for a full list of amenities.
Please note that this listing is located on the top floor of a attractively restored historic duplex. Although broad renovations have been carried out, it is possible to hear occasional noise from the unit below. To ensure a relaxing and comfortable environment, sound machines have been thoughtfully included in each bedroom. We kindly request that all guests show consideration towards one another by honoring our community's designated "peaceful hours" between 10pm and 7am. By being mindful of noise levels during these times, we can maintain a harmonious ambiance and ensure a restful stay for everybody.
Access to the property is restricted to only those individuals supplied in the reservation, unless prior arrangements have been made and agreed upon.
For the comfort and well-being of all guests, our property maintains a strict no-smoking policy. Smoking is prohibited on-site, and any violation of this policy will result in a charge of $250. We appreciate your cooperation in maintaining a smoke-complimentary environment.
You will have one parking space in our private lot. Should your group want additional parking, please contact us to discuss options! We also have one Tesla charger which would need reserved ahead of time.
PRE-APPROVED DOGS WELCOME
We wholeheartedly embrace our furry friends! We gladly welcome pups to join you during your stay, with an additional fee of $80 per dog, and a max. of two dogs per reservation. Because you will be staying in a freshly remodeled unit within a property that may have other guests, we kindly request that all dogs are well-behaved, trained, and considerate towards fellow humans. To maintain cleanliness and hygiene, we kindly ask that family pets refrain from accessing the bed, uncovered furnishings, and encourage the use of a crate when you are not present, if you believe it is necessary. By bringing your pet, you acknowledge and accept full responsibility and liability for their actions and any potential damages.
For the comfort and enjoyment of all guests, we kindly request that dogs are not allowed in the backyard. The yard has been professionally turfed to provide a pristine and pleasant outdoor space. Dog urine can create an unpleasant odor and potentially damage the turf. We appreciate your understanding and cooperation in keeping the backyard clean and odor-complimentary for everybody's enjoyment.
To ensure the safety and security of our property, we have installed exterior cameras. We want to reassure our guests that the footage captured by Ring cameras is stringently confidential and does not violate their privacy expectations. It is important to note that tampering with or obstructing the cameras is stringently prohibited. Any guest found attempting to disable or obscure the cameras may face immediate eviction without a refund. Our intention is solely to maintain a secure environment for everybody's tranquility of mind.
We have a strict cancellation policy in place. Refunds will only be issued if mandatory evacuations are ordered by The National Weather Service or local government authorities. Please keep in mind that refunds will not be supplied if inclement weather in other states prevents guests from reaching Charleston. We highly recommend travelers to consider obtaining travel insurance, especially during months when weather conditions may impact their stay. Furthermore, in the unlikely event of power outages, internet disruptions, or any other situations beyond our control caused by local storms, we will make every effort to resolve the issues promptly. However, we regret that we cannot offer refunds for any inconveniences caused by such circumstances.
About the Area
This vacation home is located in Downtown Charleston, a neighborhood in Charleston, and is near theme parks and near the beach. American Theater and Music Farm are cultural highlights, and some of the area's attractions include Charleston Museum and South Carolina Aquarium. Traveling with kids? Consider Mount Pleasant Memorial Waterfront Park, or check out an event or a game at Joseph P. Riley, Jr. Park. Be sure to check out the area's animals with activities such as game walks and birdwatching.
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy
- Pets allowed
- Dogs only
- 2 total pets
- Restrictions apply
- For more information contact the property at the number on the booking confirmation
- Service animals are welcome, and are exempt from fees
Tips for getting the perfect rental home experience:
When to go & When to reserve a Charleston rental home:
- Booking your vacation rental in the Spring or Fall is an excellent way to save on your vacation rental. Rates are lower, and you'll find a better selection of suitable properties. Speaking of the off-season, don't overlook Winter holidays for a Charleston area vacation! Who wouldn't love a holiday vacation on the coast? Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Years are great times to gather with family and friends at the beach.
- The sooner your group can book a vacation home, the easier your search will be. The most desirable rental homes are booked very early. Booking your rental six to twelve months before your vacation is recommended. Winter holidays are excellent times to plan and reserve your rental property.
- Veterans and Active Duty Military members may be qualified for special discounts. Be sure to ask your prospective property management company or host whether your vacationing group qualifies for a price reduction or discount.
- Property management companies often offer guests an option to add trip insurance. Trip insurance, which costs anywhere between 1% - 5% of the base stay price, offers visitors reimbursement of costs for missed vacation time as a result of personal medical-related catastrophes or weather disasters, as well as evacuation charges, such as an unanticipated hotel or additional gasoline expenses. Trip insurance might be a a life-saver if the unforeseen occurs. Ask the property owner for details.
- Often, rental management companies and vacation rental houses supply Charleston area area travel guide magazines that include coupons, either offered directly by local companies, or by way of a relationship between the management company and the business itself. You can also find Charleston area visitors guide magazine and coupon books at local gas stations and shopping centers.
How to choose and book the best Charleston area rental:
- First, have your group choose vacation dates and a max budget.
- Note the number bedrooms and the bed configuration your group needs. ?Glamorously renovated downtown home ? Parking + Yard has 2 bedrooms and 1 bathrooms. If you need a larger or smaller rental, use our vacation rental search.
- Specific details about bedrooms and bed counts & types is almost always available on booking websites. Otherwise, reach out to the property owner before booking the home. Remember that most listings specify maximum guest capacity, which usually includes pull-out couches and bunk beds.
- Visiting for a single attraction or event? Use a map search to locate nearby rentals.
- Proper accessibility amenities can make or ruin a vacation for those with limited mobility. Remember to confirm all required amenities are available and included before booking
- If your group is traveling with pets, you'll need to search for a pet-friendly vacation rental. Get information on breed, size, and type requirements. Be aware that some property managers charge pet deposits and fees.
Considerations for your stay:
- Add the property manager's contact info to your smartphone. Take a copy of check in/check out procedures.
- Record any damages to the rental upon arrival, and immediately e-mail them to the host. We specifically recommend e-mails and text messages, as they usually contain built-in time stamps that can be helpful if damages are assessed.
- Ask questions. You may want instructions for a garage door opener, intercom or coffee maker. Contact your host. They are there to help! A brief text message prevents lots of difficulties.
- Be respectful. Frequently, nearby homes are filled by local residents. Respecting late-night noise limits and parking policies reduces conflict and allows everyone to enjoy their day.
- Speaking of neighbors... Ask a local resident! Neighbors can usually point you in the right direction. Who better to ask where to find the fresh catch of the day, have a great night out, or the best spots for crabbing?
- Keep your rental home locked while you are out! Don't let burglars spoil your holiday.
- Double-check the vacation property to make sure that you've packed all belongings at departure. Remember to check closets, dressers, garages, and bathrooms for hidden belongings. Clean out the refrigerator and take any leftovers home.
- Go through the rental one final time and look for any damage. We suggest walking through with the host whenever you can (often this isn't possible). If the host isn't available, ensure that you take video of the rental to record its condition.
- Leave a review! Property owners rely on good feedback to stimulate future reservations. They'll be thankful for your review. Alternatively, if something went wrong, other vacationing families will appreciate that you share your experience find their best rental home. Remember to be objective. If something fell short of expectations, consider whether the property manager could control the issue, and if so, whether they responded reasonably to remedy it.
- Johnson Hagood Stadium - 0.4 miles
- City Marina - 0.7 miles
- Brittlebank Park - 0.7 miles
- The Citadel - 0.7 miles
- Hampton Park - 0.8 miles
- William Aiken House - 0.8 miles
- Charleston Museum - 0.9 miles
- Marion Square - 1.0 miles