- As low as $380/Night
- 3 Bedrooms
- 3 Bathrooms
- Sleeps 8
- 3 bathrooms
- 3 bedrooms
- Air conditioning
- Coffee/tea maker
- Fire extinguisher
- Golfing on site
- Hair dryer
- Iron/ironing board
- Near the ocean
- No pets allowed
- On the beach
- Onsite parking
- Power boating nearby
- Shared/communal pool
- Shower/tub combination
- Smoke detector
- Smoke-free property
- Sofa bed
- Unit size: 1384 sq ft (129 sq m)
- Washing machine and dryer
- WiFi available
About this Property
- Sleeps 8
- 3 Bedrooms
- 3 Bathrooms
- Approximately 1384 square feet
This very bright 3 bedroom, 3 bath condo is in Mariner’s Walk complex within the Wild Dunes resort. This unit overlooks the pool and has ocean vistas from both the sundeck off the living room and also the upstairs master bedroom. All three bedrooms feature en-suite bathrooms. There is a pull out couch bed in the living room. The Mariners Walk pool has ample space where you can spread out and relax when not feeling the sand in between your toes!
*Please note there are about 15 steps prior to entering the unit
* There is one dedicated covered parking spot in front of the unit. Other spots are first come first serve inside the complex.
Property offers a newly laundered duvet covers for every guest.
o Living Room, Kitchen, Sundeck, Dining area
o Bedroom #1: King Bed
o Full Bathroom
Second Floor - Upstairs:
o Bedroom #2: King Bed with En-suite Bath
o Bedroom #3: Two Twin Beds
o Full Bath next to Bedroom #3
o Washer and Dryer
Bath Linens and bath towels are included, as well as a starter kit for the first day which includes toiletries (shampoo, body wash and soap), dish soap, dishwasher tabs, a sponge, toilet paper and 1 roll of paper towels.
Beach chairs, beach umbrellas and beach towels are available for rent, please contact Chunky’s Chairs and Umbrellas at: 843-864-5472
Beach towel units: Text Debbie - (703) 407-4147. Text: Name, arrival date, departure date, how many towels and rental address. $1.50 a towel per day, minimum order is $25
The reservation/administration fee is nonrefundable. We do not give refunds for weather related trip interruptions this includes hurricanes please ask about insurance to cover such events. (MUST BE AT LEAST 26 YEARS OF AGE TO RENT NO EXCEPTIONS).
About the Area
Located in Isle of Palms, this condo is on the beach. Patriots Point and USS Yorktown are cultural highlights, and some of the area's attractions include Blackbeard's Cove Family Fun Park and Mount Pleasant Memorial Waterfront Park. Looking to enjoy an event or a game while in town? See what's happening at Credit One Stadium or Blackbaud Stadium. Take an opportunity to explore the area for water adventures such as motor boating.
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy
- Pets not allowed
How to book the best Charleston area vacation rental experience:
How to get the best rental value:
- The earlier your group can book, the easier your search will be. The most desirable rental properties are reserved very early. Reserving your vacation rental six to twelve months before your travel dates is recommended. Holiday gatherings are excellent times to search for and book your rental home.
- Book your vacation home in the Fall or Spring shoulder seasons to enjoy gorgeous weather while saving money and avoiding crowded roads, restaurants, and activities. Many vacationers use this method to find larger homes within budget, or to reserve a beach front vacation rental that would otherwise be unavailable during the high season. Speaking of the off-season, don't overlook Winter holidays for a Charleston area vacation! Who wouldn't love a holiday vacation near the ocean? Christmas, Thanksgiving, and New Years Eve are great times to gather with family and friends at the beach.
- Some property managers offer rate reductions for active duty military and veterans. Make sure to check with your property manager to see if rate reductions are available for your group.
- Property management companies usually offer customers an option to purchase trip insurance protection. Trip insurance, which normally will cost you 1% - 5% of the booking price, offers visitors reimbursement of costs for any missed vacation time as a result of medical-related emergencies or weather disasters, as well as evacuation charges, such as an unexpected hotel or additional fuel expenses. Trip insurance is definitely a welcome relief if the unforeseen happens. Ask the property owner for program terms and fees.
- Many management companies and vacation rental houses supply Charleston area area travel guide magazines which often include coupons, either offered directly by local businesses, or through a partnership between the management company and the business itself. You can also find Charleston area visitors guide and coupon books at local shops and grocery stores.
Planning, selecting, and booking the perfectvacation home:
- Select your vacation week and budget.
- Note the number beds and what type of bedroom configuration your group requires. 8D Mariners Walk - Ocean Views - Wild Dunes has 3 bedrooms and 3 bathrooms. If you need a larger or smaller rental, use our Charleston area vacation rental search.
- Precise information about bedrooms and bed sizes & counts is often available on booking pages. If you don't see them listed, call the host before booking the vacation home. Remember that most properties list the max. guest capacity, which oftentimes includes pull out couches in living rooms.
- Are you bringing the family pet? Although a number of vacation homes allow pets or animals, guidelines and costs vary per property. Type of pet, size and breeds may be limited. Ask your property manager before booking, and study your agreement thoroughly! Additional pet fees or costs may be applied to your contract.
- Visiting for a single attraction or event? Use a map search to browse nearby rentals.
- Suitable accessibility can make or break a vacation for persons with disabilities. .
Know before you go:
- Get the property manager's contact number and arrival/departure procedures for your .
- Property managers are available to help! Don't be shy to ask questions during your stay.
- Ensure you protect the rental owner (and your things!) by locking the property while you are gone, just like you would at home.
- At Check-in, make note of any damages to the rental property and immediately alert the owner. Keep records of all correspondence just in case a dispute arises.
- Respect the neighborhood. Often times, nearby homes are occupied by permanent residents. Respecting quiet hours and parking rules reduces conflict and allows everyone to enjoy their day.
- Don't forget to... Ask a local! Locals can often help you find exactly what you're looking for. Who better to ask where to enjoy a steak with a view, have a great night on the town, or the best spots for BBQ?
- Don't leave anything behind! Just before you drive away, walk through the rental to make sure you've collected all personal belongings. Remember to check closets, dressers, garages, and bathrooms for hidden belongings. Remove everything from the refrigerator and take any leftovers home.
- Record a video to document the condition of the property.
- Did your group have a terrific time? Many rental management companies make it easy for customers to provide comments. If your rental property and/or host was great, they would love to hear about it. If anything was defective and they failed to fix it within reason, or if the vacation rental wasn't as described, you'll want to make it a point as part of your review.