- As low as $220/Night
- 1 Bedrooms
- 1 Bathrooms
- Sleeps 2
- Available in all rooms: WiFi
- Available in some public areas: Internet access
- Breakfast available for a fee
- Smoke-free property
About this Property
- Sleeps 2
- 1 Bedrooms
- 1 Bathrooms
- Bed & breakfast
- Approximately 350 square feet
Are you looking for a unique place to stay in Historic Charleston? That’s exactly what this suite offers to guests! This remarkably unique King Suite features a king bed with a speakeasy-style lounge and living room below. The historic cistern was discovered during renovations and creatively converted into additional guest living space.
The Speakeasy Suite has been preserved with traditional craftsmanship, high ceilings, and original
wood floors and millwork.
☀️ 1 Main Bedroom with King bed
☀️ Speakeasy Style Parlor- Accessed by Spiral Staircase
☀️ 1 private bathroom with modern walk-in shower with rainshower features
☀️ Shared living space with vintage-inspired furnishings
☀️ Modest kitchen appliances with coffee and tea
☀️ Grab-n-go breakfast served daily in the common lounge area
☀️ Located in the heart of downtown
☀️ Access to a shared patio
☀️ WiFi and cable TV
Here Are A Few Kind Words From Our Past Guests:
"Great communication and very friendly! Made our stay very smooth." - Laurel
"Great value for the room and location. The hosts are very responsive, and the check-in process is very painless. Would stay here again!" - Drew
"Great location, great ambiance. Thanks, Josh!" - Josh
⭐️⭐️ BEDROOM ⭐️⭐️
This unique suite is one of three in The Ashley in downtown Charleston. A single suite is complete with a high-end King-size bed, a dresser, vintage furnishings and access to the private bathroom. Two King suites are on the first floor, while one is on the third.
⭐️⭐️ PRIVATE BATHROOM ⭐️⭐️
After a long day of walking, shopping and eating in Charleston, a hot and steamy shower in the roomy bathroom is the ideal way to end the day. This newly remodeled bathroom has a modern walk-in shower behind glass doors with rainshower features and basic essentials.
⭐️⭐️ KITCHEN & LOUNGE ⭐️⭐️
The suite has a mini-refrigerator, microwave, and coffee maker with local coffee and tea. These essential appliances make it simple to brew a cup of coffee to appreciate on the patio, or store leftovers from a close by cafe or restaurant.
There's an ice machine on the second floor that you can use as well. You also have access to the shared great room, a sun-filled lounge that is a welcoming space to meet new friends. Combining modern style and antique accents, it features an original ornate fireplace, wood floors, antique light fixtures and handcrafted furnishings.
⭐️⭐️ OUTSIDE SPACE ⭐️⭐️
The sunny, shared patio offers padded outdoor furnishings and unobstructed vistas of the city streets below. This is a great place to read, sip coffee, people watch, work on your laptop, or meet new people. Swing by one of the local eateries and bring your lunch back to the patio to savor, or sit in the sun and enjoy the view.
We provide starter supplies for your stay to include a modest shampoo, conditioner and body wash per person, 3 rolls of toilet paper per bathroom, 2 dishwasher tabs, modest bottle of dish soap, 1 roll of paper towels, 1 spare trash bag, 2 packs of coffee and a handful of modest creamers. After these initial supplies run out, we do not offer additional supplies. There are numerous convenience stores and grocery stores in the area for your convenience.
⭐️⭐️ Book Today & Let Us Take Care Of You In Charleston! ⭐️⭐️
This unit is completely licensed and legal with the City of Charleston under STR Operational Permit OP2022-02711
As a guest here, you have exclusive access to your particular suite and will be given a unique key code to access it. The other areas of the inn will be shared with other travelers. Breakfast is served daily in the common area lounge on the first floor.
Please note that this property is not currently ADA accessible. Entering any common room or guest room at the Inn will require the ability to climb stairs without ramp access. There is not an elevator present at the property.
You will have one parking spot, but it's important to note that these spots can be tight, and it's important to follow the instructions to ensure everybody fits. These parking spots can not accommodate upsized cars. If you're coming with an upsized car, we can provide a parking spot a few blocks away.
When you stay here, you are complimentary to use the shared patio space, great room, and other common areas.
From here, you're just mins. from the vibrant downtown district and close to local grocery stores, eateries, breweries, stores, and historical sites.
Charleston is an extremely pedestrian-friendly city, and you are complimentary to use the bicycles on-site to discover the city on two wheels.
What do we appreciate about this neighborhood? Everything!
Each home is unique. The culinary scene for which the Charleston has become so famed is just steps away. Xiao Bao Biscuit, The Grocery, The Ordinary, 492, Chez Nous, Cannon Green, Trattoria Lucca, Stars, and Fuel (from Diners, Drive-Ins, and Dives) are all just around the corner - among countless others. The fantastic eateries and nightlife of Upper King Street are close enough to walk but far enough to not keep you up all nighttime.
The DASH trolley is complimentary in Charleston. There are 3 routes, and two of the routes have stops just blocks from this property. More information can be found with the route map on the DASH website.
Other Things to Note:
Pet policy: As much as we appreciate the four-legged members of your family, we do not allow family pets at this property.
No smoking is allowed. Violators will be fined for in-room smoke damages. Smoking is only allowed outside of the property at least 10 feet away please.
Please note that there is a noise ordinance in this neighborhood after 10pm daily, so if you are appreciating yourself please stay inside and be considerate of the neighbors.
Please note that COVID-related cancellations are no longer honored. If a positive COVID diagnosis or exposure to COVID prohibits or alters the guest (or any individuals in the guest's group) from traveling to the property, the standard cancellation policy will remain in force. Should a guest choose to cancel their reservation under these circumstances, a refund will not be issued, and we shall have no liability with respect to the reservation.
Extenuating Circumstances Hurricane Policy: If a Mandatory Evacuation Order is issued by the Governor during the dates of your stay specifically for the county in which the property is located, the extenuating circumstances policy will be in effect, and we will refund any deposits or payments paid by the guest. We shall have no additional liability concerning the reservation. However, if a Mandatory Evacuation Order is NOT issued, then THE STANDARD CANCELLATION POLICY WILL REMAIN IN EFFECT SHOULD THE GUEST CHOOSE TO CANCEL THEIR RESERVATION. If inclement weather in any other part of the country or world during the dates of stay prohibits or alters the guest (or any individuals in the guest's group) from traveling to the property, a refund will not be issued, and we shall have no liability with respect to the reservation. During months where there is a potential for inclement weather, such as hurricane season, we strongly recommend guests purchase travel insurance.
Please be advised that by confirming your booking, you are agreeing to the Rental Agreement Policy terms posted publicly on our company website. Should you have any questions, please feel to contact us prior to booking.
Conde Nast has rated Charleston the #1 tourist destination for multiple years. You will adore everything our beautiful historic city has to offer, especially the Southern hospitality in which our residents take such great pride. Don't be surprised if you end up wanting to move here!
About the Area
Located in Charleston, this bed & breakfast is in the city center. Charleston City Market and Upper King Design District are worth checking out if shopping is on the agenda, while those wishing to experience the area's natural beauty can explore Fort Sumter and Fort Moultrie National Historical Park and Marion Square. Patriots Point and Charleston Museum are also worth visiting.
Be prepared: check the latest COVID-19 travel requirements and measures in place for this destination before you travel.
- Pets not allowed
Strategies to get the best Charleston rental experience:
Getting the best rental home value:
- Summer is high season in the Charleston area area. To find the largest vacation home for your budget, we recommend booking in Spring or Fall. You'll enjoy lower rates, greater selection, warm weather and the absence of giant crowds at restaurants, beaches, and activities. Many vacationers use this strategy to find larger homes within budget, or to reserve a beach front rental that would otherwise be unaffordable during the Summer months. Speaking of the off-season, don't overlook the holidays for a Charleston area vacation! Who wouldn't love a holiday on the coast? Christmas, Thanksgiving, and New Years Eve are great times to gather with family and friends at your favorite beach.
- In the Charleston area area, The sooner your group can reserve a vacation rental, the easier your search will be. The most desirable rental properties are booked early. Reserving your rental 6-12 months before your vacation is recommended. Christmas, Thanksgiving and New Years Eve are excellent times to search for and book your rental.
- Active Duty and veterans of the US Armed forces may qualify for special discounts. Be sure to ask your prospective vacation rental company or host if your vacationing group qualifies for a special promotion or discount.
- Property managers frequently offer customers an option to add trip insurance protection. Trip insurance, which usually will cost you anywhere between 1% - 5% of the stay price, offers visitors reimbursement of their vacation costs for any missed time as a result of personal medical-related catastrophes or weather, as well as hurricane evacuation charges, such as an unexpected hotel or extra fuel expenses. Trip insurance is definitely a life-saver if the unforeseen happens. Ask your property manager for specifics.
- Often, property management companies supply Charleston area area visitor guide magazines which often include money-saving offers, either offered independently by local businesses, or by way of a partnership between the management company and the business itself. You can also find Charleston area area magazine and coupon books at local grocery stores, shopping centers, and visitor centers.
Narrow your rental Search:
- First, have your family agree to dates and a spending budget.
- Determine how many beds and the bed configuration your group needs. Speakeasy Suite
- Specific descriptions of bedrooms and bed counts is regularly available online. Otherwise, contact the property manager before you reserve your rental. Remember that most listings specify the max. guest capacity, which often includes pull out couches in living rooms.
- Are you visiting for a specific event? Use a map search to find nearby properties.
- Appropriate accessibility amenities can make or break a vacation for guests that require the use of a wheelchair. Confirm all necessary amenities are available and included before reserving a rental
- Are you traveling with furry, four-legged family members? Although a number of vacation homes allow pets or animals, guidelines and costs vary per property. Allowable pet type, breed, and size are often limited. Ask your property manager before booking, and study your agreement thoroughly! Pet fees or costs applied to your contract.
More tips for your stay:
- Add the property manager's contact information to your phone. Take a copy of check in/check out procedures.
- Note any damages to the property during check in, and immediately contact the property manager. We especially recommend texts and e-mails, as they usually contain time stamps that are very helpful if a dispute is filed.
- Ask questions. You may need instructions for a garage door opener, elevator or WIFI setup. Contact your owner. They are there to help! A brief call can prevent a lot of difficulties.
- Respecting late-night quiet hours and parking rules can make a stay more pleasurable. You'll magnify your chance to make some new local friends, and resident neighbors can be an excellent resource to find the best local beaches and hangouts.
- Speaking of neighbors... Ask a local resident! Local residents can typically help you find the best spots in town. Who better to ask where to order the best nachos, have a great night on the town, or the best spots for fishing?
- Lock your rental property while you're gone! Don't let crooks ruin your family vacation.
- Don't leave anything behind! Before you drive away, take a walk through the rental to confirm you've collected all belongings. Check garages, decks, and cabinets for hidden items. Remove everything from the refrigerator and take or dispose of leftovers.
- Go through the rental one final time and scan for any damage. We recommend inspecting the property with the host whenever possible. If the manager is not available, ensure that you take pictures of the property to record its condition at check-out.
- Did your group have a great stay? Most rental management companies make it easy for customers to provide feedback. If your rental property and/or property manager was great, they would love to hear about it. If anything was wrong and they failed to correct it in a reasonable manner, or if the vacation rental wasn't as described, you'll want to make it a point as part of your feedback.
- Brittlebank Park - 0.6 miles
- William Aiken House - 0.6 miles
- City Marina - 0.6 miles
- Johnson Hagood Stadium - 0.6 miles
- Marion Square - 0.7 miles
- Charleston Museum - 0.7 miles
- Joseph Manigault House - 0.7 miles
- Kahal Kadosh Beth Elohim - 0.9 miles
- City Market - 1.1 miles
- Gibbes Museum of Art - 1.1 miles
Ready to book Speakeasy Suite|Historic B&B|Secret Lounge?Book Online Get Information Call: