- As low as $699/Night
- 4 Bedrooms
- 2 Bathrooms
- Sleeps 10
- Streaming services
- 2 bathrooms
- 4 bedrooms
- Air conditioning
- Basketball nearby
- Bathtub or shower
- Bed sheets provided
- Birdwatching nearby
- Car not required
- Coffee/tea maker
- Cycling nearby
- Deadbolt lock
- Dining table
- Fire extinguisher
- First aid kit
- Fishing nearby
- Fitness facilities nearby
- Free WiFi
- Golf nearby
- Hair dryer
- Ice maker
- In the city center
- Iron/ironing board
- Jet skiing nearby
- Kayaking nearby
- Laundry detergent
- Living room
- Marina nearby
- Near a health or beauty spa
- Near a hospital
- Near outlet shopping
- Near the sea
- No pets allowed
- Onsite parking
- Outdoor furniture
- Porch or lanai
- Power boating nearby
- Smart TV with cable/satellite service
- Smoke detector
- Smoke-free property
- Sofa bed
- Toilet paper
- Towels provided
- Unit size: 1250 sq ft (116 sq m)
- Washing machine and dryer
- Water park
About this Property
- Sleeps 10
- 4 Bedrooms
- 2 Bathrooms
- Private vacation home
- Approximately 1250 square feet
Our property is a legally allowed vacation rental as required by Charleston City Ordinance and is located in the fashionable Cannonborough/Elliotborough neighborhood.
Gorgeously restored property 1 block from the heart of the entertainment district of Upper King Street. Don’t worry about parking which is hard to find in Charleston. Our property provides plenty of parking on-site with room to maneuver without blocking other cars. You also have a huge porch to sit outside and savor the marvelous Charleston weather!
You will know you are in the South as the property has 6 pretty palms, a live oak tree and a enormous sycamore tree that greets you. The property consists of three rental units. Unit A which is the bottom floor of the first home, Unit B which is the top Floor of the first home (and is detailed in this listing) and Unit C which is the home in the back. As you enter Unit B from your private, sizable porch you will be stepping into the Living Room which features a cathedral ceiling and the original beams, fireplace and floor. Don’t worry we have freshly entirely restored and modernized the home with new drywall and insulation, electric wiring, plumbing, air conditioning, lighting, plus a brand-new kitchen and 2 bathrooms. The result - Charleston appeal with modern touches and amenities.
Music - No need to bring your speakers with you. This property has a constructed-in overhead sound system and music selection from Spotify and Pandora. Speakers are located in the kitchen and living room area so you and your guests can appreciate the music you adore!
Living Room – Wow! What a comfortable, warm ambiance. Just imagine sitting here with friends and family. The living room has 4 cozy chairs and a pull-out Queen couch sleeper. Lots of lighting with dimmable lights accenting the cathedral ceiling and beams. Also featured is a huge 55-inch Intelligent, high definition TV.
Kitchen - Whether you want to prepare or just hang out you’ll enjoy the kitchen. High end granite, undercounter lighting, dimmable lights, sound system, sizable refrigerator with ice and water dispenser. Plus, all the conveniences of a modern kitchen: dishwasher, stove, microwave, toaster, garbage disposal, Ninja blender and Keurig drink maker. The kitchen is also completely supplied with dishes, silverware, cooking pots and pans, wine glasses, cookie sheet, mixing bowls, and casserole dishes,
Bedrooms – After a full day of fun in Charleston, you will be ready to retire to one of the 4 bedrooms. Each bedroom offers an exceptionally comfortable queen bed that is serviced with quality linens. In addition, each one of our handsome well-appointed bedrooms has access to wireless high-speed internet as well as CAT-6 jacks for the secure minded traveler. Select rooms are equipped with 33" SMART TV's with CAT-6 interfaces for streaming your favorite movies and tunes.
Bathrooms: There are two bathrooms the bigger bathroom on the right side is located outside of bedrooms 1 and 2. It offers a huge shower with dual shower heads, frameless shower doors, bespoke tiling and a large granite topped vanity.. The second bathroom is on the left side of the home nearer bedrooms 3 and 4. It is gorgeously decorated with a bespoke shower stall and pedestal sink. For your enjoyment, luxury towels, shampoo, conditioner, soap and toilet paper are supplied..
Laundry: We have a full sized commercial grade stacker washer and dryer near bedrooms 1 and 2. Laundry detergent is included.
Need more Bedrooms? - Having a bigger group coming to Charleston with you? Rental of Unit B and our other two units on the property will give you sleeping space for 30 ( 24 in bedrooms).
See VRBO1237214 – 4 Bedroom 2 Bath, sleeps 10
See VRBO1237215 - 4 Bedroom, 2 Bath, sleeps 10
Policy regarding Mandatory Evacuation: If a Mandatory Evacuation Order for Charleston County is given we will refund 100% of all deposits, payments and/or monies paid for the dates of the evacuation. We shall have no further liability with respect to the Reservation. Please note that if there is inclement weather in the other US states or the world which prohibits you or your guests from getting to Charleston, a refund will not be issue, and we will have no further liability. We strongly suggests that our guests obtain traveler's insurance but especially during months when there is a potential for inclement weather ( e.g. hurricane season).
If you have any questions, please reach out to us 843-801-0732. We hope you choose St. Philip Place for a magnificent vacation in Charleston, SC!
About the Area
Located by the sea, this vacation home is in Downtown Charleston, a neighborhood in Charleston. Port of Charleston Cruise Terminal and Charleston City Marina are worth checking out if an activity is on the agenda, while those wishing to experience the area's natural beauty can explore Fort Sumter and Fort Moultrie National Historical Park and Marion Square. Traveling with kids? Consider Charleston Museum, or check out an event or a game at Charleston Gaillard Center. Discover the area's water adventures with jet skiing, kayaking, and motor boating nearby, or enjoy the great outdoors with cycling.
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy
Know Before you Go
A car is not required for transportation to and from this property
Pets not allowed
Strategies for getting the perfect rental home experience:
When to visit & When to reserve a rental home:
- To get the best value, consider shifting your vacation week to the Spring or Fall months. May, September, and even October offer warm weather, , and greatly reduced traffic. Many vacationers use this strategy to reserve larger homes, or to book an oceanfront vacation rental that would otherwise be unaffordable during the Summer months. Speaking of the off-season, don't overlook Winter holidays for a Charleston area vacation! Who wouldn't love a holiday near the ocean? Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Years are great times to gather with family and friends at the beach.
- The sooner your group can book a rental home, the easier your search will be. The best vacation rentals are reserved early. Reserving your rental six to twelve months before your travel dates is recommended. Winter holidays are excellent times to search for and book your rental property.
- Active Duty and veterans of the US Armed forces may qualify for special discounts. Be sure to ask your prospective property manager or host if your family qualifies for a reduced rate.
- Property managers often offer guests an option to add trip insurance protection. Trip insurance, which commonly will cost you 1% - 5% of the booking price, offers visitors reimbursement of costs for any missed vacation time as a result of personal medical-related issues or weather, as well as ensuing additional evacuation costs, such as an unanticipated hotel stay or additional gasoline expenses. Trip insurance might be a a life-saver if the unforeseen happens. Ask the property owner for more information.
- Often, property management companies and vacation rental houses supply Charleston area area visitors guides which often include coupons, either offered independently by local companies, or through a relationship with the property management company and the business itself. You can also find visitors guide and coupon books at local gas stations and shopping centers.
Make a plan and pick the perfectrental:
- To start, have your family select vacation dates and a maximum budget.
- Decide how many beds and the bed configuration your family needs. SOUTHERN CHARM! DOWNTOWN CHARLESTON - Sleeps 10 has 4 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms.
- Specific details about bedrooms and bed counts & types is generally available on booking websites. If you don't see them listed, email the property management company before reserving your home. Remember that most properties list the max. guest capacity, which typically includes pull-out couches and bunk beds. You will need to determine what configuration is right for your family.
- Does your family require specific amenities? Most rental search websites include amenity lists and search filters. Use these to your advantage to find the perfect rental home.
- Suitable accessibility amenities can make or ruin a vacation for persons with disabilities. Remember to confirm all necessary amenities are available and included before reserving a rental
- Some rentals allow pets, and some don't. Acceptable types of family pet, size and breeds may be restricted, and added charges may apply. Ask the property management company about your furry family members before booking.
- Add the host's contact information to your phone. Understand and take a copy of check in/check out procedures.
- During arrival, record any damages to the property and immediately alert the host. Keep records of all correspondence just in case a dispute arises.
- Ask questions. You may want instructions for a hot tub, intercom or appliance. Contact your property manager. They are there to help! A brief text message prevents lots of concerns.
- Be respectful. Frequently, nearby homes are occupied by local residents. Respecting late-night noise limits and parking regulations is the right thing to do.
- Don't forget to... Ask a local! Local residents can typically help. Who better to ask where to find the best bike paths, have a great night on the town, or the best spots for crabbing?
- Ensure you protect the owner (and your stuff!) by locking and securing the home while you are away, just like you would back home.
- On check-out day, take a final walk-through to make sure you have not forget anything. Check closets, dressers, garages, and bathrooms for hidden belongings. Clean the refrigerator and take any leftovers home.
- Walk through the rental one final time and scan for damage. We recommend walking through with the property manager whenever you can (often this isn't possible). If the property manager is not available, remember to take photos and video of the property to record its condition at check-out.
- Did your group have a excellent stay? Many rental websites make it easy for customers to provide comments. If your property and/or host was fantastic, they will likely appreciate your kind words. If anything was wrong and they failed to correct it reasonably, or if the vacation rental wasn't described correctly, you'll want to make it a point as part of your review.
- William Aiken House - 0.3 miles
- Charleston Museum - 0.4 miles
- Joseph Manigault House - 0.5 miles
- Marion Square - 0.5 miles
- Johnson Hagood Stadium - 0.8 miles
- Kahal Kadosh Beth Elohim - 0.9 miles
- Hampton Park - 0.9 miles
- Fort Sumter - 1.0 miles