About this Property
- Sleeps 10
- 4 Bedrooms
- 2 Bathrooms
- Private vacation home
- Approximately 1250 SQUARE_FEET
- Non-smoking property
- Pets welcome (restrictions apply)
- No children allowed
Our property is a legally allowed vacation rental as required by Charleston City Ordinance and is located in the trendy Cannonborough/Elliotborough neighborhood.
Handsomely restored property 1 block from the heart of the entertainment district of Upper King Street. Don’t worry about parking which is hard to find in Charleston. Our property provides plenty of parking on-site with room to maneuver without blocking other cars. You also have a huge porch to sit outside and savor the magnificent Charleston weather!
You will know you are in the South as the property has 6 handsome palms, a live oak tree and a sizable sycamore tree that greets you. The property consists of three rental units. Unit A which is the bottom floor of the first home, Unit B which is the top Floor of the first home (and is detailed in this listing) and Unit C which is the home in the back. As you enter Unit B from your private, enormous porch you will be stepping into the Living Room which features a cathedral ceiling and the original beams, fireplace and floor. Don’t worry we have freshly completely restored and remodeled the home with new drywall and insulation, electric wiring, plumbing, air conditioning, lighting, plus a brand-new kitchen and 2 bathrooms. The result - Charleston appeal with modern touches and amenities.
Music - No need to bring your speakers with you. This property has a constructed-in overhead sound system and music selection from Spotify and Pandora. Speakers are located in the kitchen and living room area so you and your guests can appreciate the music you appreciate!
Living Room – Wow! What a comfortable, warm ambiance. Just imagine sitting here with friends and family. The living room has 4 cozy chairs and a pull-out Queen couch sleeper. Lots of lighting with dimmable lights accenting the cathedral ceiling and beams. Also featured is a huge 55-inch Intelligent, high definition TV.
Kitchen - Whether you want to prepare or just hang out you’ll enjoy the kitchen. High end granite, undercounter lighting, dimmable lights, sound system, huge refrigerator with ice and water dispenser. Plus, all the conveniences of a modern kitchen: dishwasher, stove, microwave, toaster, garbage disposal, Ninja blender and Keurig drink maker. The kitchen is also entirely supplied with dishes, silverware, cooking pots and pans, wine glasses, cookie sheet, mixing bowls, and casserole dishes,
Bedrooms – After a full day of fun in Charleston, you will be ready to retire to one of the 4 bedrooms. Each bedroom offers an exceptionally comfortable queen bed that is serviced with quality linens. In addition, each one of our handsome well-appointed bedrooms has access to wireless high-speed internet as well as CAT-6 jacks for the secure minded traveler. Select rooms are equipped with 33" SMART TV's with CAT-6 interfaces for streaming your favorite movies and tunes.
Bathrooms: There are two bathrooms the bigger bathroom on the right side is located outside of bedrooms 1 and 2. It offers a sizable shower with dual shower heads, frameless shower doors, bespoke tiling and a large granite topped vanity.. The second bathroom is on the left side of the home nearer bedrooms 3 and 4. It is charmingly decorated with a bespoke shower stall and pedestal sink. For your enjoyment, luxury towels, shampoo, conditioner, soap and toilet paper are supplied..
Laundry: We have a full sized commercial grade stacker washer and dryer near bedrooms 1 and 2. Laundry detergent is supplied.
Need more Bedrooms? - Having a bigger group coming to Charleston with you? Rental of Unit B and our other two units on the property will give you sleeping space for 30 ( 24 in bedrooms).
See VRBO1237214 – 4 Bedroom 2 Bath, sleeps 10
See VRBO1237215 - 4 Bedroom, 2 Bath, sleeps 10
Policy regarding Mandatory Evacuation: If a Mandatory Evacuation Order for Charleston County is given we will refund 100% of all deposits, payments and/or monies paid for the dates of the evacuation. We shall have no further liability with respect to the Reservation. Please note that if there is inclement weather in the other US states or the world which prohibits you or your guests from getting to Charleston, a refund will not be issue, and we will have no further liability. We strongly suggests that our guests obtain traveler's insurance but especially during months when there is a potential for inclement weather ( e.g. hurricane season).
If you have any questions, please reach out to us 843-801-0732. We hope you choose St. Philip Place for a amazing vacation in Charleston, SC!
About the Area
Located by the sea, this vacation home is in Downtown Charleston, a neighborhood in Charleston. American Theater and Music Farm are cultural highlights, and travelers looking to shop may want to visit Upper King Design District and Charleston City Market. Traveling with kids? Consider Charleston Museum, or check out an event or a game at TD Arena. Discover the area's water adventures with jet skiing, kayaking, and motor boating nearby, or enjoy the great outdoors with cycling.
- Property Registration Number
Know Before you Go
A car is not required for transportation to and from this property
- Pets not allowed
Tips and Tricks to get the perfect vacation home experience:
How to get the best rental home value:
- Booking in the Fall or Spring shoulder seasons is a good way to save on your rental home. Rates are lower, and you'll find a better selection of acceptable homes. Many vacationers use this strategy to find larger homes within budget, or to reserve an oceanfront rental that would otherwise be unavailable or unaffordable during the high season. Speaking of the off-season, don't overlook the holidays for a Charleston area vacation! Who wouldn't love a holiday vacation near the ocean? Thanksgiving and Christmas are great times to gather with family and friends at the beach.
- In the Charleston area area, The earlier you can book, the better your selection will be. The most desirable rental properties are reserved very early. Reserving your rental home up to twelve months before your travel dates is recommended. Holidays such as Christmas and Thanksgiving are excellent times to plan and book your vacation home.
- Hosts and Property managers sometimes offer discounts for active duty military and veterans. Make sure to check with your host or property manager to see if discounts are available for your family before you book.
- Booking websites often offer their guests an option to purchase trip insurance. Trip insurance, which normally costs 1% - 5% of the base booking price, offers visitors reimbursement of their vacation costs for missed time as a result of medical-related catastrophes or weather, as well as evacuation costs, such as an unanticipated hotel overnight or extra gas expenses. Trip insurance is definitely a welcome relief if the unforeseen occurs. Ask your host for additional information.
- Find a copy of your local Charleston area visitors guide magazine upon arrival. If your rental home doesn't have one, you can find them at local grocery stores, shopping centers, and visitor centers. In addition to great local stories, visitors guides contain discounts for nearby tours and attractions.
Selecting the perfect vacation rental:
- Start by having your family select vacation dates and a maximum budget.
- Note the number beds and the configuration your family needs. SOUTHERN CHARM! DOWNTOWN CHARLESTON - Sleeps 10 has 4 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms.
- Specific information about bedrooms and bed sizes & counts is generally available on booking pages. Otherwise, email the property management company before you book the home. Note that most properties list the max. guest capacity, which oftentimes includes pull-out couches and bunk beds. You'll need to establish what is best for your group.
- Visiting for a single event? Try a map search to locate nearby properties.
- Appropriate accessibility amenities can make or ruin a vacation for guests that require the use of a wheelchair. .
- If your group is traveling with pets, you will need a pet-friendly rental. Request details on breed, size, and type requirements. Be aware that some property managers charge pet deposits and fees.
Some things to know before you go:
- Get the host's phone number and check in/check out procedures for your rental property.
- To ensure that damages aren't attributed to your stay, record any problem areas upon your arrival. Make contact with the host right away to relay any damages. If there is a dispute about who is responsible, having the recorded concerns and contact attempts will be helpful.
- Ask questions. You may want instructions for a fireplace, elevator or washer/dryer. Contact your property manager. They are there to help! A brief phone call prevents a lot of difficulties.
- Be a good neighbor! You wouldn't like obnoxious visitors bothering your peace. Apply the golden rule for common sense. If they like you, locals might even recommend great local food and places you would have never otherwise known!
- Don't forget to... Ask a local! Local residents can frequently help you find the best spots in town. Who better to ask where to get the best breakfast in town, have a great night out, or the best spots for crabbing?
- Lock your rental home while you're out and about. Keep your property safe!
- Re-check every room of the rental property to confirm that you've packed all personal items at check-out. Check bathrooms, garages, and back yards for hidden belongings. Clean out the refrigerator and take any leftovers home.
- Inspect the property a final time and keep an eye out for damages to contents or the property itself. We recommend inspecting the property with the host whenever possible. If the manager is not available, remember to take pictures of the rental to record its condition at check-out.
- Did you have a great stay? Many rental managers make it easy for travelers to provide reviews. If your rental and/or property management company was terrific, they would love to hear it. If anything was inoperable and they failed to correct it within reason, or if the vacation rental wasn't described correctly, you'll want to make it a point as part of your comments.
- William Aiken House - 0.3 miles
- Charleston Museum - 0.4 miles
- Joseph Manigault House - 0.5 miles
- Marion Square - 0.5 miles
- Johnson Hagood Stadium - 0.8 miles
- Kahal Kadosh Beth Elohim - 0.9 miles
- Hampton Park - 0.9 miles
- Fort Sumter - 1.0 miles