- As low as $182/Night
- 2 Bedrooms
- 2 Bathrooms
- Sleeps 6
- Air conditioning
- Barbecue grill
- Basketball nearby
- Bed sheets provided
- Coffee/tea maker
- Deadbolt lock
- Ecotours nearby
- Fire extinguisher
- Fishing nearby
- Hair dryer
- Iron/ironing board
- Living room
- Marina nearby
- Near a health or beauty spa
- Near outlet shopping
- Near the beach
- Near the sea
- No pets allowed
- Onsite parking
- Shared/communal pool
- Smoke detector
- Smoke-free property
- Towels provided
- TV with cable/satellite service
- Washing machine and dryer
- Water park
- WiFi available
- Wildlife and game walks nearby
About this Property
- Sleeps 6
- 2 Bedrooms
- 2 Bathrooms
Welcome to 102 Oceanside Villa!
The Oceanside Villas are each 1000 square feet and are comprised of a three-building complex where all units have private balconies. Free Wireless Internet is also available. Come try your luck at fishing from the 1000-foot fishing pier that is only accessible by condominium owners and guests or appreciate a calming walk on the pier over the breaking waves. The private fishing pier and laundry facilities (coin operated machines) are located across Ocean Blvd. at Sea Cabin Villas. Guests also are conveniently located near the Isle of Palms County Park (this is also the only lifeguarded area on the island) offers guests a playground for kids. Oceanside Villas are within walking distance to grocery store, souvenir stores and eateries.
The Oceanside Villas share a Community Pool, Coin Laundry Facility, and also have access to a Private Fishing Pier! These condos are centrally located right on Ocean Blvd. which is a great location to be within walking distance to eateries, ice cream shop, great entertainment, grocery store, and post office are a short walk from the complex.
Master Bedroom has a Queen bed with flat screen TV.
Bedroom #2 has two Twin beds.
There is a Queen Sleeper Couch in the Living Room.
ALL BED LINENS, KITCHEN TOWELS, AND BATH TOWEL SETS ARE PROVIDED FOR YOUR CONVENIENCE!! You will only need to bring or plan to rent beach towels, chairs, bicycles, umbrellas, etc. Also supplied is a starter set of toiletries such as toilet paper, bath & dish soaps, paper towels, etc. but please do keep in mind you will most likely need to purchase these items after your initial arrival.
This condo also rents monthly in the winter!! Please contact us if interested.
A few important notes to be aware: NO HOME PARTIES. NO SMOKING. NO FAMILY PETS. No exceptions! There is a very strict noise ordinance policy on the island that goes into effect at 10pm on weeknights and 11pm on weekend nights. The car limit is also stringently enforced. This condo is a family rental and is located near year-round residents. This is not a rental home for bachelor/bachelorette events, wedding groups, youth groups, fraternities/sororities, receptions, or any other types of bigger gatherings. We do NOT rent to students or anyone under the age of 21 - no exceptions - even if a parent or legally responsible adult makes the reservation. If such a group occupies or attempts to occupy the property, they will be required to immediately vacate and there will be NO refunds given. Further, this home is stringently a non-pet friendly home. Guest will be fined $500 if a pet is found to be on the property at any time.
About the Area
Located in Isle of Palms, this condo is near the beach. Charleston Lighthouse and Fort Sumter and Fort Moultrie National Historical Park are local landmarks, and the area's natural beauty can be seen at Isle of Palms County Park and Front Beach. Charleston Fishfinder Charters and Mount Pleasant Memorial Waterfront Park are also worth visiting. Discover the area's water adventures with fishing nearby, or enjoy the great outdoors with ecotours.
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy
- Pets not allowed
How to book the best vacation rental experience:
When to visit & When to reserve a rental home:
- Summer is the most expensive season in coastal SC. Book your Charleston area vacation home in Fall or Spring months to enjoy warm weather while saving money and avoiding crowded roads, restaurants, and activities. Speaking of the off-season, don't overlook Winter holidays for a Charleston area vacation! Who wouldn't love a holiday on the coast? Christmas, Thanksgiving, and New Years Eve are great times to gather with family and friends at the beach.
- The sooner you can reserve a home, the better your selection will be. The best vacation rentals are booked very early. Booking your rental home six to twelve months before your travel dates is recommended. Winter holidays are excellent times to search for and book your rental.
- Hosts and Property managers sometimes offer discounts for veterans. Make sure to check with your property manager to see if special discounts are available for your group before you book.
- Booking websites typically offer their guests an option to purchase vacation insurance protection. Trip insurance, which costs anywhere between 1% - 5% of the base booking price, offers visitors reimbursement of costs for missed vacation time as a result of personal medical-related issues or weather disasters, as well as ensuing additional evacuation costs, such as an unexpected hotel or extra gas expenses. Trip insurance can be a a welcome relief if the unforeseen happens. Ask the property owner for specifics.
- Find a copy of your local Charleston area area magazine upon arrival. If your rental home doesn't have one, you can find them at local grocery stores and visitor centers. In addition to great information, visitor guides contain discounts for nearby tours, shops, and attractions.
Use filters to narrow your search:
- Start by having your group select vacation dates and a max budget.
- Note the number beds and the bed configuration you need. Beach Across the Street! 1st Floor Condo w/Community Pool & Prime Location in Central IOP! has 2 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms. If you need a larger or smaller rental, use our Charleston area rental home search.
- Precise descriptions of bedrooms and bed sizes & counts is usually accessible on booking websites. If not, email or call the host before you book your home. Remember that most listings specify maximum guest capacity, which frequently includes sofa beds and bunks. You'll need to work out what configuration is optimal for your group.
- Looking for specific amenities? Most rental search websites include search filters with amenity lists. Filtering by amenity will allow you to quickly find the perfect rental home.
- Appropriate accessibility amenities can make or ruin a vacation for guests that require the use of a wheelchair. Make certain to ask about specialized equipment and wheel chair accessibility.
- If your family is vacationing with pets, you will need a pet-friendly vacation rental. Request information on breed, size, and type restrictions. Some property owners require additional pet deposits and fees.
Some things to know before you go:
- Store the owner's information in your smartphone and wallet.
- During check-in, make note of any issues with the rental property and immediately contact the host. Keep records of all correspondence in case a dispute arises.
- Property managers are great sources of help! Don't be shy to ask questions before, during, or after your stay.
- Be a good neighbor! You wouldn't like obnoxious vacationers disrupting your peace. Apply the golden rule for common sense. Happy residents may even recommend great restaurants and scenic spots you would have not otherwise known!
- Don't forget to... Ask a local! Neighbors can often help you find exactly what you're looking for. Who better to ask where to order the best nachos, have a great night out, or the best spots for fishing?
- Lock your rental home while you're out and about. Protect the owner's property and your things!
- Just before checking out, take a walk-through to make sure you haven't forget anything. Make sure to check bathrooms, dressers, and closets for hidden belongings. Clean out the refrigerator and take any leftovers home.
- Document the condition of the property at check-out. We recommend taking a video during your final walk-through.
- Did you have a great stay? Most vacation rental websites make it easy for travelers to provide reviews. If your rental property and/or property management company was great, they will likely appreciate your kind words. If anything was amiss and they failed to correct it in a reasonable manner, or if the vacation rental wasn't described correctly, you'll want to make it a point as part of your review.