- As low as $184/Night
- 2 Bedrooms
- 2 Bathrooms
- Sleeps 4
- 2 bathrooms
- 2 bedrooms
- Air conditioning
- Bathtub or shower
- Carbon monoxide detector
- Ceiling fan
- Coffee/tea maker
- Cycling nearby
- Free WiFi
- Hair dryer
- Hiking nearby
- Hiking/biking trails nearby
- Laundry detergent
- Living room
- Onsite parking
- Onsite parking includes off-street options
- Paper towels
- Pet friendly
- Smoke detector
- Smoke-free property
- Toilet paper
- Unit size: 1234 sq ft (115 sq m)
- Washing machine and dryer
About this Property
- Sleeps 4
- 2 Bedrooms
- 2 Bathrooms
- Private vacation home
- Approximately 1234 square feet
Located in the Cannonborough-Elliottborough neighborhood of downtown Charleston near Upper King Street eateries, shopping and nightlife, Gertie's Downtown is a two story Charleston Single home that's just a short walk, bicycle or cab ride to all the action in downtown Charleston. Gertie's Downtown serves as a terrific home base from which you can launch your Charleston adventures. The home's layout, with the living room, kitchen and piazza on the first floor and the two bedrooms, two bathrooms and another piazza on the second floor, provide space for you and your guests to either interact together or getaway into separate spaces on your own.
Constructed in 1852, Gertie's Downtown is a enormous ole dame of a home that oozes character & appeal. While the home does have many architectural features you'd expect to find in a home of this age (like old windows, doors & bricks for the non-functioning fireplaces) and is located near the Crosstown highway (which can be noisy during the day & nighttime), it has numerous modern features like its attractively refreshed kitchen and new floor throughout the ground floor. The nightly rental rate reflects the older nature of this home. We do allow modest dogs under 40 lbs at this home. Please note that there is no dedicated off-street parking for this home.
SLEEPING ARRANGEMENTS FOR GERTIE'S DOWNTOWN (sleeps 4):
Master suite (upstairs):
- Queen bed
- Nighttime stand with reading lamp
- En suite bathroom with shower/tub combo
Guest bedroom (upstairs):
- Full bed
- Ceiling fan
- Separate bathroom with a shower/tub combo is up another set of stairs from the hallway outside of the guest bedroom.
- Free high speed WIFI & streaming intelligent TV
- Renovated kitchen with range, dishwasher, refrigerator, garbage disposal, microwave, coffee maker, toaster & more! (Wine refrigerator is not available for guest use.)
- Open layout between the kitchen & living room.
- Double piazzas -- one located on the first floor and the second piazza located on the second floor.
- Full sized washing machine & dryer.
- Don't wait in an office to check-in or get a key! Drive straight to your home and enter the front door with a lock code. Prior to your visit, we will send you our mobile app with directions and full instructions.
Charleston Business License # BL032896-05-2023
Please note that Gertie's Downtown is located in a duplex. Sweet Roomy Suite (which is located on the back half of the home) is also available for rent. If both Gertie's Downtown and Sweet Cavernous Suite are available for your selected dates, then you may rent both Gertie's Downtown and Sweet Spacious Suite and sleep up to 8 people in the whole home. Parking in the driveway is reserved for Sweet Spacious Suite -- there is no dedicated, off street parking available for Gertie's Downtown.
With close proximity to upper King Street and the Crosstown (Septima P. Clark Parkway), the location of this home enables guests to walk to eateries, stores & other cultural delights and provides fast road access to Mt. Pleasant, West Ashley, all local beaches, Charleston County parks, historic plantation homes along the Ashley River and other local attractions. There are a lot of new local eateries -- as well as all the offerings of Upper King Street -- within a couple of mins. walk from Murphy on St. Philip. With D'Allesandros Pizza (a local pizza institution), Brown's Court Bakery (extraordinary breads & pastries) and the Ordinary (high end oyster & seafood restaurant) located just a couple of blocks away, Gertie's Downtown guests have many unique local food options to discover. Walk to Barsa for some tapas or visit the Daily for some coffee or locally made kombucha!
The home is located in a very friendly neighborhood which is undergoing vibrant growth and change, as is much of Charleston. This is the best neighborhood in Charleston if you are looking to be steps away from King Street and experience the area as a local in a transitional neighborhood among young professionals, students and longtime local families. All the neighbors are very nice and welcoming. The diversity and richness of history in the Cannonborough-Elliotborough neighborhood makes this part of town charming to locals and visitors alike. Gertie's Downtown is ideal for folks who appreciate a diverse, vibrant and eclectic neighborhood where you can watch the reinvestment & revitalization in old historic properties going on in real time. Parts of the neighborhood might still look a bit rough but it is safe.
We are close to the crosstown parkway, which may impact light sleepers with the highway traffic noises. There is also construction in the street which is nearly complete but may result in additional noise during the day.
- DOGS CONSIDERED, DOG FEES MAY APPLY, PLEASE INQUIRE. Cats are NOT allowed.
- NO SMOKING
- For TV apps, personal subscription required.
- Tenant must be at least 25 years old. NO PARTIES, EVENTS, PERFORMING ARTISTS OR BANDS ACCEPTED AT ANY TIME. You may not exceed the max. occupancy at any time — day or nighttime. These are causes for eviction with no refund, and may damage our ability to offer the home for future guests exposing you to liability. This is a residential home -- please be respectful of our neighbors.
Guests staying at all ITrip Charleston managed properties receive the following:
* Amenity pack, starter set of soap, shampoo, conditioner, lotion, make up wipes, paper towel, toilet paper, dish soap, sponge, dishwasher & laundry detergent tabs.
* All beds ready made with newly laundered sheets & towels.
# WE DO NOT LIST ON CRAIGS LIST #
About the Area
This vacation home is located in Downtown Charleston, a neighborhood in Charleston. Port of Charleston Cruise Terminal and Harborage at Ashley Marina are worth checking out if an activity is on the agenda, while those in the mood for shopping can visit Upper King Design District and Shops at Charleston Place. Looking to enjoy an event or a game while in town? See what's happening at TD Arena or Joseph P. Riley, Jr. Park. Explore all the area has to offer with hiking/biking trails and cycling.
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy
- Pets allowed
- Service animals are welcome, and are exempt from fees
Tricks and tips for getting the best Charleston area vacation property experience:
Finding your perfect vacation home:
- The sooner your group can book a vacation rental, the better your selection will be. The most desirable properties are reserved early. Reserving your rental home six - twelve months before your vacation dates is recommended. Holidays such as Christmas and Thanksgiving are excellent times to plan and book your vacation home.
- Book your Charleston area rental in Fall or Spring months to enjoy warm weather while saving money and avoiding crowds. Many vacationers use this strategy to reserve larger homes, or to reserve an oceanfront vacation rental that would otherwise be unavailable or unaffordable during June, July, and August.
- Veterans and Active Duty Military members may qualify for special discounts. Be sure to ask your prospective property manager or host if your family qualifies for a price reduction.
- Property management companies typically offer renters an option to obtain trip insurance. Trip insurance, which commonly will cost you between 1% - 5% of the base reservation price, offers visitors reimbursement of costs for any missed trip time as a result of medical-related catastrophes or weather disasters, as well as evacuation costs or charges, such as an unanticipated hotel overnight or extra gas expenses. Trip insurance is definitely a bank account-saver if the unforeseen happens. Ask your property manager for additional information.
- Look for your local Charleston area visitors guide upon checking in. If your rental property doesn't have one, you can find them at local grocery stores, shopping centers, and visitor centers. In addition to great local articles, visitors guides have discounts for local tours and attractions.
Selecting the perfect vacation rental:
- Start by selecting the best vacation week and a max budget.
- Decide how many bedrooms and the configuration your group needs. Walk to Upper King! Renovated Kitchen, Double Piazzas. Original Charleston Home Experience. has 2 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms. If you need a larger or smaller rental, use our Charleston area rental home search.
- Specific descriptions of bedrooms and bed counts is commonly available on booking pages. If you don't see them listed, contact the property owner before booking your home. Remember that most listings specify the max. guest capacity, which typically includes sofa beds and bunks. You'll need to determine which bed configuration is right for your vacation group.
- If your group is traveling with pets, you will need a rental that allows animals. Make sure to ask for details on breed, size, and type restrictions. Usually, property owners charge pet deposits and fees.
- If there's a certain Charleston area attraction you crave, search for properties that are either near by, or those that cater to your desires.
- Proper accessibility amenities can make or break a vacation for guests that require the use of a wheelchair. Confirm all necessary amenities are included before booking.
- Get the owner's contact number and check in/check out procedures for your .
- Ask questions. You may need instructions for a fireplace, A/V setup or kitchen appliance. Contact your property manager. They are there to help! A brief text message prevents lots of problems.
- Keep the property locked while you are gone! Don't let crooks spoil your vacation.
- Upon arrival, document any damages to the property and immediately alert the owner. Record all correspondence in case a dispute arises.
- Be a good neighbor! You wouldn't like unpleasant visitors disrupting your peace and quiet. Practice the golden rule for best judgement. Happy residents may even recommend great beaches and attractions you would have never otherwise known about!
- Speaking of neighbors... Ask a local! Neighbors can usually help you find exactly what you're looking for. Who better to ask where to find the fresh catch of the day, have a great night out, or the best spots for fine dining?
- Double-check the rental property to confirm that you've packed all of your belongings at departure. Check bathrooms, garages, and back yards for hidden items. Clean out the refrigerator and take any leftovers home.
- Document the condition of the property at check-out. We recommend taking a video during your final walk-through.
- Remember to leave a review! Property owners rely on great ratings to drive new bookings. They'll be thankful for your review. Alternatively, if something went wrong, other vacationers will be thankful you shared your review and help them have the best future vacation. Please be objective. If something fell short of expectations, consider whether the manager had any control over the issue, and if so, whether they responded reasonably to solve it.
- William Aiken House - 0.5 miles
- Charleston Museum - 0.6 miles
- Joseph Manigault House - 0.7 miles
- Johnson Hagood Stadium - 0.7 miles
- Marion Square - 0.8 miles
- Hampton Park - 0.8 miles
- The Citadel - 0.9 miles
- Fort Sumter - 1.1 miles