- As low as $212/Night
- 1 Bedrooms
- 1 Bathrooms
- Sleeps 4
- 1 bathroom
- 1 bedroom
- Air conditioning
- Bed sheets provided
- Carbon monoxide detector
- Coffee/tea maker
- Hair dryer
- Iron/ironing board
- No pets allowed
- Property does not allow children
- Smoke-free property
- Sofa bed
- Towels provided
- TV with cable/satellite service
- Washing machine and dryer
- WiFi available
About this Property
- Sleeps 4
- 1 Bedrooms
- 1 Bathrooms
UPSTAIRS AT STUDIO 36 is a bright and airy vacation hideaway located in the heart of Charleston's Elliotborough neighborhood. This modren, 1 bedroom/1 bath pied-à-terre SLEEPS 4 GUESTS and is an upstairs unit within walking distance to the best eateries and stores Charleston has to offer. The kitchen is equipped with granite counter tops, stainless steel appliances, plus a modest dining table, and the living area features comfortable seating that converts to a SLEEPER SOFA, plus enormous, flat screen TV with cable, and wireless internet throughout the apartment. In the private bedroom, you'll find a KING BED and access to a private balcony. There is an refreshed hall bath and separate laundry room with washer/dryer.
Should you find that the apartment is reserved for the dates that you want, please check our sister property downstairs STUDIO 36, for availability. The two can even be booked at the same time if dates allow!
This unit is completely licensed and legal with the City of Charleston under STR Operational Permit OP2023-04551
☀️ 1 King Bedroom/1 Sleeper Couch
☀️ 1 Full Bathroom
☀️ Private Balcony
☀️ Short walk to the best eateries
Studio 36 includes one off-street parking spot. The reserved parking spot is located in a parking lot roughly one block from Studio 36.
*Unlock Hotel Conveniences with your home*
All guests, age 25 and up, staying at this property with Coastal Vacation Properties have been granted access to The Wonderer Charleston.
This 2-acre private membership club located in downtown Charleston is a modern getaway offering resort-style amenities and a Bali-Tulum-inspired ambiance unparalleled on the Charleston peninsula.
The Wonderer includes a swimming pool, onsite eateries for breakfast, lunch, dinner, trendy drinks, and of course poolside cabanas! It also includes an indoor gym and exercise studio with daily classes, a recovery room full of spa therapies, private and shared workspaces, live music, and an active calendar of social events.
Each of our vacation units is accessed by a keyless door code for ease of entry, and accepts for a zero-interaction check-in/check-out process. A door code specific to each guests’ stay will be included the day prior to your check-in. If you have any questions about directions or access to the property, our team would be happy to assist.
In addition, for properties with gate or garage access, you will be given this access code on the day of your arrival as well.
Once you confirm your reservation at The Wonderer, you will receive a link to book your time to visit the Campus. Please note, all exercise classes and ticketed events are offered based on availability and may come at an additional cost. Day Passes are available with required pre-registration via a link that will be shared with you upon booking.
Day pass reservations at The Wonderer for guests of this property are completely complimentary of charge. The Wonderer’s on-site parking lot is a paid lot, however there is complimentary on-street parking in the area subject to availability.
Please note: availability at The Wonderer is not guaranteed without a confirmed reservation. The number of available day passes remains stringently first-come, first-serve. If you plan to savor The Wonderer anytime between April 15th - September 1st, we strongly suggest booking in advance to guarantee access.
The Wonderer has a minimum age requirement of 25 years old (unless you're a member, a guest of a member, or receive a special exception from club management).
UPSTAIRS AT STUDIO 36 has a location that offers an simple walk to Charleston's top attractions and a fast, two-block walk from the bustling Upper King District which includes award-winning eateries and stores. Some of our favorites include Halls Chophouse, The Darling Oyster Bar, Vintage Parlor, Felix, and Kudu Coffee & Craft Beer. Looking for a sweet start to your day? Make sure you stop by Sugar Bakeshop or Brown’s Court Bakery for a baked treat - when you stay at UPSTAIRS at STUDIO 36 come ready to experience it all! Home to many of Charleston's top shopping a dining establishments. Appreciate your morning coffee from the private balcony and then discover the city! One private parking spot is supplied close by.
Upstairs at Studio 36 includes one off-street parking spot. The reserved parking spot is located in a parking lot roughly one block from Upstairs at Studio 36.
Studio 36 is located in the heart of Downtown Charleston, which makes it painless to walk or bicycle to any of our local attractions/eateries.
The DASH trolley is complimentary in Charleston. There are 3 routes, and two of the routes have stops just 2 blocks from this property. More information can be found with the route map on the DASH website.
Other Things to Note:
Pet policy: As much as we appreciate the four-legged members of your family, we do not allow family pets at this property.
No smoking is allowed. Violators will be fined for in-room smoke damages. Smoking is only allowed outside of the property at least 10 feet away please.
Please note that there is a noise ordinance in this neighborhood after 10pm daily, so if you are appreciating yourself please stay inside and be considerate of the neighbors.
Please note that COVID-related cancellations are no longer honored. If a positive COVID diagnosis or exposure to COVID prohibits or alters the guest (or any individuals in the guest's group) from traveling to the property, the standard cancellation policy will remain in force. Should a guest choose to cancel their reservation under these circumstances, a refund will not be issued, and we shall have no liability with respect to the reservation.
Extenuating Circumstances Hurricane Policy: If a Mandatory Evacuation Order is issued by the Governor during the dates of your stay specifically for the county in which the property is located, the extenuating circumstances policy will be in effect, and we will refund any deposits or payments paid by the guest. We shall have no additional liability concerning the reservation. However, if a Mandatory Evacuation Order is NOT issued, then THE STANDARD CANCELLATION POLICY WILL REMAIN IN EFFECT SHOULD THE GUEST CHOOSE TO CANCEL THEIR RESERVATION. If inclement weather in any other part of the country or world during the dates of stay prohibits or alters the guest (or any individuals in the guest's group) from traveling to the property, a refund will not be issued, and we shall have no liability with respect to the reservation. During months where there is a potential for inclement weather, such as hurricane season, we strongly recommend guests purchase travel insurance.
Please be advised that by confirming your booking, you are agreeing to the Rental Agreement Policy terms posted publicly on our company website. Should you have any questions, please feel to contact us prior to booking.
Conde Nast has rated Charleston the #1 tourist destination for numerous years. You will adore everything our striking historic city has to offer, especially the Southern hospitality in which our residents take such great pride. Don't be surprised if you end up wanting to move here!
About the Area
This apartment is located in Downtown Charleston, a neighborhood in Charleston. Upper King Design District and Shops at Charleston Place are worth checking out if shopping is on the agenda, while those wishing to experience the area's natural beauty can explore Fort Sumter and Fort Moultrie National Historical Park and Marion Square. Charleston Museum and South Carolina Aquarium are also worth visiting.
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy
Pets not allowed
Tips and Tricks for getting the perfect Charleston area rental home experience:
When to go & When to book:
- The sooner your group can reserve a home, the better your selection will be. The best vacation rentals are reserved very early. Booking your rental up to twelve months before your vacation dates is recommended. Winter holidays are excellent times to plan and book your vacation home.
- Summer months are high season in Charleston. Booking a rental in the Fall or Spring is our favorite way to save money on your vacation home. Rental rates are lower, and you'll find a better selection of suitable homes. Many vacationers use this strategy to find larger homes within budget, or to reserve an oceanfront rental that would otherwise be unavailable or unaffordable during the Summer. Speaking of the off-season, don't overlook Winter holidays for a Charleston area vacation! Who wouldn't love a holiday near the ocean? Thanksgiving and Christmas are great times to gather with family and friends at your favorite beach.
- Hosts and Property managers sometimes offer discounts for veterans and active duty military. It's always a good idea to check with your host or property manager to see if special offers are available for your family.
- Booking websites often offer renters an option to add trip insurance protection. Trip insurance, which generally costs anywhere between 1% - 5% of the booking price, offers visitors reimbursement of costs for missed time as a result of medical-related catastrophes or weather disasters, as well as ensuing additional hurricane evacuation costs or charges, such as an unexpected hotel or extra gasoline expenses. Trip insurance might be a a welcome relief if the unforeseen happens. Ask your host for details.
- Often, management companies and vacation rental houses supply Charleston area area travel guide magazines which include coupons, either offered independently by local businesses, or through a relationship with the management company and the business itself. You can also find visitors guide and coupon books at local grocery stores, shopping centers, and visitor centers.
Planning and picking a perfectrental:
- Choose a designated group leader, select your vacation dates, and select a spending budget.
- Decide how many beds and the configuration your family needs. Downtown Condo 1 Block to King with Balcony has 1 bedrooms and 1 bathrooms.
- Precise information about bedrooms and bed types is usually accessible on booking pages. Otherwise, email the property management company before booking the rental. Remember that most property listings specify maximum guest capacity, which oftentimes includes sofa beds and bunks. You'll need to determine what is optimal for your vacation family.
- If your group is vacationing with pets, you'll need to book a pet-friendly rental. Ask for details on breed, weight, and type requirements. Note that some property owners charge additional pet fees.
- If there's a certain Charleston area destination you long to visit, look for properties that are either nearby, or those that cater especially to your requirements.
- Appropriate accessibility can make or break a vacation for those with limited mobility. Make certain to inquire about wheel chair entry, pool lifts and specialized equipment needs.
Some things to know before you go:
- Review arrival and departure procedures before leaving home. Take a printed copy, and save the directions to your smartphone.
- Property managers are available to help! Don't be shy to ask any questions during your stay.
- Lock your rental while you're away. Keep your property safe!
- To make certain no damages are attributed to your family's stay, record any problem areas upon check in. E-mail the host right away to document any issues. If there is a dispute about who is responsible, having a record of issues and contact attempts will be useful.
- Don't forget to respect your neighbors. Often, adjacent homes are filled by permanent residents. Respecting quiet hours and parking policies is the right thing to do.
- Don't forget to... Ask a local resident! Local residents can often help you find exactly what you're looking for. Who better to ask where to order the best nachos, have a great night on the town, or the best spots for fishing?
- At departure, complete a final walk-through to confirm you haven't forget any personal items. Check garages, decks, and cabinets for hidden items. Clean out the refrigerator and take any leftovers home.
- Walk through the property one final time and scan for any damage. We suggest walking through with the host whenever you can (often this isn't possible). If the manager is not available, take video of the property to record its condition.
- Did you have a terrific time? Many rental management companies make it easy for guests to provide reviews. If your rental and/or property management company was wonderful, they would love to hear about it. If anything was defective and they failed to correct it in a reasonable manner, or if the vacation rental wasn't as described, you'll want to make it a point as part of your review.
- William Aiken House - 0.2 miles
- Charleston Museum - 0.4 miles
- Joseph Manigault House - 0.4 miles
- Marion Square - 0.4 miles
- Kahal Kadosh Beth Elohim - 0.7 miles
- Brittlebank Park - 0.8 miles
- Johnson Hagood Stadium - 0.8 miles
- City Market - 0.9 miles