About this Property
- Sleeps 6
- 3 Bedrooms
- 3 Bathrooms
- Private vacation home
- Non-smoking property
- Pets welcome (restrictions apply)
- No children allowed
This handsome home at the end of a peaceful cobblestone alley is just one block away from upper King Street, the epicenter of the city's acclaimed restaurant and nightlife district. This home comes with 1 off-street parking space. Appreciate some of Charleston's best local dining all within one block of this home like Chez Nous, The Ordinary, Trattoria Lucca, Sugar bakeshop, plus many more! Come experience Charleston's southern hospitality while staying in a traditional Charleston home.
This is a three story well appointed home. Being off the street makes this a peaceful place to stay, but a stone's throw from the lively King Street when you don't feel like being peaceful. Guests enter from the piazza on the second floor. This home is ideal for the foodie with a huge entirely equipped kitchen, dining area for 6, and cavernous living area. The kitchen includes a full size refrigerator, microwave, toaster oven, stovetop, oven, dishwasher, dinnerware, pots & pans, and cooking tools. There is a washer dryer on the first floor for those who stay longer and wish to do laundry.
Guests will find the master bedroom with en suite bath on the third floor. The bathroom includes double sinks, garden tub and separate stand up shower. An additional half bath is located on the third floor.
The additional two bedrooms and second full bath are located on the first floor. The courtyard is accessed through one of the downstairs bedrooms.
Vacation Rental By Owner is a re-seller, not our website. We list openings not already booked on our site here and on other booking portals that re-sell available nights at a higher rate to cover surcharges & booking costs.
What you get for this premium: You get an simple to use mobile platform and a quality assurance guarantee from Vacation Rental By Owner that we as a management company will deliver the property as advertised.
Personally, we use Vacation Rental By Owner when traveling to remote areas that do not have strong locally based property management companies and have had good luck with it. We are happy to have our homes available on this site.
About the Area
Located in Charleston, this vacation home is in the city center. Music Farm and Charleston Museum are cultural highlights, and some of the area's activities can be experienced at Port of Charleston Cruise Terminal and Upper King Design District. South Carolina Aquarium and Mount Pleasant Memorial Waterfront Park are also worth visiting.
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy
- Pets not allowed
Our top Vacation rental booking tips:
When to visit Charleston & When to book:
- The sooner your group can reserve a home, the better your selection will be. The most desirable properties are booked early. Booking your rental home up to twelve months before your travel dates is recommended. Holiday gatherings are excellent times to plan and book your vacation rental.
- Summer time is high season in Charleston. To get the best value, try shifting your group's vacation week to the Spring or Fall seasons. May, September, and even October offer pleasant temperatures, less crowded beaches, and reduced traffic. Many vacationers use this method to reserve larger homes, or to book a beach front rental that would otherwise be unavailable or unaffordable during the Summer. Speaking of the off-season, don't overlook the holidays for a Charleston area vacation! Who wouldn't love a holiday on the coast? Thanksgiving and Christmas are great times to gather with friends and family at the beach.
- Veterans and Active Duty Military members may be qualified for special discounts. Be sure to ask your prospective property management company or host whether your group qualifies for a reduced rate.
- Property management companies usually offer renters an option to purchase trip insurance. Trip insurance, which usually costs 1% - 5% of the base booking price, offers visitors reimbursement of costs for missed days as a result of medical-related catastrophes or weather disasters, as well as evacuation costs, such as an unexpected hotel stay or extra gas expenses. Trip insurance is definitely a welcome relief if the unforeseen happens. Ask your property manager for program terms and fees.
- Often, management companies and vacation rental houses supply Charleston area area travel guides which will include coupons, either offered independently by local businesses, or through a relationship with the management company and the business itself. You can also find Charleston area area magazine and coupon books at local gas stations and shopping centers.
Selecting the perfect vacation home:
- First and foremost, have your family select a vacation week and a maximum budget.
- Note the number beds and the bed configuration your family requires. The Most Charming Old Brick Alley in Charleston! has 3 bedrooms and 3 bathrooms. If you need a larger or smaller rental, use our Charleston area rentals search.
- Precise information regarding bedrooms and bed counts & types is almost always accessible on booking pages. Otherwise, call the property owner before reserving the rental. Note that most property listings specify the max. guest capacity, which oftentimes includes sofa beds in living rooms.
- Are you traveling with furry, four-legged family members? Although a number of vacation homes allow pets or animals, guidelines and costs vary per property. Allowable pet type, breed, and size are often limited. Remember to ask the property manager before booking, and study your agreement thoroughly! Extra fees or costs could be applied to your invoice.
- Looking for special amenities? Most rental websites include search filters for amenities. Use these filters to your advantage to find the perfect rental home.
- Appropriate accessibility amenities can make or ruin a vacation for persons with disabilities. Confirm all required amenities are included before reserving a rental.
- Review arrival and departure procedures before leaving home. Add a note with the instructions to your smartphone, and take a printed backup.
- Hosts are available to help! Don't be shy to ask any questions before, during, or after your stay.
- Keep your rental home locked while you are out! Don't let thieves spoil your family vacation.
- During check-in, document any issues with the property and immediately alert the property manager. Keep records of all coorespondence.
- Be a good neighbor! You wouldn't like troublesome vacationers bothering your peace and quiet. Apply the golden rule for common sense. Happy residents may even recommend great beaches and scenic spots you would've never otherwise known!
- Don't forget to... Ask a local resident! Locals can usually point you in the right direction. Who better to ask where to rent beach equipment, have a great night out, or the best spots for shopping?
- Just prior to departing, complete a walk-through to make sure you did not leave anything behind. Re-check dressers, closets, and bathrooms for hidden items. Clean out the refrigerator and take or dispose of leftovers.
- Go through the property a final time and look for any damage. We suggest walking through with the property manager whenever you can. If the property manager isn't available, remember to take photographs of the rental to record its condition at check-out.
- Remember to leave feedback! Hosts rely on great feedback to compel new bookings. They'll be thankful for your feedback. Alternatively, if something went awry, other families will appreciate that you share your feedback find their best vacation rental. Please be objective. If something fell short of expectations, consider whether the property manager had any control over the issue, and if so, whether they responded reasonably to remedy it.
- William Aiken House - 0.2 miles
- Charleston Museum - 0.3 miles
- Joseph Manigault House - 0.4 miles
- Marion Square - 0.4 miles
- Kahal Kadosh Beth Elohim - 0.8 miles
- Johnson Hagood Stadium - 0.8 miles
- Brittlebank Park - 0.9 miles
- Fort Sumter - 0.9 miles