- As low as $261/Week
- 1 Bedrooms
- 1 Bathrooms
- 1 bathroom
- 1 bedroom
- Air conditioning
- Available in all rooms: Internet access
- Available in some public areas: Internet access
- Bed sheets provided
- Car not required
- Coffee/tea maker
- Concierge services
- Concierge services
- Deadbolt lock
- Fitness center access
- Fitness facilities nearby
- Golfing on site
- Hair dryer
- In the city center
- Internet access
- Iron/ironing board
- Near a hospital
- Near laundromat
- Near the sea
- No pets allowed
- Sleeps 2
- Smoke-free property
- Smoke-free property
- Tennis on site
- Towels provided
- Unit size: 750 sq ft (70 sq m)
About this PropertyPermit Number: 02331
Our comfortable 2nd floor condo, ‘The Tango’, is ideal for groups of 2 guests with 1 bedroom, 1 full bath. Located just off of Spring Street, location and parking won't be an issue here!
Accessed by it own entrance/exit, and up (exterior) stairs, The Tango features an open floor plan that accommodates both dining and lounge space, making it great for groups looking to spend time together or savor a meal. Studio living space with high vaulted ceiling. The studio features a Queen size bed with luxury linens and cozy sitting area with a Intelligent HDTV. Totally equipped kitchen with basic cooking/kitchenware is also located off of the main living space.
Guests will have exclusive access to the 2nd floor of the building. Easily accessible and well lit for your safety.
You can pull your car off the street and into a driveway/parking lot, which makes packing and unpacking a breeze.
The home is located in the heart of the appealing and trendy Cannonborough/Elliotborough district of downtown Charleston. With its friendly neighbors, cozy eateries, and tree-lined streets, our neighborhood will immerse you in Charleston’s classic appeal. This home is ideal for a family or group seeking a fun, culinary, and cultural vacation. Popular dining spots in the neighborhood include The Tippling House Wine Bar,The Ordinary, Xiao Bao Biscuit, Fuel, Bistronomy, Barsa, R Kitchen, Chubby Fish, Pink Cactus, Chasing Sage, Elliotborough Minibar and the Warehouse for drinks. Our guests and neighbors also rave about Brown's Court Bakery and Sugar Bakery located close by. We recommend going to Babas for a cup of locally-roasted coffee and their delicious cookies and cakes. The home is only a short walk from the very trendy King Street where you will find a multitude of great stores – including antique stores and fashion stores – as well as an countless list of buzzing eateries. Publix is conveniently located close by on Lockwood Drive as well.
The neighborhood is also within walking distance to CofC, MUSC, Roper, and the Citadel
Interaction With Guests:
Our team can provide self- check-in instructions for your convenience. If you need anything at all, we can be reached via text or phone.
Our 5* hosting services company, StayDuvet, will be on hand throughout your stay; from checking you in, to giving you recommendations for things to do! Check out magazine.stayduvet.com for the best local things-to-do such as the best eateries & bars, water-sports, boat units, massages, private chefs, helicopter rides, walking tours, and ghost tours.
Room Service (Downtown Properties Only): Stay Duvet is proud to offer Room Service supplied by Babas on Cannon. We offer a wide selection ranging from breakfast, lunch, pantry staples, bottled wine, drinks, and beer. Please download the iPhone or Android App to start placing your order which will be given to you at the time of booking.
You can walk anywhere and everywhere in Downtown Charleston, but just in case, here is a list of the top transportation services:
Uber and Lyft
Charleston Black Cab Limo Company (Can accommodate 1-200 people)
THIS PROPERTY IS LEGAL AND LICENSED BY THE CITY OF CHARLESTON!
Bag drop supplied through a third event for an additional fee.
We kindly ask you to utilize the washer and dryer if available in the unit to freshen linens. Unlike a hotel, we have limited linens and towels for our guests and must wash them between each stay off-site. We have supplied laundry detergent for your convenience.
PROVIDED WITH EACH STAY:
Free Free High-Speed Internet/WiFi
Free locally packaged Coffee
Paper Products (toilet paper, paper towels, tissues)
Hotel Quality Bath Conveniences (shampoo, conditioner, hand soap, body wash, lotion)
Hair Dryer/Iron/Ironing Board
Animals are NOT allowed with the only exception of certified service animals IF Proper paperwork is supplied prior to Check-in!
Room Service: Stay Duvet is proud to offer Room Service included by Babas on Cannon. We offer a wide selection ranging from breakfast, lunch, pantry staples, bottled wine, beverages, and beer. Please download the iPhone or Android App to start placing your order which will be given to you at the time of booking.
If a Mandatory Evacuation Order for Charleston County is given during the dates of your stay, The Owner/Host or the Property Management Company shall refund 100% of all deposits, payments and / or monies paid by the traveler within 72 hours. Owner/Host or Property Management Company shall have no further liability with respect to the Reservation. Please note that if there is inclement weather in the other 49 states, prohibiting the traveler (or guests in traveler’s group) from getting to Charleston, a refund will not be issued and, Owner/Host or Property Management Company shall have no liability with respect to the Reservation. During months where there is a potential for inclement weather, such as hurricane season, we strongly suggest travelers obtain insurance.
No Smoking Accepted. Violators will be fined for in-room smoke damages. Smoking is ONLY allowed outside of the property, but please try to keep at least 10 feet from the doors to keep smoke from trailing inside. Firearms are not allowed in any of our private residences.
This is a licensed and legal Short Term Rental. Neighborhood peaceful hours are from 10pm-8am. If violated the city will issue a $1047 fine. Guests are also responsible for following the City of Charleston's Ordinance rules under Section 54-227.
Our city is growing quickly. With that growth comes construction. Unfortunately, there’s nothing we can do about the resulting noise or the current, cosmetic state of some neighboring buildings. During your stay, this shouldn’t be too bothersome, since the city’s noise ordinance dictates peaceful hours between 10pm & 8am.
10+ Day Stays are subject to an additional cleaning fee at host's discretion
Please use painters tape if you plan on using tape to decorate for an event. If the wall is damaged due to tape removal or decorations, you will have to pay $500 for repainting.
THIS IS NOT A PARTY HOME!!!
How to Save Money on Your Rental
- Find the tourism bureau in the area you wish to travel. Most established tourism bureaus supply travel guides with savings for rental homes, restaurants and tours. These guides can provide an excellent start to your rental search.
- Are you willing to alter your travel dates? Shoulder seasons offer phenomenal prices.
- Many property management companies and owners offer price reductions for active duty and veteran members of the Armed forces, or repeat vacationers of the same rental. Be sure to confirm with vacation rental company to see if your vacationing group qualifies for a price reduction.
- Is there a certain activity that you are most getting excited about during your stay? If there's a particular Charleston area activity that you just love, keep an eye out for properties that cater especially to your needs.
- Management companies and individual property owners frequently offer customers the option to buy trip insurance. Trip insurance, which usually add somewhere between 1% - 5% of the base vacation rental rate, provides travellers reimbursement of their trip costs for any nights missed due to personal medical related emergencies or weather, and additionally ensuing additional hurricane evacuation costs or charges, like an unplanned hotel stay or additional fuel.
How to Book a Rental Home
Some people are surprised to discover just how many properties are offered in their area of interest. With such a wide selection, vacationers are certain to find a rental that matches their expectations and spending budget.
The vast majority of vacation rentals in Charleston area are privately owned and many are represented by experienced local property management agencies. Rental owners typically choose management companies to manage internet marketing, housekeeping services and regular maintenance.
We have assembled a brief guide to help you get the most from your rental experience.
Finding and booking the perfect rental home:
Do you believe "The Tango by StayDuvet | 4 Blocks to King!" is the best rental property for your upcoming family vacation? Read through this check list to confirm it fits all of your needs.
The Sooner, The Better
Charleston area rental homes start booking early. To assure the best choice of rental homes, we recommend searching and booking your Charleston area rental home 6-12 months before your travel dates, whenever feasible. Christmas, Thanksgiving and New Years are excellent times to plan and reserve your vacation rental..
Find your Area and Determine Dates
Begin by figuring out which specific area of Charleston area you would like to browse, and the determine travel dates.
How Much Rental Do You Actually Need?
How many relatives are joining your trip? Remember that that a lot of rentals advertise maximum guest capacity, which oftentimes includes sofa beds in the home's living room. It is important to determine what is suitable for the family. Most vacation home listings will summarize each one of the unit's specific bedrooms and mattresses.
Decide on Your Budget
Will your chosen vacation property fit your budget during that choice Summer week? Be sure to get cost-sharing commitments from family and friends before booking a costly rental home. Most rental agreements call for a single person to be in charge of the entire reservation.
Vacation home Features
What amenities is your group interested in? Do you just want a property with a swimming pool, hot tub or volleyball court? Are you more enthusiastic about wildlife or night life? Does the unit have bikes and body boards available as part of your stay? Build a list of priority conveniences to guide narrow your search.
Proper access could make or ruin a visit for the less-mobile. Be sure to remember and inquire about wheelchair entry, pool lifts and special equipment requirements..
Are you or other individuals in the group traveling with a dog or cat? Dog policies are different at each rental. Study descriptions thoroughly. A number of constraints might eliminate a potential rental. Examine your agreement thoroughly! Additional charges may apply when pets are added.
Where to Search
. Besides Homeaway, VRBO and Tripadvisor, we suggest searching Google for "Charleston area local rental properties" for local property management companies. Apart from offering distinctive properties, local companies provide you with superb service..
Negotiate the Price
When you've located the rentalhome of your dreams, double check to make sure your trip dates are available.
Some rental home owners will negotiate prices, and some won't. If they are unwilling to budge on a peak-season week, try getting an additional night. Off-peak weeks will likely be negotiable more frequently than peak-season..
Go Through The Agreement
You will want to know which services are included:
- WIFI Access
- Long Distance Calls
- Hot Tub Heating
- Cable and pay-per-view TV
- Trash Pickup (and which day?)
- Maintenance (get a phone number)
- Check in & Check Out Key Exchange
- Parking Space
Get a total that includes taxes, pet and other extra fees.
Do you know the Cancellation Policy?
Cancellation policies vary with each property. You'll probably be offered trip insurance. Trip insurance, which usually costs somewhere between 1% - 5% of your standard rental rate, provides travellers with reimbursement of their vacation costs (and subsequent vacation property costs) for any nights missed as a result of personal health-related emergencies or weather, as well as hurricane evacuation expenses, such as a unexpected motel stay or extra gas.
When you think you've identified "the one", start the reservation process. Keep in mind that most rental contracts will require a significant rental down payment and/or security deposit to protect the vacation home owner.
Get Contact Info
Put the rental manager's contact information into your cell phone and wallet for quick access to answers throughout your visit.
Congratulations! All that is left is enjoying your visit!
During your Stay
- Record the condition of the rental unit immediately upon arrival. We also recommend immediately calling the rental home manager with a report of any damage, together with your request for any needed fixes. If there is a difference of opinion about responsibility later, having the recorded problems and communication attempts could be valuable.
- Ask questions. If there is any ambiguity about parking, rules of the house, house access, swimming pool functions, etc... we suggest you ask the rental home manager immediately. A phone call can save hours of difficulties.
- Remember to be a good neighbor. More often than not, surrounding homes are lived in by permanent residents. Respecting late-night quiet hours and parking regulations can make a trip a lot more relaxing.
- Ask a local. Residents can frequently point you in the right direction.
- Enjoy your stay! Make sure that you protect the owner (and your stuff!) by keeping the home secured while you are away, exactly like you would at home.
When its Time to Leave
- Always make sure that you've packed everything. Check drawers, bath cabinetry and cabinets.
- When your things are all out, begin a walk-through of the rental home to be certain no damage occurred during your stay. We recommend walking through with the property manager whenever feasible (this isn't always the case).. If the property manager is not available, make sure you take photos of the property to record its condition.
- Did you love your stay? Many rental management company web sites request comments after your stay . Property owners and rental managers will appreciate your glowing critiques. If anything went wrong and they didn't correct it in a reasonable manner, or if the vacation rental was not as described, you'll want to make it a point in your comments.
Hold a debrief with the members of your group. Did everyone have a blast? If everything was amazing, next year's vacation planning will be painless. Maybe the rental wasn't quite right, and you'll better know how to filter your search for the next trip.
Strategies for the very best =$cfg->settings->area_title?> rental home experience:
How to get the best value:
- Summer is the priciest along the coast of =$property_arr['state_abbr']?> . To get the best value, try changing your group's vacation week to the Spring or Fall. May, September, and October offer pleasant temperatures, less crowded beaches, and greatly reduced traffic. Many vacationers use this strategy to reserve larger homes, or to book an beach front rental that would otherwise be unaffordable during the high season.
- The earlier your group can reserve a vacation rental, the easier your search will be. The most desirable properties are booked early. Booking your vacation property up to twelve months before your vacation dates is recommended. Holiday gatherings are excellent times to plan and reserve your rental property.
- Some property management companies offer discounts or promotional rates for active duty military and veterans. Remember to ask your property manager if special offers are available for your group before you book.
- Property managers frequently offer customers an option to purchase vacation insurance protection. Trip insurance, which normally costs between 1% - 5% of the booking price, offers visitors reimbursement of costs for any missed days as a result of personal medical-related issues or weather disasters, as well as hurricane evacuation costs or charges, such as an unanticipated hotel or additional gas. Trip insurance might be a a life-saver if the unforeseen occurs. Ask your property manager for program terms and fees.
Use filters to search efficiently:
- First, have your family select dates and a maximum budget.
- Note the number bedrooms and the configuration you need.
- Precise information regarding bedrooms and bed counts and types are normally available online. Otherwise, contact the property owner before reserving the home. Remember that most properties list the maximum guest capacity, which usually includes sofa beds.
- Are you looking for special amenities? Most rental search websites include amenity lists and search filters. Use these filters to your advantage to find the perfect rental home.
- Appropriate accessibility amenities can make or ruin a vacation for guests that require the use of a wheelchair. Make certain to remember and inquire about wheel chair entry, pool lifts and specialized equipment needs.
- If your family is vacationing with pets, search for a rental that allows animals. Ask for details on breed, size, and type requirements. Note that some property owners charge pet deposits and fees.
Some things to know before you go:
- Review check in & check out procedures before traveling. Add a note with the directions to your smartphone, and take a printed backup.
- To make sure damages are not attributed to your stay, make note of any problem areas during arrival. Contact the rental manager right away to report any pre-existing damages. If there is a dispute , having the recorded issues and contact attempts will be very helpful. , and immediately contact the owner. We specifically recommend e-mails and text messages, as they usually contain time stamps that are helpful if a dispute arises.
- Ask questions. You may need instructions for a garage door opener, elevator or washer/dryer. Contact your property manager. They are there to help! A brief telephone call prevents lots of issues.
- Respecting quiet hours and parking policies can make a stay more pleasurable. Be a good neighbor. You'll magnify your chance to make some new local friends, and resident neighbors can be an incredible resource to find the best local attractions.
- To expand on our last point... Ask a local! Local residents can frequently help you find exactly what you're looking for. Who better to ask where to get the best breakfast in town, have a great night out, or the best spots for crabbing?
- Lock your vacation home while you're away. Keep your property safe!
- Re-check the property to confirm that you've packed all belongings at departure. Remember to check dressers, closets, and bathrooms for hidden treasure. Remove everything from the refrigerator and take any leftovers home.
- Record a video to document the condition of the property.
- After your trip, leave feedback! Property managers rely on good feedback to drive new reservations. They'll be thankful for your review. Alternatively, if something went awry, other vacationers will will be grateful for your review and help them have the best future vacation. Please be fair with your feedback If something fell short of expectations, consider whether the property manager could control the issue, and if so, whether they responded reasonably to fix it.
- William Aiken House - 0.5 miles
- Brittlebank Park - 0.6 miles
- City Marina - 0.6 miles
- Johnson Hagood Stadium - 0.7 miles
- Marion Square - 0.7 miles
- Charleston Museum - 0.7 miles
- Joseph Manigault House - 0.7 miles
- Kahal Kadosh Beth Elohim - 0.9 miles